PDA

View Full Version : kicker

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-09-2006, 01:31 AM
So who the is it going to be. Please don't tell me its cundiff, he sucks. We need to sign a good one asap. Is there any good vets out their.............

yes kicking is the best i could come up with :wink:

MJZiggy
07-09-2006, 06:18 AM
I say one day Ryan starts some sort of stupid bet with Sander and they see who could kick with a holder and Ryan boots a 70 yarder and wins the job without question. Could happen. Not likely but it could.

HarveyWallbangers
07-09-2006, 02:24 PM
So who the is it going to be. Please don't tell me its cundiff, he sucks. We need to sign a good one asap. Is there any good vets out their.............

yes kicking is the best i could come up with :wink:

Good vets? If there were any available, they'd be signed. Cundiff wasn't that bad in Dallas. He struggled his rookie year and was injured last year, but was decent the two years in between. He won't be as good as Longwell, but I think it's a little much to assume he can't be decent. Kickers and punters often bounce around before becoming good pros (see Akers, Rackers, Feely, Nedney, Graham). Akers has been a great kicker, and the other four were all mint last year.

woodbuck27
07-09-2006, 02:45 PM
I believe it will be late in TC before we get an answer there.

Joemailman
07-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Cundiff was solid in 2003-2004 before getting hurt last year. Although he struggled some when he came back, he did hit a 56-yarder, so he apparently has not lost leg strength. His kickoffs have been slightly longer than Longwell's, but he has never matched Longwell's accuracy. Of course, Longwell is one of the mosr accurate kickers in NFL history, so that is to be expected. I suspect he will do a solid job if the Packers can solidify the holder situation.

Pack0514
07-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Last I heard, Edinger was still available..... I dont know if you would put him in the "good" catagory. I definitly think he goes in the "best available" catagory.

Tony Oday
07-10-2006, 09:59 AM
well I am looking at it like when Jacke was let go. Hopefully we find another diamond in the rough :)