PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Local TV 4 tells the truth about 'Analyst' Millen

mraynrand
02-03-2009, 08:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=885Nyz_Y9xE&eurl=http://eddriscoll.com/archives/014905.php

Look at the running banner. It reads: "Matt Millen was president of the Lions for the worst eight-year run in the history of the NFL. Knowing his history with the team, is there a credibility issue as he now serves as an analyst for NBC Sports?..."

red
02-03-2009, 09:03 AM
that's classic

Joemailman
02-03-2009, 09:07 AM
I thought Millen was a pretty good color commentator before he left to become the league's worst GM. Besides, if Kornheiser can be on MNF, how much credibility do you need?

cpk1994
02-03-2009, 11:55 AM
I thought Millen was a pretty good color commentator before he left to become the league's worst GM. Besides, if Kornheiser can be on MNF, how much credibility do you need?Exactly. Plus, he is talking about the game of football, not how to manage teams. Seems that a TV station is acting spiteful.

mraynrand
02-03-2009, 01:49 PM
I thought Millen was a pretty good color commentator before he left to become the league's worst GM. Besides, if Kornheiser can be on MNF, how much credibility do you need?Exactly. Plus, he is talking about the game of football, not how to manage teams. Seems that a TV station is acting spiteful.

Ya think? Of course they are. But Millen has no shame. At least wait until the next year or something - a cooling off period. Guy probably still thinks he knows a ton about football.

mission
02-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Im sorry but everytime he was talking this weekend I couldnt help but think to myself "STFU MILLEN WTF DO YOU KNOW?!"

so whether im justified or not, i still could not take the guy seriously

red
02-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Im sorry but everytime he was talking this weekend I couldnt help but think to myself "STFU MILLEN WTF DO YOU KNOW?!"

thats what i thought too

almost everything he did in detroit was a massive failure, maybe he doesn't know a damn thing?

i sure can't buy into anything he says

SkinBasket
02-03-2009, 02:25 PM
I hated Millen before he proved he's a massive fuck up. He was too much into the "I snuck into the locker room before the game to hang out with the guys and we told a bunch of fag jokes. Let me tell you about Edgar Bennet's beaver coat. Again. For the 8th time in 6 weeks. Because it shows how close I am to the guys. Oh... some guy just ran the ball and some other guy tackled him... now back to that beaver coat!"

gex
02-03-2009, 02:40 PM
I heard that there was a website called "LionMice" or something like that where a good majority of the posters believed Millen was doing a good job,and it was just bad luck and unforseen circumstances that were setting the team back. If he were given a few more years his genius would shut the mouths of all those who dared speak of his incompetence. :D

Kiwon
02-03-2009, 02:53 PM
that's classic

A major league facial.

Cheesehead Craig
02-03-2009, 04:19 PM
The guy is a colossal retard.

Zool
02-03-2009, 04:21 PM

Doesn't that make him the perfect sports announcer?

Cheesehead Craig
02-03-2009, 04:22 PM

Doesn't that make him the perfect sports announcer?
High school perhaps. Or maybe he'll do well announcing about cars with their lights on in the parking lot.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I hated Millen before he proved he's a massive fuck up.

I loved Matt Millen. 8 years of joy.

BooHoo
02-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Matt Millen: one of the best things to happen to the Pack!

MacCool606
02-03-2009, 09:19 PM
I agree with everything that's been written above about Millen. But, I don't think there was one of his first round picks that wasn't right with the mock drafts or with Mel Kiper.

So - you can't knock Millen and credit Kiper or the other draft experts. Even the coaches he brought in were the sexy pick. For some reason it just didn't click.

(I don't follow the draft enough to know if he sucked in the later rounds.)

KYPack
02-03-2009, 10:14 PM

I'm with ya, Bud.

In fact, I have to force myself to listen to what he's saying.

I noticed a real manic quality to his commentary, like he knows he has to come up with something good if he's gonna keep this gig.

oregonpackfan
02-03-2009, 10:21 PM
I thought Millen was a pretty good color commentator before he left to become the league's worst GM. Besides, if Kornheiser can be on MNF, how much credibility do you need?

I have to agree with Joe on this one. Millan was and still is a good analyst, IMO.

He certainly proved to be way over his head in taking on the responsibilities of a GM.

He has much more insight and credibility than Kornheiser will ever have.

gbgary
02-04-2009, 02:42 PM
that's pretty funny. did you see this dan patrick interview with him. brutal but he took like a man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8pR2mTZ5b0

sharpe1027
02-06-2009, 09:19 AM
I agree with everything that's been written above about Millen. But, I don't think there was one of his first round picks that wasn't right with the mock drafts or with Mel Kiper.

So - you can't knock Millen and credit Kiper or the other draft experts. Even the coaches he brought in were the sexy pick. For some reason it just didn't click.

(I don't follow the draft enough to know if he sucked in the later rounds.)

I don't think he did well in any round. First round picks are over-hyped and over-emphaisized. Plenty of teams hit on a solid first rounder and still don't win games. Plenty of teams miss on first rounders and win games. IMO, you need to look at the results as a whole. He was as bad as they came and he was consistent at it.

At some point "bad luck" is just bad choices and he passed that point a long time ago.

SnakeLH2006
02-07-2009, 12:00 AM

I agree wholeheartedly, and personally couldn't get over the fact that every good NFL roundtable show has former MVP's, insane QB's, awesome coaches, or smart analysts.

So back to point...why in the fuck was Matt Millen sitting there with those dudes? I mean, hey, he got lucky and was a pretty deece LB in his time and lucked out in winning some SuperBowls on some insane 49er teams, but do we/anyone need him commenting on anything in the NFL after he failed so miserably for so long at his job?

There's hard-working peeps lining up for jobs to clean toilets in this shitty economy, yet there is Big Matt Millen trying to fit in with a who's who of respectable commentators, former HOF's, HOF coaches, et. al.

Go get your margaritas and a BJ from the cantina cleaning lady with your millions you robbed from that senile coot owning the Lions, for a couple of years...... but stay the fuck away from giving football "knowledge" you dumbass. Dayumm.......

Harlan Huckleby
02-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Look at the running banner. It reads: "Matt Millen was president of the Lions for the worst eight-year run in the history of the NFL. Knowing his history with the team, is there a credibility issue as he now serves as an analyst for NBC Sports?..."

You got to be friggin kidding me. The guy played years in the NFL. He got bad results as a GM, but its not like he was drafting stiffs that other people predicted would fail.

Too stupid. This is just a chance for people who enjoy stomping on somebody when they fail to have a little party.

cpk1994
02-07-2009, 08:30 AM
So back to point...why in the fuck was Matt Millen sitting there with those dudes? I mean, hey, he got lucky and was a pretty deece LB in his time and lucked out in winning some SuperBowls on some insane 49er teams, but do we/anyone need him commenting on anything in the NFL after he failed so miserably for so long at his job?
The reason is the part of his resume you ignored. Between his GM gig and playing days he rose through the ranks to become one of the top analysts on FOX. The guy knows the game of football even though he failed at the personnel ascpect of it. THat's the important part here. HE is talking about the X's & O's of the game. Your argument would make sense if they were paying him to analyze personnel moves, but they aren't.

LP
02-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Rag on Millen all you want, but the MNF radio broadcasts with him and Howard David were far superior to Marv Albert and Boomer Esiason.