Carolina

NFC West

Arizona

Suprises will be Arizona, Dallas, Kansas City, Jacksonville

if you need to look at divisions:

http://www.nfl.com/standings

Jimx29
07-09-2006, 03:14 AM
As long as "The Sheriff" Denny Green is involved with them, Arizona will not surprise anyone.......

Joemailman
07-09-2006, 08:20 AM
AFC East: New England

AFC North: Baltimore

AFC Central: Jacksonville

AFC West: Denver

NFC East: N.Y. Giants

NFC North: Chicago

NFC South: Carolina

NFC West: Seattle

BallHawk
07-09-2006, 08:58 AM
AFC North: Bengals

AFC East: Patriots

AFC South: Colts

AFC West: Chiefs

NFC North: Packers

NFC East: Giants

NFC South: Panthers

NFC West: Seahawks

Wild Cards: Steelers, Dolphins, Cowboys, Redskins
------------------------------------------------------------------

If anybody's got any questions about these, feel free to ask.

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-09-2006, 09:57 AM
i guess my only question would be do u really think the benglas r going to win the divisions with palmer hurt. He may not even start the season....

MJZiggy
07-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Steelers and *spits on the ground* Cowboys *spits on the ground again* as wildcards?? I'd think they've got a pretty good shot at their divisions.

BallHawk
07-09-2006, 10:43 AM
i guess my only question would be do u really think the benglas r going to win the divisions with palmer hurt. He may not even start the season....

Carson Palmer is the big question. I think they can survive for 4 games with Anthony Wright at the helm. If you compare the Steelers to the Bengals this is what it looks like, IMO.

QB- Carson Palmer is a better QB than Ben Roethlisberger. I think this is the year we really find out about Big Ben. Up to now he's really been made by his supporting cast. But with Randle El gone and without the Bus he's gonna have to become more of a playmaker. If Carson Palmer isn't healthy, though, than the Bengals are going to need Rudi Johnson to really step up. ADVANTAGE: BENGALS* *assuming Carson Palmer plays 10 games or more.

RB- What a lot of people don't realize is Rudi Johnson is one of the best RB in the league. Last season he rushed for 1458 yards. Yes, Rudi Johnson is a 1500 yard back. Also had 12 touchdowns. Willie Parker was a pleasent surprise for the Steelers last season as he rushed for 1200 yards. The big question is how will he fare without retired RB Jerome Bettis? ADVANTAGE: BENGALS

Receiving- Chad Johnson is the star of the Bengals receiving core but don't forget about TJ Houshmandzadeh. In 2005 he had 78 receptions, for 956 yards and 7 TD's. Jeremi Johnson and Chris Perry are also decent targets. For the Steelers, Hines Ward is one of the best all-around WR in the league. He can run, pass, catch, and is the best blocking WR there is. Unfortunatly, for Hines, his other catching mates aren't as good. Cedrick Wilson even though putting up average numbers, didn't find the end zone and Quincy Morgan is still developing. Willie Parker isn't a bad receiving threat, either Santonio Holmes could make an impact for the Steelers if he can stay out of jail. Likewise for the Bengal's Chris Henry.

ADVANTAGE: BENGALS

Offensive Line: On to the next one. ADVANTAGE: STEELERS

DEFENSE: Odell Thurman, Kevin Kaesviharn, Deltha O'Neal, and Brian Simmons are all good players, but they can't comapre to the likes of Palamalu, Porter, Farrior, Foote, and others. The Bengals defense is not horrible, but it isn't the Steelers. ADVANTAGE: STEELERS
-----------------------------------------------------------

Here it is, the Steelers are considerably better than the Bengals on Defense. But on Offense the Bengals rule.

ADVANTAGE: BENGALS

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-09-2006, 11:55 AM
in your augrement you stated that that the steelers have the advantage on the o-line and a big advantage on defense. THOSES ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO HAVE AN ADVANTAGE WITH. With a great o-line any1 one can run back their and get 1200+ yards, which in turn will open up the pass. And with a dominate defense you win super bowls, like they did last year.

Also, giving an advantage at QB to the bengals with palmer hurt and playing maybe 10 games over a very good QB in big ben is an insult to him. And plus its not like when palmer does come back hes going to just light the field from day one. He going to need time to get back to form.

And the steelers have a big threat in their te miller that you forgot to mention that is another advantage over the bengals.

BallHawk
07-09-2006, 12:39 PM
I think the division will come down to the last game. I don't consider the Ravens a contender for the division. Not enough offense. It really could go either way, but the Bengals won it last year and they are the reining division champs and until proven otherwise I'm sticking with them. Also the Bengals didn't take as big of a hit in FA as the Steelers did.

Partial
07-09-2006, 12:43 PM
How are the Jags are surprise this year? Unless they do significantly worse, they went 12-4 last year!! I think they're going to be even better, considering the colts got worse, and in my opinion, Mercedes Lewis is going to step in and make a huge difference in that offense.

Charles Woodson
07-09-2006, 09:06 PM
AFC East: Miami- no question about that, great defense and sick young rb

AFC North: Bengals

AFC Central: Jacksonville

AFC West: San diego

NFC East: Dallas

NFC North: Chicago

NFC South: Carolina

NFC West: Seattle

Wildcard-AFC---Steelers Broncos

Wildcard-NFC---Giants Arizona

Dont be suprised if...

The texans raiders saints and browns dont do bad..

Teams on the fall

Colts patriots

b bulldog
07-09-2006, 09:29 PM
NFC
North-Bears
East-Cowboys
West-Seattle
South-Carolina

AFC
North-Bengals
East-Dolphins
West-Broncos
South-Indy

BallHawk
07-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Jacksonville won't win the division, IMO, because they lack a playmaker. The Colts, even with the loss of EJ, still have Freeney, June, Mathis, Manning, Harrision, Wayne, Clark. So too say the Jags, with no bonafide player, are division Champs is silly. As with the Broncos, they don't have a playmaker.

In Miami, Saban has done a great job. I have to say, though Miami is overrated. A lot is made of their winning season, but the last game they played in against the Pats, the Patriots were resting their starters, so let's assume they would of lost that game, making them 8-8. Late in the season they won a lot of games, but against bad teams.

Tenneessee(4-12)
Oakland(4-12)
Buffalo(5-12)
New York(4-12)

They are a team on the rise and will be super bowl contenders in at the most 3 years. They still need one or two good players. Just some role guys. They have a great young RB in Ronnie Brown and a great WR in Chris Chambers, but to say they're better than the Patriots isn't reasonable.

HarveyWallbangers
07-09-2006, 09:48 PM
AFC East: Miami or New England? I'll stick with New England this year. Miami will be tough, but I'm not sold on Culpepper being a good QB the first half of the year.

AFC North: Tough. I think Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati all have a shot. I really like what Steve McNair brings to the Ravens. I think the Bengals win this division if Carson Palmer is healthy to start the season.

AFC Central: Indianapolis. Jacksonville is a solid team, but the retirement of Jimmy Smith really hurts them. Man, the AFC is though.

AFC West: I'd pick San Diego if I knew Phillip Rivers was the answer. I'll take Denver.

NFC East: NY Giants. I think Eli Manning moves into superstar status this year.

NFC North: Chicago. Horrible division. Three teams could win it. Wouldn't be surprised to see the winner at 9-7 and the other three teams under .500.

NFC South: Carolina. Tampa Bay could win--if Chris Simms keeps improving.

NFC West: Seattle. Arizona is a year away.

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-09-2006, 11:19 PM
How are the Jags are surprise this year? Unless they do significantly worse, they went 12-4 last year!! I think they're going to be even better, considering the colts got worse, and in my opinion, Mercedes Lewis is going to step in and make a huge difference in that offense.

I meant the jags are going to be a suprise and the division over the colts, not a suprise that there going to be a good team. And I agree they will be better than last year.

FavreChild
07-10-2006, 02:44 AM
The division winners will predominantly be DIFFERENT than last year.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the NFC North with three teams *over* .500.

This is the NFL. Nothing stays the same. (Thank god.)

Merlin
07-10-2006, 07:44 AM
I just don't see how the Bears are going to win the division. They have no offense. Even though they have the best defense, even the lowly Packers last year put up more yards on them then any other team they faced. If a 4-12 team can rack up yards against the #1 defense, then it won't take much for better teams to figure out their achilles heal and actually score on them. The NFC North is NOT the worst division in football. The NFC West is by far. Although this year that may change as the Vikings have no offense and a defense that has once again been rebuilt, the Bears have a great defense but a joke of an offense, the Lions will be the "funniest show on turf" this year although their defense should be formidable (as long as Millen is there they won't go anywhere, the guy is a tool), and that leaves the 4-12 Packers. Our defense should be better because they will actually be running the same scheme for the most part for the second year, the first time since what 2003? The offense all hinges on the guards and from what I have seen, the o-line is looking pretty good right now. So even if the Packers offense is in the bottom half of the top 15, they will still be better then the offenses of the other 3 (probably combined). If our defense proves that #7 last year was no fluke, look for the Packers to run away with the division.

Partial
07-10-2006, 09:14 AM

I meant the jags are going to be a suprise and the division over the colts, not a suprise that there going to be a good team. And I agree they will be better than last year.

They'll be a really good team if they can get some solid receiving play. We always talk about how bad our situation is, but boy they must be freaking out without a single polished starter. Their best prospect is a quarterback convert. Reggie Williams has continually disspointed. Wilford has always been a tease.

13 Stamps, Fred
14 Hymes, Randy
15 Huggins, Felton
16 Edwards, Troy
17 Sharon, Charles
18 Jones, Matt
19 Wilford, Ernest

anyone know why most of their receivers are in the teens? Is this just something they do? I never realized that before until today. Weird.

Partial
07-10-2006, 09:15 AM
I just don't see how the Bears are going to win the division. They have no offense. Even though they have the best defense, even the lowly Packers last year put up more yards on them then any other team they faced. If a 4-12 team can rack up yards against the #1 defense, then it won't take much for better teams to figure out their achilles heal and actually score on them. The NFC North is NOT the worst division in football. The NFC West is by far. Although this year that may change as the Vikings have no offense and a defense that has once again been rebuilt, the Bears have a great defense but a joke of an offense, the Lions will be the "funniest show on turf" this year although their defense should be formidable (as long as Millen is there they won't go anywhere, the guy is a tool), and that leaves the 4-12 Packers. Our defense should be better because they will actually be running the same scheme for the most part for the second year, the first time since what 2003? The offense all hinges on the guards and from what I have seen, the o-line is looking pretty good right now. So even if the Packers offense is in the bottom half of the top 15, they will still be better then the offenses of the other 3 (probably combined). If our defense proves that #7 last year was no fluke, look for the Packers to run away with the division.

they did last year and their offense can only get better. What is so hard to believe? The Raven's offense sucked and they won a super bowl.

mngolf19
07-10-2006, 12:38 PM

I agree with your statement about the Bears, and the Vikes D is a question mark for the reason you stated, but to say the Vikes offense will be bad is strange. Going from no Pro Bowl O linemen to at least 2 PB O linemen is a huge upgrade. Their offense is going to look alot like the Giants, power running. Or even like Pitt. Doesn't require too much from WR or QB, just limited turnovers and good decisions. I think Johnson can handle that.

I also agree that the North will not be the worst in NFC. I actually think that will go to the West as well.

The Shadow
07-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Just don't see the Bears winning the division.
They don't seem to have made a serious attempt at improvement (dismal draft) - and the qb position, the most important single position on any team, is a major question mark.
Urlacher is the linchpin to their whole team, and that is not going to be enough this time.
I see the division as wide open.

Harlan Huckleby
07-10-2006, 01:17 PM
hey Shadow, so glad you made the leap over here.

I am posting from a public library, so have to watch my language. So just call you an old so-and-so.

The Shadow
07-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Hello back, Dog of Blue,
Nice to see so many old friends here.