PDA

View Full Version : No bad vibes in Romper Room?

Harlan Huckleby
02-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Dear Romper or Romperess:

Kiwon started a thread to express his disgut for gay people and those who accept them in the thread "A Confession: I am openly straight"

I think hatred towards groups of people is political and belongs in the room of darkness. I'd say arguments about religion often turn much the same, and ought to be FYI'd.

swede
02-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Since when are gays ethnic?

Unless we're talking about the gay Pakistani on the Gilmour Girls.

And Harvey Fierstein being Jewish doesn't count either.

EDIT: Oh sorry, I didn't realize we've been moved. I guess its time to start spamming joy and happiness.

Harlan Huckleby
02-06-2009, 09:01 AM

"ethnic" is a term used to group people on traits including but not limited to their genetic heritage. Jews and Arabs come from the same semetic background, but they have different religions and culture, thus different "ethnicities."

The "ethnic conflict" in Iraq is between people of zero genetic difference.

But if you are upset by "ethnic", use the word "tribe" instead. A cultural distinct group of people.

SkinBasket
02-06-2009, 09:01 AM
I think the bigger question is, when does a thread become unpolitical enough to be moved to the romper room out of the new dick slapping area?

Harlan Huckleby
02-06-2009, 09:02 AM
excellent question, asshole

swede
02-06-2009, 09:08 AM

Can "assholes" be a tribe?

SkinBasket
02-06-2009, 09:09 AM

You can be my tribesman anytime.

Zool
02-06-2009, 09:09 AM

You're dangerous.

SkinBasket
02-06-2009, 09:12 AM

You're dangerous.

Take me to bed or lose me forever.

Harlan Huckleby
02-06-2009, 09:12 AM

yes, certainly.

leave us kids alone!

Kiwon
02-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Dear Romper or Romperess:

Kiwon started a thread to express his disgut for gay people and those who accept them in the thread "A Confession: I am openly straight"

I think hatred towards groups of people is political and belongs in the room of darkness. I'd say arguments about religion often turn much the same, and ought to be FYI'd.

You would make Keith Olbermann proud.

Harlan Huckleby
02-06-2009, 09:37 AM
relax, Kiwon. People here are cool with your thread. It's OK to call them sick, or make fun. Keep on romping!

Joemailman
02-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Kiwon mentioned Keith Olbermann. Doesn't this thread belong in F.Y.I.? :D

texaspackerbacker
02-06-2009, 05:30 PM

"ethnic" is a term used to group people on traits including but not limited to their genetic heritage. Jews and Arabs come from the same semetic background, but they have different religions and culture, thus different "ethnicities."

But if you are upset by "ethnic", use the word "tribe" instead. A cultural distinct group of people.

Careful there, Harlan. Your treading the fine line at the edge of the unmentionable.

By your definition, I think we assholes are indeed, an ethnic group. Wow! I've never been a member of an ethnic group before. It's ....... stimulating--oops, I heard that word on the news, so I think we can't say it here.

Bretsky
02-06-2009, 05:42 PM
I think you should post the controversial shit in the FYI; of course leave it to HH to test the waters right off the bat :lol: :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
02-06-2009, 05:45 PM
ya, I would say assholes are indeed an ethnic group.

I'm all for ethnic insensitivity. I don't mind any jokes about anybody, including cripples, teenage lesbians, pygmies, postal workers.

I think its even healthy for people to air their hard feelings about various groups. (I'd say that ought to be in the rough and tumble FYI room.)

there is fun and irreverance in discussing different type of people, but also a serious side. Kiwon's thread was not just for fun, he's also beating political drums. the political side pisses me off, he wants gays legally and socially back in the closet. it's ok to piss me off, but at least honestly acknowledge what;s goin on.

Ya, What's goin on!

Harlan Huckleby
02-06-2009, 05:47 PM
I think you should post the controversial shit in the FYI; of course leave it to HH to test the waters right off the bat :lol: :wink:

ya, I agree, go ahead and move.

but Kiwon's provocative anti-gay thread should be there too, that's my point. Kiwon and I can oil our bodies down and wrestle over there.

hoosier
02-06-2009, 08:03 PM

Careful there, Harlan. Your treading the fine line at the edge of the unmentionable.

By your definition, I think we assholes are indeed, an ethnic group. Wow! I've never been a member of an ethnic group before. It's ....... stimulating--oops, I heard that word on the news, so I think we can't say it here.

Ha ha, we'll call you and your kind the "stimulated assholes" from now on.

Kiwon
02-06-2009, 11:04 PM

ya, I agree, go ahead and move.

but Kiwon's provocative anti-gay thread should be there too, that's my point. Kiwon and I can oil our bodies down and wrestle over there.

Sorry, you can do "the Barney Frank" with somebody else, maybe hoosier and his boyfriend.

You've got a hypersensitivity to heterosexuals. Being straight isn't so bad. You should try it sometime.