PDA

View Full Version : I've found COCAINE in a can!!!

Little Whiskey
03-28-2006, 11:40 AM
so i haven't really been about the whole energy drink, but a couple weeks ago i was dead ass tired and had to drive 3hours home. so i stopped at a gas station and picked up a can (double can) of rockstar. thats when my addiction started. so this weekend and monday have been real late nights. i have been sucking down a can on the way in to work. Well the late nights early mornings are starting to catch up. so this morning i grabbed one on the way to work, and now another for lunch. in fact i think i started getting the itches while the guy was out picking one up for me. . damn shit is expensive too. 2 bucks a can. but now i gotta have my fix. tomorrow might be three cans, then four cans... five... i don't know if it i can stop!!!!! i can't even type coherantly!!!

wheres AA for this stuff!!!

jack's smirking revenge
03-28-2006, 11:48 AM
so i haven't really been about the whole energy drink, but a couple weeks ago i was dead ass tired and had to drive 3hours home. so i stopped at a gas station and picked up a can (double can) of rockstar. thats when my addiction started. so this weekend and monday have been real late nights. i have been sucking down a can on the way in to work. Well the late nights early mornings are starting to catch up. so this morning i grabbed one on the way to work, and now another for lunch. in fact i think i started getting the itches while the guy was out picking one up for me. . damn shit is expensive too. 2 bucks a can. but now i gotta have my fix. tomorrow might be three cans, then four cans... five... i don't know if it i can stop!!!!! i can't even type coherantly!!!

wheres AA for this stuff!!!

There is no AA for being addicted to Rockstar. Not yet anyway. Just think--the more you drink , the more you will need.... Eventually, you'll be buying by the case and chugging it morning, noon and night.

If I find you in the gutter and wracked with Rockstar shakes, with a Nick Nolte-esque unkemptness, I'm gonna take away your whiskey bottle too!

tyler

Little Whiskey
03-28-2006, 12:27 PM
this is better!!! you can drink this at work, get the buzz, and not get fired!!!

MJZiggy
03-28-2006, 12:35 PM
They'll outlaw it eventually. Hmmm...speaking of addicting liquids...

MadtownPacker
03-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Just chase it with some meth and it will lower the cost.

Little Whiskey
03-28-2006, 12:49 PM
speaking of cocaine...this stuff tastes like sweet tarts....i knew this guy back in grade school that would grind them up and snort them up his nose cause he thought it was coke...anyway i'm just rambling since i'm buzzing...the worst part is the crash afterword. makes you want to get another. hell i just took a leak and it was lime green. think thats a problem?? those damn emoticons next to this post box are driving me nuts....they are staring at me.....

Little Whiskey
03-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Just chase it with some meth and it will lower the cost.

that'll pretty much kill the not getting fired from work thing though.

speaking of getting fired. this guy at one of my clients yesterday thought it would be a good idea if he cut a grease exhaust line with a torch. needless to say it wasn't. lets just say it took his eyebrows off...and he got a couple days vaca. if not a perminate...damn did i spell those words right...oh well EFF ( it is the romper room after all) IT!!

MJZiggy
03-28-2006, 01:23 PM
I think LW needs an intervention...

FavreChild
03-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Try adding a little Nyquil to get the full narcotic effect. No rules against cough medicine in the office, right? :wink:

Little Whiskey
03-28-2006, 01:46 PM
fc, wouldn't that make me sleep??? thus defeating the reason i started on the stuff in the first place. or are you saying do them both??!!!!

MJZiggy
03-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Here's a really crazy idea. Maybe you should just try getting some sleep.

Little Whiskey
03-28-2006, 01:53 PM
too much to get done. its not like i'm out having a good time. i've got a bunch of shit (oopps can i say that in here) to get done befor the weekend. so to keep from falling asleep at work. i must give in to the darkside.

GrnBay007
03-28-2006, 01:55 PM
so what is this rockstar stuff?

MJZiggy
03-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Have you read the can to find out what's actually in it?

Little Whiskey
03-28-2006, 02:28 PM
007, it is like RED BULL.

zig, as a matter of fact i have a dead can sitting here on my desk. this is what is in it.

carb. water, high fructose corn syrup, glucose, citric acid, taurine, natural and artificial flavors, guarana seed extract, ascorbic acide, caramel color, CAFFEINE, sodium benzoate (to protect taste), l-carnitine, inositol, milk thisktle extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, eleutherococcus senticosus, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, cyanocobalamin.

it also says vitamins b2,b3,b5,b6,b12, and C. also contains taurine, guarana, inositol, carnitine, eleutherococcus senticosus, milk thistle, ginkgo.

hell i'm not sure what half that crap is, but it sounds like its good for you.

FavreChild
03-28-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm tellin' you - NYQUIL. Not a lot, but you'll learn the right combination in due time.

Why do you think all them youngins mix the energy drinks with alcohol (a depressant)? Nqyuil is better, though. And is acceptable for use in the workplace.

(Or maybe it's just me...)

Little Whiskey
03-28-2006, 02:51 PM
is that whats in your mug??? i've never had an energy drink cocktail. whats it do??

anyway, i think i'm comming down off my buzz. so my post may seem a little more coherent. it was a good trip though. i've got another late night planned again. so you might be able to tune in tomorrow for another episode of "Take a Trip with Whiskey". it might be more fun if more than one of us get on this bus tomorrow. do i have any takers???!!

FavreChild
03-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Hmmm....well, I work from home tomorrow. :wink:

Well, there's definitely a different buzz with a red bull/rockstar cocktail. Planning a long day/night of drinking? Going dancing? Then give it a try. NOT recommended for an evening cocktail to unwind in front of the tube.

Like I said, you gotta find the right combination...

As for my mug, well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So it can be whatever you want it to be in that magic glass.

Harlan Huckleby
03-28-2006, 03:23 PM
I say F-it and just go with cocaine. Lawyers & stock brokers have been getting a competitive edge with it for years. Are you gonna be a shark or a minnow?

Little Whiskey
03-28-2006, 04:13 PM
so fc, do you have a recipe for these. will any liquor do or do you have a recommendation?

Little Whiskey
03-28-2006, 04:16 PM
I say F-it and just go with cocaine. Lawyers & stock brokers have been getting a competitive edge with it for years. Are you gonna be a shark or a minnow?

harlan, like i said earlier, i would rather be an employed minnow then a CANNED shark.

GrnBay007
03-28-2006, 04:17 PM
A friend of mine used to work at the Board of Trade building in Chicago. She said she couldn't believe the number of traders that would be out smokin weed on their breaks. Seems weird but I guess it would relax them.

FavreChild
03-28-2006, 04:33 PM
I definitely don't have a problem with those behaviors from a "moral" standpoint, but geez, if you have to do that during the day to cope with your job....GET A NEW JOB.

A lot of people out there are willing to be corporate slaves, I guess.

Little Whiskey
03-29-2006, 08:35 AM
well, its another day on the juice for me. i swear on monday i'm quiting. and quiting cold turkey. i'm even going to give up soda. it'll be water only. i just need my crutch to help me thru this week. then i'm done.

MJZiggy
03-29-2006, 08:38 AM
That's what all the other junkies say, too. :wink:

MadtownPacker
03-29-2006, 08:46 AM
That's what all the other junkies say, too. :wink:

Yup, dat boy is hooked on dat sheez. Get him a substitute.

FavreChild
03-29-2006, 09:51 AM
No, no, no, you're going about this all wrong, LW. You gotta give up the coffee and sodie pop so that you can appreciate the potency of the other stuff.

Otherwise, it's not gonna work it's magic anymore. Time to get serious and do this addiction thing right.

FavreChild
03-29-2006, 01:35 PM
LW, where you at? You didn't quit on me already, did you?

I just picked up some ROCKSTAR...

Pack0514
03-29-2006, 01:52 PM
A friend of mine used to work at the Board of Trade building in Chicago. She said she couldn't believe the number of traders that would be out smokin weed on their breaks. Seems weird but I guess it would relax them.

Thats some funny shit right there!

HarveyWallbangers
03-29-2006, 10:23 PM
He should just start chewing. That keeps you pretty wired. You don't think about eating, and it keeps you regular.

Little Whiskey
03-30-2006, 12:09 PM
LW, where you at? You didn't quit on me already, did you?

I just picked up some ROCKSTAR...

no i didn't quit yet. however i have fallen deeper into my addiction, since now i am drinking alone. besides you were late. by 2 i was on number 3. had the fourth for the ride home. guess that makes the last one a roady

so what did you think? good stuff? gonna do it again?

I got a cold one in my hand right now. anybody else going to partake. remeber its a BYORockstar. none of this sip, sip, pass.

aaaaahhhhhhhhh. that hits the spot. just waiting for it to kick in. i'll check back in a few minutes while it hits the bloodstream.

jack's smirking revenge
03-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Sorry, I think that stuff tastes how I imagine urine does. I've tried Red Bull, Monster, RockStar (had to try it, since I deal with rock stars on a regular basis), etc. and they all taste icky. This is me on coffee...

http://www.singasaints.com/look/niemi_tweek_2.jpg

I drink a cup of coffee and I get w-w-w-w-wired (and it's gotten worse since I gave up Mountain Dew).

tyler

FavreChild
03-30-2006, 12:31 PM
You'll have to give me about 6 hours to catch up, LW. My only caffeine indulgence is the occasional RedBull/RockStar evening cocktail...

Little Whiskey
03-30-2006, 12:52 PM
jack, you think rockstar taste icky, but you drink coffee???? talk about tastes like crap. uless you mix it with a ton of other stuff.

i can't speak for the other brands, since i am a loyal rockstar drinker. the only other i have tried is Mountain Dews version. ya that tasted pretty bad. i think rockstar taste a bit like sweet-tarts. so unless there is a urine flavored sweet-tart that i am unaware of, i'd beg to differ with you.

got that baby gone, and the buzz is well on its way.

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Funny! Urine tasted sweet tart.

I think they have that kind.

jack's smirking revenge
03-30-2006, 05:04 PM
jack, you think rockstar taste icky, but you drink coffee???? talk about tastes like crap. uless you mix it with a ton of other stuff.

i can't speak for the other brands, since i am a loyal rockstar drinker. the only other i have tried is Mountain Dews version. ya that tasted pretty bad. i think rockstar taste a bit like sweet-tarts. so unless there is a urine flavored sweet-tart that i am unaware of, i'd beg to differ with you.

got that baby gone, and the buzz is well on its way.

I'm not really a coffee drinker either (I like the smell, not so fond of the taste). But when I do....I go from tyler to tweek in two seconds.

No worries. Everyone's got their poison. From a previous post, you know mine. I just can't get into the energy drinks. Maybe they are too sweet for me.

tyler

MJZiggy
03-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Coffee's especially good if you put a little kahlua in it...

Little Whiskey
03-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Coffee's especially good if you put a little kahlua in it...

or irish WHISKEY!!

Little Whiskey
03-30-2006, 06:02 PM
I just can't get into the energy drinks. Maybe they are too sweet for me.

jack, i think you are the anti-whiskey. no nascar, no country, no rockstar. let me guess you don't like guns, or fishing, or hunting, or GIRLS!!

imscott72
03-31-2006, 12:43 AM
Don't waste your money on that stuff. Get some caffeine powder in bulk which costs a few bucks, then get a box of ephedrine HCL pills for 8 bucks or so. Take one pill (25mgs) 3 times daily with 200 mg's caffeine and your set. One box of ephedrine HCL and a bag of caffeine will last ya a good month and cost you approx. 15 bucks. Not only will it buzz you good, but you'll lose some serious bodyfat on it. I take this stack every spring to get my bodyfat % back around 10% for the summer beach weather. Shit works... :mrgreen:

Little Whiskey
03-31-2006, 07:22 AM
imscott, sounds like my habbit...err addiction, may evolve to that. i imagine when i get to that point i will be some twiching junky feining for the stuff, willing to do anything for one more hit

Little Whiskey
03-31-2006, 01:52 PM
all right you rat bastards!!! i had to drink alone again today. nobody here cares anymore. oh well i good friend rocky still cares!!! aahahahhhhhhh that hit the spot.

jack's smirking revenge
03-31-2006, 01:59 PM
I just can't get into the energy drinks. Maybe they are too sweet for me.

jack, i think you are the anti-whiskey. no nascar, no country, no rockstar. let me guess you don't like guns, or fishing, or hunting, or GIRLS!!

Well, I'm into girls.... I fished and hunted when I was a Boy Scout. I enjoyed them, but I didn't fully get into them. I was more into drinking with the other boy scouts and starting fires and building stuff. Now, I just prefer activities that don't involve hurting or killing things (hence, lots of projects that "create" rather than "eliminate"). I don't look down on any of those things. I just don't do them. :D

And, once upon a time when I drank, I actually liked whiskey. Now I can't due to a health condition, spurred by drinking WAY too much while at UWGB. Weed makes one a bit of a pacifist. :wink:

tyler

imscott72
03-31-2006, 05:47 PM
imscott, sounds like my habbit...err addiction, may evolve to that. i imagine when i get to that point i will be some twiching junky feining for the stuff, willing to do anything for one more hit

Yeah it feels pretty good on the stuff. You feel like you could run 10 miles in 10 minutes. You crash hard though after you run it for 8 weeks or so. The headaches suck, but it's worth it and studies don't show any long term damage to the heart or anything. It definitely needs to be cycled though. I couldn't imagine running 365 days a year. After 8-12 weeks I don't feel anything on it. My beta receptors are fried, but they refresh themselves after a month or so.

MJZiggy
03-31-2006, 06:46 PM
Sounds like a fun time. :shock:

FavreChild
03-31-2006, 07:53 PM
One box of ephedrine HCL....

He he...ephedrine!

Told ya, LW - That's what the Nyquil is for.

imscott72
03-31-2006, 08:17 PM
One box of ephedrine HCL....

He he...ephedrine!

Told ya, LW - That's what the Nyquil is for.

Hell yah. There's sex, beer, the Packers, and ephedrine..It's called priorities.. :wink:

FavreChild
03-31-2006, 08:38 PM
No, it's called NECESSITIES. :cool:

But that about sums it up, yes.

imscott72
03-31-2006, 10:15 PM
No, it's called NECESSITIES. :cool:

But that about sums it up, yes.

Well yeah that is another great word for it.. :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
03-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Ephe (e.g. trucker speed) was cool in college.

FavreChild
03-31-2006, 10:51 PM
Yeah....so why is ephedrine in Nyquil? What a con. That's what makes it the world's most perfect drug.

(But tell that to my liver in 10 years.)

imscott72
04-01-2006, 01:16 AM
What is ephedrine?

Ephedrine, ephedra, and ma huang are all terms used to describe the same substance or derivative of the plant, ephedra. Ephedra is a stimulant containing the herbal form of ephedrine.

Is ephedrine safe?

Ephedrine is considered a relatively safe herb when taken in moderation or per FDA regulation. It works extremely well and is highly effective. Almost every weight loss and energy supplement contains some form of ephedrine. Millions of people consume supplements containing ephedrine annually whether they realize it or not. Ephedrine is also found in many over-the-counter asthma, cold, and flu medications.

Is ephedrine dangerous?

What makes ephedrine potentially dangerous are the [ephedrine] alkaloids which stimulate the heart and central nervous system, which ultimately speed up the metabolism. Side effects most commonly associated with ephedrine use are jitters and headaches. Additionally, ephedrine use has been linked to heart attacks, high blood pressure, nerve damage, strokes, dizziness, seizures, and death.

What does the FDA have to say about ephedrine?

In 1997, the FDA's proposal would prohibit the marketing of dietary supplements containing 8 milligrams or more of ephedrine alkaloids per serving. Labeling that recommends or suggests conditions of use that would result in an intake of 8mg or more in a 6-hour period or a total daily intake of 24mg or more also would not be allowed.

In addition, the proposal would require label statements instructing consumers not to use the product for more than 7 days, and would not allow label claims for uses for which long-term intake would be necessary to achieve the purported effect.

My take on ephedrine.

If you talk to two doctors about ephedrine, you'll get two different opinions.

I definitely believe that the dangers of ephedrine have been overstated. One could argue that anyone who experiences or has experienced side effects with ephedrine shouldn't be taking it.

The list of restrictions on taking ephedrine-based supplements include recurring heart problems, diabetes, alcohol abuse, liver problems, pregnancy, thyroid disorders, or in conjunction with another prescription medication to name a few.

In the case of ephedrine-related deaths, it could also be said that the intake was too much or the subjects were too young and should not have been using ephedrine in the first place.

The media seems to underscore athlete or teen ephedrine-related deaths without addressing misuse of the herbal stimulant.

Lastly, if you plan on supplementing with ephedrine, consult with a physician and pay close attention to the recommended dosage on the bottle/container. Even consider taking less than the manufacturer's recommendations.

- END

References:
1. Astrup, A., Tourbo, S., Cannon, S., Hein, P., Madsen, J. (1990). Thermogenic, Metabolic, and Cardiovascular Effects of a Sympathomimetic Agent, Ephedrine. Curr Therapeutic Res. 48.6, 1087-1100.

Little Whiskey
04-03-2006, 08:47 AM
well i'm on the first day of the rest of my life. I'm quitting cold turkey. I havn't had a...uhh...well you know (I can't even say it or i might fall off) since last night. I've got a blistering headache and am really edging. I just told my coworker to jam his computer up his ass for asking me how Kenseth did this weekend. I almost helped him with the computer. by the way kenseth lost his brakes yesterday with less than ten laps to go. he was currently in the top ten. now you too can take you computer and shove it were the sun don't shine!!!

MJZiggy
04-03-2006, 08:52 AM
OOOhhhhh!!! Eggshell alert!! Someone get that boy a substitute so we can all live with him while he's rehabbing!

Tyrone Bigguns
04-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Don't waste your money on that stuff. Get some caffeine powder in bulk which costs a few bucks, then get a box of ephedrine HCL pills for 8 bucks or so. Take one pill (25mgs) 3 times daily with 200 mg's caffeine and your set. One box of ephedrine HCL and a bag of caffeine will last ya a good month and cost you approx. 15 bucks. Not only will it buzz you good, but you'll lose some serious bodyfat on it. I take this stack every spring to get my bodyfat % back around 10% for the summer beach weather. Shit works... :mrgreen:

I've tried the ECA stack and it works, but never bought in bulk as you suggest. Where do you buy it?

imscott72
04-03-2006, 10:50 PM

I've tried the ECA stack and it works, but never bought in bulk as you suggest. Where do you buy it?

bulknutrition.com
customnutritionwarehouse.com

Those are the two sites I use the most. Try the Sesamin/Camp stack and let me know how it works. I've been thinking of giving it a shot.

AtownPackFan
04-04-2006, 02:33 PM
I see no one supplied an energy drink cocktail recipe......sorry wiskey, hope this doesn't make you slip back into your addicitve ways.

JaggerBomb:

1 oz shot of Jaggermiester
1/2 can of red bull

You can either mix them and drink like any normal drink.....OR.......

Pour the Red Bull into a glass, drop a shot glass of jagger, and slam it back!

Sounds kinda nasty but is really not too bad.

Little Whiskey
04-04-2006, 03:40 PM
so what is the "effect". is it any different than mixing with soda? or does the alcohol have a distictive effect due to the energy drink? can you substitue redbull with Rockstar? just asking not that i would try it or anything, since i am giving them up!!

FavreChild
04-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Yes, and yes.

(Atown - what this "1 oz" stuff?)

But don't you try it, Little Whiskey! There's a couple of studies that have been done about the Red Bull-cocktail phenomenon. (yes, it's the same effect w/ RockStar). I'll see if I can find one for ya....

(Although you're not supposed to be reading this thread, anyway.)

K-town
04-04-2006, 08:31 PM
A lot of people I know (especially women bartenders) favor Jagerbombs. Ugh. To me, it tastes like a combination of coughsyrup and paint thinner. Of course, most people look at the various brands of yequila I drink and think I'm deranged; so who am I to comment on taste?

I think there are universal taste statements that can be made. For example, I never met anyone who liked Old Crow. Not a lot of people will order a Cement Mixer for themselves. I'm glad I outlived the hey-day of flaming shots.

HarveyWallbangers
04-04-2006, 09:50 PM
To me, it tastes like a combination of coughsyrup and paint thinner.

Damn! Don't let the boys at KFAN see this.

AtownPackFan
04-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Yes, and yes.

(Atown - what this "1 oz" stuff?)

But don't you try it, Little Whiskey! There's a couple of studies that have been done about the Red Bull-cocktail phenomenon. (yes, it's the same effect w/ RockStar). I'll see if I can find one for ya....

(Although you're not supposed to be reading this thread, anyway.)

FC...more then 1 oz and it tastes like Jaggermiester and then you might as well be drinking Nyquel.

FavreChild
04-06-2006, 03:38 PM
What??! Whaddya got against Nyquil?? :wink:

It takes awhile to get the balance right...

FavreChild
04-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Little Whiskey...here's some of the info. I promised for ya on mixing the energy drinks w/ alcohol.

From the Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research journal, March 2006:

Study results show that drinking alcohol and Red Bull together significantly reduces the perception of headache, weakness, dry mouth and impairment of motor coordination. Red Bull does not, however, significantly reduce alcohol-related deficits on objective measures of motor coordination and visual reaction time. People who combine alcohol with energy drinks may be at even greater risk for problems such as automobile accidents because they believe they are unimpaired.

Link: http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2006-03/ace-caa031906.php

FavreChild
04-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Red Bull 'masks alcoholic effect'

Red Bull appears to reduce sleepiness linked to drinking alcohol

People who mix alcohol with energy drinks like Red Bull can often feel less drunk than they really are, a study suggests.

The Brazilian team compared the reactions of 26 men given either alcohol, Red Bull or a combination of both in three drinking sessions.

This had led some to suggest that the combination might reduce the depressive effects of alcohol.

But the team's results showed a "considerable disconnect" between the subjects' perceptions and objective measures of their abilities.

Professor Souza-Formigoni said: "In other words, the person is drunk but does not feel as drunk as he really is."

FavreChild
04-06-2006, 03:49 PM
From The Daily Iowan, 7/7/03:

The popular Red Bull energy drink, which contains a large amount of caffeine and amino acids, has been a hit with the early 20s crowd since its arrival in the United States in 1997. Despite warnings of its dangerous side effects, Red Bull consumers cannot get enough of it - especially when it is mixed with alcohol.

Red Bull, which was first produced in Austria in 1987 and is distributed in 70 countries, is now banned in France, Denmark, Norway, and Iceland, according to a July 2001 press release issued by Red Bull following the deaths of three Swedish Red Bull consumers.

In the press release, Red Bull officials said they are "certain that the alleged consumption of Red Bull Energy Drink has no connection whatsoever with the cause of death of these three young people" and "any harmful effects are generally connected to that of the alcohol."

Although the three deaths sparked an investigation by the Swedish National Food Administration in 2001, Swedish officials have not released any information proving that Red Bull directly caused any of the three deaths.

"Because alcohol is a depressant and caffeine is a stimulant, they both have effects on the central nervous system," said Kathy Mellen, a UI Student Health Service dietitian. "When mixed together, [they] can alter people's perceptions about how drunk they really are, especially for someone who does not usually drink caffeine."

Experts may say there are reasons to think twice about mixing Red Bull and alcohol, but many Iowa City bar patrons continue to order, make, and drink the mixture.

UI junior Dustin Willard said he does not hesitate to mix Red Bull with alcohol because the combination has not had a negative effect on him.

"I like the alert feeling it gives," he said.

That "alert feeling" is an effect from the 80 mg of caffeine in each 8.3 oz. can of Red Bull, Mellen said, adding that this feeling may cause people to think they are sober enough to drink more than they can handle. They might even feel confident enough to drive.

Chris Dilillo, a former bartender at the Union Bar, 121 E. College St., said he hasn't encountered any negative effects of drinking Red Bull mixed with alcohol - neither as a consumer nor as a server.

"The people drinking Red Bull and vodka don't get any drunker than the people drinking Captain and Coke," he said.

Coke contains considerably less caffeine than Red Bull - 35 mg of caffeine in each 12 oz. can - but the same rules apply when mixed with alcohol, Mellen said.

"Actually, 80 mg of caffeine is less than a cup of coffee," she said. "It only becomes dangerous when you mix the caffeine with alcohol."

jack's smirking revenge
04-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Went out on a limb and tried the new Coke product today--Coca-Cola Blak. It's a Coke-Coffee mix. Carbonated coffee? Who's dreamin' up this stuff? ICK-EEEEEEEE!

tyler

Little Whiskey
04-14-2006, 07:18 AM
That's why you need to stick with Rockstar. i have tried Mountain Dew's version, as well as Full Throttle (i think made by coke?) and some others, but they all have tasted horrible. I actually prefer diet Rockstar. I know that sounds kinda funny, but it dosen't taste so sweet. Its kinda like ordering a triple gilbert burger supersized with a diet coke, but i think the effects are the same with a better taste. remember jack coffee bad Rockstar good, diet rockstar even better

MJZiggy
04-14-2006, 07:41 PM
So much for the wagon. Did you go bump when you fell off? :oops:

Little Whiskey
04-17-2006, 07:44 AM
FYI, I have been pretty much dry. occationally i have fallen off but that was merely a moment of weakness, not a complete abandonment!

Little Whiskey
05-23-2006, 12:15 PM
thought i would give you guys an update on my rehab. well i have been dry since april 17. HOWEVER, this past weekend after a rough week of the rugrat on a serious case of kroop(sp) in which i havn't slept much, i decided to help the inlaws out up north lanscaping the cottage. well i stopped to fill up with gas. Damn those stations w/o pay at the pump. I went inside to pay and get a drink. well as i started to reach for a Coke, there it was staring at me, beconing me, begging me to take one last drink. what harm would one little sip cause. so i fell. after i paid for gas and my addiction. I cracked open that can and felt the cold sweet juice hit my partched throught. I noticed something different. this can didn't fit quite right in my hand. that is when i looked a little closer. this wasn't the ordinary double can. this infact was the the wagon buster. it was a 3 banger. 24 once can!!! It has been down hill ever since. I am on day five of my weekend bender. I blame it all on those damn non-pay at the pump gas stations!!!

hey jack ask your lawyer friends if i've got a case against the gas stations?? can i sue for my addiction?

Scott Campbell
05-23-2006, 12:26 PM
thought i would give you guys an update on my rehab. well i have been dry since april 17. HOWEVER, this past weekend after a rough week of the rugrat on a serious case of kroop(sp) in which i havn't slept much, i decided to help the inlaws out up north lanscaping the cottage. well i stopped to fill up with gas. Damn those stations w/o pay at the pump. I went inside to pay and get a drink. well as i started to reach for a Coke, there it was staring at me, beconing me, begging me to take one last drink. what harm would one little sip cause. so i fell. after i paid for gas and my addiction. I cracked open that can and felt the cold sweet juice hit my partched throught. I noticed something different. this can didn't fit quite right in my hand. that is when i looked a little closer. this wasn't the ordinary double can. this infact was the the wagon buster. it was a 3 banger. 24 once can!!! It has been down hill ever since. I am on day five of my weekend bender. I blame it all on those damn non-pay at the pump gas stations!!!

hey jack ask your lawyer friends if i've got a case against the gas stations?? can i sue for my addiction?

Are you in a 12 step program? Are you going to the meetings?

Little Whiskey
05-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Are you in a 12 step program? Are you going to the meetings?

i was until this last episode. when i brought another one of the old 96ers into class, they threw me out. i told them i had one for everyone. i guess they didn't find the humor in that.

Scott Campbell
05-23-2006, 01:06 PM
There's no shame in falling off the wagon, especially when you dust yourself off and try again. You just managed 5 weeks, which is proof you can do it. It sounds like you have plenty of reasons to keep trying.

Good luck.

p.s. I imagine those guys (and gals) don't have much of a sense of humor when it comes to bringing cold ones to meetings. Many of them are fighting for their lives.

FavreChild
05-23-2006, 04:55 PM
But LW, you haven't had your first RockStar cocktail yet!

You can quit after THAT.

(Heh, heh, heh.)

Iron Mike
05-23-2006, 06:46 PM

Here's your smoking gun, LW--they're putting $.50 coupons on the outside of the refrigerator door directly in front of the Red Jak!!!! It's down to $1.49!!

http://bevnet.com/images/home/main-redjak.jpg

Little Whiskey
05-24-2006, 08:41 AM
[quote=Little Whiskey]

Here's your smoking gun, LW--they're putting $.50 coupons on the outside of the refrigerator door directly in front of the Red Jak!!!! It's down to $1.49!!

http://bevnet.com/images/home/main-redjak.jpg

sorry mike, the nascar fan in me won't allow me to switch brands. I've even paid a little more for gas because i know the station sell rockstar. i know, i'm sick. this disease has gotten out of control.

your right FC, i have not had the rockstar bevy. I was thinking i would try mixing a few this weekend. I'll have to remember to print your recipe.

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 12:56 AM
My personal favorite, is the NOS, made by the people that actually make the NOS product. I don't know what it is about that stuff, but it's just the best stuff out there, Jack try that, and hey Whiskey try it to...or any of the bookoos they are my favorites, right after the FRIGGIN NOS i drink like 3 cans a day.....I KNOW i waste so much money on it.

Little Whiskey
05-25-2006, 08:12 AM
i drink like 3 cans a day.....I KNOW i waste so much money on it.

mazzin, maybe you should start comming to Energy Drinkers Anonymous. I had a good run, but as you can see i recently fell off the wagon. the problem is that FC holds her weekly Mixology class next door, and currently they are on the Energy Drink chapter.

FavreChild
05-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Well, it is summertime. You have to ensure that people have extra hydration and replenishment when consuming adult beverages in the heat. :cool:

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Good point favrechild, but a ? for anyone out there.....have any of you guys tried NOS "throttle in a bottle" ??? If not go out and get some NOW, i buy it at our local grocery store, for 6.50 for a 4 pack, and they are 16 oz. cans.....I have to use SO much restraint to not drink ALL 4 everyday.

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 02:16 PM
GOD :shock: Thinking about it makes me want more i drank 3 today, and its only friggin 3:16 where I live....thank god for days off.

Little Whiskey
05-25-2006, 02:34 PM
GOD :shock: Thinking about it makes me want more i drank 3 today, and its only friggin 3:16 where I live....thank god for days off.

hurry mazzin befor it is too late. put the can down and slowly back away. you can do it. you dont need the caffine. keep telling yourself, you don't need the caffine. replace your caffine addiction with something else....like cigs, or alcohol. you can do it mazzin. its all about baby steps.

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Only problem is this NOS tastes so good, and never liked smoking. Its to early in the day for drinking to get drunk. :neutral:

MJZiggy
05-25-2006, 03:13 PM
If you have to, you can ease your way off with tea.

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 03:30 PM
No ziggy, Thanks for the tip, but Tea just won't cut it....just TRY some NOS its sooo damned good.

MJZiggy
05-25-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm off caffeine completely... :neutral:

Little Whiskey
05-25-2006, 04:09 PM
i used to be that way zig, for 5 weeks. now i'm back on the juice :sad:

mazzin you'd better not let FC see you say its too early to drink, she might come on here and try to slap some sense into you!!

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 04:12 PM
haha well first off im underage, so I "don't drink" :wink: :wink: but if i did....I would imagen that 3 is a little early to be drinking.

FavreChild
05-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Alcohol is for mommies and daddies and kids with fake IDs.

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Good point FavreChild, but I am hardly a KID.

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 07:55 PM
FavreChild, I know you were just tellin a joke, didn't wanna come off as a BIA.

Anyways Jack, picked me up a.....RockStar my 5th, yes 5th energy drink of the day. i must admit i really honestly dont like the taste of "rockstar" to much. :neutral:

MJZiggy
05-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Notice to all Rockstar Drinkers (as well as sodas and juices): Please check the ingredients on the labels of the cans. If you see benzoate and ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in the ingredients list. These two ingredients can combine to form benzene which is a hazardous chemical linked to leukemia and other cancers of the blood; nervous and immune system disorders; anemia and chromosome aberrations. Benzine is particularly toxic to children and those who have repeated exposure.

(they've known about this since 1990)Just weeks after the news about benzene resurfaced, the United Kingdom's food safety officials began testing for bezene and promptly removed some soft drinks from stores. Richard Wiles, EWG senior vice president, thinks the FDA should do the same: "Disclose the test results that taxpayers have paid for. Tell consumers which products contain high levels of benzene.

www.motherearthnews.com June/July issue page 23.

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 08:27 PM
rockstar can right here says benzoate, that what you mean. And my real bad addicition (NOS) is out in my OUTSIDE trashcan, I took it out after dinner and am to lazy to go look.

MJZiggy
05-25-2006, 08:32 PM
NOS=

Ingredients: carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, citric acid, taurine, sodium citrate, natural passion fruit flavor with other natural flavors, d-ribose, l-carnitine, caffeine, sodium hexametaphosphate, pectin, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), inositol, gum arabic, monopotassium phosphate, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ester gum, panax ginseng root extract, calcium disodium salt of EDTA, sucralose, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), beta-carotene, cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12)

What the hell is all that stuff in there?

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Your the woman MJziggy, thank you...I'm going to try and quit for good, but I'll probably still consume sweet tea, i can't live without it. But thanks your like my mother haha. I will inform you of how the detox is going

MJZiggy
05-25-2006, 09:14 PM
An interesting energy drink substitute...

http://www.naturesplus.com/products/whatsnewShell.asp?criteria=search&whatsnew=yes&searchVar=30598&productNumber=30598&category=20

I have no idea what it tastes like, but at least it doesn't look like it will kill you.

Little Whiskey
05-26-2006, 09:38 AM
damn you zig!!!! Now i have to quit!!! for good. and i was looking forward to this ice cold rockstar i have in the fridge. well this will be my last :sad: after today, i'm back on the wagon. no lukemia for me.

however that being said, i would bet you would have to consume crazy amounts of the stuff to cause these effects. kinda like sacrine causing cancer. well it sounds like mazzin is to that level. my addiction isn't that high.

good luck mazzin, on kicking your addiction. its a tough disease to get over.

Deputy Nutz
05-26-2006, 09:44 AM
http://www.naturesplus.com/products/photos/30598.jpg

Randy "the natural" Couture endorses this stuff. It must be good. How do I get my hands on some?

Little Whiskey
05-26-2006, 11:10 AM
....I would imagen that 3 is a little early to be drinking.

it all depends when you get up. when i'm out fishing on the lake a beer at 8 is okay. (okay somtimes its even earlier) if your not comfy cracking a beer at that time, how about a bloody or a screwdriver. orange juice and tomato juice, thats breakfast material. my usual excuse is "its always noon in milwaukee"

mraynrand
05-26-2006, 11:44 AM
I just noticed this thread. I'll check on that ascorbic acid sodium benzoate thing. I hadn't heard of it yet, but it's a simple chemical reaction. It may not take place in yor gut if the pH isn't right.

My addiction is to grind french roast or esspressor beans (enough for 10 cups) and brew it into a single 12 oz cup of coffee. Wheeeee!

I also work late into the night and get up early and my head just POUNDS. Sometimes my breakfast consists of 800mg Ibuprofen, one 200mg tablet of caffeine, washed down with pepto. Bleeechhh!

mraynrand
05-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Benzene forms in the can and production (such as it is) can be increased by heat. Still, your getting levels at below 100ppb (parts per billion) and that's close to what you find in nature (water). I don't think you're in any danger from benzene from soda (or at least the danger isn't much above background). Still, both benzoic acid and ascorbic acid are preservatives - ascorbic acid is also sometimes used for flavor. I wonder if they need both to give the same taste.

Little Whiskey
05-26-2006, 12:17 PM
so am i going to live or die??!!!

MJZiggy
05-26-2006, 12:48 PM
http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/news/ng.asp?n=65840-soft-drinks-fda-benzene

The link above is actually the first time I saw this information. I have not gone back to the information yet, but thought that one of the reasons soda companies like to use it is that it's cheap. Go figure. Mother Earth also suggested that part of the reason they didn't regulate it sooner was that at the time they assumed that people drank mostly water and the amounts that they would get from soda were negligible, but that really isn't the case anymore is it? I have read the labels from a few things and know that if you want to spend lots of money on a beverage, IZZE is fine as is the new all natural 7Up. I get the feeling that someone at 7up knew this was going to come up again 'cause their timing is amazing.

Nutz, if you follow the link that I posted for the Green Lightning, it was from a website that had it for sale I believe. Let me know how it tastes.

Mazzin
05-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Clean for today, just water and Gatorade. Going to the gym now, will inform you more tommorrow, have a good one and everyone.......................................... .........SMILE! :D :razz: :razz: :razz: :D

mraynrand
05-27-2006, 08:29 AM
http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/news/ng.asp?n=65840-soft-drinks-fda-benzene

The link above is actually the first time I saw this information.

From the article: "These independent tests, performed by a laboratory in New York, found benzene levels in a couple of soft drinks two-and-a-half-times and five times above the World Health Organisation limit for drinking water (10 parts per billion). "

I'm not trying to be a shill for the beverage industry, but I've seen no data showing benzene is toxic at 100 ppb. Just because the EPA or world heath organization (WHO?) sets a level, doesn't mean that above that level, you're gonna fall over dead. Typically the levels of the stuff they need to induce cancer formation in mice are a lot higher - like 10,000 ppb or more. And the mice they conduct experiments on develop cancers in response to just about anything. I'm not saying to just ignore it, but you have to be realistic. I did a quick search of WebMD and found something more recent:

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/122/114752.htm

MMMMMmmmmmmmm.....Benzene........my one weakness!

mraynrand
05-27-2006, 08:31 AM
so am i going to live or die??!!!

You are going to die, just like the rest of us. But, dyin' in your bed, many years from now, which one of you wouldn't give up ALL the years in between for one chance, JUST ONE CHANCE, to come back and say, they can take our lives with Benzene toxicity, but they can never take OUR FREEDOM!!!!

MJZiggy
05-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Interesting article. I do wish they would just drop the benzoates completely. Then I could have my Dr. Pepper without even thinking of it.

Little Whiskey
05-29-2006, 06:01 PM
Clean for today, just water and Gatorade. Going to the gym now, will inform you more tommorrow, have a good one and everyone.......................................... .........SMILE! :D :razz: :razz: :razz: :D

way to go mazzin!! I too have been rockstar free since friday. four days and counting. its all about baby steps.

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 06:51 PM
How did I miss this thread. I just started drinking soda again. Diet Coke, nothing serious. Well, anyway it took about 2 days and I was full blown. I was taking separate trips to the gas station to buy it. I would do anything for my coke. I just took my last sip today. I weined myself off by cutting a little more each day. I've kicked so many addictions from Cigs, caffiene like 10 times, weed, ect.....I drank one because I got like 4 hours of sleep and had to work 11 hours. I was right back on the bus. Don't do it. Once you quit, it is just not worth it.

Get offf the shit and stay off. The crash is so much longer and harder than the buzz is good. If you could have one without the other it would be great. Unfortunately you cannot. The only thing I can think of that would work is to drink your speed all day and then at the end of the day take a Tylenol PM to sleep. That way you never crash and you can still get sleep. I'm pretty sure it would be good for a whiile, but I'll bet the health risks would start taking effect.

The longer I live, the more I realize there is no way to happily use drugs. Unless it's pot. I've seen wired people self medicate with pot and do just fine. They eventually get lung cancer and other issues so I'm sure it catches up too. The best thing is to learn how to manage your life with real coping mechanisms. Drugs are bad. I don't believe it becasue someone told me. I believe it because I'd tried them all and they all get the best of you at some point in my experience. Even caffeine.

RashanGary
05-29-2006, 06:54 PM
That first drink is a lot of fun though. If you're off the stuff for a while, there is nothing better than a very high dose of whatever it is that trips your trigger.

Little Whiskey
05-30-2006, 10:26 PM
okay, i had to get gas today. like i do every other day and a half, but that is for another thread. i go in to pay and reach for a drink. and decided to try your NOS, mazzin. man that stuff is mighty tasty. tastes kinda like orange hubba bubba. however i don't think it has the same kick as rockstar.

sorry, i fell off the wagon again. i feel like i let you down. but tommorrow is another day!!!

Mazzin
05-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Eh at least you know what I mean about it tasting good. Its okay to fall off the wagon. No caffine for me for the past 3 days WOOT! :lol:

GBRulz
05-31-2006, 12:41 AM
I have never gotten into any of those energy drinks...unless mixed with Jagemiester!

There is no way in hell that I could give up caffeine though. If I don't have my coffee in the morning, I have a major headache by around 10am.

Also started on the damn cigs again. I was doing so well, too. :cry:

RashanGary
05-31-2006, 12:43 AM
I quit smoking for 5 years and I have the damn head ache right now becuase this was my first day without caffeine. I slowly weined myself off so it's not that bad....

GBRulz
05-31-2006, 12:59 AM
I'm thinking of going on the patch. That shit is expensive though. I mean yes, it will pay itself off very soon from not buying smokes anymore, but I hate to spend all that money and then not have it work.

Still mad that I started up again. All it took was one night of drinking with friends and bumming a cig from someone. One led to another.....

Partial
05-31-2006, 01:07 AM
I cannot speak on smoking, but I have found when trying to give up caffeine, eating a decent sized, healthy breakfast with a piece of fruit really helps to avoid headaches and feeling lazy.

RashanGary
05-31-2006, 01:07 AM
I've been there Michelle. I was off and on for a year or 2. I think it really helps to smoke ultra lights. The physical addiction is not nearly as strong when you're only intakeing a small fraction of the nicotine. I had a much easier time when I quite from ultra-lights then I did when I tried from Marlb Reds = Cowboy Killa's.

GBRulz
05-31-2006, 08:24 AM
Nick, I thought the same as you. Um, I've been on ultra-lights for about 5 years now, lol.

I'm ready to quit smoking, but I'll never quit caffeine! I'm addicted to Dunkin Donuts coffee for life!!

Deputy Nutz
05-31-2006, 09:53 AM
I think you are all pussies.

God Made Caffeine for us to drink and enjoy, why go against god?

FavreChild
05-31-2006, 10:24 AM
Nuh uh - god made alcohol to mix with the caffeine. :wink:

Little Whiskey
05-31-2006, 12:06 PM
GBM, you gave up cigs but you are now hooked on 2 packs of gum and three patches a day!! your $5-10 habit (i think that is what a pack costs) now goes to $100 a day!! :mrgreen:

nutz you gotta change that avartar!!!! it is too damn disgusting to look at!!!
:cool:

GBRulz
05-31-2006, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement, Whiskey! :roll: I'll make sure I have your number on speed dial should I ever have suicidal tendancies.

Iron Mike
05-31-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm thinking of going on the patch.

Mmmmmmmmmm........really???? :oops: Shouldn't that be in the Women's thread????

Mazzin
05-31-2006, 10:51 PM
Nothing but water for 4 days, lacking motivation though. :sad:

GBRulz
06-01-2006, 08:36 AM
Ha Mike, in order for THAT kind of patch, one has to actually have sex, lol

Partial
06-01-2006, 08:44 AM
you guys can kick it! just be strong, stay hydrated, and get as much fresh air as possible!!

Deputy Nutz
06-01-2006, 09:05 AM
I got a perfect way for you guys to kick your habbit. Rember when your dad caught you smoking a cig, and he made you smoke a whole pack? Well my dad never made me do that either, but take the same theory and apply it to this addiction. Drink nothing but RockStar for the next 4 days. It might kill you, or it might totally change your life, in a good crack head type way.

Little Whiskey
06-01-2006, 09:09 AM
nutz, i think that is the theory the lady in your avatar followed. maybe when she was a mear shell of her current self she was addicted to cake. so to kick her habit, she followed your instructions. I don't think it worked out for her.

GBRulz
06-01-2006, 10:43 PM
ok I tried that Rockstar tonight. Tastes like ass but makes ya feel kinda warm and fuzzy inside...between bouncing off the walls that is

Deputy Nutz
06-02-2006, 09:04 AM
I drank a rockstar this morning, the diet version. And I ain't even got a "mean on" yet.

Mazzin
06-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Cuz you got diet thats why less sugar and what have you.......also day 6 nothing but water WOOT!

Try NOS it taste much much better

Little Whiskey
06-02-2006, 10:15 AM
your right mazzin, NOS does taste better but i think rockstar has much more of a kick. diet is a little less intense than the reg. but i like the taste of the diet better. its not so sweet. Nutz, if that is a pic of you in your avatar you will need to drink down a few cases to catch the buzz.

Deputy Nutz
06-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Last time I checked I wasn't a chick, and I don't need to wear a bro. I will be getting another fatty for you all later this week. I know Murphy is turned on by her, and thats what matters.

Mazzin
06-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Nutz glad you changed your profile, and i have drank nothing but water for about 3 weeks now and no longer desire anything different oh yea....

BUMP

Deputy Nutz
04-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Well, I have fallen back into the Rockstar addiction. I love the diet Rockstar in the white can. No other energy drink will do I have a problem, I just bough 3 cans for 5 bucks today, I have drank two of them already.

Little Whiskey
04-05-2008, 11:41 AM
diggin up bones!

I'm with you nutz. I will only get gas at stations that i know will have the stuff. I've tried all their product but keep going back to the white can. forget about the price of gas, this shit is expesive. its almost three bucks a can! we need an investigation into "big rockstar"

Deputy Nutz
04-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Ran out to the gas station before anyone woke up this morning and bought a big ass 24oz can with screw off cap. I started slamming before I got to the car. Finished it before I got home. Nobody new nothing.

Little Whiskey
04-05-2008, 11:53 AM
i've had the screw cap befor....aaaaahhhhhh. that was a great day. my wife doesn't appreciate my additcion either. I try to dispose of all evidence before she rides in my car. ever notice how it turns your piss a crazy neon yellow?

next time your mixing drinks, try that with a little Captian Morgan.....rockstar, not your piss.

Deputy Nutz
04-05-2008, 11:56 AM
i've had the screw cap befor....aaaaahhhhhh. that was a great day. my wife doesn't appreciate my additcion either. I try to dispose of all evidence before she rides in my car. ever notice how it turns your piss a crazy neon yellow?

next time your mixing drinks, try that with a little Captian Morgan.....rockstar, not your piss.

I love the green pee, makes my day. Vodka and Rockstar all the way, but I will try the Captain.

SkinBasket
04-05-2008, 12:02 PM
I love the green pee, makes my day. Vodka and Rockstar all the way, but I will try the Captain.

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/gayest-motu/fisto.jpg
Fisto says, "Don't forget the lime... you queers."

3irty1
04-05-2008, 12:47 PM
man you should try that 5 hour energy stuff.