PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL THREAD about "NOTHING"

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

retailguy
08-15-2009, 11:08 AM
stream pandora radio to your car. not hard if you have a blackberry/pda and a data plan.

That's really not a bad idea.

I did this about a year ago. It cost $2 on ebay for the adapter to my blackjack II, to a 3.5mm plug, and I had already installed an adapter to my stereo for my mp3 player.

simple, depending on the radio.

GrnBay007
08-15-2009, 04:20 PM
My son started fall baseball today. Doubleheaders every Sat until sometime in Oct. It sure didn't feel like fall today....6 hrs sitting in the hot sun!! 8-)

Partial
08-15-2009, 05:09 PM
I want to squat barefoot but I don't want to deal with teh looks. decisions... decisions...

Scott Campbell
08-15-2009, 06:10 PM
stream pandora radio to your car. not hard if you have a blackberry/pda and a data plan.

I did this about a year ago. It cost $2 on ebay for the adapter to my blackjack II, to a 3.5mm plug, and I had already installed an adapter to my stereo for my mp3 player.

That's seriously brilliant.

retailguy
08-15-2009, 08:24 PM

That's seriously brilliant.

aw shucks... :oops: Thanks. :P (Not bad for a guy that didn't get it off slickdeals.net.) :wink:

Bretsky
08-15-2009, 11:17 PM
I like Satellite Radio

I am addicted to channel 99 and 124

99 is the playboy network
124 is the NFL network

SkinBasket
08-16-2009, 09:15 AM
I like Satellite Radio

124 is the NFL network

Ellis on Faction is my guilty pleasure. Have to make sure the kids aren't around.

ThunderDan
08-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Had one of the best days of my life on Saturday.

My wife and I were staying at the American Club (Carriage House) in Kohler to celebrate a big birthday for me.

I played Whistling Straights in the morning and then headed up to GB for the Packer game.

What a fantastic day!!! :!: 8-)

Brando19
08-16-2009, 10:30 PM
I like Satellite Radio

124 is the NFL network

I like 124 and 100 *Howard Stern.

The playboy network gets way too cheesy at times.

Bretsky
08-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Stern just isn't the same for me when I can't watch it

Partial
08-18-2009, 02:08 PM
I left a job I love today for a giant unknown. I'm taking a chance at a much smaller company for 35% more money and a chance to be the man. I'm scared and excited all at once. If it works out I will launch my career to new heights much faster. If it doesn't, well, we'll see. I'll have a chance at the spotlight at this new place, something I wouldn't get at this much larger company.

MichiganPackerFan
08-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Congrads! Brave thing to do in this economy. Hope you love it. Recently did similar. Except the leaving was the Michigan economy's choice. MY choice was the smaller business that I ended up with over the sure thing large company similar to where I had been.

Bretsky
08-18-2009, 10:46 PM
Two huge deals came through with approvals this month; made a sub par month into a great one.

And now I get to watch Favre again this year, albeit for a team I don't normally cheer for.

A good day

MichiganPackerFan
08-19-2009, 07:44 AM
Two huge deals came through with approvals this month; made a sub par month into a great one.

And now I get to watch Favre again this year, albeit for a team I don't normally cheer for.

A good day

Was thinking about running a poll on this (and NO offense or agression intended) but do you consider yourself to be a stronger Packers fan or a stronger Favre fan?

Bretsky
08-19-2009, 07:58 AM

A good day

Was thinking about running a poll on this (and NO offense or agression intended) but do you consider yourself to be a stronger Packers fan or a stronger Favre fan?

Hands down I'm a stronger Packer fan; I'll cheer for the Packers and against Favre when they play each other.

Brando19
08-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Just got drug to the movies by the wife to see The Time Traveller's Wife. Actually, it wasn't a bad movie. Kinda interesting. Took a messed up mind to come up with a plot like that.

MichiganPackerFan
08-22-2009, 01:21 PM

A good day

Hands down I'm a stronger Packer fan; I'll cheer for the Packers and against Favre when they play each other.

8-)

Bretsky
08-24-2009, 09:48 PM
two of the nice college gals at work are going to sit for my kids
hard to find sitters when you have three
I'm stoked for more options

GrnBay007
08-24-2009, 09:50 PM
two of the nice college gals at work are going to sit for my kids
hard to find sitters when you have three
I'm stoked for more options

Please don't start off by asking them if they like gal on gal action! :?

Bretsky
08-24-2009, 09:57 PM
come on.............you know me

lol

I've already asked them :!: :!:

GrnBay007
08-24-2009, 10:08 PM
LOL! silly me!

GrnBay007
08-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Has anyone been following the Little League World Series? I love watching them play! The Iowa team that beat out our boys just got beat tonight....one game away from the semi-final.

Bretsky
08-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Has anyone been following the Little League World Series? I love watching them play! The Iowa team that beat out our boys just got beat tonight....one game away from the semi-final.

how bad did the team from Iowa beat your boyz ? I enjoy watching the LL world series but time has not allowed me to so far

SkinBasket
08-25-2009, 08:13 PM
This is the longest I've been sober in years. It really isn't as much fun as it's cracked up to be.

Freak Out
08-25-2009, 09:11 PM
This is the longest I've been sober in years. It really isn't as much fun as it's cracked up to be.

Why did you stop? The surgery?

Scott Campbell
08-25-2009, 09:20 PM

The intervention sort of killed the mood.

MJZiggy
08-25-2009, 09:23 PM
I passed my grad school "weed out" class. And I get to skip the fall semester. Woo Hoo!!!

GrnBay007
08-25-2009, 09:26 PM

No good pain killers? :D

GrnBay007
08-25-2009, 11:10 PM
how bad did the team from Iowa beat your boyz ? I enjoy watching the LL world series but time has not allowed me to so far

ugh, I made a mistake. The team from Urbandale, IA that got beat one game from the semi final was one bracket younger than ours.

Kinda cool. A bunch of the LL coaches got together and put a team together that they are projecting will get picked for all stars next season and have them playing fall baseball and also plan to have them practice together during the winter in a gym. And then as soon as the weather breaks they will start practicing outside....in hopes they can go further next year. I think those teams that go further in the LL world series practice almost year round. There are a couple really good coaches so it's pretty exciting. With football practice starting it gets a lil crazy...2-3 days a week it's football practice 2:30-4:30 and then baseball 6:00-8:00....and double headers on Sat. At least I won't have to be hollering for him to get to bed at night....lol

Bretsky
08-25-2009, 11:29 PM
girls make mistakes ?

and then they admit if after they do

007............U definitiely have to be a unique one

...............U like other girls :!: :lol:

GrnBay007
08-25-2009, 11:38 PM
girls make mistakes ?

and then they admit if after they do

007............U definitiely have to be a unique one

...............U like other girls :!: :lol:

B--> :butt:<--007

:twisted:

SkinBasket
08-26-2009, 08:06 AM

Yeah. I'm hoping to get back on the horse Thursday or Friday night. I was considering some nice red wine yesterday until my uvula started shooting blood out of my mouth when the stitches broke. I can't breathe through my nose yet, so I had to leave my mouth open, which means I couldn't use the back of my tongue to put any pressure on it.

Anyway, I am never buying an American made appliance again. I don't care how much more the foreign stuff costs. Fucking domestic garbage. And I'm not paying anymore motherfucking union slobs to fix this shit either. If a drunk monkey driving a sears truck can figure it out, I'm sure it won't be a problem.

Freak Out
08-26-2009, 11:20 AM

Yeah. I'm hoping to get back on the horse Thursday or Friday night. I was considering some nice red wine yesterday until my uvula started shooting blood out of my mouth when the stitches broke. I can't breathe through my nose yet, so I had to leave my mouth open, which means I couldn't use the back of my tongue to put any pressure on it.

Anyway, I am never buying an American made appliance again. I don't care how much more the foreign stuff costs. Fucking domestic garbage. And I'm not paying anymore motherfucking union slobs to fix this shit either. If a drunk monkey driving a sears truck can figure it out, I'm sure it won't be a problem.

Glad to hear you're healing up and will soon be back amongst the debauchery in the world.

retailguy
08-26-2009, 11:32 AM

Just think, if you had "Government Health care" you wouldn't have to worry about this for at least the next 18 months. :wink:

MichiganPackerFan
08-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Ok, so i've been back on this board for a month or two now. Still trying to figure out what happened to some of the old JSO posters. Where's Tank, Tex, BF4? And even worse, who have I forgotten?

Little Whiskey
08-26-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm in milwaukee for a vendor seminar this week. They take us to the ballgame last night and put out a nice tailgate spread and bought us quite a few beers at the game. the guys that i rode with are not brewers fans so they make us leave at the 7th inning!! really pissed me off as i was listening to them come back in the hotel bar. also pissed me off that the bar did not have the MLB package or FSN milwaukee.

SkinBasket
08-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Ok, so i've been back on this board for a month or two now. Still trying to figure out what happened to some of the old JSO posters. Where's Tank, Tex, BF4? And even worse, who have I forgotten?

Tank had the honor of being the only person banned. Until people started getting "deactivated" anyway. The excuse was that he had created multiple accounts, but mainly it was because no one liked him.

Tex retired a few months ago. I think he said something about how he was burned out on all politics and wanted to do something more productive than argue with Tyrone all day. He didn't say he wouldn't come back, but he hasn't yet.

I don't remember the other one.

There was someone from Europe who went off the deep end a while back and seemed very angry about everything, then was even angrier that no one cared he was leaving. He was begging Madtown to delete his profile so he couldn't come back or something crazy. I think he came back though.

I miss that one guy who was drunk all the time and getting a divorce and posting all kinds of crazy shit. Then he would come on the next morning and apologize and act very nice, then he would get drunk again and go all crazy again.

MichiganPackerFan
08-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Skin, were you on the old JSO towards the end?

Scott Campbell
08-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Tank had the honor of being the only person banned. Until people started getting "deactivated" anyway. The excuse was that he had created multiple accounts, but mainly it was because no one liked him.

Mad posted a Tank - thumbs up or thumbs down poll. Tank got a surprising amount of support - but not enough to save himself. Though one wonders how many voters were his phony user ID's. He claims that he still comes in here whenever he likes.

There was another guy that got banned. I forgot his name, but he thought he was posting personal information about where I worked. In reality he posted information about the origin of an image I googled. What a dumbass. His name might have been "Test", or something like that.

Ahhhhhh.......here's a blast from the past:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=66703&highlight=#66703

Scott Campbell
08-26-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm in milwaukee for a vendor seminar this week. They take us to the ballgame last night and put out a nice tailgate spread and bought us quite a few beers at the game. the guys that i rode with are not brewers fans so they make us leave at the 7th inning!!

Let's see if I understand this correctly. They invite you to the game, but then make you leave early? And they do this to promote customer loyalty?

WTF?

SkinBasket
08-26-2009, 04:30 PM

I was. Mike Davis and I enjoyed many a discussion cc'ed to the JSO board about how their readership were being treated on their own site when the crazy shit was going on. In the end it was a lot like when Madtown ran off. A lot of bannings, accusations, foul language, placating and impotence.

Scott Campbell
08-26-2009, 04:31 PM

I was. Mike Davis and I enjoyed many a discussion cc'ed to the JSO board about how their readership were being treated on their own site when the crazy shit was going on. In the end it was a lot like when Madtown ran off. A lot of bannings, accusations, foul language, placating and impotence.

You had a MJ avatar over there - right?

SkinBasket
08-26-2009, 04:34 PM

You had a MJ avatar over there - right?

Among others, yes. I liked this old man from a painting I could change with my user name to fit my expression. SkinBasket's Outraged Benevolence was always a hoot.

That was kind of fun that you could change your user name willy nilly there, so you had to look at the joined date or the user's past posts to figure out who they were.

Freak Out
08-26-2009, 04:52 PM

Mad posted a Tank - thumbs up or thumbs down poll. Tank got a surprising amount of support - but not enough to save himself. Though one wonders how many voters were his phony user ID's. He claims that he still comes in here whenever he likes.

There was another guy that got banned. I forgot his name, but he thought he was posting personal information about where I worked. In reality he posted information about the origin of an image I googled. What a dumbass. His name might have been "Test", or something like that.

Damn.

SkinBasket
08-26-2009, 04:55 PM
There was someone from Europe who went off the deep end a while back and seemed very angry about everything, then was even angrier that no one cared he was leaving. He was begging Madtown to delete his profile so he couldn't come back or something crazy. I think he came back though.

I knew it wouldn't take much to find it. I won't say who it was in case they ever come back.:

Get away from your PC and get help and take a bunch of your onliners with you.

I've had it with this place & I am glad I never gave you plus others a chance in real life.

No threat! I'm 100% done with Nutty rats.

no it's not a football forum; my life is too valuable to spend time with machiavellian people.

I'll be at packerchatters; I already am.

I am sorry for the outburst but this forum is bonkers; I'd like to be 'set free' and not be associated with being a PR. I don't feel like PR is for me no more!

I love the town of Green Bay, Packers & will return for more games but I will not be part of PRs.

Just do it mods & peace to the rest of ya.

Is my profile being erased or what? What the fvck does it take? Just do it and continue your grotesque online lives.

I didn't curse; called some people nuts and I believe my gut feeling. Oh, you couldn't afford a ticket to Europe anyway. Just trying to move on and out of PR - if being rude is what it takes...so be it.

Goodnight and hopefully goodbye. ERASE MY PROFILE, MAD!

Freak Out
08-26-2009, 05:03 PM

I knew it wouldn't take much to find it. I won't say who it was in case they ever come back.:

I've had it with this place & I am glad I never gave you plus others a chance in real life.

no it's not a football forum; my life is too valuable to spend time with machiavellian people.

I am sorry for the outburst but this forum is bonkers; I'd like to be 'set free' and not be associated with being a PR. I don't feel like PR is for me no more!

I love the town of Green Bay, Packers & will return for more games but I will not be part of PRs.

Is my profile being erased or what? What the fvck does it take? Just do it and continue your grotesque online lives.

I didn't curse; called some people nuts and I believe my gut feeling. Oh, you couldn't afford a ticket to Europe anyway. Just trying to move on and out of PR - if being rude is what it takes...so be it.

They are back......and you have probably hurt their feelings you big meanie.

HowardRoark
08-26-2009, 05:30 PM

I noticed he came back too. I think the Favre thing pulled him out of the woodwork....I think he used to have a soda can avatar.

Very calm and well thought out posts though these days.

mraynrand
08-26-2009, 06:14 PM
I miss that T.I.D. guy and his various and several three page "I'm retiring from the forum" diatribes. They were extremely emotional and indignant. Oh, the HUMANITY!

I also miss Dr. John Holmes, MD Ph.D. Tank had some funny shit when he wasn't being obnoxious.

MichiganPackerFan
08-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Mad posted a Tank - thumbs up or thumbs down poll.
Was Tank the one who couldn’t stop posting about Coldplay?
Who coined the “Polar Bear” term way back? Fritz or Tank?

That’s about when I left. Showed up here for a couple minutes and then life got WAY too busy. I do remember the MJ logo though.

I miss that T.I.D. guy and his various and several three page "I'm retiring from the forum" diatribes. They were extremely emotional and indignant. Oh, the HUMANITY!
Yeah, the drama about leaving the forum got old, however TID’s football posts and conversation were a lot of fun. Remind me, what did “T.I.D.” stand for again?

SkinBasket
08-26-2009, 08:49 PM

No shit?!

I thought it was tophat before. I guess he was just a thief. Then when I searched, I didn't think he was back. The exchange above though was priceless and really illustrates what a unique community we have. When a guy can say such weird shit, then come back, you know we must all be pretty awesome. Even the lame posters.

SkinBasket
08-26-2009, 08:58 PM

Glad to hear you're healing up and will soon be back amongst the debauchery in the world.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaee
eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwww!!!!!

Red wine taste terrible without the sense of smell. Rubbing alcohol and cherry cough syrup. Ate me some McDonalds. I lost 10 pounds not being able to eat proper. I was going to use that as a springboard to get back to 180. Fuck that. 200 here I come motherfucker!

Little Whiskey
08-26-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm in milwaukee for a vendor seminar this week. They take us to the ballgame last night and put out a nice tailgate spread and bought us quite a few beers at the game. the guys that i rode with are not brewers fans so they make us leave at the 7th inning!!

Let's see if I understand this correctly. They invite you to the game, but then make you leave early? And they do this to promote customer loyalty?

WTF?

A cardinals fan and a cubs fan. however, they were forced to buy plenty of drinks at the bar afterword as penance.

Bretsky
08-26-2009, 11:59 PM
As I sit above the Holy Grail where hot girls were hot tubbing together, I wish I could watch gals loving gals through the sliding glass doors in my backyard

Partial
08-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Looking up internet pron? Or did that just go right over my head?

Bretsky
08-27-2009, 12:11 AM

Went over your head and your memory would have to go back to JS

I'm in our home office right now........however........this was an open room with a hot tub built into it. A gal who loved other gals lived here years ago and would have hot tub parties with other gals.....we moved here and had kids so we removed the hot tub and put a floor over it....thus..........when I'm at my PC I sit right above the middle of the former hot tub....on sacred ground....thus the spot is named the Holy Grail.

Partial
08-27-2009, 12:13 AM

Went over your head and your memory would have to go back to JS

I'm in our home office right now........however........this was an open room with a hot tub built into it. A gal who loved other gals lived here years ago and would have hot tub parties with other gals.....we moved here and had kids so we removed the hot tub and put a floor over it....thus..........when I'm at my PC I sit right above the middle of the former hot tub....on sacred ground....thus the spot is named the Holy Grail.

That is magnificent! :lol:

Freak Out
08-27-2009, 01:16 AM
What happened to the grailism thread?

MichiganPackerFan
08-27-2009, 09:27 AM

Thanks for the link. That was an entertaining read. I like all the humor and packers talk, but every once in a great while the drama is fun to read too, especially when you're not involved!

Scott Campbell
08-27-2009, 10:53 AM

Thanks for the link. That was an entertaining read. I like all the humor and packers talk, but every once in a great while the drama is fun to read too, especially when you're not involved!

I think his name was Matt-NC over at JSO.

MichiganPackerFan
08-27-2009, 04:29 PM
I have noticed there's a direct correlation between how much I post on PR to how much I hate my job on any given day. Couple more days like this, and I'll be hitting the 1,000 mark.

SkinBasket
08-27-2009, 04:41 PM
I have noticed there's a direct correlation between how much I post on PR to how much I hate my job on any given day. Couple more days like this, and I'll be hitting the 1,000 mark.

That's what we're here for. It's like going to the bar in the middle of the day.

MichiganPackerFan
08-27-2009, 04:49 PM

That's what we're here for. It's like going to the bar in the middle of the day.

A little piece of heaven. (as a single tear finds it path down my cheek) :cry:

Scott Campbell
08-27-2009, 05:01 PM

Somebody take my keys.

MJZiggy
08-27-2009, 09:42 PM

Now you understand why there are so many happy hours in DC...

Partial
08-28-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm having a very difficult time dealing with the fact today is my last day at a job I truly love. Never thought I'd be that into a project and team.

Scott Campbell
08-28-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm having a very difficult time dealing with the fact today is my last day at a job I truly love. Never thought I'd be that into a project and team.

Did they ban you too?

retailguy
08-28-2009, 05:50 PM

Did they ban you too?

They have trouble communicating with his mac. :wink:

Partial
08-29-2009, 01:00 AM

Did they ban you too?

Nope, left for a new job. Got offered 72k elsewhere and that is too freaking much money to pass up. Will hopefully be able to go back to old job if new job does not work out, as I love the old job.

RG, we all use Macs :P

Bretsky
08-29-2009, 08:15 AM
went out to the bars with a couple old chick friends and watched the game last night while wife stayed home with the kids. Wonder if I can work that gig out more often ?

Scott Campbell
08-29-2009, 09:21 AM

Did they ban you too?

Nope, left for a new job. Got offered 72k elsewhere and that is too freaking much money to pass up. Will hopefully be able to go back to old job if new job does not work out, as I love the old job.

RG, we all use Macs :P

I know - was just busting your chops. Congrats on the new gig.

Little Whiskey
08-31-2009, 08:34 PM
went out to the bars with a couple old chick friends and watched the game last night while wife stayed home with the kids. Wonder if I can work that gig out more often ?

not a bad deal. just be careful how many times you play that card

Little Whiskey
08-31-2009, 08:35 PM
just picked up my new car. another impala. this will be my 3rd in three years.

MJZiggy
08-31-2009, 09:03 PM

Don't encourage him. His wife is a saint.

Bretsky
08-31-2009, 09:16 PM

Don't encourage him. His wife is a saint.

You've never met my wife though ?

She's just overwhelmed with charm being around me very day :!:

Bretsky
08-31-2009, 09:40 PM
will somebody take my wife for the weekend ?

I want to rent a dumpster and throw away an entire room in our basement.

Then I can move some stuff there that we actually use and the house can get in order.

Perhaps Scott Campbell could volunteer ? He already has 7 wives so one more gal around would not hurt :lol:

HowardRoark
08-31-2009, 09:46 PM

Then I can move some stuff there that we actually use and the house can get in order.

QFT x 1000

I can only get away with small amounts when she is gone (she would notice bigger chunks of junk missing....although I never tested this theory). I did talk her into a dumpster last year, but she had to be around. Still filled it.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2009, 09:59 PM

Perhaps Scott Campbell could volunteer ? He already has 7 wives so one more gal around would not hurt :lol:

I get $5 an hour for wife sitting. Thing is, once she gets a taste of living the life, she might decide to play for team Campbell.

Bretsky
08-31-2009, 10:02 PM
I need two days
the first day the dumpster gets filled and then I jump on the junk and stuff it down
Then I fill it again and they haul it away :!:

Scott Campbell
08-31-2009, 10:26 PM
You guys need a dumpster for your wives junk? That sounds expensive.

GrnBay007
08-31-2009, 11:05 PM

QFT x 1000

I can only get away with small amounts when she is gone (she would notice bigger chunks of junk missing....although I never tested this theory). I did talk her into a dumpster last year, but she had to be around. Still filled it.

Funny! Reminds me of my neighbors. They are retired and he is always trying to sneak stuff out of the house for garbage day. Problem is he takes it out too early so she has time to look things over. He's always commenting about it.

Bretsky
08-31-2009, 11:25 PM
You guys need a dumpster for your wives junk? That sounds expensive.

I might need two dumpsters for my wife's junk

Deputy Nutz
09-01-2009, 12:12 AM
New show on A&E, Horders. About people that pack their homes full of useless shit because they are fucking insane.

Partial
09-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Still having a very tough time adjusting to life without some of my best friends by my side all day. I really miss my old job, this new one is not nearly as social, has way less freedom (less agile), and overall isn't with as cool of people or in as cool of a location. That said, I'm hoping it gets better because the money is just too good to pass up :(

Brando19
09-01-2009, 07:16 PM
New show on A&E, Horders. About people that pack their homes full of useless shit because they are fucking insane.

Seen it. Absolutely stupid people. One guy couldn't get to his back door so he had to crawl out the freaking window. He said he'd been doing it for over a year! The shit was piled to the ceiling!

Bretsky
09-01-2009, 09:30 PM
I came home to very loud kids today and a very ornry wife
I went upstairs and brought my softball clothes down and as I'm changing...........I can see my wife is angrier as she remembered she gave me clearance to play co-ed softball on Tuesdays.

As I ponder all of this I recall the apathy of all of this when we had one kid
And then I'm kind of needed with two
And now I'm a necessity with two girls and the terror

Well, at least it's good to feel wanted

HowardRoark
09-01-2009, 09:38 PM
I picked up my 1st grader today from school and he told me that he couldn't get a song out his head all day....he started humming a Wilco song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJbLvQkCwRc&feature=related

I am trying to figure out if I should be proud, or if I should be revisiting my parenting methods.

Bretsky
09-01-2009, 09:50 PM
this morning the overconfident clever 5 year old girl declared the little man just crapped in his pants and asked me if I could change it

I look seriously at her and said, little girls don't say the word Crap

She looked seriously back and said, "well, you and mom do" !

GrnBay007
09-01-2009, 09:58 PM
this morning the overconfident clever 5 year old girl declared the little man just crapped in his pants and asked me if I could change it

I look seriously at her and said, little girls don't say the word Crap

She looked seriously back and said, "well, you and mom do" !

...well at least she didn't say, "ok fine, he just shit his pants". :D

Tyrone Bigguns
09-01-2009, 10:37 PM
[quote="HowardRoark"]I picked up my 1st grader today from school and he told me that he couldn't get a song out his head all day....he started humming a Wilco song.

I am trying to figure out if I should be proud, or if I should be revisiting my parenting methods.[/quote

Probably gonna be a liberal as well. You are fucked.

HowardRoark
09-01-2009, 10:48 PM
[quote=HowardRoark]I picked up my 1st grader today from school and he told me that he couldn't get a song out his head all day....he started humming a Wilco song.

I am trying to figure out if I should be proud, or if I should be revisiting my parenting methods.[/quote

Probably gonna be a liberal as well. You are fucked.

Hello, Hello Ty. I hope you had a wonderful day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izUcir-lUXw

Bretsky
09-01-2009, 10:49 PM
I misplaced my wallet; anybody have any ideas where it is :?:

NFL network is loving on the Packers a lot lately

Partial
09-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Have you been to home depot recently :D

mraynrand
09-02-2009, 04:21 AM
Have you been to home depot recently :D

SWEET!

Bretsky
09-02-2009, 07:27 AM
I found my wallet; it was jammed into the spot we keep change. I blame the kids. Brady is taking the balls from the ball pit and throwing left handed fast balls all around the house. Mom will be unhappy; dad is happy Brady is working on his throwing arm at 18 months

mraynrand
09-02-2009, 10:35 AM
The second bowl of Cap'n Crunch doesn't taste as good as the first, but it still tastes pretty good.

Freak Out
09-02-2009, 11:28 AM
I found my wallet; it was jammed into the spot we keep change. I blame the kids. Brady is taking the balls from the ball pit and throwing left handed fast balls all around the house. Mom will be unhappy; dad is happy Brady is working on his throwing arm at 18 months

You have a lefty pitcher in the house? Sweet! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bretsky
09-02-2009, 06:35 PM

My wife thinks I'm insane; but he's a lefty.

From the time he could sit up I rolled the balls to his left hand side
and encouraged him to throw anything and everything with his left hand

He's thrown stuff over our second floor balcony level to the first floor almost injuring others

He's thrown remotes and plunked the girls with them

He's thrown rocks at places

But as long as he throws lefty it's all good

Got a little cannon too :!:

ThunderDan
09-02-2009, 08:43 PM

He's thrown stuff over our second floor balcony level to the first floor almost injuring others

Did the same thing with my son, except at two he swirched to righty. :cry:

Bretsky
09-02-2009, 08:44 PM

He's about 20 months so I'll keep that lefty throwing then :lol:

Bretsky
09-02-2009, 08:48 PM
My wife is not entertained by my quick wittty sense of humor tonight

I am helping the 3rd grader study her states; I commented that mom's not that smart.

Mom proceeded to come over and identify states I didn't think she'd know.
Mom Celebrated in front of me

I said "BARRY SANDERS"

Mom was not happy. "Barry Sanders" means act like you've been there. Those of are often right will not celebrate because they are use to being there. Those who have to celebrate about being right or letting everybody know they are are not use to being correct often.

To top it off, da spouse noted she just wanted to point out that she is smarter than "dad thinks I am"

I noted......Gosh I hope so............ :lol:

Spouse was not amused; such is life

Scott Campbell
09-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Did you remind her how lucky she is to be married to you? That always goes over well.

Kiwon
09-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Ever notice that "loose stools" and "lost tools" almost rhyme?

Bretsky
09-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Did you remind her how lucky she is to be married to you? That always goes over well.

Kills her when I remind her she married me for my charm

She thinks I married her for her boobs

Is she right ?

retailguy
09-02-2009, 09:11 PM
yes

Partial
09-02-2009, 09:53 PM
ahhhh boobies. I love 'em. So shapely and wonderful. I think this thread finally has a topic.

Bretsky
09-02-2009, 10:02 PM
It's why guys are so ugly and girls are so hot

Curves to the finest :!:

GrnBay007
09-02-2009, 11:04 PM

That's funny. My Dad was old school. Thought the whole left handed thing was "odd". When my daughter was little and started using her left hand for everything he said, "you know you can correct that if you keep working at it". Told him there was no way I was going to try to change it.....everyone I went to school with that was left handed was extremely intelligent. Happy to say my lil angel has been in honors classes and is now in AP classes in HS. :D

Deputy Nutz
09-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Being a natural lefty I know I am cooler than the rest.

Anyways, I decided that my son is going to work on his dominant hand and become good to outstanding with that hand. He didn't take to batting left handed. That was my big push, but he couldn't hit shit.

Little Whiskey
09-03-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm also a Lefty. however, when i was kid I always played with right handed kids and used there gloves. now I throw and bat right handed. however, i write and eat with my left hand. My problem come with it comes to hunting. I am left eye dominate but cannot shoot my bow or gun lefty. I have to close my left eye to shoot. otherwise my pins wonder. pain in the ass

ThunderDan
09-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Being a natural lefty I know I am cooler than the rest.

Anyways, I decided that my son is going to work on his dominant hand and become good to outstanding with that hand. He didn't take to batting left handed. That was my big push, but he couldn't hit shit.

I am left handed also. I did everything left handed.

When I was 5 my grandfather cut down a couple of his old golf clubs to teach me how to play. He was a righty so I learned how to golf right handed. After about 2 years of golf I was able to bat both legt and right handed; after 4 I could only bat from the right side.

ThunderDan
09-03-2009, 03:11 PM
That's funny. My Dad was old school. Thought the whole left handed thing was "odd". When my daughter was little and started using her left hand for everything he said, "you know you can correct that if you keep working at it". Told him there was no way I was going to try to change it.....everyone I went to school with that was left handed was extremely intelligent. Happy to say my lil angel has been in honors classes and is now in AP classes in HS. :D

My best friend in high school was from Nicaragua. It is considered bad luck and a sign of the "devil" to be left handed down there. His mother took a belt and belted his left arm to his waist so he would use his right hand. It worked and now Rico is a righty.

SkinBasket
09-03-2009, 03:52 PM
My best friend in high school was from Nicaragua. It is considered bad luck and a sign of the "devil" to be left handed down there. His mother took a belt and belted his left arm to his waist so he would use his right hand. It worked and now Rico is a righty.

My best friend in high school's mom was from Columbia. She just expected me to mow their lawn when I visited.

mraynrand
09-03-2009, 04:14 PM
His mother took a belt and belted his left arm to his waist so he would use his right hand. It worked and now Rico is a righty.

Uncle Rico!

http://www2.nwanews.com/blogs/slophouse/files/2009/08/uncle-rico.jpg

Bretsky
09-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Just spent 30 minutes looking all over the yard for our nice digital camera.....which my beloved spouse had lost after the 5 year olds B'day party.

I commented that she must have put it somewhere very stupid
She looked at a tree and it registered

She put it in between a tree and the branch in between doing a few things

She will not be mistaken for Albert Einstein

Tyrone Bigguns
09-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Just spent 30 minutes looking all over the yard for our nice digital camera.....which my beloved spouse had lost after the 5 year olds B'day party.

Obviously, she married you.

Bretsky
09-03-2009, 10:18 PM

kudos for the good roast :!:

She married me for my charm and ability to tell her she does stupid things at the right time

Tyrone Bigguns
09-03-2009, 10:24 PM

She married me for my charm and ability to tell her she does stupid things at the right time

She does smart things at the wrong time?

Little Whiskey
09-04-2009, 06:39 AM
I was mowing the lawn last night and at about 10pm I found the mole trap I set ealier. or should i say the mower found it.

Scott Campbell
09-04-2009, 08:47 AM
I was mowing the lawn last night and at about 10pm I found the mole trap I set ealier. or should i say the mower found it.

What's the damage?

Little Whiskey
09-04-2009, 02:51 PM

What's the damage?

Mole trap is destroyed.

I've not had a chance to investigate the tractor yet.

mraynrand
09-04-2009, 03:11 PM

What's the damage?

Mole trap is destroyed.

I was imagining shredded moles propelled across the lawn.

CaptainKickass
09-04-2009, 03:27 PM

Seriously - I dunno whats up with all you PackerRats and your love of these damn things:

http://www.rockofagescandy.com/HTFCandyBars/Products/Kudos.gif

MJZiggy
09-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Those are yummy.

HowardRoark
09-04-2009, 10:18 PM

Seriously - I dunno whats up with all you PackerRats and your love of these damn things:

http://www.rockofagescandy.com/HTFCandyBars/Products/Kudos.gif

I love a good roast.

http://mymouthful.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/fully-cooked-pot-roast.jpg

Bretsky
09-05-2009, 09:17 AM
going to New York to visit college friends and attend an expensive FFL auction at 4:00 PM today. Look forward to it but kind of sad to leave the kids for a few days.

I've enjoyed the girls, but the 18 month boy has really added a completely new dimension of joy to my life. We debated on #3 and thankfully decided to go for it and had the machine (his nickname). Wonder if all boys are this way; this little one is endless energy, trouble, and as all he loves in the world and people and balls.

HowardRoark
09-05-2009, 09:36 AM
and as all he loves in the world and people and balls.

They grow out of that by 3 or 4.

MJZiggy
09-05-2009, 09:40 AM
My kid never had the fascination with balls. He used to stop on the soccer field in the middle of a game when an airplane flew overhead...it was his first word.

Little Whiskey
09-05-2009, 08:31 PM

What's the damage?

Mole trap is destroyed.

walked out to the garage. trany fluid all over the ground. not good. don't really think the mole trap caused the issue, but maybe the last straw.

SkinBasket
09-06-2009, 09:07 AM
That whole mowing the lawn thing is a lot easier when there's sunlight. The only excuse for mowing your lawn at night is extreme drunkenness.

GrnBay007
09-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Absolutely gorgeous day here - sunny and 80. Got some paperwork to wrap up at work and looking for an excuse not to go do it. :D

MJZiggy
09-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Take it outside with you. (this is why laptops are portable...)

Little Whiskey
09-06-2009, 03:17 PM
That whole mowing the lawn thing is a lot easier when there's sunlight. The only excuse for mowing your lawn at night is extreme drunkenness.

I'm cutting about 15 acres. otherwise I'd agree.

MJZiggy
09-06-2009, 06:17 PM
I wish my kid were a better planner. 7:15 and he asks to sleep over at a friends. If I had known, I'd have made plans...

HowardRoark
09-06-2009, 09:04 PM
I wish my kid were a better planner. 7:15 and he asks to sleep over at a friends. If I had known, I'd have made plans...

REM is on Austin City Limits....at least where I live. Not quite a sleepover of your own, but it might have to do.

Bretsky
09-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Just played Craps for the first time and won a Bennie at some casino in New York.

Interesting game.......but I think every table should have a red hot chick dice roller so at least if you lose the karma is better

Little Whiskey
09-07-2009, 04:25 AM

spur of the moment plan.

Partial
09-07-2009, 11:17 PM
I just made some stir-fry. It did not go well. I've never scerwed this up before, so it was something, thats for sure.

Partial
09-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Anybody see the show Glee? I like feel good shows, and this one had a pretty good pilot. The lady and I watched it together and both enjoyed it.

mraynrand
09-08-2009, 06:34 AM
The lady and I?

That sounds like the name of a musical or a bad sitcom - like "Chico and the Man."

SkinBasket
09-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Freebie and the Bean.

Excellent movie if you can find it.

Bretsky
09-08-2009, 01:12 PM
My neck and back are sore; miss sleeping in home bed. Wish I had two wives to come home to so I could get a dual massage

Little Whiskey
09-08-2009, 02:04 PM
My neck and back are sore; miss sleeping in home bed. Wish I had two wives to come home to so I could get a dual massage

maybe scott could rent one to you.

a sore back does not nessecitate a second wife. think of all the nagging and projects you'd have to endure from that second wife. Two "that time of the month's". not to mention the added expense due to double the shopping tirps. just because of a sore back. take an advil instead.

MJZiggy
09-08-2009, 05:29 PM
CALLING LITTLE WHISKEY: I have two young bucks hanging out in my back yard eating my tomatoes. They're all yours.

Freak Out
09-08-2009, 05:32 PM
CALLING LITTLE WHISKEY: I have two young bucks hanging out in my back yard eating my tomatoes. They're all yours.

If you shot them now you would get the best of both worlds.....fresh tomatoes and venison.

MJZiggy
09-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Instant stew. I don't have a gun.

Scott Campbell
09-08-2009, 05:39 PM

We're using a spray called something like "Deer Fence" this year. And by gosh it works.

Scott Campbell
09-08-2009, 05:41 PM

maybe scott could rent one to you.

a sore back does not nessecitate a second wife. think of all the nagging and projects you'd have to endure from that second wife. Two "that time of the month's". not to mention the added expense due to double the shopping tirps. just because of a sore back. take an advil instead.

Sadly you are onto the truth about multiple wives.

Freak Out
09-08-2009, 05:43 PM

We're using a spray called something like "Deer Fence" this year. And by gosh it works.

I bought a Swedish product once that was basically cows blood that you sprayed on the trees and used it one winter to help protect some stuff in the yard....the moose still ended up thrashing them when they got hungry enough. The best bet is always a fence of some type or a gun.

mraynrand
09-08-2009, 07:07 PM

Isn't that basically rotten eggs and garlic. I was going to use that, but it's putrid - can't have it anywhere close to the house.

SkinBasket
09-08-2009, 08:59 PM

Isn't that basically rotten eggs and garlic. I was going to use that, but it's putrid - can't have it anywhere close to the house.

Use a glove too. The human detectable smell on the plants will be gone the next day, but the smell on your hands will make it impossible to eat for hours.

MJZiggy
09-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Wouldn't it just be easier to invite Whiskey over?

HowardRoark
09-08-2009, 09:59 PM

Use a glove too. The human detectable smell on the plants will be gone the next day, but the smell on your hands will make it impossible to eat for hours.

I agree. The stuff works great. Horrible smell the first time you spray it, but you can't smell it a few hours later.

Little Whiskey
09-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Wouldn't it just be easier to invite Whiskey over?

I'll have to work you up a quote. parts, labor, travel expenses. oh ya and my per diem is pretty high. :) on second thought, I didn't win the doe tag lottery this year. may just stop over for a 6 pack!!

nothing better than fresh tomatoes and venision. not just any venison, young deer = veal!!

Freak Out
09-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Levitating mice....

http://www.livescience.com/animals/090909-mouse-levitation.html

Little Whiskey
09-10-2009, 11:08 PM

What's the damage?

Mole trap is destroyed.

walked out to the garage. trany fluid all over the ground. not good. don't really think the mole trap caused the issue, but maybe the last straw.

dug into the tractor tonight. not good at all. the transmition casting broke on the inside. and the backside casting at that. could have been just the cover, but no it was the main casting that broke. what a pain in the ass to tear it all apart to find that out. not sure how it could have been worse.

SnakeLH2006
09-11-2009, 02:40 AM
As long as this topic has the Seinfeld vibe....

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" is back for a new season on Sept. 20th (Sunday) so set your DVR's.....as it's all about Seinfeld (the TV show). For real it is....as Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer (he looks old and bald and racist as EVER) are back as the premise is Larry David is trying to re-up "Seinfeld", the show, for the CYE season.

Should be good stuff. I just hope his black buddy, Leon, is back "You gotta get in that ass Larry!" That dude (D.B. Smoove is his name) has Snake and his buddies up in stitches laughing. Crazy funny. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvt7LXLZs48

Scott Campbell
09-11-2009, 08:39 AM

What's the damage?

Mole trap is destroyed.

dug into the tractor tonight. not good at all. the transmition casting broke on the inside. and the backside casting at that. could have been just the cover, but no it was the main casting that broke. what a pain in the ass to tear it all apart to find that out. not sure how it could have been worse.

Sounds expensive. Bummer. How big a tractor?

mraynrand
09-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Lucky Charms are indeed delicious, but as far as I can detect, there is no magic involved.

Little Whiskey
09-11-2009, 10:09 AM

What's the damage?

Mole trap is destroyed.

the casting is $1500 and I get to spend a few nights re-assembling the entire transmission. oh ya and reassembling the entire tractor. Had to basically pull it in half to get to the housing. Good times!!

Its a John Deer 855 (cant get the image to work)

[/img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefNsZ6pK6moBJJSjzbkF/SIG=12m5is0c9/EXP=1252767980/**http%3A//www.farmequipmentunlimited.com/greenhillequipment/jd855.jpg[/img]

retailguy
09-11-2009, 12:30 PM
http://www.ag1.biz/greenhillequipment/jd855.jpg

Scott Campbell
09-11-2009, 02:08 PM

What's the damage?

Mole trap is destroyed.

the casting is $1500 and I get to spend a few nights re-assembling the entire transmission. oh ya and reassembling the entire tractor. Had to basically pull it in half to get to the housing. Good times!!

Its a John Deer 855 (cant get the image to work)

[/img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefNsZ6pK6moBJJSjzbkF/SIG=12m5is0c9/EXP=1252767980/**http%3A//www.farmequipmentunlimited.com/greenhillequipment/jd855.jpg[/img]

Holy crap - that's a diesel. That's some serious equipment.

Little Whiskey
09-11-2009, 03:41 PM
That is not what it look like now. the front is held up with hoist while the rearend is laid back on the ground. It also has turf tires not field tires. oh ya and the belly mower. it was the center PTO that took a shit.

Scott, I'm cutting 15 acres. think I've got a push mower? not to mention plowing the driveway and maintaining a small garden in the back.

RG, what the hell am i doing wrong that I cannot get the pictures to work?

retailguy
09-11-2009, 04:21 PM
That is not what it look like now. the front is held up with hoist while the rearend is laid back on the ground. It also has turf tires not field tires. oh ya and the belly mower. it was the center PTO that took a shit.

Scott, I'm cutting 15 acres. think I've got a push mower? not to mention plowing the driveway and maintaining a small garden in the back.

not sure. when I pasted your URL into my browser, I got a completely different URL. Maybe you were looking at a whole bunch of photos instead of just one? In any event the URL resolved itself differently for me.

Scott Campbell
09-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Scott, I'm cutting 15 acres. think I've got a push mower?

15 acres of grass? That's not a lawn - it's a golf course.

I love that kind of equipment. One day I'd like to own a skid steer just for pushing dirt around.

Scott Campbell
09-11-2009, 04:28 PM

How many PTO's are there on that thing? How many attachments do you have?

HowardRoark
09-11-2009, 04:28 PM

Are you Brent Favre?

ThunderDan
09-11-2009, 04:29 PM

I love that kind of equipment. One day I'd like to own a skid steer just for pushing dirt around.

You need at least 100 acres to get a reasonable golf course built.

Scott Campbell
09-11-2009, 04:33 PM

It was for dramatic effect - not accuracy. But thanks for the tip. Next time I'll substitute "driving range".

ThunderDan
09-11-2009, 04:41 PM

It was for dramatic effect - not accuracy. But thanks for the tip. Next time I'll substitute "driving range".

Just a heads-up for the future. I'm sure a nice par 3 will be fine on the back 15.

ThunderDan
09-11-2009, 04:43 PM

My sister has 5 acres outside of Madison. It is fun running the JD rider. It takes about an hour to make it look nice. I don't even want to think how long a push mower would take.

Little Whiskey
09-12-2009, 09:04 AM

How many PTO's are there on that thing? How many attachments do you have?

two. PTOs. the front pto it the one that took a dump.

I have the belly mower, a rear snowblower, a rear snow plow, cultivator, field rake, double bottom plow.

I'm looking for a ditch digger. I've got a creek that runs thru my yard that floods everytime we have a heavy dew. I dug it out with a friends about 5 years ago.

Little Whiskey
09-12-2009, 09:06 AM
I've got wireless internet, but every time my wife gets on the phone (cordless phone) the wireless stops working. how do i fix that?

MJZiggy
09-12-2009, 11:08 AM
How close is the phone base to the wireless unit? It could be as simple as moving the phone to another room.

Bretsky
09-12-2009, 11:23 AM
The Little man got stung above the eye at the sitters yesterday by a bee. Sucks

MJZiggy
09-12-2009, 11:36 AM
I've heard if you put a copper penny on it, that helps for some reason that I can't explain.

Bretsky
09-12-2009, 11:38 AM
I've heard if you put a copper penny on it, that helps for some reason that I can't explain.

we tried children't benedryl per the doc...small dose. He woke up today and his eye was swelled shut

MJZiggy
09-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Does children's benadryl have copper pennies in it?

Scott Campbell
09-12-2009, 11:44 AM

Did you try sting-eze?

Scott Campbell
09-12-2009, 11:44 AM

we tried children't benedryl per the doc...small dose. He woke up today and his eye was swelled shut

Oh crap.

Little Whiskey
09-12-2009, 12:43 PM

Oh crap.

Cut me mick!!

Just Kidding, man thats gotta hurt.

Little Whiskey
09-12-2009, 12:45 PM
How close is the phone base to the wireless unit? It could be as simple as moving the phone to another room.

at one time the router was on the opposite end of the house and it did it. now its downstairs and it still does it.

Little Whiskey
09-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Cut the grass with my little mower today. 3hrs in and only half done. damn i've got to find that part

MJZiggy
09-12-2009, 01:06 PM

at one time the router was on the opposite end of the house and it did it. now its downstairs and it still does it.

Then it's beyond my expertise. You're on your own, dude. (Maybe ask your wife not to use the phone...)

Tyrone Bigguns
09-12-2009, 01:45 PM

Then it's beyond my expertise. You're on your own, dude. (Maybe ask your wife not to use the phone...)

Routers and phones use the same frequencies.

1. Login to router and change the channel. You have logged into your router, right. You have changed the default password, right?

Prolly under settings. Play around with the channels to find which one doesn't effect the phone.

2. Swap the phone or router. Phones 2.4 or 5.8 gig......which one is yours? Switch to the other...or look for an older phone..900.

Little Whiskey
09-12-2009, 02:31 PM
(Maybe ask your wife not to use the phone...)

Zig, ya thats not going to happen!!

Thanks ty I'll check it out.

Partial
09-12-2009, 02:53 PM
I bought 3 pairs of shorts and 3 dress shirts today from Macy's. It was around 40 bucks after coupon. On the bottom of the receipts (I checked out twice to get to use the 10 off 25 coupon twice), it said how much I saved:

192 dollars. bam.

Bretsky
09-12-2009, 09:24 PM

Did you try sting-eze?

No; he actually didn't react too bad from the pain; he's a non feeling machine. But it sucked when he woke up today and looked like he lost an eye. Good news it about 1/4 of it is showing now. He'll be pissed, but I'm waking him up at about midnight to make him take another dose. Hopefully he has most of his eye back in the morning

Bretsky
09-12-2009, 09:25 PM

A husband would have a better chance to hold his wife down and cut her tongue off :lol:

GrnBay007
09-13-2009, 01:52 PM
This shows what our society has come to. A commercial by the NFL is encouraging kids to get one hour of physical activity per day.

Daily gym class at school should count as at least 1/2 hour of physical activity. So really they are encouraging kids to get off their butt for at least 1/2 hour per day after school. ....SAD! I'm so thankful I've never had to deal with the lazy kid syndrome. Some days I have to drag my kids in at dark even after a 2 hour practice. Funny though, they crash on the weekends. Now that fall baseball is over probably won't see them up b4 noon on Sat.

retailguy
09-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Whiskey - Switch channels on the phone or the router, or both. It's probably easier to switch channels on the phone.

retailguy
09-13-2009, 02:15 PM
This shows what our society has come to. A commercial by the NFL is encouraging kids to get one hour of physical activity per day.

Daily gym class at school should count as at least 1/2 hour of physical activity. So really they are encouraging kids to get off their butt for at least 1/2 hour per day after school. ....SAD! I'm so thankful I've never had to deal with the lazy kid syndrome. Some days I have to drag my kids in at dark even after a 2 hour practice. Funny though, they crash on the weekends. Now that fall baseball is over probably won't see them up b4 noon on Sat.

Maybe the NFL should give away free Wii's? Does anyone go outside anymore? :?: :wink:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Whiskey - Switch channels on the phone or the router, or both. It's probably easier to switch channels on the phone.

Isn't this where i repeat your pithy remark about when he learned that? Cept it wasn't a few hours, it was over 24. :lol:

Partial
09-16-2009, 10:04 PM
awkward hilariousness

http://www.collegehumor.com/article:1791517

Partial
09-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Always use the full windsor knot instead of the crappy way most people tie ties. It looks so much more professional.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Always use the full windsor knot instead of the crappy way most people tie ties. It looks so much more professional.

Wrong.

Partial
09-20-2009, 01:48 AM

Wrong.

?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 01:53 AM

Wrong.

?

The knot you use is dependent on the collar..the windsor is used most often at formal events...not professional events.

Most designs these days are for slimmer suits and skinnier ties. You'd look like a douchebag taking a skinny tie and tying a full windsor.

Most likely, you dont' even have the right tie for a full windsor..since miltown is pretty provincial and not big on dandyism.

SkinBasket
09-20-2009, 07:37 AM
I can't remember how to tie my ties, so I just leave them tied and pull them over my head.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 08:46 AM
I've become very adept at getting out of having to go to events that require ties.

Bretsky
09-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Attended a Wedding in ILL last night; awesome setup. It was at the Brookfield Zoo and I had ordeurves and drinks with the monkeys.

At the reception, being the sports looking guy I am...lol.....a Bear Fan tried to make friendly conversation. Figured it might be entertaining

BEAR FAN: So how do you think our Bears are going to do tomorrow.
Brett : Oh, they are going to lose for sure. When it comes down to it there are just not that good.............and Cutler is overrated

BEAR FAN: We could have easily won last week if not for four or five plays
Brett : A team can say that every week. Bottom line is if Rodgers hits on a few passes Green Bay is winning by two TD's at helftime

BEAR FAN : looking a bit shocked "Rodgers must have been sore last week and I can't believe they didn't flag Urlacher for the last hit

Brett: True, but the horrible call was on Harris.

Brett: I have to come clean............I'm from WI and a Packer fan

BEAR FAN: My condolences
Brett : It worked out well last week

Then we drank, laughed, and went back to our tables

Partial
09-20-2009, 11:11 AM
I've become very adept at getting out of having to go to events that require ties.

I actually kind of like it. I don't think I'd like it if I had to wear them to work, but instead of casual friday I do tie friday. Works out well because the lady and I do date night on Friday's and the full windsor brings home the lovin.

SkinBasket
09-20-2009, 11:19 AM
http://www.topnews.in/files/David-Carradine.jpg
I do date night on Friday's and the full windsor brings home the lovin.

Bretsky
09-21-2009, 07:44 PM
I was using my charm to humor a hottie at the bar when my friend called me a cockblocker. Apparently he wanted some action but she was bored by his effort.

Never been called that before

Scott Campbell
09-21-2009, 07:48 PM

I actually kind of like it. I don't think I'd like it if I had to wear them to work, but instead of casual friday I do tie friday. Works out well because the lady and I do date night on Friday's and the full windsor brings home the lovin.

I had to wear a suit for my job every day for a couple of years back in the early 90's, and the novelty wore off pretty quickly.

Partial
09-25-2009, 10:10 PM
I could use a drink. I've been working since 7am.

GrnBay007
09-25-2009, 11:04 PM
I could use a drink. I've been working since 7am. :glug: Cheers!

GrnBay007
09-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Watching Remember The Titans. :D

LOVE THAT MOVIE!!

Partial
09-25-2009, 11:24 PM
I could use a drink. I've been working since 7am. :glug: Cheers!

:wink: cheers buddy!

GrnBay007
09-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Watching Remember The Titans. :D

Kinda weird watching Denzel in Remember The Titans after just seeing Training Day.

He's good.

Bretsky
09-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Remember the Titans is my favorite movie; heaven should be threesum's and constant playback of Remember the Titans

MJZiggy
09-26-2009, 10:09 AM
OHMYGOD We MISSED It!!!!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2009/09/11/DI2009091103416.html

Scott Campbell
09-26-2009, 10:53 AM
http://www.topnews.in/files/David-Carradine.jpg
I do date night on Friday's and the full windsor brings home the lovin.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Remember the Titans is my favorite movie; heaven should be threesum's and constant playback of Remember the Titans

Hmm...3sum while watching a bunch of young boys in tight unis run around. A movie almost devoid of women.

Bretsky...time to come outta the closet.

GrnBay007
09-27-2009, 01:08 AM
Anyone see the 1990 movie Revenge w/ Kevin Costner? Good movie.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 01:13 AM
Anyone see the 1990 movie Revenge w/ Kevin Costner? Good movie.

Wow. That was one mediocre movie. Ty thinks you were blinded by KC.

Ty was blinded, and still is ms. stowe.

Partial
09-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Really like the show Glee. Check it out.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 01:20 AM
Really like the show Glee. Check it out.

Ty agrees. Jane Lynch is always funny.

She was hilarious in Role Models.

SkinBasket
09-27-2009, 07:21 AM
I can still watch Gladiator straight through without turning it off or thinking. It's one of those perfect weekend movies. Like Twister, but not as stupid. But not as awesome as Joe Dirt.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 09:19 AM
I can still watch Gladiator straight through without turning it off or thinking. It's one of those perfect weekend movies. Like Twister, but not as stupid. But not as awesome as Joe Dirt.

Twister. Really?

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 09:43 AM
I have a houseful of kids. Can't go out for my weekly cup of coffee...I miss it.

SkinBasket
09-27-2009, 10:58 AM

Twister. Really?

Twister is terrible, but I never turn it off if it's on. That Bill Paxton really pushes my buttons.

SkinBasket
09-27-2009, 11:04 AM
We're watching Milo and Otis right now. It's an extraordinary tour-de-force of animal abuse, and it's pretty fucking awesome.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 11:08 AM

Twister. Really?

Twister is terrible, but I never turn it off if it's on. That Bill Paxton really pushes my buttons.

Twister is terrible, and i can't watch more the 2 minutes. Twister is a running joke in ty's family as Ty's Dad's good buddy would rave about how great it was in surround sound....he had spent a bundle in like 95 on a media room. This is the same guy that bought a porsche, but got the 924. LOL

"you can't appreciate (fill in craptastic movie) till you hear/see it in xxx"....going on 15 years and the joke still holds up.

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Ok, my kid has a friend and his little brother over and it's not until it's time to make lunch that they remind me that the kid's a friggin' vegan. Not vegetarian. Vegan. There's a cooking adventure for ya!

Iron Mike
09-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Ok, my kid has a friend and his little brother over and it's not until it's time to make lunch that they remind me that the kid's a friggin' vegan. Not vegetarian. Vegan. There's a cooking adventure for ya!

Take 'em all to McDonald's. :twisted:

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Mine won't even eat that crap. I let the kids figure it out and they chose pasta. I know, but I wasn't going to argue--I don't keep bean curd.

Iron Mike
09-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Mine won't even eat that crap. I let the kids figure it out and they chose pasta.

That would equal a can of SpaghettiOs at Casa Miguel today. :P

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Mine won't even eat that crap. I let the kids figure it out and they chose pasta.

That would equal a can of SpaghettiOs at Casa Miguel today. :P

Pasta's not much more challenging. Though I couldn't sell sage today. I'm gonna have to make santolina at this rate. I have a ton of sage.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 04:21 PM

Bumps on a log, baby, bumps on a log.

Scott Campbell
09-27-2009, 05:52 PM

Just send him out to your garden, and tell him to weed while he's out there.

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 05:58 PM

Just send him out to your garden, and tell him to weed while he's out there.

A couple deer got in the back yard and ended the crops. There might be 2 tomatoes left. Bastards.

Little Whiskey
09-27-2009, 05:59 PM
how old is this kid? give him a burger then slap his parents. dumbasses!!

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 06:02 PM
He's 10. Doesn't like abusive farming methods.

Little Whiskey
09-27-2009, 06:28 PM

again, slap his parents!! and slap him

suppose his parents have leather seats in their car? or his has leather shoes?

feed him some venison, tell him its as "free range" as it gets.

dumbasses!!!

MadtownPacker
09-27-2009, 11:28 PM
Good advice all the way around LW. Dont let him turn into one of these snooty hippy wannabes that act like youre smokin rocks instead of ribs.

Iron Mike
09-28-2009, 07:11 AM

So, did he show up with a murse???

http://www.kathykhoo.com/images/murse.jpg

Freak Out
09-30-2009, 08:10 PM
I've been in Maui all week....have to head home on Saturday......prepping for winter in AK.

Nothing like an evening swim in the warm pacific to sooth the soul.

MJZiggy
09-30-2009, 08:18 PM
I don't envy you, although I know you like it cold.

Bretsky
09-30-2009, 09:12 PM
I want my boy to be an athlete

my wife's family is a bunch of hicks and willl make every effort to channel his athletic ability into crap like racing, hunting, and fishing.

I have 10 years to prepare for this; pondering how to strategize !

ThunderDan
09-30-2009, 09:38 PM
I've been in Maui all week....have to head home on Saturday......prepping for winter in AK.

My aunt lived in Kotzebue, AK for two years teaching 1st grade. First year it was cold as hell and no snow. The second winter was warmer and like 200" of snow or something silly like that. She has pictures of the snow higher than the houses roofs.

Little Whiskey
09-30-2009, 09:42 PM
I want my boy to be an athlete

my wife's family is a bunch of hicks and willl make every effort to channel his athletic ability into crap like racing, hunting, and fishing.

I have 10 years to prepare for this; pondering how to strategize !

[clears throat] somthing wrong with that? He could do both. mid november would be tough for non-hunting sports. Its kinda like the superbowl.

mraynrand
09-30-2009, 09:56 PM
6 lemon drops are very tasty. 7 and the roof of your mouth disintegrates.

MJZiggy
09-30-2009, 09:58 PM
:lol: :lol: Thanks for hashing that out for us.

Scott Campbell
09-30-2009, 11:03 PM

My aunt lived in Kotzebue, AK for two years teaching 1st grade. First year it was cold as hell and no snow. The second winter was warmer and like 200" of snow or something silly like that. She has pictures of the snow higher than the houses roofs.

Alta Ski Area Snowfall Tops 700 Inches
Articles - News - Resorts

Alta, UT - It happened at the very end of Alta’s snowfall measuring for this ski season on Thursday.

For consistency's sake, Alta measures seasonal snowfall from October storms, when the accumulated snow does not melt and forms a portion of the measurable base depth for early season, through 4 a.m. on May 1, giving Alta a sound statistical base to track season to season.

On the afternoon of April 30, Alta’s seasonal snowfall total measured 688 inches, according to Titus Case, snow safety director. “We were on track to go down with the 2007-2008 ski season being the fourth snowiest in 28 years,” Case reported Wednesday. “With this evening’s storm, it may be possible to reach the 700-inch mark.”

As of 4 a.m. on Thursday, Alta Ski Area reported snow accumulations of 14 inches, bringing the 2007-08 seasonal snowfall total to 702 inches. This makes the current ski season the third snowiest in Alta’s 28-year measuring cycle and the season snowfall average now stands at 547 inches. By the time the storm ended later on Thursday, 22 inches had fallen.

In past decades, skiing at Alta sometimes continued into May. The Utah ski resort closed for this season this year on April 20.

MJZiggy
10-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Just so you know, finding a nice halal restaurant in DC is not as easy as one might imagine.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Just so you know, finding a nice halal restaurant in DC is not as easy as one might imagine.

Dating a muslim are we?

According to:http://www.zabihah.com/sp.php?l=washington%2C+dc

There are 44 in Wash, DC including Popeyes Chicken!!!

Guess the key word is "nice".

MJZiggy
10-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Key word is nice. Pizza and chicken joints abound.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-01-2009, 09:31 PM

Should be fine going to any medi type place. Arab cuisine (kabobs, pita, hummus) doesn't really lend itself to upscale.

If Ty were looking to eat at a nice halal restaurant, Ty would look more towards muslim countries like Indonesia/asia or India.

Take'em to a nice jewish deli...they are usually Halal. :twisted:

Little Whiskey
10-01-2009, 09:36 PM

the key word is restaurant. Go to the place that has the food you want to eat. go ahead and give him one of those slaps that you were saving from that vegan kid!

GrnBay007
10-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Took in a puppy in need of a home this weekend to see how he would get along with our dog. Didn't work so well. I will NEVER do that again. Amazing how attached you can become with a dog in 2-3 days. :(