PDA

View Full Version : Best GM in Wisconsin Sports

BallHawk
02-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Saw the poll over at JSO and thought I'd post it up here. I know the poll crosses the lines of multiple sports, but it makes the most sense to post it here.

Thoughts?

Partial
02-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Well, so far the biggest improvement imo has come from the Bucks since Hammond has arrived, so you've got to go that route.

SnakeLH2006
02-08-2009, 01:30 AM
I like all 3 GM's overall, but give the edge hand's down to Melvin. I'd like to see what the Bucks or Packers could handle in a capless league like MLB. That shit is a joke, and for Melvin to even be able to get a 90 win team in that joke of a league with the Cubs, Mets, and Yankees raping teams at will...Priceless.

Who knows, maybe Jerry Jones will have his way after 2010 in the NFL. Then we are SOL.

3irty1
02-08-2009, 07:03 AM
About two years ago I would have said Melvin and one year ago I would have said Thompson but right now I'd say Hammond.

sheepshead
02-08-2009, 08:18 AM
I voted Thompson, but thus far, I think we're fortunate to have 3 good guys steering the ships. Jury's out of course.

BallHawk
02-08-2009, 08:57 AM
You can make a legitimate argument for any of the 3.....

Ted took over a team in cap hell from an incompetent GM and turned them into what looks to be a team that will contend for years to come.

Hammond took over a team with Dan Gadzuric's contract. That's enough to warrant giving him the award. He looks to be picking up the pieces from what LH left him with. The Bucks may have a furue.

But, IMO, the award goes to Melvin. He took a consistently losing team and turned them into a playoff-team, although much of that is also due to the amazing scouting of Jack Z.

Bretsky
02-08-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm most impressed with the work Melvin has done so far

But hands down, TT has the best chance to win a title of the three

The Brewers chances of a title in our lifetime may be grim unless the sport changes

Tough for the Bucks to as well

Even playing field, cap wise, in football. So the Pack gives us our best shot

SkinBasket
02-08-2009, 11:13 AM
I vote Melvin since the rules of the FA game (no cap) are completely against him.

Partial
02-08-2009, 01:31 PM
I like all 3 GM's overall, but give the edge hand's down to Melvin. I'd like to see what the Bucks or Packers could handle in a capless league like MLB. That shit is a joke, and for Melvin to even be able to get a 90 win team in that joke of a league with the Cubs, Mets, and Yankees raping teams at will...Priceless.

Who knows, maybe Jerry Jones will have his way after 2010 in the NFL. Then we are SOL.

To be fair, the Brewers hit gold on a lot of draft picks and haven't really been impacted much by the big spending. They will in the next couple of years, though, imo.

The Shadow
02-08-2009, 08:20 PM
The Packers stopped being a spinniing-their-wheels franchise (the Sherman years) and moved into the up & comer category under Ted. I give him a lot of credit for making the tough calls for the betterment of the team -most notably amputating Favre despite tremendous pressure from 'the group that shall remain nameless' - and installing a qb with a very high success ceiling for the future while improving team chemistry in the process.
I think he's done a great job so far, and look forward to the seasons ahead.
I only hope Thompson decides to stay in Green Bay for a long, long time.