PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl Question

Brando19
02-08-2009, 08:18 PM
I didn't watch any of the Pro Bowl. Which Packers played in today's game? Does anyone have any stats/highlights from the Packers in the Pro Bowl? Thanks.

rbaloha1
02-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Al Harris an Nick Collins.

Harris played well. Very good bump and run coverage against Brandon Marshall for the majority of the game.

Collins also played well especially during special teams.

On a side note both guys refused to provide me an autograph after practice. :( Its unfortunate since Bubba Franks, Donald Driver, Javon Walker and Ahman Green signed my mini helmet. Oh well.

Brando19
02-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Al Harris an Nick Collins.

Harris played well. Very good bump and run coverage against Brandon Marshall for the majority of the game.

Collins also played well especially during special teams.

On a side note both guys refused to provide me an autograph after practice. :( Its unfortunate since Bubba Franks, Donald Driver, Javon Walker and Ahman Green signed my mini helmet. Oh well.

Thanks for the info. You got to go to Pro Bowl practice? Did they flat out say no when you asked them?

Harlan Huckleby
02-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I hate the pro bowl, it is played by the 2nd tier stars. But guess we already beat this topic to death a couple weeks ago.

MTPackerfan
02-08-2009, 10:27 PM
I have a question related to the players that opt out, like Woodson, Favre, etc. Do they still get a share of the winners/losers money? I am just curious, as the amount of money won/lost seemed like a big thing to the players there.

Pacopete4
02-08-2009, 11:10 PM
I have a question related to the players that opt out, like Woodson, Favre, etc. Do they still get a share of the winners/losers money? I am just curious, as the amount of money won/lost seemed like a big thing to the players there.

ive been lookin and lookin for about half hour, no luck... probably a question for patler

my guess is they dont get anything though

HarveyWallbangers
02-09-2009, 12:05 AM
I have a question related to the players that opt out, like Woodson, Favre, etc.

I don't think Woodson actually opted out. He had a legit injury, and I got the feeling the Packers may have been pushing him to pull out of the event.

channtheman
02-09-2009, 12:23 AM
I have a question related to the players that opt out, like Woodson, Favre, etc.

I don't think Woodson actually opted out. He had a legit injury, and I got the feeling the Packers may have been pushing him to pull out of the event.

Wow, if Woodson opted out, did that mean we had 3 defensive starters make it to the Pro Bowl? Both CB's and a safety? That's impressive!

MTPackerfan
02-09-2009, 01:31 AM
Harris got in when another player opted out for injury, can't remember who though, an Eagle maybe?

rbaloha1
02-09-2009, 09:49 AM
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. You got to go to Pro Bowl practice? Did they flat out say no when you asked them?[/quote]

On weekdays the players practice at a local high school a few miles from their hotel location.

The NFL cut the Pro Bowl budget. Fans are disallowed to watch the practices from bleachers. Instead fans must stand like criminals behind fenced areas and beg players for autographs. Pathetic at best.

Yelled for Harris in my Packer gear. Al acknowledged, made a #1 gesture and continued to the bus. Collins also acknowledged but failed to make it to the fenced area.

Players which signed autographs: Peyton Manning (the best), Larry Fitzgerald, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, Jason Witten, Clinton Smith, Andy Reid and several others unable to recall. The remaining quickly exited for the bus.

rbaloha1
02-09-2009, 09:50 AM

Woodson was named to the pro bowl but failed to show up.

Wow, if Woodson opted out, did that mean we had 3 defensive starters make it to the Pro Bowl? Both CB's and a safety? That's impressive!

rbaloha1
02-09-2009, 10:06 AM
I hate the pro bowl, it is played by the 2nd tier stars. But guess we already beat this topic to death a couple weeks ago.

Are James Harrison, Troy Polomalu, Ray Lewis, Haynesworth, Manning brothers, Larry Fitzgerald, Adrian Wilson, Adrian Peterson, Tony Gonzales, Nick Collins, Clinton Portis, Brandon Marshall etc. 2nd tier players?

As a matter of fact, the reason the game moved to Hawaii was to improve participation. Prior to Hawaii the participation date was dismal.

As you know, the 2010 game is in Miami before the super bowl. Players like Ray Lewis, Clinton Portis, Manning brothers, Troy Polomalu have spoken out against the move. In fact Lewis and Portis stated they may not play if named. Manning says its going to be interesting how many players show up when the pro bowl is in Indy prior to the super bowl.

The NFL is concerned by the player reaction. The 2011 super bowl is scheduled for Dallas. The mayor of Arlington wants the pro bowl. However the NFL is afraid their pro bowl experiment is going to fail.

The NFL is negotiating with the State of Hawaii for the 2011 pro bowl. The State of Hawaii refused the NFL's first offer. The State already pays the NFL $4.5 million per year for the right to hold the pro bowl. Hawaii is in a great bargaining position as opposed to previous years.

Harlan Huckleby
02-09-2009, 10:20 AM
rbaloha, are you working for the Hawaii Chamber of Commerce? I don't think most fans care where the game is played.

yes, I realize that some of the stars show up, especially the new pro bowlers. But what is Al Harris doing out there?

I want to see what happens when they move the pro bowl before the Super Bowl. I think at least more people will watch it.

rbaloha1
02-09-2009, 10:27 AM
rbaloha, are you working for the Hawaii Chamber of Commerce? I don't think most fans care where the game is played.

yes, I realize that some of the stars show up, especially the new pro bowlers. But what is Al Harris doing out there?

I want to see what happens when they move the pro bowl before the Super Bowl. I think at least more people will watch it.

Lets wait and see. Hawaii sells out the game. Its going to be interesting if TV ratings and game attendance increase. Commissioner Goddell does not have full NFL and player support.

Harris is at the pro bowl due to injury. Harris's play this season warrants a spot in the pro bowl.

If the NFL is so confident why are they negotiating the 2011 game in Hawaii first as opposed to Dallas?

rbaloha1
02-09-2009, 10:33 AM
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=M1&Date=20090208&Category=SPORTS04&ArtNo=902090801&Ref=PH&Profile=1032&Params=Itemnr=9#gallerytop

Harlan Huckleby
02-09-2009, 06:29 PM
if i hear one more peep out of you about the beauty of the islands i'm going to break your arm.

channtheman
02-09-2009, 07:07 PM

I don't care about the Pro Bowl and I don't really watch it but I have to agree that with rboloha that the Pro Bowl should remain in Hawaii. The whole point of the Pro Bowl is so that the players and their families can go vacation in Hawaii and oh yeah, there is that football game too.

Harlan Huckleby
02-09-2009, 07:11 PM
I don't care about the Pro Bowl and I don't really watch it but I have to agree that with rboloha that the Pro Bowl should remain in Hawaii. The whole point of the Pro Bowl is so that the players and their families can go vacation in Hawaii and oh yeah, there is that football game too.

It never occured to me that it should move. did anybody else suggest this?

rboloha is running an infomercial for hawaii, he gets 3¢ anytime somebody clicks on a link he posts.

rbaloha1
02-09-2009, 07:22 PM

rboloha is running an infomercial for hawaii, he gets 3¢ anytime somebody clicks on a link he posts.

This was Commissioner Goddell's idea. Goddell is trying to increase interest in the game. Many players and media are against the idea.

Hang Loose Bradah!

Shaka Brah!

channtheman
02-09-2009, 07:29 PM

This was Commissioner Goddell's idea. Goddell is trying to increase interest in the game. Many players and media are against the idea.

Hang Loose Bradah!

Shaka Brah!

Yeah Harlan haven't you heard that Goodell is trying to move the Pro Bowl out of Hawaii to increase I guess people watching it on TV. It's stupid though because I don't watch it after the Super Bowl so why would I watch it before?

Harlan Huckleby
02-09-2009, 10:56 PM
It's stupid though because I don't watch it after the Super Bowl so why would I watch it before?

You will watch it because your interest in football is at a fever pitch from the playoff games you just watched the previous weekend. You will watch it because there is nothing to do that weekend, you want the super bowl to be on, but the pro bowl will have to do.

Post-super bowl is like post-organsm. All your interest is gone. All you want to do is maybe eat some cheese and crackers, or just roll over and go to sleep.

channtheman
02-09-2009, 11:22 PM
It's stupid though because I don't watch it after the Super Bowl so why would I watch it before?

You will watch it because your interest in football is at a fever pitch from the playoff games you just watched the previous weekend. You will watch it because there is nothing to do that weekend, you want the super bowl to be on, but the pro bowl will have to do.

Post-super bowl is like post-organsm. All your interest is gone. All you want to do is maybe eat some cheese and crackers, or just roll over and go to sleep.

Well you may be correct. The Pro Bowl is pretty lame though so I might tune in for only a few minutes before I got bored.

BobDobbs
02-10-2009, 02:13 AM

So, does that mean that the new format will be like getting a handjob from a girl your not really into the weekend before you hook up with the hottie you have a total crush on?

Harlan Huckleby
02-10-2009, 08:41 AM
yes

rbaloha1
02-10-2009, 09:43 AM

The NFL does not believe in your thesis.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20090210/NEWS01/902100349