PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day 2009. Where's Brett gonna be?

SnakeLH2006
02-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Wow. (Cue the Snoop music) "With all the drama in the A-F-C it's kinda hard being Brett QB N-F-L". LOL.

Damn, with that ESPN interview today with his Jet's cap today (what's with that bit if he's retired???, why sport that shit if you are retired, or is he making a point?..like fuck U Ted?, lol) and the harsh words he said in a recent article about "being sent to Siberia again" about TT sending him to NY alluding to the first trade to GB, and all the animosity where he said in the JSOnline article how he might not come to GB till Ted was gone...it's kinda surreal. All real articles, can't post the JS stuff but look it up, it's on there, it's kinda entertaining after hearing he was done, but maybe not, eh? Never know with Brettie lately. Gotta hand it to the guy (kinda like Shaq now) to be able to stay in the limelight even when your game/age starts to slip.

I've always been a huge Brett fan and still am (but subdued with the transpires of the past year), but I'm glad this isn't my team this year that has to deal with this media hoopla. Poor Jets. My guess is they release him with the hints that Bus Cook made about asking his release which were declined by the Jets. This shit is never over till they drag him off the field I say.

If he's healthy enough, my guess he (Brett) has an inside plan in the works to come back to play with Bevell in Minnesota at this point. Would I like to see him play another year. Oh hell ya. Why not? Entertainment value is immense and like him or hate him, I'd like to see a QB get the all-time consecutive games started streak (he's only 1 game away from Jim Marshall DE Vikings at 270, Brett is at 269), as I'm sure he would too. :lol:

Joemailman
02-14-2009, 06:38 AM
Favre won't play. Because of the shoulder, he knows that if he comes back, he could end his career sitting on the bench. He won't risk having that happen. I'm hopeful he'll agree to have his number retired this year, but not opening day. It will be done at a halftime of a prime time game, and given that the Packers were 6-10 last year, that probably won't happen opening week. I think he'll be coaching Hattiesburg in September.

Fritz
02-14-2009, 07:13 AM
I don't believe there's any kind of "plan" in Favre's head. He's ready to retire, so he's retiring. I do think, though, that now that he's gone through it once he's afraid he might later want to come back - surely he knows himself well enough to know that that could happen. He has no plan to, but that doesn't mean that in four months he won't want to...

texaspackerbacker
02-14-2009, 08:57 AM
Favre won't play. Because of the shoulder, he knows that if he comes back, he could end his career sitting on the bench. He won't risk having that happen. I'm hopeful he'll agree to have his number retired this year, but not opening day. It will be done at a halftime of a prime time game, and given that the Packers were 6-10 last year, that probably won't happen opening week. I think he'll be coaching Hattiesburg in September.

I voted for the jersey retirement choice, but after reading this, I like your version better.

Four people actually think he will be starting for the Vikings? Wow.

Fritz, the guy does have a hard time making up his mind. I really doubt he will start the season on any team, but if a contender has a QB go down in mid-season, he might just be willing (and able) to step in.

oregonpackfan
02-14-2009, 03:29 PM
I think he'll be coaching Hattiesburg in September.[/quote]

As much as I admire Favre and am grateful for all the fine memories he gave the Packers, I just don't see Favre as coach material.

mraynrand
02-14-2009, 04:01 PM
http://chunksoflife.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/couch-potato.jpg

The Shadow
02-14-2009, 04:39 PM
At www.don'tcare.com

Charles Woodson
02-14-2009, 04:59 PM
At www.don'tcare.com
no need for that man...

SnakeLH2006
02-14-2009, 11:20 PM
It's interesting to note that 40% think he'll be milling around the Hattiesburg address which is feasible, and that 1/4 think he'll be playing for the Vikes.

I think that if he can't play, FOX blows him away and gives him some cash to head up their FOX pregame.

I definitely don't see him wanting to sit in a booth like Aikman (who I think is fantastic at his job BTW), but could see him joking around with buddies Strahan and Terry Bradshaw giving Howie Long a ton of shit. That would be entertaining as well and if not this year, it WILL happen eventually. I just can't picture Brett not being a part of the spotlight somehow, and you know he's got some good stories to tell. Analyst no, color guy on Fox pregame, yes.

Imagine him and Madden together though, LOL! That would be too good. Cue 4:55: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBW7ysPcbT0

ahaha
02-15-2009, 07:32 AM
Amazing that he's retiring only 1 game short of Jim Marshal's record for most consecutive starts at any position.

DonHutson
02-15-2009, 02:10 PM
I think he'll be coaching Hattiesburg in September.

As much as I admire Favre and am grateful for all the fine memories he gave the Packers, I just don't see Favre as coach material.[/quote]

Not at a serious level, but I could see him having a lot of fun goofing around with a high school team.

DonHutson
02-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Whoa... what's up with my text?

MJZiggy
02-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Whoa... what's up with my text?

You need to have the [/b] inside the quote in the first part of the post. The code has to read from inside out like

then .

I don't know why I know that...

SnakeLH2006
02-18-2009, 03:25 AM
OK...I know this forum is split on Brett (whether they care anymore or not) but we all hope and will be 100% happy when he dons the gold suit and goes into the HOF.

Who care's...this guy is drama and tarnished his shit whether you like him or not. I still do, but not as much, but will be forgotten in a year anyway.

Regardless, who really thinks he won't be donning Viking Purple this year IF he can play? No one. If he can play (I think he's gonna be fine by Sept. to break that 1 game he needs to play to get 270 games started) he'll be with the Vikes. He's definitely not done. Check this topic in September cuz I told you so. He's playing. I always thought it was about the team, and never saw the ego till the last year...I still love the guy, but hey, he'd have to have his arms and both legs amputated till he does NOT play. He's there in Sept. because with all the grief/garbage his own NJ teammates said about him and the animosity towards TT do you think he cares NEmore about what is said....No. I think he needs to get this out his system and play for Minnesota regardless and I do think it happens. He'll still be a Packer no matter what, so I don't care. More power to him, but quote it, cuz it happens. 8-)

Pugger
02-18-2009, 10:31 AM
I thought I read somewhere recently where the owner of the queens isn't interested in BF...? :?: And Brett has said he isn't going to ask NJ to release him cuz of the love he got from the Jets :roll: so if Brett ever dones purple it will be in 2010 when he is 41 years old! I'm not holding my breath.

SnakeLH2006
02-19-2009, 11:53 PM
I thought I read somewhere recently where the owner of the queens isn't interested in BF...? :?: And Brett has said he isn't going to ask NJ to release him cuz of the love he got from the Jets :roll: so if Brett ever dones purple it will be in 2010 when he is 41 years old! I'm not holding my breath.

Dude, it's all a smokescreen nowadays in the NFL. Players under contract say crazy stuff and teams don't ackowledge wanting other team's players for fear of getting arbitrated and sacked draft picks by Goodell.

The fact is Bus Cook DID ask for Favre's release last week which was "respectfully declined" by the Jets. He's just enabling leverage and testing the waters IF Brett CAN come back from the Biceps injury.

The shit storm will start around training camp if Brett wishes it to be. As far as media, he has nothing to lose if he's so inclined to sack TT, as he sounds bitter as hell and I doubt the Vikes would say no if he wanted to play for the minimum.

In defense to those that think he's washed up...maybe true, but his stats were damn fantastic when the Jets were 8-3 and the talk on ESPN of the best of the AFC (Brett's stats were amazing too at the time) before his last 5 miserable games with his injury. We'll see though what happens...

The guy (Brett) has a huge ego complex and feels he's still the man to beat and can play (he's said it recently..if healthy), so I'll see he's retired when he's not playing in 2009. It may be true, but doubt it. Damn entertaining though...