PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch Felon

BlueBrewer
02-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Marshawn was arrested for felony concealment of a handgun. What a bullet we dodged by not getting him. I was very upset when he was taken in front of us. Now it seems like a blessing in disguise. Now the only question is is this strike one or two, since he wasn't convicted of the hit and run last year.

cpk1994
02-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Now, does he fall under the curse of Bretsky like Odell Thurman? :lol:

BallHawk
02-16-2009, 09:47 AM
:whist: :whist: :whist: :whist: :whist:

MadtownPacker
02-16-2009, 10:50 AM
I like how everyone thinks the Packers dont draft any fuckups. Put lynch in GB and chances lessen he will have to carry a gat and get busted. Might even get off with a warning for being a Packer. Put Barnett in New York and he would likely be finishing up a 1 year suspension.

mission
02-16-2009, 12:56 PM
I like how everyone thinks the Packers dont draft any fuckups. Put lynch in GB and chances lessen he will have to carry a gat and get busted. Might even get off with a warning for being a Packer. Put Barnett in New York and he would likely be finishing up a 1 year suspension.

Also, gun laws vary drastically from state to state. If you get pulled over with a gun in Georgia, you just have to tell the officer when he asks to search the car. If it's not registered, they will just take the gun from you and in some cases, just give you a warning (you'll have a couple weeks to take the registration to court) to get it registered if it's A) not reported stolen and B) doesn't have a "kill" on it. A non story in this case.

BlueBrewer
02-16-2009, 01:02 PM

This is the offseason, the incident happened in Culver City Cali not Buffalo. These guys are not under home city arrest with ankle bracelets. Nobody said the Pack doesn't draft f- ups, just that I'm glad they didn't take the guy that I and many of us wanted.

Patler
02-16-2009, 01:47 PM
The Packers have their Johnny Jollys too. Not big time criminals, it seems, but naive, foolish or something.

BallHawk
02-16-2009, 04:40 PM
The Packers have their Johnny Jollys too. Not big time criminals, it seems, but naive, foolish or something.

Johnny Jolly knocks back Purple Drank......Marshawn Lynch sexually assaults women in his car.

LP
02-16-2009, 04:53 PM

Excuse me? "Have to carry". If the neighborhood is that bad, don't go. If his family is still there, maybe spend some of his signing bonus and move them to a better place. The opportunity to improve the situation is there. He has only to take advantage of it.

Patler
02-16-2009, 05:19 PM

Johnny Jolly knocks back Purple Drank......Marshawn Lynch sexually assaults women in his car.

I thought this was a handgun charge against Lynch???

Lurker64
02-16-2009, 05:27 PM
I think that even the people who wanted to draft him realized that he wasn't the smartest card in the failed metaphor. It was just the classic argument that "you don't need to be a brain wizard to run with the ball." Sometimes, football players do dumb things and Lynch is clear proof of that.

Though this isn't some "the Packers were brilliant for passing on this guy" since they didn't. Buffalo took him before we picked, taking the decision out of our hands.

The only real indictment here is "sometimes football fans on message boards don't make great personnel decisions", but that should be a surprise to no one.

KYPack
02-16-2009, 10:08 PM

You didn't check your Lynch arrest scorecard, P.

1. On January 25, 2007, Lynch was accused of sexual assault by his former girlfriend. The incident reportedly happened on December 13, 2006, outside the woman's home in Emeryville, California. On January 29, 2007, an Alameda County Deputy District Attorney who specializes in domestic violence cases declined to press charges, citing a lack of evidence and "grave inconsistencies" in the alleged victim's accusations. Lynch was never arrested or charged.

On March 3, 2007, an Alameda County judge threw out a restraining order that Lynch's ex-girlfriend had issued against him because it was obtained improperly.

2. During June 2008, Lynch was under investigation for his involvement in a hit and run accident that occurred in Buffalo on May 31, 2008. His 2008 Porsche SUV struck and injured a female pedestrian before leaving the scene. After the 27 day saga, on June 26, 2008, Lynch apologized and accepted a guilty plea to a single count of failure to exercise due care to avoid striking a pedestrian, a traffic violation. He was assessed a $100 fine, and his driver’s license and car registration were revoked. Because a Buffalo Police Officer gave testimony that the victim did not suffer "severe physical injury", Lynch avoided being criminally charged for the incident..

3. On February 11, 2009, Lynch was arrested on a felony weapon possession charge near Los Angeles, California. He was released after paying $35,000 bail.

Now you are up to date.

Patler
02-17-2009, 07:07 AM

You didn't check your Lynch arrest scorecard, P.

1. On January 25, 2007, Lynch was accused of sexual assault by his former girlfriend. The incident reportedly happened on December 13, 2006, outside the woman's home in Emeryville, California. On January 29, 2007, an Alameda County Deputy District Attorney who specializes in domestic violence cases declined to press charges, citing a lack of evidence and "grave inconsistencies" in the alleged victim's accusations. Lynch was never arrested or charged.

On March 3, 2007, an Alameda County judge threw out a restraining order that Lynch's ex-girlfriend had issued against him because it was obtained improperly.

2. During June 2008, Lynch was under investigation for his involvement in a hit and run accident that occurred in Buffalo on May 31, 2008. His 2008 Porsche SUV struck and injured a female pedestrian before leaving the scene. After the 27 day saga, on June 26, 2008, Lynch apologized and accepted a guilty plea to a single count of failure to exercise due care to avoid striking a pedestrian, a traffic violation. He was assessed a $100 fine, and his driver’s license and car registration were revoked. Because a Buffalo Police Officer gave testimony that the victim did not suffer "severe physical injury", Lynch avoided being criminally charged for the incident..

3. On February 11, 2009, Lynch was arrested on a felony weapon possession charge near Los Angeles, California. He was released after paying $35,000 bail.

Now you are up to date.

I knew about those.

To say that he "sexually assaults women in his car" based on something that was dropped by a prosecuter who specializes in sexual assault prosecutions due to problems with the accusers story is something I am not willing to do. Lynch was never arrested or charged. There are too many incidents of innocent people being convicted let alone arrested and charged for me to do that. In this instance the prosecuter was unwilling to do anything.

Are you willing to brand him for something he was never even charged for by a prosecuter who specializes in that type of crime? Chances are, if there was anything to it at all, he would have been charged even if there was problems with the evidence, and a plea deal would have been worked out.

KYPack
02-17-2009, 07:34 AM
That first one is a very shaky case, to be sure. But he sure has been a busy guy in the last 13 months, I'll say that much.

The guy needs to stay out of court. I watched that Jets/Bills game on the Favre tribute thing they had on NFLN. Lynch is one tough ballplayer.

Charles Woodson
02-17-2009, 08:20 PM
hmm, well i would still take lynch, over harrell

Gunakor
02-18-2009, 02:07 AM

Lynch was already gone. Thompson has publicly stated that he'd have taken Lynch over Harrell as well, but Lynch was nabbed before Green Bay had been put on the clock. Tough break. But I don't think, even without the benefit of hindsight, there are a whole lot of people who would have taken Harrell if Lynch was still on the board.

SnakeLH2006
02-18-2009, 03:14 AM

I was watching college football all year that year...praying and pissed we couldn't draft Lynch. I'd still take him on though as Patler said, you are a product of the environment to a point. Lynch might be all right in GB.

Although, to report, I do have several close college type UWGB buddies in the know that can party, that say Barnett is a pretty cool guy and not a problem when it comes to the law. Although... I have it on good rapport from club buds that he LOVES to take home the 250 lb. fatties from the clubs from what I hear. Jail no, PR Hall of Shame....I would only hope.... :shock: :lol:

Fritz
02-19-2009, 06:48 PM

Mad, you may have just found the solution for America's crime problem: move all felons to rural areas in states like Montana and Wyoming and North Dakota, and put them on local sports teams.

Fritz
02-19-2009, 06:51 PM

I was watching college football all year that year...praying and pissed we couldn't draft Lynch. I'd still take him on though as Patler said, you are a product of the environment to a point. Lynch might be all right in GB.

Although, to report, I do have several close college type UWGB buddies in the know that can party, that say Barnett is a pretty cool guy and not a problem when it comes to the law. Although... I have it on good rapport from club buds that he LOVES to take home the 250 lb. fatties from the clubs from what I hear. Jail no, PR Hall of Shame....I would only hope.... :shock: :lol:

So he likes his women to look like the female equivalent of Gilbert Brown...hmmm.

cpk1994
02-20-2009, 04:31 AM

So he likes his women to look like the female equivalent of Gilbert Brown...hmmm.He sadi 250, not 350 Fritz.

MateoInMex
02-20-2009, 09:48 PM

So he likes his women to look like the female equivalent of Gilbert Brown...hmmm.

Otherwise known as full-blown Slumpbusters. Afterall, he was at a less than desirable skank tank in the outskirts of Green Bay. Maybe he wanted to put up 4 sacks the next game. He wasn't going to find Jessica Alba hoppin' around in there. Anyone ever been to that place? It makes Cheek's from the movie Wrestler look like Spearmint Rhino.

BTW, Fontana isn't much better. Admittedly, I've been drunk in that city plenty of times...and the pick o' the litter really depends on what type of places you hang out. Example...a Border Brother club with well-known bands and hefty cover charge....and chances are there will be some Barely Legal Tang in there.

But you hang out in uh...well...other than's and you get Fontana'a Finest...But that's pretty much everywhere. So my point is, he was at a skank hole. Per Doug Stanhope:

As much as guys talk about fukkin' ugly people, noone ever brags about being the ugly person. I've been the ugly one a bunch of times, but I've yet to be out with friends and have one say did you see the chick that fukked me last night, what was she thinking?

We've all regretted banging mistakes, and I have been the mistake..we all have. Maybe he was like the Sherminator and wanted to make their dream come true...for one lucky fat chick...targeted for Shermination.

If there was an appropriate time to cue the exhausted flour/fatchick joke, this would probably be the most comparative moment for it.

SnakeLH2006
02-20-2009, 10:59 PM

Otherwise known as full-blown Slumpbusters. Afterall, he was at a less than desirable skank tank in the outskirts of Green Bay. Maybe he wanted to put up 4 sacks the next game. He wasn't going to find Jessica Alba hoppin' around in there. Anyone ever been to that place? It makes Cheek's from the movie Wrestler look like Spearmint Rhino.

BTW, Fontana isn't much better. Admittedly, I've been drunk in that city plenty of times...and the pick o' the litter really depends on what type of places you hang out. Example...a Border Brother club with well-known bands and hefty cover charge....and chances are there will be some Barely Legal Tang in there.

But you hang out in uh...well...other than's and you get Fontana'a Finest...But that's pretty much everywhere. So my point is, he was at a skank hole. Per Doug Stanhope:

As much as guys talk about fukkin' ugly people, noone ever brags about being the ugly person. I've been the ugly one a bunch of times, but I've yet to be out with friends and have one say did you see the chick that fukked me last night, what was she thinking?

We've all regretted banging mistakes, and I have been the mistake..we all have. Maybe he was like the Sherminator and wanted to make their dream come true...for one lucky fat chick...targeted for Shermination.

If there was an appropriate time to cue the exhausted flour/fatchick joke, this would probably be the most comparative moment for it.

Well not necessarily...my good GB bro told me that he did a double take as Nick was double-dating 2 fattie white girls at the same time at one point. And my bro almost coughed up his lunch describing how bad it was.

He was floored that Nick would not only have to go that low, not once, but twice, as if he was the player manipulating 2 supermodels at the same time...but....When the drama about the club-fight shit started he told me Nick had fatties fighting over him like they were gonna shut off the electricity in their trailer parks. It was that bad.

Everyone makes a mistake (1 night stand) but those who don't learn from those mistakes (date 2 fatties like it's playa type stuff?? huh??) are doomed to repeat those mistakes. Poor Nick...

Too bad he couldn't have hung out with early 90's Brett and Chuey. My brother used to drink with those guys frequently at the Green Knight in De Pere in college and said Brett and Chuey were quite the players. My brother's a doctor now and married a hot ass kindergarten teacher who used to cheerlead for the the Bucks Energee' chearleading squad when he went to the Milwaukee School of Medicine (that turned out well for him). Chuey bangs teeners (but made hottubs popular in GB). Brett married Deanna!!!! No wonder Brett doesn't want to retire.

:lol:

MadtownPacker
02-21-2009, 02:14 PM

Excuse me? "Have to carry". If the neighborhood is that bad, don't go. If his family is still there, maybe spend some of his signing bonus and move them to a better place. The opportunity to improve the situation is there. He has only to take advantage of it.I guess no one has to carry a gun but depending on your surroundings and upbringing sometimes that might seem to be a wise choice. I would agree that a high played NFLer should be able to pay for a professional to watch his back but macho behavior or the need to feel like one of the homeboys is tempting. As for moving folks, if you move enough of them it will only fuck up the place you move them to.

There really is no logic for it, just personal reasoning is what Im trying to say.

MadtownPacker
02-21-2009, 02:18 PM

Although, to report, I do have several close college type UWGB buddies in the know that can party, that say Barnett is a pretty cool guy and not a problem when it comes to the law. Although... I have it on good rapport from club buds that he LOVES to take home the 250 lb. fatties from the clubs from what I hear. Jail no, PR Hall of Shame....I would only hope.... :shock: :lol:What??? Patler said?? I said it first chump!! Does the smart White man always have to get credit?? :D

As for Barnett liking more cushion for the pushing, what is the big deal? You gonna tell me he cant get some groupie type honeys to do ankle grabs for him? He just likes em the way he likes em.

MadtownPacker
02-21-2009, 02:20 PM
BTW, Fontana isn't much better. Admittedly, I've been drunk in that city plenty of times...and the pick o' the litter really depends on what type of places you hang out. Example...a Border Brother club with well-known bands and hefty cover charge....and chances are there will be some Barely Legal Tang in there..My brother from another mother, how you been?

Now confess, cuz you have already exposed your hand, how do you know all this shit?

SnakeLH2006
02-21-2009, 11:42 PM

Although, to report, I do have several close college type UWGB buddies in the know that can party, that say Barnett is a pretty cool guy and not a problem when it comes to the law. Although... I have it on good rapport from club buds that he LOVES to take home the 250 lb. fatties from the clubs from what I hear. Jail no, PR Hall of Shame....I would only hope.... :shock: :lol:What??? Patler said?? I said it first chump!! Does the smart White man always have to get credit?? :D

As for Barnett liking more cushion for the pushing, what is the big deal? You gonna tell me he cant get some groupie type honeys to do ankle grabs for him? He just likes em the way he likes em.

Hahaha sorry Mad...not necessarily, and my bad, yet Snake has learned over the years on PR it is VERY wise to always to quote Patler as that man makes any replies we make look much smarter than they actually are by agreeing with the man....LOL. C'mon it's Patler man! :lol:

As far as the fatties...Snake don't care. but thought I'd share an interesting tidbit one wouldn't see in the headlines.

That's cool as big girls need loving too..............................just not from Snake. :D 8-)