PDA

View Full Version : Could Favre be throwing TD's to JWalk on Lake Shore Dr?

sheepshead
02-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Doesnt take too much critical thinking to see that scenario playing out, does it?

Joemailman
02-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Care to elaborate on why you think this is a likely scenario?

rbaloha1
02-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Doesnt take too much critical thinking to see that scenario playing out, does it?

How? Are the Jets willing to part with 3 number one picks?

MadScientist
02-17-2009, 01:39 AM

How? Are the Jets willing to part with 3 number one picks?
No, they'll be playing in a pick-up game at Taste of Chicago.

cpk1994
02-17-2009, 04:32 AM

How? Are the Jets willing to part with 3 number one picks?The Jets can release him you know.

sheepshead
02-17-2009, 07:02 AM
ok, the bears will be looking for WR's no doubt. Walker will likely get released. I think the Vikings will not wait for the Brett drama to play out and pull the trigger on a veteran qb sooner than later. The Bears could then be the Jets of 09. Of course there would have to be secret phone calls to Brett then to the Jets. Brett un-retires, Jets release him because they like Brett. Brett to the Bears is the "leap" part of this, Walker is plausible. Heck - news is slow.

BlueBrewer
02-17-2009, 08:10 AM
I look for Jeff Garthia (Garcia) to be on the Vikes soon, and I don't like it one bit.

Packnut
02-17-2009, 10:25 AM
King states Favre won't do anything to screw over the Jets so he's done once and for all. People are missing what is different this time-the injury. Age caught up with him as it does to everyone.

rbaloha1
02-17-2009, 10:28 AM

How? Are the Jets willing to part with 3 number one picks?The Jets can release him you know.

The Jets are on record stating they are not releasing Favre.

Cheesehead Craig
02-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Just common sense to know it won't happen.

Patler
02-17-2009, 10:51 AM

Maybe not now, but what would they do if shortly before training camp starts, after they have their roster set for camp, Favre decides to come back? They are likely to be quite close to the salary cap at that point. To work in a $13 million salary would likely require a lot of roster adjustments with higher priced players. At that point, would they be willing to let go of 4 players with salaries of $3.5 million to $5 million, and replace them with what is available at that time for minimum salaries? Adjustments that they might be willing to make now will be much more difficult at the end of the off-season.

In July they might have little choice but to release Favre.

SMACKTALKIE
02-17-2009, 11:03 AM

Maybe not now, but what would they do if shortly before training camp starts, after they have their roster set for camp, Favre decides to come back? They are likely to be quite close to the salary cap at that point. To work in a $13 million salary would likely require a lot of roster adjustments with higher priced players. At that point, would they be willing to let go of 4 players with salaries of $3.5 million to $5 million, and replace them with what is available at that time for minimum salaries? Adjustments that they might be willing to make now will be much more difficult at the end of the off-season.

It may come earlier than July. I'm guessing that Favre is going to keep a close eye on the Jet's free agent spending this offseason. Once they spend to the point they can no longer cover Favre's contract what do you think the chances are that Favre will re-un-retire?

sheepshead
02-17-2009, 11:59 AM

It may come earlier than July. I'm guessing that Favre is going to keep a close eye on the Jet's free agent spending this offseason. Once they spend to the point they can no longer cover Favre's contract what do you think the chances are that Favre will re-un-retire?

This is what I was thinking. Sort of forcing their hand with his awww shucks, I just wanna play some football stuff.

cpk1994
02-17-2009, 03:29 PM

This is what I was thinking. Sort of forcing their hand with his awww shucks, I just wanna play some football stuff.But the media won't kiss his ass this time. THe NY media will torch him and that probably be enough to preclude him from trying that.

Lurker64
02-17-2009, 03:35 PM
With the degree to which the Bears have neglected the QB and WR positions so far, why do you suspect they wouldn't continue to neglect them. They'll be fine with the duo of Grossman and Orton throwing to Olsen and Hester... ... ... ...

sheepshead
02-17-2009, 03:47 PM
With the degree to which the Bears have neglected the QB and WR positions so far, why do you suspect they wouldn't continue to neglect them. They'll be fine with the duo of Grossman and Orton throwing to Olsen and Hester... ... ... ...

I was reading the local press here and they were talking about Urlacher for Boldin and the list of potential WR that might be available(I know its just the press). Its what got me thinking because I think the Viks think they could go far in the playoffs with a solid QB and they might be right. But I think theyll get one sooner rather than later.

DonHutson
02-17-2009, 07:31 PM
TD's on Lake Shore Drive?

Even if they did both end up in Chicago, I'd still say that prognosis is doubtful.

SnakeLH2006
02-18-2009, 03:37 AM

This is what I was thinking. Sort of forcing their hand with his awww shucks, I just wanna play some football stuff.But the media won't kiss his ass this time. THe NY media will torch him and that probably be enough to preclude him from trying that.

After all this shit in the last year, his shit has already been roasted. He still has a TT beef to chew...do you REALLY think he cares what NJ thinks about him? C'mon man. He could care less about the fucking Jets. What does he care when his own teammates talk shit on him? He's still hella salty and if he can play he could care less about his "legacy" with the fucking Jets. Be real. Ego erupted!! Brett WILL play with the Bears or Vikes if HE CAN. That is true. He even reiterated it in recent interviews that if he can play he'd like to stick it to TT.

Gunakor
02-18-2009, 04:24 AM
After all this shit in the last year, his shit has already been roasted. He still has a TT beef to chew...do you REALLY think he cares what NJ thinks about him? C'mon man. He could care less about the fucking Jets. What does he care when his own teammates talk shit on him? He's still hella salty and if he can play he could care less about his "legacy" with the fucking Jets. Be real. Ego erupted!! Brett WILL play with the Bears or Vikes if HE CAN. That is true. He even reiterated it in recent interviews that if he can play he'd like to stick it to TT.

I have a hard time taking anything he says at face value when he says things like "I have nothing left to prove" and then goes and tells us he wants to show up TT.

cpk1994
02-18-2009, 06:17 AM

After all this shit in the last year, his shit has already been roasted. He still has a TT beef to chew...do you REALLY think he cares what NJ thinks about him? C'mon man. He could care less about the fucking Jets. What does he care when his own teammates talk shit on him? He's still hella salty and if he can play he could care less about his "legacy" with the fucking Jets. Be real. Ego erupted!! Brett WILL play with the Bears or Vikes if HE CAN. That is true. He even reiterated it in recent interviews that if he can play he'd like to stick it to TT.He will care because when the NY media start on him, ESPN will follow. Brett sure as hell will not jeopardize any relationship with ESPN. That is money lost. If he cares anything about his legacy, he has another reason to care.

EDIT: His shot was roasted last summer? Bullshit. The media sucked his balls all last summer. He practically got a free pass from them, spacifically ESPN.

mraynrand
02-18-2009, 06:51 AM
Brett sure as hell will not jeopardize any relationship with ESPN. That is money lost. If he cares anything about his legacy, he has another reason to care.

Funny thing, legacy. Did anyone notice that when Roethlisberger had that remarkable scramble in the superbowl, that Madden and Michaels compared him to - Tarkenton - and (I can't remember who else). I looked at the play and was thinking - that's a Favre play if I ever saw one. Not a word about Favre. Also, every time an up and coming QB is compared to one of the greats, Marino, Brady, Manning, Montana are mentioned - maybe even Unitis or one of the older greats - but almost never Favre. Favre is just not considered a great QB. It's a little strange, but when they talk of Favre, it's always the INTs, the 'chuck one up' mentality, and the playoff failures (whether he deserves the blame or not). It may be startling to some (myself included), but Favre's enduring legacy looks to be one of failure.

Cheesehead Craig
02-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Favre is just not considered a great QB. It's a little strange, but when they talk of Favre, it's always the INTs, the 'chuck one up' mentality, and the playoff failures (whether he deserves the blame or not). It may be startling to some (myself included), but Favre's enduring legacy looks to be one of failure.
Disagree entirely. Favre is rarely thought of by announcers for the INT legacy. They bring up his durability, and child-like love of the game and risktaking or "gunslinger" ability. I have yet to hear any national announcer bring up the INTs or the "chuck one up" mentality when describing him.

cpk1994
02-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Favre is just not considered a great QB. It's a little strange, but when they talk of Favre, it's always the INTs, the 'chuck one up' mentality, and the playoff failures (whether he deserves the blame or not). It may be startling to some (myself included), but Favre's enduring legacy looks to be one of failure.
Disagree entirely. Favre is rarely thought of by announcers for the INT legacy. They bring up his durability, and child-like love of the game and risktaking or "gunslinger" ability. I have yet to hear any national announcer bring up the INTs or the "chuck one up" mentality when describing him.This According to the media, Favre never makes a dumb mistake. It's ALWAYS "Oh he is just trying to make a play."

Gunakor
02-18-2009, 06:17 PM

Ever listen to Tony Kornheiser or Terry Bradshaw? He's still loved by the media.