PDA

View Full Version : Packers not on Peppers Radar?

Packman_26
02-18-2009, 02:54 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/18/peppers-picks-a-peck-of-possible-suitors/

This article says that assuming Peppers is tagged by the Panthers he has made a list of four teams he would accept a trade to, and the Packers are not on that list.

I find it interesting that the Cowboys are one of the teams in his four, since he and his agent most know that since the Cowboys do not have a 1st round pick the chances of him landing there are next to none. That leads me to believe that maybe all four teams on the list can't give the Panthers what they would require in return and this is simply a ploy to prevent the Panthers from tagging him by making the deal to those teams impossible.

I would also assume that his list if he hit the open market would be much larger than 4...

Packman_26
02-18-2009, 02:58 PM
I also forgot to mention that 2 of the rumored teams are within the Panthers division...

MadtownPacker
02-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Can't believe a damn thing any of these guys say. But enough about the posters on this forum, I think Peppers is bullshitting to set something up.

Zool
02-18-2009, 03:07 PM
:rs:

Waldo
02-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Sounds like he is playing chicken to avoid the tag.

Less than 24 hours now for Carolina to sign Gross before they have to decide on the tag.

One thing about the franchise tag and Peppers....

It is guaranteed, so even if he is traded and signs a new contract, that new contract must pay him the franchise amount (~17M) in the first year, signing bonus payments would have to be up front (no deferred payments).

Because of the uncapped year accounting rules this season, the absolute bare minimum any contract he could sign would have a 6.8M cap hit this year (13.6M SB, 3.4M salary) if he is franchised and traded.

If he is playing chicken to avoid the tag, chances are the team he actually wants to play for is not on the list of 4.

sheepshead
02-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I wonder what's behind this. I have seen him a few times interviewed and he seems like a reasonable guy.

The Shadow
02-18-2009, 04:53 PM
BE a Pepper!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8DWf-rSHn0