PDA

View Full Version : jets cut guard brandon moore

red
02-20-2009, 08:49 PM
anyone know much about him?

he's started every game the last 4 years, and was only cut because he was due an insane amount of money this year

he's 28 or 29

is he any good?

as long as he has 2 legs he would have to be better then the guards we currently have IMO

MJZiggy
02-20-2009, 08:54 PM
How often did Brett wind up running for his life last season?

Waldo
02-20-2009, 09:15 PM
How often did Brett wind up running for his life last season?

Not enough, obviously.

KYPack
02-20-2009, 10:07 PM
That's funny they cut him. He's a pretty good hand. I watched some of the Jet's games last week on NFL replay 'cause BF retired.

In the early go, Moore at RG outplayed Faneca at LG. Moore is experienced and can do it all. Good pass pro, very mobile. So so on his drive blocking, he's kind of a skinny guy for a guard, that's where the real fat guys usually play. He has a strange tendency to fall down a lot on pulls, slides, ya know, when he shouldn't be on the turf.

He's a C+ - B- kind of player. He's in good shape and gives an all game effort. He's much better than say, Moll. Slightly better than Spitz, for real. He's a RG, could play LG quite easily, but not a tackle at all.

With TT's Kids kids Kids thing, I doubt we'd sign him, but he is the kind of FA you'd look at.

Waldo
02-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Thing is I think our most promising G is Sitton, the kid has serious stud potential, he's already a heck of a lot better run blocker than Spitz.

KYPack
02-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Thing is I think our most promising G is Sitton, the kid has serious stud potential, he's already a heck of a lot better run blocker than Spitz.

Agreed.

I want 5 root hoggin', run blockin', OLineman who can pass protect.

We must have some guys who can slick back their ears and run block when we need 1 or 2 yards. I think Sitton is that kind of cat. I liked Barbre in that kind of role at LG, but I guess he's out wide now. I'd like them to sign a guy like Moore (if not him a guy like him), get rid of Moll and shape an effective OLine.

Everybody is raving about the Big 3 (or big 4) rookie OT's in this draft. think we'll snag one of those guys?