PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Nascar Thread

digitaldean
02-22-2009, 09:20 PM
OK, I'm a little late in posting something. But I had to get this in for those NASCAR fans.

Big shout out to #17 Wisconsin's own Matt Kenseth for his 2nd straight win! Held off Jeff Gordon at the end to win it.

Hopefully, this can be kept up during the racing season. (with a little more timeliness than this post) :oops: [/i]

Little Whiskey
02-22-2009, 10:02 PM
it was nice to see him win again. he is def. a fav. to win next week too. could go 3 for 3. He races very well at thes intemediate tracks.

LL2
02-23-2009, 08:49 AM
I also think it's great to see Kennseth win again. He's off to a great start. Hopefully he wins 9-10 races this year. I'm not that knowledgeable about NASCAR, but that is what it seems to take to win the Cup. If anything this win diminishes the naysayers and whiners over his Daytona 500 win.

I think I'm going to have to get me a #17 ball cap. I just wish there was a different version that R&L trucking and Dewalt. The DeWalt one is cool, but I wish the other one was say Lienenkugel (a Wisconsin beer!).

HarveyWallbangers
02-23-2009, 09:51 AM
His new crew chief is working wonders. Maybe Matt is getting some mojo going with Blink--similar to what he had with Reiser.

sheepshead
02-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I dont get nascar. I tried watching once on tv. Not my thing I guess.

SkinBasket
02-23-2009, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the update.

sheepshead
02-23-2009, 03:31 PM

Thanks for the update.

LOL..yeah yeah yeah

Little Whiskey
02-23-2009, 09:53 PM

Sheep, do you want to "get" nascar?

as i've said in a couple other threads. really only two steps to get into nascar. pick a driver to root for and pick one to root against. if you need suggestions for either step just ask. If you had rule or strategy questions ask.

Little Whiskey
02-23-2009, 09:58 PM
I just wish there was a different version that R&L trucking and Dewalt. The DeWalt one is cool, but I wish the other one was say Lienenkugel (a Wisconsin beer!).

Here is your "non-dewalt non-R&L" hat.

http://www.mattkensethstore.com/assets/250/1627.jpg

LL2
02-24-2009, 09:05 AM
I just wish there was a different version that R&L trucking and Dewalt. The DeWalt one is cool, but I wish the other one was say Lienenkugel (a Wisconsin beer!).

Cool! I can get one of those to add to my General Lee hat, and before ya know it I have a red neck hat collection!

Little Whiskey
02-24-2009, 10:37 AM

Cool! I can get one of those to add to my General Lee hat, and before ya know it I have a red neck hat collection!

it takes more than that!

LL2
03-01-2009, 07:33 AM
Can Kennseth go 3-0...it will be tough starting from the 40th position. Maybe Earnhardt can crash our 9 cars for him again.

Little Whiskey
03-01-2009, 02:30 PM
This is a track that he typically does very very well at. Usually kenseth doesn't qualify well. I'm not worried about his starting spot.

Little Whiskey
03-01-2009, 05:05 PM
first to last! engine issue

LL2
03-01-2009, 05:18 PM
A blown engine and a blown opportunity.

digitaldean
03-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Horrible day for Roush.. multiple cars w/blown engines.

I knew he wouldn't win, but having a day like this is a kick in the stones. Really gives you a hit in the points.

Little Whiskey
03-02-2009, 05:41 PM
To only make 7 laps. really less than that since he was complaining of engine problems shortly after the start. what the hell are they doing?! had to be an issue after final practice. how do you not catch an engine issue during their post-practice inspection? change engines and drop to the back of the pack. your already starting towards the back whats a few more spots. nice to see labonte finish towards the top