PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Hunters

Fosco33
07-10-2006, 09:41 PM
I've been playing this game all along on NBC and watching the episodes. It's kind of a mix b/w 'The Amazing Race' and a lesson in American history.

There's an online component where you can play along and be eligible for a decent cash payout.

I'm starting this thread for anyone interested in discussing the game (hints to complete challenges, final location guess, etc.).

To date I've got through all the challenges and have been formulating my final location - each week I'm feeling more confident with my guess :smile:

Anyone interested in playing along can always start now - you only need one correct guess in the 8-9 week program to be eligible to win.

BallHawk
07-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Love the show. I think Air Force, Southie Boys, or Ex-Cia will eventually win. The Fogals annoy the hell out of me and I enjoy seeing them suffer. Kayte is a spoiled bitch and I can't stand her.

The online game is pretty simplistic, even though having to get the key tonight was annoying. I'm going to be hearing 'clink...clink' in my sleep. I love the show because I'm a big history buff.

Fosco33
07-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Love the show. I think Air Force, Southie Boys, or Ex-Cia will eventually win. The Fogals annoy the hell out of me and I enjoy seeing them suffer. Kayte is a spoiled bitch and I can't stand her.

The online game is pretty simplistic, even though having to get the key tonight was annoying. I'm going to be hearing 'clink...clink' in my sleep. I love the show because I'm a big history buff.

Ha. I totally agree with you on all accounts. The online game has to be pretty simplistic as NBC is playing to the masses. Now, the PoTC online game is a bit trickier, IMO.

It's pretty neat to have incentives to learn about history/locations of America. We should be using these types of teaching techniques in our schools - if we're not already.

All the Freemason connections are ridiculous. I even learned today who wrote 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' - Sarah Hale. She married a Freemason - random, very random and not related to the actual game.

Tank would love to read 'The Latimer Journal and North Star' found in the jail cell in #4. http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~taep/latimer/ljns2.jpg

My final location guess is centering around Jefferson - and not his memorial (and it happens to be exactly 20 characters long). :wink:

BallHawk
07-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Now, the PoTC online game is a bit trickier, IMO.

What's that?

Fosco33
07-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Now, the PoTC online game is a bit trickier, IMO.

What's that?

Volvo sponsored a game called, 'The Hunt' based on the Pirates of The Caribbean movie recently released.

If you want to catch up and have some time, the 'semi-finals' start tomorrow at 11 AM PST and the first 3 people to find the final location have a chance to win a new Volvo XC90. Realistically, it's near impossible to be one of those 3 people but the puzzles are pretty fun to solve. If you need some clues there's a site out there with lots of spoilers http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=182

http://thehunt.volvocars.net/us/thehunt

BallHawk
07-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Yeah I wanted to do that, but do you have to stop at a Volvo dealer?

Fosco33
07-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Yeah I wanted to do that, but do you have to stop at a Volvo dealer?

Yes, you need a 'map' with a unique code to register and be eligible for the prize. I called ahead first and made sure they didn't force a test drive or something stupid like that - just had to pick one up.

At this point, it would be tough to play the game (w/o cheating) and get the map. You can always play for fun though.