PDA

View Full Version : Dawkins to the Broncos

PackerPro42
03-01-2009, 08:32 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3942161

Fritz
03-01-2009, 08:37 AM
You know, I like Brian Dawkins, I really do. But if you've just canned your longtime coach/GM and cut an expensive player from the D-line and are switching to a 3-4, why sign a 36 year old safety? If you were one guy away from the Super Bowl - Green Bay trading for Eugene Robinsosn, for example - yeah, sure. Go get Brian Dawkins.

But what the hell are the Broncos doing? Tossing around Jay Cutler, cutting expensive guys like you're going to start over with a young team, then signing a 36 year old safety to a big contract to play a defense he hasn't played?

I see disaster written all over this new Denver regime.

Fred's Slacks
03-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Seems really similar to the last regime. Build through Free Agency and consistently be average to above average.

KYPack
03-01-2009, 09:10 AM
You know, I like Brian Dawkins, I really do. But if you've just canned your longtime coach/GM and cut an expensive player from the D-line and are switching to a 3-4, why sign a 36 year old safety? If you were one guy away from the Super Bowl - Green Bay trading for Eugene Robinsosn, for example - yeah, sure. Go get Brian Dawkins.

But what the hell are the Broncos doing? Tossing around Jay Cutler, cutting expensive guys like you're going to start over with a young team, then signing a 36 year old safety to a big contract to play a defense he hasn't played?

I see disaster written all over this new Denver regime.

I agree.

There's smoke coming out of the engine room in Denver.

The ponies got snookered in that Cassell deal. They pissed off their current starter and totally missed out on getting Cassell.

Pioli?

He looks great so far. Got an established starter and an experienced old vet to help stablize the D for a #2 pick? Christ, let him trade away the whole draft if he can get that kind of return.