PDA

View Full Version : Are we getting anything this year?

Tony Oday
03-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I know we are never that big into FA but it would be kind of fun to see hell I dont know a lineman sign....either side of the ball please...I do not mind building through the draft and long haul and blah blah blah...but come on it doesnt mean I want to see us get our asses kicked this year. We have the offense to win now...we have stud coaches and some players on defense...would be nice to augment them!

So What is still out there?

Peppers...I still think we get him and will for some reason

I really don't know what is left...Im not looking for a stud just a fat guy that eats up blockers...

red
03-01-2009, 05:36 PM
OMG

HOW NEGATIVE OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

igor olshansky is almost a must sign at this point. many people won't want to hear it, but it's true imo

if we don't get him, then i would almost except our run d to be just as pathetic this year as it was last year. rookies aren't going to help us win this year, and there isn't anything else out there, d-line wise, that looks to help us at all

packers11
03-01-2009, 05:45 PM
THE FA pool isn't that strong this year...

I wanted to see Igor or Canty at the DE spot... Now we only have a chance at Igor...

The rest of the players out there don't really interest me... Would have like to see Bart Scott but he's already taken...

Waldo
03-01-2009, 05:53 PM
THE FA pool isn't that strong this year...

I wanted to see Igor or Canty at the DE spot... Now we only have a chance at Igor...

The rest of the players out there don't really interest me... Would have like to see Bart Scott but he's already taken...

Thing is:

Steelers don't spend on FA's
49ers need offense
Dallas has no $$
NE has no need
The Jets blew $$
Denver has blown their $$
Chargers don't want him
Browns have a ton of $$ in their DL
Arizona has more pressing issues (Warner, Boldin)

Igor's more of a 3-4 guy

Kinda just leaves us and Miami as potential suitors.

digitaldean
03-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Somebody brought this up earlier... but Canty seemed like Levar Arrington v2.0.

Didn't think much of our chances to get him. Same with Cole, but to a lesser degree.

I do think that free agency is a necessity. It's a part of the puzzle. That and combined with shrewd drafting make your team. Not just all of one or the other.

TT has made some moves like Woodson and Pickett in FA. But know we need to get some talent in at D-Line, TE and O-Line. There is talent out there in FA that can help NOW. Chillar was OK, but nowhere near the impact of a Pickett or CW.

It's obvious TT is his own man and doesn't take a lot of stock in the general public's commentary of his choices. That being said, he does have to get some starting talent in.

We have the cap room, either get deals done with existing talent to lock them in or sign some new FA's to get this team moved up in talent.

Fritz
03-01-2009, 06:09 PM
I would like to see TT go after Olshansky, but I'm not going to rip the team to shreds if they don't get him. Every year there's some guy TT HAS to get, every year he doesn't get him, and every year is 13-3 or 6-10. So none of us really know, do we?

Lurker64
03-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Kinda just leaves us and Miami as potential suitors.

I wonder if being from Dnipropetrovsk will make him more or less likely to prefer Miami for reasons of weather.

Fritz
03-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Just the opposite. Green Bay will remind him of home sweet home.

If he comes for a visit, put some one ply toilet paper in the youth hostel you put him up at, and you'll have yourself a football player ready to sign.

Bretsky
03-01-2009, 08:22 PM
OK, I AM NOT CAUGHT UP YET.....but I've just added up......that

We didn't get Canty

PUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!