PDA

View Full Version : The Packers reportedly plan to pursue Igor

packers11
03-01-2009, 10:45 PM
www.rotoworld.com

The Packers reportedly plan to pursue free agent DE Igor Olshansky after losing out on Chris Canty.

Olshansky has never been as productive as Canty, but he should come at half the price. Green Bay needs competition for projected LE Johnny Jolly Jr.

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

3irty1
03-01-2009, 11:00 PM
http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2008/03/Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

Gooooooooooooood

digitaldean
03-01-2009, 11:02 PM

Gooooooooooooood

Who knew Igor was Darth Siddious??

Lurker64
03-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Olshansky has never been as productive as Canty, but he should come at half the price. Green Bay needs competition for projected LE Johnny Jolly Jr.

Not true at all. In 2007, Olshansky was unquestionably more productive than Canty.

Olshansky recorded 49 tackles (35 solo) to Canty's 43 tackles (30 solo), matched him with 3.5 sacks, exceeded him with 3 passes defensed to 2 and recorded one interception to Canty's 0 INTs.

People need to not say "never" when they mean "not usually."

packers11
03-01-2009, 11:07 PM
hahaha 3irty1 your post was to funny...

^ had to put that out there... :lol:

Guiness
03-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Why wait until now? If they were interested in him, they should've gotten him in here by now, instead of concentrating on just Canty, especially after it became clear Canty was going to stop off a few other places first.

Anyone remember the 'The Runaway Jury'? Fitch just wanted to hurry and get past Plan A so he could get started on Plan B, or C or D. Plan A never works, and is just a fucking waste of time.

So why didn't the Packers start on Plan B about 4 days ago?

BallHawk
03-02-2009, 12:35 AM
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/4159/igor.jpg

Are we sure this guy is gonna help shore up our D-Line?

oregonpackfan
03-02-2009, 12:44 AM
A grand prize will be awarded to the first PackerRat to successfully name where Olshansky played his college ball!

Chevelle2
03-02-2009, 12:45 AM
A grand prize will be awarded to the first PackerRat to successfully name where Olshansky played his college ball!

Oregon Ducks!

Whats my prize.

:D

Waldo
03-02-2009, 12:45 AM

Oregon. :D

Lurker64
03-02-2009, 01:22 AM

Autzen Stadium, Eugene Oregon.

BallHawk
03-02-2009, 01:36 AM

Oregon Ducks!

Whats my prize.

Portland Trailblazers season tickets.

Congratulations. You must be thrilled.

mission
03-02-2009, 01:44 AM

Oregon Ducks!

Whats my prize.

Poor Chevelle deserves a prize... he got banned today :cry: :P

(heavy hands over there huh?)

Fritz
03-02-2009, 05:56 AM

Gooooooooooooood

I thought that was Ozzy Osbourne!

Waldo
03-02-2009, 07:46 AM

Gooooooooooooood

I thought that was Ozzy Osbourne!

Lieberman

Fritz
03-02-2009, 08:24 AM
I wonder if Thompson has directed his minions to contact Olshanky's agent, if they haven't already done so.

I believe Igor's agent is Dr. Frankenstein.

LL2
03-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Why wait until now? If they were interested in him, they should've gotten him in here by now, instead of concentrating on just Canty, especially after it became clear Canty was going to stop off a few other places first.

Anyone remember the 'The Runaway Jury'? Fitch just wanted to hurry and get past Plan A so he could get started on Plan B, or C or D. Plan A never works, and is just a fucking waste of time.

So why didn't the Packers start on Plan B about 4 days ago?

Well, if TT moved quicker to Plan B or C then things would get done quicker and then TT wouldn't look like the inactive free agent turtle that he is.

imscott72
03-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Relax everybody. We're going to fill our end positions through the draft. :roll:

Lurker64
03-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Well, if TT moved quicker to Plan B or C then things would get done quicker and then TT wouldn't look like the inactive free agent turtle that he is.

I don't really get the perception that Thompson is especially inactive in Free Agency, since only about a third of the league ever signs anybody in the first weekend of free agency. There are even teams that are significantly less active in FA than the Packers (the Steelers, for instance.)

Really, the reason to not sign Olshansky right away during the first weekend of FA is that he'll come much cheaper is you wait five days. Everybody gets more expensive when you start banging down their doors.

retailguy
03-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Relax everybody. We're going to fill our end positions through the draft. :roll:

That's what happens when you're smarter than the "average" polar bear. :wink:

oregonpackfan
03-02-2009, 01:01 PM

Oregon Ducks!

Whats my prize.

The Grand Prize goes to the first responder with the correct answer--Chevell!

The Prize is a free salmon dinner. The only stipulation is that you have to come out here to Oregon to collect it! :)

retailguy
03-02-2009, 01:08 PM

Oregon Ducks!

Whats my prize.

The Grand Prize goes to the first responder with the correct answer--Chevell!

The Prize is a free salmon dinner. The only stipulation is that you have to come out here to Oregon to collect it! :)

Mmmm. It's worth it! I miss Pacific Northwest salmon.... :(