PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall Arrested

Joemailman
03-02-2009, 06:31 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=523201

It just keeps getting better and better for the Broncos. He was suspended 3 games last year. It could be more this year. If I were Cutler, I might ask to be traded.

sheepshead
03-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Geez, talk about imploding fast. Elways gotta be just shaking his head these days.

Fritz
03-02-2009, 07:48 AM
As I said in another post, I am way less than impressed with the initial moves of the new regime. They start dumping big salaries, so you're thinking, okay, youth movement, starting over - then they sign a 36 year old safety to play in a defense he hasn't played in before (that I know of). Then they piss of their young QB by considering a trade or at least seeming to - though they deny this.

They seem to be a looming trainwreck. This might be the kind of organization you can fleece in a trade...hmmm....

KYPack
03-02-2009, 08:10 AM
As I said in another post, I am way less than impressed with the initial moves of the new regime. They start dumping big salaries, so you're thinking, okay, youth movement, starting over - then they sign a 36 year old safety to play in a defense he hasn't played in before (that I know of). Then they piss of their young QB by considering a trade or at least seeming to - though they deny this.

They seem to be a looming trainwreck. This might be the kind of organization you can fleece in a trade...hmmm....

It sure does.

Bowlen got totally sick of Shanny's crap. He owned the team and wanted to re-assert his control. The new young coach and the new young GM both report directly to Bowlen. Most teams (like the Pack) have the coach reporting to, or working in concert with the GM. Not Denver. Bowlen controls 'em both. The young GM (Xanders) appears to be in way over his head.

I feel a big piece of the Cutler fiasco was Bowlen. Pat B was trying to rid his team of anybody who could buck him. Not only that, Shanny would have totally supported Cutler. Bowlen wanted Cutler gone and have the ability to start over with his own QB. The Bronc's were a day late and a dollar short and the Cutler move was all screwed up. In large part because of Bowlen's meddling.

This is all good. I've had major Bronco hate since SB 32. They have made a number of moves in FA, but have they spent wisely? i hope not.

Fritz
03-02-2009, 08:22 AM
I know it's in part fantasy to imagine fleecing an NFL team, surely teams are always looking for the loose-screw owner or the desperate GM they can get advantage of.

Guess I'd be scouring Denver's roster and come draft day I'd be waiting to see how the draft fell, so come pick nine if there was no one I was in love with I could try at least to grab Denver's #13 plus a third - if in fact Denver's owner wants to start over with a new QB and Sanchez or Stafford is sitting there.

Just dreaming.