PDA

View Full Version : Free Agents I would still pursue

ND72
03-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Igor Olshansky - We need DL depth at least.
Mike Peterson - Questionable, but I like compeition, especially at LB.
L.J. Smith - Why not?
Napoleon Harris - Again, I like competition, and I think Harris is not too bad.
Khalif Barnes - pretty good young tackle, even though I think we have our future on the team already between Colledge & Barbre
Jim Leonard - Yes, we have starting safeties, is Leonard a starter? no, that's why we bring him in. OH, and he's from Wisconsin.
Tank Johnson - Not gonna lie, I liked the guy in Chicago.
Kynan Forney - Competition at Guard could be huge.
Shaun Cody - I think he could be a good DE in a 3-4
Elton Brown - Young Guard who has shown flashes of talent.
C.J. Mosley - Young DT/DE 3-4 type
Ray Willis - Young OT
Kyle Boller - I'm kidding! Just checking if you're actually reading.
Antwan Peek - Has played in Capers 3-4 in Texas, has been OK in it.
William Joseph - Has been a decent "fill-guy".
Keyaron Fox - LB from Pittsburgh, need I say more?

So there's the list I have for now, I'm sure there are more, but I thought I'd find a few I wouldn't mind going after or having in camp next summer.

sheepshead
03-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the yucks on Boller...

Waldo
03-02-2009, 03:07 PM
I think that you're missing some of the better guys out there.

Jermaine Phillips - Bucs SS, they got the $$, not sure why they aren't trying to get him back, he's a real good S, the best one on the FA market this year.

Sean Jones - Brown SS, younger than Phillips. Phillips is more of the good cover guy with moderate box ability, Jones is more a good box guy with moderate cover ability. Jones and Phillips both would be upgrades over Bigby.

Jovan Haye - Undersized DT with real long arms. A productive pass rusher in '07, not so much in '08, though he played through a torn groin all season. Solid DE conversion option, he got his start as a street FA that finally put it together in Tampa, much like Bigby for us (he's from Jamaica too). He has some 3-4 experience from his year in Cleveland.

Mike Wright - DE/DT swing guy for the Pats the last few seasons, looking for a starting gig or increased playing time elsewhere.

SkinBasket
03-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Jim Leonard - Yes, we have starting safeties, is Leonard a starter? no, that's why we bring him in. OH, and he's from Wisconsin.

You seem to have gotten this one backward? Should read No, we don't have starting safeties. We have one and three guys that if you merged all of their positives would be a starter. Is Leonard a starter? Yes. He started and called the plays for a defense that finished 5th in yards allowed, 8th against the pass, and 6th against the run. Plus he returns punts. Not sure how you take the revolving door of mediocrity that is Bigby, Rouse, and Peprah over him.

Bretsky
03-02-2009, 08:16 PM

You seem to have gotten this one backward? Should read No, we don't have starting safeties. We have one and three guys that if you merged all of their positives would be a starter. Is Leonard a starter? Yes. He started and called the plays for a defense that finished 5th in yards allowed, 8th against the pass, and 6th against the run. Plus he returns punts. Not sure how you take the revolving door of mediocrity that is Bigby, Rouse, and Peprah over him.

I actually hope Jim Leonard resigns with the Ravens; he's one of my favorite players in the NFL.

Love the guys heart and intelligence.

But still not convinced he's thrive in any system. He did very well with Baltimore so I hope he stays there and plays another ten years

red
03-02-2009, 08:44 PM

Jermaine Phillips - Bucs SS, they got the $$, not sure why they aren't trying to get him back, he's a real good S, the best one on the FA market this year.

Sean Jones - Brown SS, younger than Phillips. Phillips is more of the good cover guy with moderate box ability, Jones is more a good box guy with moderate cover ability. Jones and Phillips both would be upgrades over Bigby.

Jovan Haye - Undersized DT with real long arms. A productive pass rusher in '07, not so much in '08, though he played through a torn groin all season. Solid DE conversion option, he got his start as a street FA that finally put it together in Tampa, much like Bigby for us (he's from Jamaica too). He has some 3-4 experience from his year in Cleveland.

Mike Wright - DE/DT swing guy for the Pats the last few seasons, looking for a starting gig or increased playing time elsewhere.

he was signed earlier today by the titans

Waldo
03-02-2009, 09:44 PM

he was signed earlier today by the titans

Yeah right after I posted that.