PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Cromartie reportedly on trade block

packers11
03-02-2009, 08:28 PM
www.rotoworld.com

The Chargers will reportedly put Antonio Cromartie on the trade block if they're able to sign free agent Drayton Florence.
Adding Florence would set up San Diego nicely. 2008 first-round pick Antoine Cason is ready to start and Quentin Jammer is locked up cheaply long term. Cromartie is the Bolts' most physically gifted corner, but he's coming off a rough season and his rookie contract is two years from expiration.

Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

Related: Drayton Florence

I was looking on SD forums... They said they would be happy if they got a 2nd for him... I would trade our 2nd round pick in a heart beat for this guy...

mission
03-02-2009, 08:31 PM
In. A. Heart. Beat.

I can picture Harris all up in arms immediately following the news, though... something to do with his youth-movement conspiracy and all that.

Partial
03-02-2009, 08:33 PM
I'd personally rather try to trade the two thirds, but yeah, he's a good player and i'd like to have him.

red
03-02-2009, 08:41 PM
wow, would that be nice

but, i'm not holding my breath

Fred's Slacks
03-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Anyone know why he struggled last year? He was a BEAST the year before. Looked like the best corner in the league. Why the drop off? I guess their whole defense was much worse last year. Does Meriman really make that big a difference?

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-02-2009, 08:51 PM
In. A. Heart. Beat.

I can picture Harris all up in arms immediately following the news, though... something to do with his youth-movement conspiracy and all that.

Your right Harris would be gone if we got him.

Guiness
03-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Why would they be wanted to get rid of Cromartrie, their first rounder last year??? Signing bonus is payed, he should be relatively cheap for the duration of his contract. Even if he isn't starting, you can never have too many corners, and should he not at least be able to be a nickel back?

Something's wrong here...you don't just toss your first rounder out with the wash. We even hung on to Ahmad longer than that, and he showed NOTHING.

mission
03-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Why would they be wanted to get rid of Cromartrie, their first rounder last year??? Signing bonus is payed, he should be relatively cheap for the duration of his contract. Even if he isn't starting, you can never have too many corners, and should he not at least be able to be a nickel back?

Something's wrong here...you don't just toss your first rounder out with the wash. We even hung on to Ahmad longer than that, and he showed NOTHING.

You're thinking of DRC in Arizona I think... his cousin. Even though I'm pretty sure AC was a first rounder a couple/few years ago.

Partial
03-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Cromartie was in the Hawk draft. This was his 3rd year. I don't think he was anywhere near as good as people thought he was because he isn't at all physical, but he certainly is a great athlete and made a lot of picks.

PackerPro42
03-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Anyone know why he struggled last year? He was a BEAST the year before. Looked like the best corner in the league. Why the drop off? I guess their whole defense was much worse last year. Does Meriman really make that big a difference?

I'm pretty sure he played through a fractured hip all last year.

Guiness
03-02-2009, 10:14 PM

You're thinking of DRC in Arizona I think... his cousin. Even though I'm pretty sure AC was a first rounder a couple/few years ago.

Who me? I didn't say anything 8-)

:oops: ok, maybe I mixed the guys up...

bobblehead
03-02-2009, 11:47 PM

I'm pretty sure he played through a fractured hip all last year.
If that is true it would make sense as fractured hips can turn degenerative and result in hip replacement...which would end his career.

pasquale
03-03-2009, 03:16 PM
maybe put chuckie in the safety spot again?