PDA

View Full Version : Packers interested in LB K. Burnett. No visit scheduled.

gbpackfan
03-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Here's another article about TT being "interested" in a player that could help us but failing to set up a visit. What is this guy's deal. I understand spending wisely but a good GM knows what free agents they want and GO GET THEM. Blah, blah, blah....I won't bore you anymore with my crying, here is the article.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/40694367.html

Bretsky
03-04-2009, 07:09 AM
funny how these JS guys have to absolutely reach for stories noting
GB may be interested..................but havenot scheduled a visit.......while reporting a dude GB may be interested in has already scheduled visits with mutiple teams.

Patler
03-04-2009, 07:17 AM
funny how these JS guys have to absolutely reach for stories noting
GB may be interested..................but havenot scheduled a visit.......while reporting a dude GB may be interested in has already scheduled visits with mutiple teams.

............and has the interest of other teams..........who also have not yet scheduled visits.

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2009, 07:41 AM
Plus, he was visiting a team yesterday and will be visiting another team today.

possibly because the former University of Tennessee linebacker was in Oakland Tuesday and will be in San Diego Wednesday. Two other teams are interested in bringing in Burnett, but have not yet set up official visits.

Zool
03-04-2009, 09:04 AM
What?! JSO says Thompson is bad? Shocking.

wist43
03-04-2009, 09:16 AM
You have to remember that TT has stated that he, and the defensive coaching staff, like their front seven the way it is...

So in their view, there is no need to spend $$$ on a Bart Scott, Chris Canty, or Igor Olshansky.

imscott72
03-04-2009, 09:20 AM
You have to remember that TT has stated that he, and the defensive coaching staff, like their front seven the way it is...

So in their view, there is no need to spend $$$ on a Bart Scott, Chris Canty, or Igor Olshansky.

Does the front seven even have seven guys? :roll:

Bossman641
03-04-2009, 09:41 AM
This sounds like the kind of guy TT would be interested in. Young, backup for a few years, hasn't really gotten his shot yet. His measurables are certainly impressive, just wonder how much pass-rush ability he has.

3irty1
03-04-2009, 10:15 AM
I wonder what this would mean for the roster. We might end up with 10 LB's on the Roster. I have a hard time imagining that we won't draft at least somebody in a draft full of 250 lb pass rushers.

OLB: Kampman, Burnett, Thompson, draft pick, and Hunter
ILB: Hawk, Barnett, Chillar, Bishop
Both: Poppinga

That's not a bad looking LB corps. Lots of versatile players.

Waldo
03-04-2009, 10:25 AM
It's reported on Rotoworld that he's about to sign with the Chargers.

wist43
03-04-2009, 12:11 PM
I wonder what this would mean for the roster. We might end up with 10 LB's on the Roster. I have a hard time imagining that we won't draft at least somebody in a draft full of 250 lb pass rushers.

All of that junk adds up to 1.25 LB's...

Hawk = .75 LB
Barnett = .50 LB

Kampman are Thompson pure 4-3 DE's... the rest are fringe guys.
All in all, pretty pathetic.

3irty1
03-04-2009, 01:04 PM

All of that junk adds up to 1.25 LB's...

Hawk = .75 LB
Barnett = .50 LB

All in all, pretty pathetic.

I'll disagree with that. Thompson and Hunter could likely be better fits at OLB than they ever would have been at DE. As for Kampman, I wish we had 11 Kampmans because I'd put him everywhere. Chillar was the only LB last year who could man up with a TE reliably. You could do a lot worse than Poppinga as a backup. Bishop (and Hunter) have good special teams value and might have upside. As for Barnett and Hawk... I think its the other way around. Barnett = .75 and Hawk = .5 :lol:

Lurker64
03-04-2009, 01:09 PM

So the fact that Kampman was once a LB, and Thompson played exclusively with his hand off the ground and in space in college and came into the draft being labeled "his best position is probably OLB" mean those guys are pure 4-3 DEs?

I'd also like to point out that if Barnett comes back from his injury fully, Hawk and Barnett are basically exactly what you want as ILB in a Capers 3-4.