PDA

View Full Version : Peppers' Rumor?

The Shadow
03-04-2009, 06:06 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Audibles/2009/audibles2401.htm

red
03-04-2009, 06:12 PM
eh

its not saying anything most of the people on here don't know anyways

peppers might be a good fit for green bay because of the switch to the 3-4

but it'll never happen, tt wouldn't give up the draft picks to get him, and he wouldn't opony up the money it would cost to resign him

i love how the guy's title leads to you believe he'll end up in green bay or denver. just because some shlub things it would be a good idea

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Not happening. I don't even think he would sign him if he was avaliable as a free agent less enough giving up draft picks.

DonHutson
03-04-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure that even qualifies as a rumor. Just one anonymous guy brainstorming about where Peppers might be a fit.

pbmax
03-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Give up draft picks, huge money and sign a player closer to 30 rather than 20? Unless Ted resigns, this person is talking out of their hat. And Julius Peppers is no Reggie White.

Waldo
03-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Funny thing is I don't think that anybody wants to take him off Carolina's hands.

Jared was a MUCH better player to trade for. Big Al hadn't just been signed, he was younger, more effective, and is known for having a good motor, unlike Julius.

With Julius' contract demands, I doubt that Carolina gets more than 2nd round value for him. All the big players have already blown all their bucks. There really aren't a lot of teams left that could afford his contract given the Deion rule, and most of those typically aren't big shoppers.

Carolina might be stuck with him.

Patler
03-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Funny thing is I don't think that anybody wants to take him off Carolina's hands.

Jared was a MUCH better player to trade for. Big Al hadn't just been signed, he was younger, more effective, and is known for having a good motor, unlike Julius.

With Julius' contract demands, I doubt that Carolina gets more than 2nd round value for him. All the big players have already blown all their bucks. There really aren't a lot of teams left that could afford his contract given the Deion rule, and most of those typically aren't big shoppers.

I wonder if Peppers has accepted the tender offer? I could see Carolina trying to work out a trade until the draft, then revoking the franchise designation and letting him walk if they can't put a deal together.

Harlan Huckleby
03-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure that even qualifies as a rumor. Just one anonymous guy brainstorming about where Peppers might be a fit.

what do you mean, it sure as hell is a rumor now, we're talking about it. It meets the rumor threshold.

SnakeLH2006
03-05-2009, 03:13 AM

LOL. Snake laughs...Love ya bro, but you have been advocating the Peppers shit for some time. Money no. Picks no. Allen at 25 when that went down...maybe at that money.

As great of a poster you've been, Waldo, your continued reach for Peppers is absurd. Money-wise hell no, esp. with a 2nd and 3rd too. Give it up.

DonHutson
03-05-2009, 03:25 PM

what do you mean, it sure as hell is a rumor now, we're talking about it. It meets the rumor threshold.

I mean, the guy states two facts: 1) the Packers are switching to a 3-4, and 2) the Packers are well under the cap. Those aren't rumors, they're reality.

He doesn't suggest any negotiations or mutual interest between the Packers and Peppers. He simply connects the two facts above. And since we don't know who the guy is, we don't really know if he's in a position to know anything beyond the two facts he shared.

Now if someone says they saw Peppers at Austin-Straubel, or that Ted's paperboy's cousin's veterenerian said Ted was hot for Peppers... I'd call that a rumor.

LL2
03-05-2009, 03:44 PM
I'd be all for bring Pepper's to the Packers. As long as it doesn't cost the Packers their #9 pick in the draft. Have Peppers replace Poppinga. Could you imagine a line of Peppers / Hawk / Barnett / Kampman...that would be sweet!

Fritz
03-05-2009, 04:50 PM

I mean, the guy states two facts: 1) the Packers are switching to a 3-4, and 2) the Packers are well under the cap. Those aren't rumors, they're reality.

He doesn't suggest any negotiations or mutual interest between the Packers and Peppers. He simply connects the two facts above. And since we don't know who the guy is, we don't really know if he's in a position to know anything beyond the two facts he shared.

Now if someone says they saw Peppers at Austin-Straubel, or that Ted's paperboy's cousin's veterenerian said Ted was hot for Peppers... I'd call that a rumor.

Fact: Fritz has the hots for Drew Barrymore.

Fact: Fritz is single. Drew Barrymore is single.

Hmmm...I think Fritz and Drew Barrymore would be a good fit!

With the above, I am hoping on some other thread some poster will someday write "Say, isn't that Fritz poster guy dating Drew Barrymore? That's what I heard! And I think that right guard of the Packers, that Barbre guy, he punched a coach last spring. That's why he didn't start."

packer4life
03-05-2009, 08:13 PM
of all chicks, drew barrymore!? she is a hog

Joemailman
03-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Where'd you go on vacation Fritz?

http://www.yourcelebritystuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/drew-barrymore_justin-long_mexico.jpg

MJZiggy
03-05-2009, 08:23 PM
*sigh* I should have hair like that...

red
03-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Where'd you go on vacation Fritz?

http://www.yourcelebritystuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/drew-barrymore_justin-long_mexico.jpg

shut up?

she's nailing warren cheswick?

i need to move to hollywood, i guess the standards aren't too high out there

Bossman641
03-05-2009, 09:05 PM
of all chicks, drew barrymore!? she is a hog

I agree with packer4life. I don't think she's a hog, but come on Fritz. There's much better than her.

Guiness
03-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Way to throw this thread WAY off-topic KY!

My kudos for your taste in women - I like her. She flashed Letterman, and married Tom Green. I think you've got a chance!

Bretsky
03-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Back on topic

Red might have a better chance nailing the girl in the pic that TT does delivering Peppers to us

Guiness
03-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Mmmm. Put me down for $20 on Red.

Bretsky
03-05-2009, 09:50 PM
I got $50 on Red too

red
03-05-2009, 10:19 PM
thanks for the vote of confidence guys

i think :?

MJZiggy
03-06-2009, 06:26 AM
You don't think you have it in you to take Drew Barrymore away from Warren Chesnick?

(isn't she like 30 years older than he is?)

Fritz
03-06-2009, 07:12 AM
I got $50 on Red too

Hey, I'M the one who's going to be nailing Drew Barrymore, okay?

Let's get our wild, half-assed insane rumors straight here, people, okay?

And yes, I do have a chance with her, if only I could meet her. And I also think it's funny how flippin' critical so many guys are about women that those same guys would never be able to get near.

Drew Barrymore is an attractive woman. She may not be your type - okay. But calling her a hog? yeah, right.

hurleyfan
03-06-2009, 07:30 AM
You don't think you have it in you to take Drew Barrymore away from Warren Chesnick?

(isn't she like 30 years older than he is?)

Is he the Apple guy?

Partial
03-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Justin Long and Drew Barrymore? I'm burned out on Justin Long, though I did think that "He's just not that into you" was actually pretty damn funny!

SnakeLH2006
03-06-2009, 11:13 PM
I got $50 on Red too

And yes, I do have a chance with her, if only I could meet her. And I also think it's funny how flippin' critical so many guys are about women that those same guys would never be able to get near.

Drew Barrymore is an attractive woman. She may not be your type - okay. But calling her a hog? yeah, right.

Who hasn't? :lol: 8-) Her shit was last serviceable in high school probably...and that may be a stretch. :D Snake's nailed a ton hotter than her. Not to discredit those who haven't, but why are U focused on her? She's old. How old RU? Just asking Fritzy Baby? :lol:

DonHutson
03-07-2009, 03:18 PM
I got $50 on Red too

Sorry Fritz. That's the trouble with rumors. Once you start them, you can't control them.

But I for one support your crush on Lionel Barrymore.

(See, there it goes again. Beyond your control.)

KYPack
03-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Let's bump an old, moldy thread dept...

I don't think the wackiest of us thinks we'll get Peppers, but NFL.COM (Which is gettin' a little edgier, BTW) thinks the Patriots might:

According to Vic Carucci of NFL.com, the Pats are expected to make a run at Carolina’s franchise player.

The deal reportedly would involve the Patriots sending to Carolina the second-round pick (No. 34 overall) obtained in the trade that sent quarterback Matt Cassel to Kansas City.

The two teams reportedly would like to complete the transaction at some point between the upcoming league meetings (March 22-25) and the April draft.

Can't we have him, please?

mission
03-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Let's bump an old, moldy thread dept...

I don't think the wackiest of us thinks we'll get Peppers, but NFL.COM (Which is gettin' a little edgier, BTW) thinks the Patriots might:

According to Vic Carucci of NFL.com, the Pats are expected to make a run at Carolina’s franchise player.

The deal reportedly would involve the Patriots sending to Carolina the second-round pick (No. 34 overall) obtained in the trade that sent quarterback Matt Cassel to Kansas City.

The two teams reportedly would like to complete the transaction at some point between the upcoming league meetings (March 22-25) and the April draft.

Can't we have him, please?

I'd take him for our 2nd and a top 3rd

TigerFang
03-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Justin Long and Drew Barrymore? I'm burned out on Justin Long, though I did think that "He's just not that into you" was actually pretty damn funny!

My little sister liked that movie too. Don't want to be creepy but which girl in your picture are you? Whichever one it is, you've got to be cute.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-16-2009, 06:05 PM

My little sister liked that movie too. Don't want to be creepy but which girl in your picture are you? Whichever one it is, you've got to be cute.

I just thew up in my mouth.

red
03-16-2009, 06:17 PM

lol

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Partial
03-16-2009, 06:24 PM
LOL I got served. It's called Valentine's day and a girlfriend folks :oops:

mission
03-16-2009, 06:34 PM

lol

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that shit was hilarious... especially for a new poster (or a new Tyrone alias)

:lol: :lol:

Partial
03-16-2009, 07:52 PM
:lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
03-16-2009, 08:20 PM

lol

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New alias?

Fritz
03-16-2009, 08:24 PM
1. Drew Barrymore is hot. She is. And I'm older than Drew Barrymore, Snake.

2. Where would Peppers play in a 3-4? Linebacker or DE?

3. How old is he, anyway?

Guiness
03-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Peppers apparently wants to play olb in a 3-4.

Some movement on this issue. Looking like the Pats are a serious player - some stuff at PFT. Has Peppers signed the tender???

In response to an report from NFL.com regarding a possible trade of defensive end Julius Peppers from the Panthers to the Patriots, Carolina G.M. Marty Hurney denies that any such discussions are occurring.

“By the rules of the [Collective Bargaining Agreement], we cannot and have not had any conversations with other teams about Julius,” Hurney said in a team-issued statement. “Under the non-exclusive franchise tag, Julius and his agent, Carl Carey, are within their rights to talk to other teams about a potential contract. However, at this point, we are not aware of any such conversations.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/16/hurney-denies-report-of-peppers-trade/

And an associated link -
http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2009/03/panthers-no-peppers-deal-or-talks.html

mission
03-16-2009, 09:02 PM

lol

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New alias?

On a much crazier board I post on, one of the common things to do is create an alias and "humor" people in however they see fit. It's mostly annoying but hilarious when done properly. I wasn't accusing you of anything, just that it would be something you would be good at I think ... afterall, you had the TB one going pretty well when you first joined here. :wink:

TigerFang
03-16-2009, 09:11 PM

lol

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I just assumed that someone who was burned out on Justin Long would be a woman and he has girls in his picture, so I thought it was a picture of the person who posted. I've read a little here in the last month or so, but don't know everyone.

mission
03-16-2009, 09:26 PM

lol

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I just assumed that someone who was burned out on Justin Long would be a woman and he has girls in his picture, so I thought it was a picture of the person who posted. I've read a little here in the last month or so, but don't know everyone.

Naw, you're good! There's a whole backstory to the girls in the picture so anyone knowing that would get a great chuckle out of your post. The fact that it was directed at Partial just made it a helluva lot more funny!

Was a great early post, don't be discouraged ... and welcome to PackerRats! :D

MadtownPacker
03-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Yeah welcome to PackerRats.

KYPack
03-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Close enough, TFang.

Close enough.

Try to learn which of the posters actually ARE females.

It's more fun that way.

MJZiggy
03-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Speak fer yerself. I just about fell off my chair. Welcome to the forum.

Zool
03-16-2009, 11:10 PM

lol

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/f/e/2/fe2b20dca3516f96e64c144fc578bb45.gif