Bretsky
03-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Thoughts

Freak Out
03-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Snowing in Madison has to be it.....

Joemailman
03-04-2009, 07:16 PM
70% of Rain/snow in Madison on Sunday. That looks like it.

Bretsky
03-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Every year we should have a pool where everybody throws in a buck and guesses the day TTT signs the first UFA

Then we can poll whether the Brewers hit mid season or somebody gets their money first :lol:

retailguy
03-04-2009, 07:21 PM
my bet is on April fools day.

Joemailman
03-04-2009, 07:27 PM
1. It snows in Madison.
2. Denver signs 15th free agent
3. Turtle comes out of his shell
4. April Fools Day

retailguy
03-04-2009, 09:32 PM
1. It snows in Madison.
2. Denver signs 15th free agent
3. Turtle comes out of his shell
4. April Fools Day

cynic.

KYPack
03-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Denver has signed 12 and should soon ink it's 13th.

Think they'll shoot the moon and get 15?

Bretsky
03-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Denver has signed 12 and should soon ink it's 13th.

Think they'll shoot the moon and get 15?

probably before TTT gets 1

I have a funny feeling he'll end up signing 3....all between scab like and serviceable...to compete and add depth

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Broncos agreed to terms with RB J.J. Arrington on a four-year, $10 million contract.

The sides had a deal on the first day of free agency, but Profootballtalk reports that the Broncos backed out over an injury to Arrington's meniscus. They have since found common ground. Denver has added three bodies to its backfield since February 27, but Josh McDaniels will struggle to find a good player in the mix. None of the signees (Arrington, Correll Buckhalter, LaMont Jordan) is guaranteed to make the Week 1 roster. Mar. 4 - 5:26 pm et
Source: Denver Post

sheepshead
03-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Myabe you should take this crap to myspace or someplace

Deputy Nutz
03-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Where the hell is Wisonsin?

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Myabe you should take this crap to myspace or someplace

Whats your myspace name?

SnakeLH2006
03-05-2009, 03:08 AM
Snake almost voted April Fool's till he saw and voted Denver...the real fools....FA now is a farce. Snakes' not pissed at all about FA...Let's get our own resigned.....Works good for Pittsburgh, eh?

Joemailman
03-05-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

The Green Bay Packers appear determined to add a safety with experience in the 3-4 defense and have a strong interest in free-agent Anthony Smith, an NFL source confirmed Thursday.

The NationalFootballPost.com first reported the Packers’ interest in Smith, who played in Pittsburgh’s 3-4 defense the past three seasons. The source said Smith in fact visited the Packers’ on Wednesday, and that the team is strongly considering signing him.

Could it be?!!!

HarveyWallbangers
03-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Anthony Smith

Comment: Smith has good size, explosiveness and aggression. He runs very well and is an above-average athlete. There is ample upside here and Smith is also a factor on special teams. He is a fantastic hitter who does a great job of separating the receiver from the ball and also acts as an intimidator on the backend. He is brash and made a name for himself, in a negative manner, with his comments guaranteeing victory against New England last season. He is very vocal and talks a lot. It is clear he overestimates his abilities as a football player at this young stage of his career. He overruns too many plays, bites on play-action when he needs to stay home and in general, is overly aggressive. While this aggression results in big plays and highlight reel hits at times, he must be more reliable on the backend. This is especially true due to the presence of the free-wheeling Troy Polamalu. Pittsburgh cannot afford to have both of their safeties out of position in hopes of cashing in on the big play.

Mike Adams

Comment: Adams plays hard with passion. He will give up his body and mix it up in run support. He does not shy away from contact, has good body control and athletic ability. Adams plays well downhill. He is not a frontline starter and lost his starting job in the second half of the season. Adams is primarily a backup player due to his lack of size. He does not track the ball well in flight and is not smooth in his transition from pass protection to run. He is best with straight-line coverage. Adams is more of a true strong safety in his play, but he needs better range. He is a tough, high energy, competitive player. Adams is not a highly touted player and will make his best contributions as a special teams player because of his aggressive style of play.

It seems like they are worried about Bigby's injury/long-term potential (and it would appear they don't think Rouse is the answer). Both of these guys seem like in-the-box safeties.

Fritz
03-05-2009, 04:43 PM
One wonders if the new secondary coach would be able to temper some of Mr. Smith's over-agressiveness.

HarveyWallbangers
03-05-2009, 04:45 PM
One wonders if the new secondary coach would be able to temper some of Mr. Smith's over-agressiveness.

I think Darren Perry coached Smith in Pittsburgh, so probably not. Then again, Smith is older. Maybe he'll be humbled by the lack of interest in him as a FA.

HarveyWallbangers
03-05-2009, 04:46 PM
More on Smith.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/40804302.html

Fritz
03-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Here's a line from that blog: "The source said that if Smith came to the Packers he'd be one of the most gifted players on their defense."

Unfortunately for yours truly, growing up in the seventies meant hearing the term "he's gifted" as a euphemism for a guy who was well hung. Therefore, when I read lines like those above, I cannot help but flash back to the meaning of "gifted" I knew as a teen, and thus cannot hlep but think that penis size must be important in the NFL.

Joemailman
03-06-2009, 07:03 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

The Green Bay Packers appear determined to add a safety with experience in the 3-4 defense and have a strong interest in free-agent Anthony Smith, an NFL source confirmed Thursday.

The NationalFootballPost.com first reported the Packers’ interest in Smith, who played in Pittsburgh’s 3-4 defense the past three seasons. The source said Smith in fact visited the Packers’ on Wednesday, and that the team is strongly considering signing him.

Could it be?!!!

As Harry Caray would have said, "It might be...It could be...It Is!!!!!

SnakeLH2006
03-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Here's a line from that blog: "The source said that if Smith came to the Packers he'd be one of the most gifted players on their defense."

Unfortunately for yours truly, growing up in the seventies meant hearing the term "he's gifted" as a euphemism for a guy who was well hung. Therefore, when I read lines like those above, I cannot help but flash back to the meaning of "gifted" I knew as a teen, and thus cannot hlep but think that penis size must be important in the NFL.

Snake takes great offense to that comment. Why hate on God for what he gave a precious few of us? :shock:

HarveyWallbangers
03-07-2009, 12:18 AM
I think Thompson sees several FA DEs that he think could do the job (Olshansky, Holliday, Carter, Douglas, Weaver, Wright), and he's going to get one that is feasible. Tons of 3-4 DEs available in FA, but not the draft. In the draft, there are tons of 3-4 OLBs available.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/40884587.html

Article states that the Packers have passed on Vonnie Holliday for now, but have shown interest in Kevin Carter. Carter is two years OLDER than Holliday, so it seems out of the norm. I have heard Carter played quite well last year though. He's another one who played under Dom Capers. Wonder if Capers has any say in these decisions?

SnakeLH2006
03-07-2009, 12:21 AM
I think Thompson sees several FA DEs that he think could do the job (Olshansky, Holliday, Carter, Douglas, Weaver, Wright), and he's going to get one that is feasible. Tons of 3-4 DEs available in FA, but not the draft. In the draft, there are tons of 3-4 OLBs available.

Article states that the Packers have passed on Vonnie Holliday for now, but have shown interest in Kevin Carter. Carter is two years OLDER than Holliday, so it seems out of the norm. I have heard Carter played quite well last year though. He's another one who played under Dom Capers. Wonder if Capers has any say in these decisions?

You would think Capers has a say bigtime...Who else knows better than old Dom about the 3-4? Carter is old though, as I'd be happy if we could get Burnett...That kid looks like a good fit in GB. Carter is not the mold of a rare TT FA signing. And thank god.

pittstang5
03-07-2009, 08:12 AM

True, it seems out of the norm for TT to sign an "Older guy." I didn't put Carter on my list of potential FAs that the Packers might pursue because of that fact. However, after reading the article, it mentions that Carter could move inside on passing downs - i'm assuming moving over to NT position. Now when I think about it, TT seems to like players that have versatility. Look at the O-line - need I say more.

I'm also thinking that the Packers might take a look at Mike Wright from NE. I believe he can play both the NT spot and DE.