HAAAAAAA

red
03-04-2009, 11:20 PM
he'll end up a raider

sheepshead
03-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Oakland

Chicago???

I think all these vets are going to be too tempting down there.

packers11
03-04-2009, 11:23 PM
I wonder if Bill Bellicheat would bring him in...

Imagine T.O. Randy Moss and Welker...

I hope to god he doesn't go to the Pats...

Harlan Huckleby
03-04-2009, 11:24 PM
HE could help the Vikings too.

packers11
03-04-2009, 11:25 PM

With those QB's??? I highly doubt it... He would blow up in 2-3 games max...

Deputy Nutz
03-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Sheepshead is right Oakland simply can't resist, but Chicago needs a playmaker, even one like Owens. Minnesota is also a probability. Owens is a cancer which needs a strong team leader and presence to handle.

imscott72
03-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Oh God please not Minny..We need to get Jennings locked up. It makes me nervous as hell that he may hit free agency next year.

packers11
03-04-2009, 11:28 PM
If the Raiders get him... Could Crabtree fall to #9?!?!?!

Bossman641
03-04-2009, 11:29 PM
I'd think Minnesota and Chicago would have to be interested. I hate TO and think he would cause major problems with either of those teams (not enough veteran offensive leadership) but I'd still hate to see him end up with one of them.

Bretsky
03-04-2009, 11:30 PM
If the Raiders get him... Could Crabtree fall to #9?!?!?!

I think he could

And if TTT picks the BPA he could be a Packer

imscott72
03-04-2009, 11:32 PM
I'd think Minnesota and Chicago would have to be interested. I hate TO and think he would cause major problems with either of those teams (not enough veteran offensive leadership) but I'd still hate to see him end up with one of them.

You don't think Chilly could handle TO? :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
03-04-2009, 11:38 PM

nah, Favre and Owens will get along just fine.

packers11
03-04-2009, 11:39 PM

nah, Favre and Owens will get along just fine.

:lol:

Remember that comment he made 4-5 years ago in Philly...

something along the lines that if Favre was on his team Philly would be 8-0 at this point in the season...

sheepshead
03-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Favre TO and JWalk in Chicago

Bossman641
03-04-2009, 11:41 PM

You don't think Chilly could handle TO? :lol:

I'm imagining the following scenario:

Sage gets a little banged up and misses some time

Tarvaris starts winging balls all over the place: behind TO, 5 feet in front of him, way over his head

TO stares at Chilly in disbelief and then snaps at him on the sidelines

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2009, 11:52 PM
TO and Chilly didn't get along in Philly. TO had no respect for Chilly, but that's probably a compliment to Chilly.

channtheman
03-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Raiders sign him for a 2 year 78 million deal with 73 million guaranteed.

Bossman641
03-05-2009, 12:27 AM
Raiders sign him for a 2 year 78 million deal with 73 million guaranteed.

Come on. You know senile old Al Davis has been asleep for at least a few hours. That contract won't get drawn up until morning.

digitaldean
03-05-2009, 12:43 AM
I am saddened that this happened because it's now less likely that the Cowpukes will implode each post-season.... :D

It's a double-edged sword for Jerry Jones. It's another in a long list of muff-ups that show he is a HORRIBLE general manager. Only this douchebag would trade a starting CB to Detroit for Jon Kitna - who was about to be released anyway. Then there's the fleecing Detroit gave Dallas over the WR Roy Williams trade. (for all Detroit's blunders, they made out like a bandit in that one).

It is a stunner, but even Jerry had to admit that this prissy little prick is nothing short of the plague to team chemistry.

Do we sign him??? Absofrickingpositively NOOOOO!

SnakeLH2006
03-05-2009, 02:24 AM
TO's a major beyotch....That is a given. Someone sign him to a big deal. Don't think so, well, it will happen...Snake bets he gets a 4 year deal for 40 million...then TO goes on the rampage talking shit about the Cowgirls.

Probably for the best for Dallas, but even Dallas fans are pissed tearing up the forums at ESPN right now, but he's a cancer, but in the NFL, teams don't learn their lesson about character. He gets a mega short term deal, does well, and implodes after a year or 2....TO's M.O. Nothing shocking here. Snake wouldn't want that douche on his team though...Just saying. :shock:

PS: TO and Favre together wouldn't shock Snake. But it would be damn entertaining....as it would likely only happen in Minn. or Chicago. Hey, Ras....you want him in Minnesota?? Just asking.....

mission
03-05-2009, 02:49 AM
What's the story behind this? I was out at the bar playing Buck Hunter 2 (heh) and saw it on the big screen but no sound (they kept showing the same TO catches over and over again) and rerun basketball game on ESPN right now. I 'spose I can check ESPN.com...

Joemailman
03-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Dallas reportedly takes a 9 million dollar salary cap hit by releasing TO.

I could see him going to the Giants if they don't decide to bring Burress back. Their lack of talent at WR really hurt them last year after Burress was gone.

LL2
03-05-2009, 08:49 AM
I hope no one signs that douchbag! He's 35, and while he is still good he is not what he was.

Cheesehead Craig
03-05-2009, 09:11 AM
He's going to go to a team that has at least a good QB. Not a chance he'll go to MN, Chi or Oak. TO wants money but he also wants to win. He's not going to go somewhere where the QB position is poor, regardless of the cash.

I wouldn't be shocked if he went to SD. He and Rivers would be fun to watch both on and off the field. Clash of the hotheads right there.

Pugger
03-05-2009, 09:43 AM
My condolences to any team foolish enough to sign this creep. He has worn out his welcome on every team he has been on. Too bad this guy has a million dollar body and 5 cent brain.

cheesner
03-05-2009, 09:59 AM
I am hoping he goes to Chi or Min. He isn't what he once was - and will be a drain to any team he joins. He is 35 and there is little hope that he is going to grow up anytime soon.

I suspect only the Raiders will foolish enough.

pittstang5
03-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Dallas reportedly takes a 9 million dollar salary cap hit by releasing TO.

I could see him going to the Giants if they don't decide to bring Burress back. Their lack of talent at WR really hurt them last year after Burress was gone.

I was thinking that too - going to the Giants. Then I heard something on Mike and Mike that Coughlin was mentored by Parcells and still stays very much in contact with him. That put that idea to rest when I heard that.

sheepshead
03-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Al Davis just got out of bed....developing.....

Ballboy
03-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Your right, TO and Chilly didn't like each other, don't think he will ever end up there.

As for the New England idea...this AM on the Sports Radio show, it was stated that Moss and TO don't like each other either......so that remains a long shot.

KYPack
03-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Some sketchy reports indicate that two teams thought to be potential TO suitors have no interest in TO. Both Washington and the NYG have stated they won't participate in any "TO Sweepstakes"

With TO being a total FA, some team will go after him won't they?

Lurker64
03-05-2009, 11:24 AM
I think part of the timing on the release was a "FU TO" move. The habitual big spenders have already blown their wad, as it were, and the teams with severe needs at WR have already picked someone up, so there's no natural destination for Owens.

Harlan Huckleby
03-05-2009, 11:28 AM
I think it is mostly about his ability. I don't know what his stats were last season, but probably the scouts see a loss of explosiveness.

Joemailman
03-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Owens had about 1000 yards receiving and 10 TD's. Not what he once was, but better than what a lot of teams have.

Harlan Huckleby
03-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Ya, but they can get an average player who doesn't require his own dressing room.

Whups, wrong thread. :P

LP
03-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Maybe Denver can pick him up as a bookend to there whiney quarterback.

gbgary
03-05-2009, 01:05 PM
jason whitlock, on fox/msn, say's "he'll find another sucker!"

i believe it. hope it's the vikings. nothing personal ras. :D

MadtownPacker
03-05-2009, 02:49 PM
"That's my WR. It aint right! sniff, sniff"

http://images.hollywoodgrind.com:9000/images/2008/5/tony-romo-wedding.jpg

bobblehead
03-05-2009, 02:53 PM
THE NY GIANTS...rumor is they need an impact reciever. TO gets to stick it to Philly and Dallas 4x a year...consider it a done deal.

Interestingly anyone besides me notice that JJones basically chose TO over Parcells then cut TO 2 years later...wtf, that guy is losing it.

Snyder, Jones, Davis....whats wrong with the NFL!!

Packgator
03-05-2009, 03:10 PM
THE NY GIANTS...rumor is they need an impact reciever. TO gets to stick it to Philly and Dallas 4x a year...consider it a done deal.

Coughlin won't take him. I'd be shocked if he ends up with the Giants.

KYPack
03-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Here's a list of teams that don't want TO:

The Dallas Cowboys. (Obviously, eh?)

The New York Giants.

The Washington Redskins.

The Baltimore Ravens.

The San Francisco 49ers.

The Minnesota Vikings.

The Atlanta Falcons.

The Cleveland Browns.

The San Diego Chargers.

The Philadelphia Eagles.

The New York Jets.

The Tennessee Titans.

The St. Louis Rams.

Here are the teams that likely will join the list soon:

The Miami Dolphins.

The Packers (I think so anyhow)

Waldo
03-05-2009, 07:14 PM
So many Packer fans are always clamoring for the "over the hump" big FA move that TT is afraid to "pull the trigger" on.

Whats up? Where's the TO love. He's the 2nd best player to be available this offseason.

TO is a dominant WR and always plays nice the first year.

MJZiggy
03-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Ha! He can circulate through the rest of the league on one-year contracts...

Chevelle2
03-05-2009, 07:41 PM
I am honestly, almost hoping we sign him.

Waldo
03-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Randy Moss?

Packer fans are still sore over that to this day.

Where is the similar love and adoration for TO.

How is he any different?

MJZiggy
03-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Our WR corps has proven themselves and we no longer have need of an aging attention queen. Dude's a meltdown waiting to happen. Like our local bloggers are saying. once Jerry Jones, collector of misfits and malcontents dumps you for your attitude, you're doomed.

Rastak
03-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Randy Moss?

Packer fans are still sore over that to this day.

Where is the similar love and adoration for TO.

How is he any different?

He doesn't call out guys on the team. That's the difference. Randy can be a royal pain in the ass but he's actually a good guy people like from everything I've read. Never heard too much bad stuff from locker room quotes.

TO is nuts. He needs help and I hope he gets it sometime soon.

Rastak
03-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Nice article from Gosslin:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/030609dnspogosselin.7b3c137.html

Terrell Owens will be back in the NFL in 2009, maybe with a contract as large as the one the Cowboys took away from him this week when they banished him from Valley Ranch.

That's because the new breed of NFL owners is infatuated more with a player's name than his ability. Terrell Owens still has a marquee name, but he no longer has marquee ability. Owens did score 10 touchdowns last season, but his 69 receptions and 1,052 receiving yards were his fewest in a full season this decade.

Owens turns 36 next season. His best years as a football player are behind him. Any team that signs him for 2009 should not expect to see the same receiver that hastened the departure of Jerry Rice from San Francisco earlier this decade.

Age does that to all players, particularly those who rely on their speed.

Marvin Harrison appeared ageless this decade with the Indianapolis Colts. At 34, he caught 95 passes for 1,366 yards with 12 touchdowns when the Colts won the championship in 2006.

But Harrison turned 36 in 2008. His body let him down, and his production let the Colts down. He caught 60 passes for 636 yards and five touchdowns, not exactly what the Colts were expecting from a player being paid to be their lead receiver. Indianapolis cut him last month. Harrison is the NFL's second all-time leading receiver, with 1,102 catches. Cris Carter ranks third with 1,101. At age 36, his numbers also tailed off. Carter went from 96 catches, 1,274 yards and nine touchdowns as a 35-year-old in 2000 to 73 catches, 871 yards and six touchdowns. So the Minnesota Vikings cut him.

Tim Brown ranks fourth on the NFL's all-time receiving list with 1,094 catches. His streak of nine consecutive 1,000-yard seasons ended in 2002, when he turned 36. He caught 81 passes for 930 yards and two touchdowns that season.

Isaac Bruce ranks fifth on the NFL's all-time receiving list with 1,003 receptions. Last season, at 36, he caught 61 passes for 838 yards and seven touchdowns – a far cry from his "Greatest Show on Turf" days in St. Louis when he regularly averaged 17 yards per catch and went to Pro Bowls.

Andre Reed is tied with Owens for sixth on the all-time receiving list with 951 catches. The Bills cut him at age 35 after a 52-catch season in 1999. He managed 10 catches in his final NFL season at age 36 for the Washington Redskins.

Art Monk retired as the game's leading all-time receiver. He now ranks eighth with 940. At 36, he gave the Redskins the worst statistics in a non-strike season of his career, catching 41 passes for 398 yards and two touchdowns in 1993. So the Redskins cut him.

The only exception to the age rule has been Rice, who is the exception to all rules. He turned in an 82-catch, 1,157-yard, nine-touchdown season at age 36 for the 49ers in 1998. He had two more 1,000-yard seasons in his career, including one at age 40.

Owens will turn up in another NFL building soon, telling the fans to get their popcorn ready. The owner who signs him will be hoping Owens can defy age as Rice did. But history says it's more likely Owens will be the next Monk, Carter or Reed, whose decline will accelerate with age.

imscott72
03-05-2009, 08:22 PM
I am honestly, almost hoping we sign him.

Wouldn't that make old #4 a happy camper. We couldn't get Moss here for him, but bring TO in for Arod? Wowza..

Bretsky
03-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Moss IMO is a huge royal pain in the ass when things are tough

TO is a cancer, on the field, and in and out of the locker room

Big difference IMO

I'm a huge advocate of free agency and overspending a bit on the right player; I would not touch TO

Guiness
03-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Did I miss something? Was there a specific event that brought this to bear, or just that the team had had it 'up to here' with him?

gbgary
03-06-2009, 09:27 AM
i saw a thing last night on espn, i think, and everyone in the nfc was polled as to interest in him and everyone, including the Packers, said "not interested!"

can you say...da raidas!

Packerarcher
03-06-2009, 09:53 AM
[quote="LL2"]I hope no one signs that douchbag! He's 35, and while he is still good he is not what he was.[/quote

That's a stupid statement,I am no T.O. fan but the man is better than 90% of the receivers playing. Wether they are younger or not,his ability to get seperation of the line alone,blows away most.

Fritz
03-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Our WR corps has proven themselves and we no longer have need of an aging attention queen. Dude's a meltdown waiting to happen. Like our local bloggers are saying. once Jerry Jones, collector of misfits and malcontents dumps you for your attitude, you're doomed.

I would, however, be interested in the Packers looking at Tank Johnson. Maybe he can take all his guns into the woods of northern Wisconsin and shoot some animals up, and then leave the guns at home when he goes to work or out to play.

KYPack
03-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Late breaking bullshit news....

The TV behind my locker was bleating some TO news at the gym.

Don't know if it was ESPN or not.

Supposedly, Tenn and the Raiders have said they ain't interested, but they are lying.

The Raiders are looking bc they re-wrote javon Walker's deal. Tenn could just dig a WR for one of their QB's to throw the ball to.

Also heard the Giants are trying to find what it would take to sign the emotional Mr Owens. Plax could face time in the graybar hotel, so a WR might be a good idea.

cpk1994
03-06-2009, 05:00 PM

I would, however, be interested in the Packers looking at Tank Johnson. Maybe he can take all his guns into the woods of northern Wisconsin and shoot some animals up, and then leave the guns at home when he goes to work or out to play.But then you would have to close down the firing ranges and that is blasphemy in this state. :lol:

oregonpackfan
03-06-2009, 05:18 PM
i saw a thing last night on espn, i think, and everyone in the nfc was polled as to interest in him and everyone, including the Packers, said "not interested!"

can you say...da raidas!

The Dan Patrick radio talk show did an ol-line poll with the question "Would you want T.O. on your favorite pro football team?"

The results: 81% of the responded "NO!"

The ironic aspect is that T.O. wears # 81. :)

Partial
03-06-2009, 05:28 PM
New England. It's going to happen.

Lurker64
03-06-2009, 05:34 PM

Don't T.O. and Moss not get along?

Man, the T.O., Randy Moss, Bill Belichick three-ring circus is going to be fun to watch... Hopefully it will self-destruct.

Freak Out
03-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Late breaking bullshit news....

The TV behind my locker was bleating some TO news at the gym.

Don't know if it was ESPN or not.

Supposedly, Tenn and the Raiders have said they ain't interested, but they are lying.

The Raiders are looking bc they re-wrote javon Walker's deal. Tenn could just dig a WR for one of their QB's to throw the ball to.

Also heard the Giants are trying to find what it would take to sign the emotional Mr Owens. Plax could face time in the graybar hotel, so a WR might be a good idea.

Tenn would be a good fit.......Fischer will take no shit and they are close even with fat Albert gone. It's still a gamble though.

imscott72
03-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Vikings GM Rick Spielman would not rule out interest in free agent Terrell Owens, but he didn't sound positive either.
Said Spielman: "You never say never but you can put the pieces together and [T.O's] history with Coach Childress." Owens and Childress had an infamous shouting match that led to a one-week training camp exile for T.O. back in 2005 with the Eagles. The Vikes have been seeking an upgrade opposite Bernard Berrian, but Childress' history would seem to rule out T.O.
Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune
Related: Vikings

SnakeLH2006
03-06-2009, 11:24 PM

Don't T.O. and Moss not get along?

Man, the T.O., Randy Moss, Bill Belichick three-ring circus is going to be fun to watch... Hopefully it will self-destruct.

NEthing is possibly with NE but it's true that Moss has said he would never play with TO...hates him.

Waldo asked the difference between the two...Well Randy is pretty well-liked by his teammates and doesn't really cause major commotion in the locker room, just management/coaches (which TO already does)...and oh yeah...Randy isn't gay. Just sayin'.... Bottom Line: TO is one messed up SOB! Snake would pee on TT's parking spot sign at Lambeau if he signed that botch!!
:lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2cdIRidjeE