PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams released

Ballboy
03-05-2009, 10:34 AM
How about him?

SS not the WR

Zool
03-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Captain horse collar? Meh, he's out of position quite often.

Joemailman
03-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Williams only played in Dallas' first 2 games last year. Was that due to injury, or to his pass coverage problems? He and Bigby have some of the same strengths and weaknesses. Not sure if he would be an upgrade over Bigby or not. (Tosses up softball to Skin).

KYPack
03-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Williams only played in Dallas' first 2 games last year. Was that due to injury, or to his pass coverage problems? He and Bigby have some of the same strengths and weaknesses. Not sure if he would be an upgrade over Bigby or not. (Tosses up softball to Skin).

He's like an extra linebacker. If you need an 8 in the box guy, he's your man. But he can't cover at all.

Wade benched him and used him in spots. He wads hurt, but i thought he played more than jsut two games That's the kind of player you are getting and those guys don't make big money.

Somebody will pick him up, but his days of marquee money are over.

Fritz
03-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Do you bring him in at a low wage to compete with Bigby for some first and second down playing time, or do you just draft a sixth round safety to do that?

How heady is Williams? How hard does he work?

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-05-2009, 02:45 PM
If you like blow coverage sure bring him in. Otherwise he's no better than Bigby.

Deputy Nutz
03-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Williams was a hell of a player in College. He had a lot of freedom at the line of scrimmage. He is or never was a cover safety. He was a hitter and presence at the line of scrimmage. He is a better tackler than Bigby, coverage skills are about the same, awful.

Williams might take better angles to the football than Bigby, but that is not saying very much.

packerbacker1234
03-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Bigby has a nose to cause turnovers. It seemed everytime bigby touched the guy with the ball he coughed it up. Collins is ball hawking, and bigby's coverage is "ok". He hits hard.

I like the safeties we got. Pass.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Roy is a Will playing safety.

Don't know how well he would be at Will, but he couldnt' be worse than he is at safety.

gbgary
03-05-2009, 07:07 PM
williams is a big-play just waiting to happen...for the other team. he's someone you target when you're on offense. not someone to target in FA. parcells said is was too light to play linebacker. if he get heavier he'll get slower...and then an even bigger liabillity.

KYPack
03-05-2009, 10:31 PM
He never could cover.

I could never figure out why more teams didn't go after him his whole career.

Wade actually got on his ass to lose some weight, but he still can't run the field or cover.

Why he made such a good rep in his early career was something I couldn't understand.

All you had to do was go at him. Any play pass would fool the shit out of him.

mission
03-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Why he made such a good rep in his early career was something I couldn't understand.

Because of that play at OU where he flew over the center and sacked the QB for what I think was a safety. That was one of the coolest defensive plays that year if not decade... everyone remembers that one play and thinks "oh he's so athletic!".

Somethin got lost along the way...

SnakeLH2006
03-07-2009, 12:18 AM
How about him?

Fringe starter in the NFL/backup in GB. Bigby and Collins have FAR more upside than an old horse-collarer (is that a word)?

KYPack
03-07-2009, 09:21 AM

Because of that play at OU where he flew over the center and sacked the QB for what I think was a safety. That was one of the coolest defensive plays that year if not decade... everyone remembers that one play and thinks "oh he's so athletic!".

Somethin got lost along the way...

I vaguely remember that play. I watch 10% as much of college football as I used to. I really got sick of Williams bc my neighbor is a Cowgirls fan. He was always bragging on Williams. I wanted other teams to toss on him & drive his ass to the bench, but the D defense was good enough to cover up for him.

I knew he was toast when Wade got there. You need to slam the back door when you build a defense. With Fat Roy, it was hanging wide open.