PDA

View Full Version : Something is wrecking my yard!

GrnBay007
03-06-2009, 04:56 PM
:x

There is about a 5 foot wide area all along the length of my driveway that is really a mess! This is the area that all the snow from the driveway ends up and it's the last snow in the yard to melt. So this past week that snow pile is finally gone and omg.....what a mess! There are all these crazy looking track marks ....some of them about 2 inches wide where the grass/soil is gone. It's a lot different then the damage a mole does. Someone at work told me it could be from a Shrew but when I looked on the net for shrew damage, it doesn't look the same. Closest I found was the damage a Vole (field mouse) does.

Anyone ever deal with something like this in their yard??? I really haven't found much info yet on how to get rid of it (or them). This is kinda what that part of my yard looks like...

http://www.fcps.edu/islandcreekes/ecology/Mammals/meadow%20vole/mvsign.jpg

Little Whiskey
03-06-2009, 05:03 PM
crap, I'm trying to post a picture of a shot gun, but this damn thing keeps showing the link instead. damn computers!!

GrnBay007
03-06-2009, 05:09 PM
crap, I'm trying to post a picture of a shot gun, but this damn thing keeps showing the link instead. damn computers!!

LOL I did a copy and paste.

You need some target practice??? C'mon over!!! :D

http://www.ceti.pl/chopin/photo/NYC--2000/abc/shotgun.jpg

GrnBay007
03-06-2009, 05:14 PM
I remember when I was a kid and we would get moles in the yard I remember my Dad would say he put poison peanuts in the holes. Is there something that's really called poison peanuts? ...or is that just a name he gave them.

OR, he'd stand there with a shovel and when he'd see them working in the ground would pierce them with the shovel. If they came above ground he'd hit em over the head. OK....I don't see myself doing that.

MJZiggy
03-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Isn't this why you got a dog? The girl needs a job.

GrnBay007
03-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Isn't this why you got a dog? The girl needs a job.

LOL she'd just be scared.....unless the little critter was holding a doggie treat. :D

MJZiggy
03-06-2009, 05:53 PM
That's what I thought until I started finding dead voles in the back yard. Oh. and...EWWWWWWW!!!

red
03-06-2009, 06:24 PM
quit pissing on the edge of the driveway when you come home drunk at night

Joemailman
03-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Better bring in an expert.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h143/sunnyday2u/woodchuckattack.jpg

GrnBay007
03-06-2009, 08:06 PM

:shock:

:butt:

I don't get drunk.

Bretsky
03-06-2009, 08:19 PM

I don't get drunk.

and I've got a great deal on a local bridge for anybody who believes that one :lol:

Iron Mike
03-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Looks like you have voles.

Get a cat from the Humane Society and leave it out at night. That'll take care of the voles.

Joemailman
03-07-2009, 04:46 PM

I don't get drunk.

and I've got a great deal on a local bridge for anybody who believes that one :lol:

She didn't say she doesn't drink, just that she doesn't get drunk. What a woman.