PDA

View Full Version : T.O. to the Bills

Brandon494
03-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Pretty good pick up I think for the Bills. Only signing him to a 1 year deal and should really help out Trent Edwards and open things up for Lee Evans.

red
03-07-2009, 05:23 PM
its amazing how teams continue to give this guy a chance

he's a cancer, bottom line

he will throw a fit this year playing for the bills with trent edwards throwing to him

KYPack
03-07-2009, 05:26 PM
I never would've believed it.

Thought he was a Raider for sure.

At least now he will be out of the way.

It takes a couple weeks for the news to drift in from Buffalo.

red
03-07-2009, 05:28 PM
I never would've believed it.

Thought he was a Raider for sure.

At least now he will be out of the way.

It takes a couple weeks for the news to drift in from Buffalo.

and he's going to be playing like half his home games in canada this season

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-07-2009, 05:29 PM
If its a one year deal its a good signing. He's not going to act up all year and them expect a good contract the following year. And if he does act up hes on a one year deal anyways.

mission
03-07-2009, 05:32 PM
i thought for sure he would be a titan for some reason.. i just dont see this one but whatever. 1year contract.

red
03-07-2009, 05:42 PM
i thought for sure he would be a titan for some reason.. i just dont see this one but whatever. 1year contract.

i have a feeling it's all he can get

he's a media whore, and he ended up in buffalo? and he signed way to fast for other teams to be serious about him

i think its the only real offer he got so he jumped on it

Tony Oday
03-07-2009, 05:42 PM
One of the best signings all off season for any team.

T.O. 6.5 million for one year. He HAS to be a good boy or this is his last team.

90 Rec 13 TDs and 1200 yards...my prediction and all that for the cost of a Jerry Porter...

packers11
03-07-2009, 05:48 PM
1 year?!? This is a steal... T.O. will not act up... Bills are contenders in the AFC east again with Lee Evans and T.O...

With Marshawn not facing 8 men in the box anymore they will be explosive on offense...

Now if Marshawn can just avoid jail / suspension, then the offense will be in really good shape.

oregonpackfan
03-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Putting a veteran "whiner" like T.O. on a team with a young quarterback like Trent Edwards? That shoots up a big red flag for me.

Let us not forget how T.O undermined quarterbacks Donovan McNabb and Jeff Garcia when he was on the Eagles and 49'ers.

I hope the Bills' coach is capable of managing T.O. as well as supporting Edwards.

Tony Oday
03-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Putting a veteran "whiner" like T.O. on a team with a young quarterback like Trent Edwards? That shoots up a big red flag for me.

Let us not forget how T.O undermined quarterbacks Donovan McNabb and Jeff Garcia when he was on the Eagles and 49'ers.

I hope the Bills' coach is capable of managing T.O. as well as supporting Edwards.

Not in the first season...

packers11
03-07-2009, 06:37 PM

Not in the first season...

Bingo... Exactly why I love the move... 1 year... He can't fk it up

gbgary
03-07-2009, 06:38 PM
the bills? whodathunkit? he has raiduz written all over him. lol

digitaldean
03-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Couldn't believe it when I first saw it on the ESPN crawler....

Well, Jauron and the Bills GM will be geniuses after the 09 season or they will be unemployed.

It will generate interest in the team, though he is the LAST one I'd want on my team.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-07-2009, 10:11 PM
TO is great guy. I very nice person I would say.

Lurker64
03-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Well, signing him to a one year contract is probably wise. Since T.O. probably understands that if he's a problem this year, this will be his last contract.

Still, go Bills!

bobblehead
03-07-2009, 11:30 PM
This is similar to the Jets last year. The brass is feeling the pressure to put a winner on the field and they are making a desperate move....I can't imagine what could go wrong with this :shock:

SnakeLH2006
03-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Well, signing him to a one year contract is probably wise. Since T.O. probably understands that if he's a problem this year, this will be his last contract.

Still, go Bills!

Yeah awesome for one year. He ain't gonna do shit when this may be his last chance to get a deece 3 year or so deal after this. He'll produce and looked to gain some humility in his press conference, not talking shit for once, as his ego got PWNED big time.

TO does keep himself in great shape and ran a 4.3 40 last year in Dallas camp supposedly (his fastest EVER)....so maybe his good bro Drew RosenASS got in his head, but then again TO is an ass-clown...We'll see what happens...but TO and Lee Evans with Lynch is deadly. Snake guesses TO is regressing though as he was pretty poor (for TO's statistical standards) last year.

He's hoping to get a deece last contract after Buffalo.

DonHutson
03-08-2009, 08:38 AM

Oh, I'm sure Dick Jauron will be able to lay down the law. He's not some hopeless mouthbreather like that wuss Bill Parcells.

:roll:

sheepshead
03-08-2009, 11:02 AM
This is similar to the Jets last year. The brass is feeling the pressure to put a winner on the field and they are making a desperate move....I can't imagine what could go wrong with this :shock:

Great Theater to be sure.

oregonpackfan
03-09-2009, 01:31 AM
When former Bills coach Marv Levy was told the Bills had signed T.O. he questioned if the man had been drinking! :)

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl/20090308/TO.In.Buffalo/

Zool
03-09-2009, 08:25 AM
"This may not be the most ideal place for a lot of people, but I'm the guy,'' Owens said. "I beat to my own beat sometimes, my own thinking, my own intuition. For me, this is an opportunity. It's an interesting situation.''

I realize athletes generally aren't Rhodes scholars (except that guy from Florida State) but WTF. It's like Idocracy is already in full swing.

hoosier
03-09-2009, 09:14 AM
"This may not be the most ideal place for a lot of people, but I'm the guy,'' Owens said. "I beat to my own beat sometimes, my own thinking, my own intuition. For me, this is an opportunity. It's an interesting situation.''

I realize athletes generally aren't Rhodes scholars (except that guy from Florida State) but WTF. It's like Idocracy is already in full swing.

Oh sure, the guy bares his soul, divulging the most intimate secret about his sexual habits, and you have to go and ridicule him.

cpk1994
03-09-2009, 10:51 AM
"I realize athletes generally aren't Rhodes scholars (except that guy from Florida State) but WTF. It's like Idocracy is already in full swing.I'm assuming you don't mean Javon Walker is the Rhodes Scholar. :lol:

Lurker64
03-09-2009, 10:54 AM
"I realize athletes generally aren't Rhodes scholars (except that guy from Florida State) but WTF. It's like Idocracy is already in full swing.I'm assuming you don't mean Javon Walker is the Rhodes Scholar. :lol:

I believe he was referring to Myron Rolle, who has passed up on the NFL draft this year to do his year at Oxford.