PDA

View Full Version : Pick Me!

Partial
03-08-2009, 02:10 PM
This video is F'ing awesome. Mason Crosby is a pimp.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2526516/unbeleivable_check_this_out_man/

falco
03-08-2009, 02:36 PM

too bad he couldn't do it when it mattered :roll:

Jimx29
03-08-2009, 07:03 PM
You mean like when he led the NFL in scoring as a rookie??

Brando19
03-08-2009, 07:13 PM

too bad he couldn't do it when it mattered :roll:

You're crazy. Crosby is solid.

DonHutson
03-08-2009, 07:28 PM
I thought this thread would be Partial laying out his case to get selected at #9.

Oh well.

falco
03-08-2009, 08:43 PM

no, i mean when he missed two game winning field goals last year. duh

BallHawk
03-09-2009, 11:10 AM

Well, if McCarthy wasn't a conservative idiot in Minnesota he would of hit the GW. That kick was good from 50. Too bad McCarthy was contempt with having him hit a 54.

Pack-man
03-09-2009, 12:09 PM

Well, if McCarthy wasn't a conservative idiot in Minnesota he would of hit the GW. That kick was good from 50. Too bad McCarthy was contempt with having him hit a 54.

I'll will have to agree with you about McCarthy. He did it in the Bear game also. He played for the FG instead of even trying for a TD.

Crosby should have made the kick in the Bear game though!

bobblehead
03-09-2009, 01:29 PM

It was 52 off turf indoors actually. NFL kickers get paid for one reason...hitting it in the clutch. Crosby failed miserably last year and it cost us 2 victories. Look for a drafted rookie in camp to compete this year as teams don't like losing games when kickers miss.

Partial
03-09-2009, 01:51 PM
How ridiculous is it to blame Crosby for missing a 54 yarder when the offense had 1 TD all game and couldn't get a drive going to save their life in the second half.

The Pack had no business being in that game to begin with, but the defense and ST kept them in it.

bobblehead
03-09-2009, 03:20 PM
How ridiculous is it to blame Crosby for missing a 54 yarder when the offense had 1 TD all game and couldn't get a drive going to save their life in the second half.

The Pack had no business being in that game to begin with, but the defense and ST kept them in it.

Again it was a 52 yarder. And if I don't blame him for missing it who should I blame?? (LACES OUT MARINO) This discussion was about Crosby, not anyone or anything else. It is his job to make a 52 yarder off turf indoors for game.

If you were the defensive players and the special teamers who kept them in the game the whole way would you have been happy that he missed the game winner??

OH, I GET IT!! OK, I got it right away, you wanted to turn this into an ARod sucks issue....man you are lame.

sharpe1027
03-09-2009, 03:42 PM
It was 52 off turf indoors actually. NFL kickers get paid for one reason...hitting it in the clutch. Crosby failed miserably last year and it cost us 2 victories. Look for a drafted rookie in camp to compete this year as teams don't like losing games when kickers miss.

1-19yds: 1/1
20-29 yds: 8/8
30-39 yds: 10/13
40-49 yds: 5/6
50+ yds: 3/6
Total: 27/34 or 79.4%

IMO, characterizing his performance based solely on two kicks is just poor analysis.

The kid has a strong leg and is pretty damn accurate. I seriously doubt any undrafted rookie will threaten him.

Lurker64
03-09-2009, 03:52 PM
The 30-39 yard statistic is disturbing with Crosby, but the 40+ is pretty encouraging.

Partial
03-09-2009, 04:13 PM
OH, I GET IT!! OK, I got it right away, you wanted to turn this into an ARod sucks issue....man you are lame.

First of all, it's my thead, I'll talk about whatever the hell I want.

Second of all, a 52 yarder isn't chump change. That's a long ass field goal. You forget that while their is minimal wind resistance against the ball, there also is minimal supporting winds behind the ball.. 52 yards with the wind is easier than 52 yards with minimal wind.

Thirdly, I have said numerous times that A-Rod is average to slightly above average. If that sucks, well, that is your prerogative. You know where I stand.

Finally, this thread isn't about Crosby. It's about brilliant NFL marketing. What a bad ass video.

3irty1
03-09-2009, 04:45 PM
That video kicks ass. Good find.

Patler
03-09-2009, 05:28 PM
I wonder what the success rate is for all kickers at 50+ yards. I doubt it is much over 50%, if even that.

One thing with Crosby, they run him out there for the long ones without hesitation. He has attempted 11 from 50+ already in just two years. Longwell has attempted 34 in 12 years.