PDA

View Full Version : Jarrett Bush looks for long term deal

digitaldean
03-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Per JSO....
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/41001767.html

This guy has got to be kidding right? He was HORRIBLE on special teams and he stinks when brought in for nickel and dime pkgs.!

The door can't hit this guy in the backside quick enough on his way out the door!

MadtownPacker
03-09-2009, 11:44 PM
See ya. This is one guy TT wont pay IMO.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-10-2009, 05:27 AM
You can't really blame the guy for trying to get a long term deal. He's just trying to stay in the league as long as he can. He sees that theirs no room at corner and safety on the team and is trying to make sure he catches on somewhere for next season.

Patler
03-10-2009, 07:47 AM
The guy has an opportunity to see if any of the other 31 NFL teams value him higher than the Packers offer. He is doing exactly as I would expect him to do.

I will not be surprised in the least if someone makes him a two year offer, with a modest signing bonus (very modest). He could be an improvement for a lot of teams STs (if he gets his penalties back under control) and could be better than they have for their 4th/5th corner or 4th safety. The Packers did him a very great favor by training him at safety last year. He is perfect for a special teams player now, because he is a fall back at both corner and safety. That upped his value on the game day roster.

If someone gives him a 2 year contract at $1M/year, with a $100k bonus or something, I won't be surprised if the Packers match it, just to bring him to camp. If they cut him in camp, all they are out is the bonus. If they keep him, its not much worse than what they already tendered him at.

packers11
03-10-2009, 11:43 AM
I thought this would some type of joke, but unfortunately its not...

He is very replaceable... Although remember that 1 game in the preseason two years ago were he looked like he could step in and be a stud...

I think it was against Seattle , he had 2 ints and his coverage looked extremely good, I wonder what happened since then...

Draft a CB in the 6/7th round if another team matches the offer... Doesn't look like he is going to develop into any type of starter on the defense...

texaspackerbacker
03-10-2009, 01:42 PM
He ain't all that great, but Bush is just another victim of the old "grass is greener somewhere else" syndrome that causes so many in this forum to disrespect anybody the Packers already have.

If he doesn't get an outlandish offer somewhere else, the Packers would not be hurt by having him as their 6th Corner. Sheesh!

sheepshead
03-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Looks like Reggie plays like Jenna.

mraynrand
03-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Bush is a lot better on teams than people are giving him credit for - the guy is very hard to block as a gunner - even with a double team. He's blown some opportunities for downing the ball or making a killer tackle, but his consistent ability to get down the field and disrupt returns has value. As a d-back he's low on the totem pole, so if the Packers can upgrade at that position, they have good reason to consider it. But teams can hurt themselves if they sacrifice teams for a better player at 5 or 6 on the depth chart, like they did with White?/Lasagne last year. Also, for you older packer fans - remember how well Marcus Wilson played on teams in the 90s? That's pretty much all he did. Same for Travis Jervey - he sucked as a RB, but was valuable on teams. It's part of the calculation, that's all I'm saying.

Bretsky
03-10-2009, 06:45 PM
pay somebody else to take him and his fumble recovering ability

Packnut
03-10-2009, 08:23 PM
I say we take a collection up and send it to any team that wants this bum and ask that they put the money towards his new contract. ANY price is worth NEVER having to see him block another opponent in the BACK!

Bretsky
03-10-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm sick of talking players we can have; let's talk about player to get rid of instead. Our odds of being right would be better as well

Fritz
03-11-2009, 08:21 AM
The JSO blog - don't know who writes it, can't remember - talked about fan-hate of Bush and wondered if he's a convenient scapegoat for the Packer fans' anger over TT's inactivity in free agency.

Maybe. Or maybe Bush sucked. Or maybe both.

Clearly, other teams like the guy. But probably fans in Pittsburgh are saying "why would anyone want that Anthony Smith? He sucked!"

SkinBasket
03-11-2009, 09:36 AM
He's blown some opportunities for downing the ball or making a killer tackle, but his consistent ability to get down the field and disrupt returns has value.

Too bad he disrupts as many of our own returns as the opponents.

SnakeLH2006
03-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Snake loves himself a little Bush too. Just as long as it's not in the oval office or playing for the Green Bay Packers.