PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Pace

Brando19
03-10-2009, 06:14 PM
The Rams just released him after 13 seasons. I think he should come in for a visit. He's an upgrade over Clifton, IMO.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-10-2009, 06:21 PM
I think Colledge will be Clifton's replacment. And I would rather have Trausher than Pace considering that our guy is younger and would probably come cheaper.

bobblehead
03-10-2009, 08:10 PM
I think Colledge will be Clifton's replacment. And I would rather have Trausher than Pace considering that our guy is younger and would probably come cheaper.

I wouldn't mind seeing college get some time to see if he is an NFL left tackle, but at this point we are only speculating. Pace is at the end of the line, that is why he was released. I would guess he is a slight upgrade to Clifton, but we need to address the position long term, not for a year.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-10-2009, 09:45 PM
The Rams just released him after 13 seasons. I think he should come in for a visit. He's an upgrade over Clifton, IMO.

Based on what? Pace playing 14 games out of 32 possible the past 2 years?

oregonpackfan
03-10-2009, 10:47 PM
The release of Orlando Pace emphasizes how the NFL is a young man's game. Pace is just 33 years old but his body is worn out to the point he is not longer effective playing at the pro level.

Rastak
03-11-2009, 07:19 AM

More likely because he started 14 of the last 16.

Guiness
03-11-2009, 08:36 AM
The release of Orlando Pace emphasizes how the NFL is a young man's game. Pace is just 33 years old but his body is worn out to the point he is not longer effective playing at the pro level.

And he's been with the Rams 13 years??? Was he drafted #1 at 20yrs old? Wow :shock:

Partial
03-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Quality draft pick right there. 13 years anchoring a line. Thats a hell of a lot.

Is this guy a HOF-er?

Pack-man
03-11-2009, 11:56 AM

Agreed, he blew out a tricep in 2006 and missed most of the season. Blew out a knew opening day 2007 and missed entire season. Plus he's never played in the ZBS.

I wouldn't be against him signing a cheap deal, but not for big bucks. At this stage of his career he's just not worth it!

Joemailman
03-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Quality draft pick right there. 13 years anchoring a line. Thats a hell of a lot.

Is this guy a HOF-er?

Should be. There was a period of years where he was as good or better as anyone at his position, and he displayed longevity.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-11-2009, 06:54 PM

Is this guy a HOF-er?

Should be. There was a period of years where he was as good or better as anyone at his position, and he displayed longevity.

It is really 10 years...as he barely played for 2.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-11-2009, 06:56 PM

So, brando watched his games? C'mon. :oops:

Not to mention he forgot the indepth analysis of how a behemoth is going to work in the zbs we have. :wink:

Brando19
03-11-2009, 07:23 PM

Not to mention he forgot the indepth analysis of how a behemoth is going to work in the zbs we have. :wink:

No, I haven't watched all of his games but I have watched a few. The man's a beast and could really open some holes for Grant. Even if he came here for a couple years...it would provide more leadership to the team and a beast on the offensive line. I would like to see him sign here for cheap...I wouldn't want the team to pay him top money...that's for sure.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-11-2009, 09:15 PM

No, I haven't watched all of his games but I have watched a few. The man's a beast and could really open some holes for Grant. Even if he came here for a couple years...it would provide more leadership to the team and a beast on the offensive line. I would like to see him sign here for cheap...I wouldn't want the team to pay him top money...that's for sure.

You watched a few? Which ones? The rams are on national tv..when? You were watching them over the pack..and if you did..you paid particular attention to pace? That would be hard as tv doesn't seem to concentrate too much on the line.

Beast: Yet, he didnt' sniff the bowl.

Leadership: over two other vet lineman? Really? How many years was he a Ram's captain displaying that leadership?

Cheap: Oh, i see...a guy who is a beast, great leader, etc...is gonna sign with us for cheap. :roll:

As a 13 year vet...he is gonna cost us at least a million a year...and no way are we gonna be able to sign him on the cheap.

Brando19
03-11-2009, 09:21 PM

You watched a few? Which ones? The rams are on national tv..when? You were watching them over the pack..and if you did..you paid particular attention to pace? That would be hard as tv doesn't seem to concentrate too much on the line.

Leadership: over two other vet lineman? Really? How many years was he a Ram's captain displaying that leadership?

Cheap: Oh, i see...a guy who is a beast, great leader, etc...is gonna sign with us for cheap. :roll:

As a 13 year vet...he is gonna cost us at least a million a year...and no way are we gonna be able to sign him on the cheap.

You don't like me and I can't stand you. How about we come to an agreement and not be asses to each other. In other words...don't comment on my posts and I won't comment on yours. Cool?

Tyrone Bigguns
03-11-2009, 09:25 PM

You don't like me and I can't stand you. How about we come to an agreement and not be asses to each other. In other words...don't comment on my posts and I won't comment on yours. Cool?

My opinion of you has no bearing on my comments.

Everything i said is factual. We await your analysis of Pace and zone blocking.

Brando19
03-11-2009, 09:30 PM

We await? I think you await...and I'm not going to comment...you were being a total ass in your post. I'm done with you.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-11-2009, 09:37 PM

We await? I think you await...and I'm not going to comment...you were being a total ass in your post. I'm done with you.

You stated he would be an upgrade over clifton...so, of course you must have some analysis of how he would perform in a zbs system.

We all await.

Guiness
03-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Get Pace cheap? He's a name, and a perennial Pro Bowler - if he comes cheap, it's because everybody knows he's done, done, done. I remember how elated I was when we got Hardy Nickerson

I did see the Rams play once last year - NFL Sunday Ticket is a wonderful thing - because I had Jackson in my fantasy pool and wanted to see wtf was going on. I wasn't concentrating on him, but Pace looked fine. Maybe not pro-bowl fine, but it wasn't like his man was having a field day out there.

I do have a question - are his knees shot or something? He was a big, skilled OT - guys like that stick around. Forget losing a step, he could lose two or three and still play effectively. :(

SnakeLH2006
03-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Get Pace cheap? He's a name, and a perennial Pro Bowler - if he comes cheap, it's because everybody knows he's done, done, done. I remember how elated I was when we got Hardy Nickerson

I did see the Rams play once last year - NFL Sunday Ticket is a wonderful thing - because I had Jackson in my fantasy pool and wanted to see wtf was going on. I wasn't concentrating on him, but Pace looked fine. Maybe not pro-bowl fine, but it wasn't like his man was having a field day out there.

I do have a question - are his knees shot or something? He was a big, skilled OT - guys like that stick around. Forget losing a step, he could lose two or three and still play effectively. :(

I agree and doubt it's done cheap, but Snake does think he can be an above average NFL Tackle if healthy.

That would be a Oilers DE Sean Jones to Packers type signing of a former elite guy still capable of making a difference...not an NE OG Adrian Klemm type FA OL TT signing. Thus, TT's indifference. :lol: