PDA

View Full Version : This is why you're fat

Jimx29
03-10-2009, 10:48 PM
there's even a TacoTown! taco hiding in there

http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

RashanGary
03-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Deep fried cupcake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles looks good. Most of it looks absolutely disgusting. I don't think I'd eat more than a bite or two off most of that stuff. I'd like one bite of the bacon wrapped mozzarella sticks too.

MJZiggy
03-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Perhaps you're not fat.

RashanGary
03-18-2009, 09:07 PM
:) I was getting there for a while.

I lost 20 lbs running before I met you all. Since then, I started lifting weights more heavily and I put 15 lbs back on without gaining either of the notches on my belt back (plus, I made huge gains in the weight room).

I've come a pretty long way in a year. I could show pictures. It's really night and day and I'm not done. I can list the things I've learned.

1. Don't eat white bread or white rice (the more you eat the more you want and the more you want the more you eat and teh fatter you get)
2. Don't eat high concentrated sugar (same as white breads. Instant energy, but you'll keep wanting more till you're fat as hell)
3. Don't eat high concentrated fat unless it's nuts or in small amounts iwth other healthy food (and make sure you eat some or you'll binge later)
4. Veggies are great at filling you up and have very few calories
5. Fruits can satisfy an energy craving (but I try to eat more veggies because they have 1/3 of the calories and they still fill me up)
6. Exercise regularly. I took 4 weeks off over the holidays and I gained 5 lbs and a notch on my belt. It took me 6 weeks to get back to where I was before I took the break. Every week you miss, you're losing 2 or 3 weeks from your goal. And do what you like. I keep switching my routine so it's fresh and it's much easier to go and do something you want to do. Plus, you meet a lot of people at the Y and it becomes sort of fun.

Here's an example of the accumulation effect that comes with consistency: YOu start at 0 and each week you gain 1 step toward your goal of 10. If you stop exercising and eat more carelessly, you'll take a step back.

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (total work 10) (total results 10)

0, 1, 2, 1, 0, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 (total work 7) (total results 4)

0, .5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5 (total work 5) (total results 5) This person worked out less than the person above but got better results because he/she didn't take any steps backward.

The 2nd person worked out 7 out of 10 weeks or 70% of the effort yet he only got 40% of the return. The first person could have worked out half as hard (only taking half a step) and gotten more results than the person who worked harder. It's all about being consistent. My goal for this next year is to never miss more than 2 days in a row and never work out less than 4 days in a week. I believe consistency is the biggest factor in success and frustration turning to failure.

Guiness
03-19-2009, 02:55 PM
there's even a TacoTown! taco hiding in there

http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

I LOVE the meat cake. Gona make it for my kids tonight, with a big PHSYCHE!