PDA

View Full Version : Albert Haynesworth

hoosier
03-12-2009, 08:36 PM
He was indicted today for recklessly causing a car crash in December 2008 that left another driver seriously injured. I completely missed this--was it reported in the media before he signed his whopper deal with Danny Snyder? I don't know which would be more shocking--if the Skins didn't know about this or if they did know and still signed him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3974042

Haynesworth indicted on traffic charges

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has been indicted on two misdemeanor traffic charges after a crash that seriously injured another driver.

Haynesworth

District Attorney Kim Helper of Williamson County said Thursday that Haynesworth was indicted Monday on charges of reckless driving and having expired registration.

Haynesworth, a former Titan who signed with the Redskins last month, was released on $1,000 bond after surrendering Wednesday. Maximum punishment is six months in jail and a $500 fine on the reckless driving charge and 30 days in jail and a $50 fine for the other charge.

The charges come from a Dec. 13 incident in which Haynesworth tried to pass another driver, who crashed into a concrete median.

Chad Speck, Haynesworth's agent, didn't respond to an e-mail Thursday seeking comment. He said previously that his client pulled over after the accident, called police and did not leave until cleared by an officer.

Haynesworth is scheduled for arraignment March 30 in Williamson Circuit Court in Franklin, just south of Nashville. Helper would not speculate how long the case would be in the courts.

Since the accident, on Interstate 65 south of Nashville, Corey Edmondson has needed a hip replacement and is unable to move except with a walker or in a wheelchair, said his attorney, Jon Perry.

"I am not surprised at all by the indictment," Perry said Thursday. "This accident could have very easily killed Corey."

Haynesworth, an All-Pro, signed a $100 million, seven-year contract Feb. 27 with the Redskins just a few hours after the start of free agency.

With Tennessee last season, he had a career-high 8½ sacks. He has 24 sacks in seven NFL seasons since the Titans drafted him in the first round out of the University of Tennessee in 2002.

In 2006, he was suspended for five games for swiping his cleated foot over Dallas Cowboys center Andre Gurode's face. It was the league's longest suspension for an on-field act.

Last year in another case, Haynesworth agreed to 30 days probation to divert a ticket for driving 103 mph in a 70 mph zone.

Rastak
03-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Hoosier, it was absolutely common knowledge about the incident.

This guy is a horses ass and in my opinion a fairly big risk to throw 41 mil at.

digitaldean
03-12-2009, 09:46 PM

This guy is a horses ass and in my opinion a fairly big risk to throw 41 mil at.

Since he has had his roadrage run ins plus this, I hope he and Mr. Moneybags Snyder perform the Ultimate Fail!

red
03-12-2009, 09:50 PM
i have a feeling he's gong to be giving this kid a pretty large chunk of that 100 million

the kid he put into the concrete wall is 25, and he had to have a hip replacement. so it was no small deal. and the guy is going to have problems for the rest of his life because this fat bastard wanted to play real life rad racer

and yes, this was common knowledge before he signed. this was one of the main reasons that i wanted no part of him

Rastak
03-12-2009, 09:52 PM
i have a feeling he's gong to be giving this kid a pretty large chunk of that 100 million

the kid you he put into the concrete wall is 25, and he had to have a hip replacement. so it was no small deal. and the guy is going to have problems for the rest of his life because this fat bastard wanted to play real life rad racer

and yes, this was common knowledge before he signed. this was one of the main reasons that i wanted no part of him

Agreed on every point Red.

red
03-12-2009, 10:04 PM
i just saw the main article that was posted. they are leaving out quite a bit.

florio at pft has been on this story for a long time

it just mentions him agreeing to 30 days of probation for driving 103.

well it was only 4 days after he agreed to that probation that the guy put the 25 year old into the wall. and he wasn't just passing the guy like the articles says. he was once again going over 100 mph when the accident happened

Fritz
03-13-2009, 06:01 AM

Ras, you are being unkind to horse's asses everywhere.

hoosier
03-13-2009, 07:44 AM
It's a pretty sad commentary when his agent tries to redeem him by noting that he stuck around till the cops showed up. I guess that's more than can said for Lance Briggs, though he didn't maim anyone during his 15 minutes of glory.

SnakeLH2006
03-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Snake read that too and thought:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/m/o/mol108/macros/moron.jpg

Then he heard about the maimed ass 25 year old dude fucked up for life and wanted to punch big AH in the mouth, till he realized he met his match and then some. I'd heckle him some though, at a safe distance....and run some more while heckling.

What a tardass mofo though is that AH. That sucks for the dude who got all messed up by this moron in the accident. With the $100 million contract, I hope the guy gets most of it with good litigation...Shouldn't be too hard to get some millions as Snake would rather be healthy than be a 25 year old millionaire with fucked up walking disabilities and prosthetic hips.

That type of shit really pisses Snake off though. Ignorant SOB is AH. Can't really say it's an accident when you are swerving all over the road at over 100 mph causing near fatalities...and shows a lack of class by his agent to try to make him look good. Snake believe in Karma bigtime..as AH will get what's coming to him hopefully. Sounds like a classless low-life from everything he's done thus far...

KYPack
03-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Another account from Corey Edmondson's website....

As Haynesworth agrees to a $100 million deal with the Washington Redskins, making him the highest paid defensive player in the NFL, Corey D. Edmondson is still unable to pay his household expenses stemming from the accident on December 13, 2008.

Corey (25-year-old) has been unable to walk, work or pay his mounting medical and household bills since the collision when Haynesworth’s 2008 black Ferrari stuck Edmondson’s car at a high rate of speed forcing Edmondson’s 1999 Mercury to crash into a concrete wall. After having multiple surgeries, he ultimately required hip replacement surgery. Edmondson still can only move by wheelchair or walker. To date, Edmondson’s medical and pharmacy bills exceed $230,000 and continue to increase.

Many of Corey’s co-workers at Belk, as well as other concerned friends and relatives, have been wanting to assist Corey with his expenses as he awaits resolution of his claims against Haynesworth so the ‘Help Corey Edmondson Fund’ has been established at Reliant Bank to help Corey.

Haynesworth was witnessed traveling at speeds in excess of 100 miles per hour after he entered I-65 and immediately began to move quickly in and out of lanes attempting to pass other vehicles in his way. Haynesworth tried to pass Corey’s vehicle on the right, but another vehicle was in the way. Haynesworth slammed on his brakes and abruptly crossed multiple lanes into the inside lane next to the concrete barrier wall. Accelerating his Ferrari up to speeds in excess of 100 miles per hour, Haynesworth tried to pass Mr. Edmondson and crossed into his lane suddenly and without warning, striking Mr. Edmondson’s driver side. This collision, which left black paint from Haynesworth’s Ferrari on Mr. Edmondson’s driver side, caused Mr. Edmondson to slam into the concrete median wall resulting in severe injuries to Mr. Edmondson and totaling his vehicle.

Mr. Haynesworth was traveling at such a high rate of speed that he was unable to stop until well beyond the accident. Haynesworth admitted to the investigating officer at the scene that his Ferrari struck Mr. Edmondson’s vehicle.

This crazy guy should not be allowed to drive cars anymore.

Stevogbfan
03-14-2009, 05:57 PM

As Haynesworth agrees to a $100 million deal with the Washington Redskins, making him the highest paid defensive player in the NFL, Corey D. Edmondson is still unable to pay his household expenses stemming from the accident on December 13, 2008.

Corey (25-year-old) has been unable to walk, work or pay his mounting medical and household bills since the collision when Haynesworth’s 2008 black Ferrari stuck Edmondson’s car at a high rate of speed forcing Edmondson’s 1999 Mercury to crash into a concrete wall. After having multiple surgeries, he ultimately required hip replacement surgery. Edmondson still can only move by wheelchair or walker. To date, Edmondson’s medical and pharmacy bills exceed $230,000 and continue to increase.

Many of Corey’s co-workers at Belk, as well as other concerned friends and relatives, have been wanting to assist Corey with his expenses as he awaits resolution of his claims against Haynesworth so the ‘Help Corey Edmondson Fund’ has been established at Reliant Bank to help Corey.

Haynesworth was witnessed traveling at speeds in excess of 100 miles per hour after he entered I-65 and immediately began to move quickly in and out of lanes attempting to pass other vehicles in his way. Haynesworth tried to pass Corey’s vehicle on the right, but another vehicle was in the way. Haynesworth slammed on his brakes and abruptly crossed multiple lanes into the inside lane next to the concrete barrier wall. Accelerating his Ferrari up to speeds in excess of 100 miles per hour, Haynesworth tried to pass Mr. Edmondson and crossed into his lane suddenly and without warning, striking Mr. Edmondson’s driver side. This collision, which left black paint from Haynesworth’s Ferrari on Mr. Edmondson’s driver side, caused Mr. Edmondson to slam into the concrete median wall resulting in severe injuries to Mr. Edmondson and totaling his vehicle.

Mr. Haynesworth was traveling at such a high rate of speed that he was unable to stop until well beyond the accident. Haynesworth admitted to the investigating officer at the scene that his Ferrari struck Mr. Edmondson’s vehicle.

sounds like mr haynesworth owes mr. edmondson some much needed help
let's see what kinda person mr haynesworth is.

Rastak
03-14-2009, 08:24 PM

Wow, what a shithead.

That's my entire take. What a shithead. I'd go for the max sentence. I'll never understand why a drunk guy in an unavoidable situation (if that is in the fact the circumstance) would get the book tossed at him when a perfectly sober shithead is about 5x worse acting like that.

Patler
03-14-2009, 09:00 PM
If TT had managed to sign Haynesworth, I wonder Cliff Chrystl would have gone off on him again for bringing a menace on the highways to WI, like CC did when Robinson was signed?

Fritz
03-14-2009, 09:05 PM
You know what line just breaks my heart? The line that says Haynesworth sideswiped the guy's 1999 Mercury.

That just got me.

hoosier
03-14-2009, 09:37 PM
You know what line just breaks my heart? The line that says Haynesworth sideswiped the guy's 1999 Mercury.

That just got me.

That was my reaction at first, too: someone on the bottom rung of the ladder getting run over by a guy who's about to break the bank. But then I started thinking, he's probably a kid just a few years out of college who bought a very used and very cheap first car until he landed a better paying job. Ah, f*** it, it's still very sad.

Pugger
03-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Maybe NOW some of the Einsteins out there who blasted TT for not getting into the bidding war for this psychopath will shut the h3ll up...

cpk1994
03-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Maybe NOW some of the Einsteins out there who blasted TT for not getting into the bidding war for this psychopath will shut the h3ll up...Yep. Score another one for TT over the armchair GM's on this forum who think they can do a better job. :)

MJZiggy
03-15-2009, 12:15 PM
I don't think even the armchair GMs were ready to hand him $100 million.

cpk1994
03-15-2009, 12:47 PM
I don't think even the armchair GMs were ready to hand him $100 million.No, but there were adamant before that number came out that TT sign him no matter what.

bobblehead
03-15-2009, 12:57 PM

Personally I wanted him when we ran a 4/3 and needed some pass rush.

Also, although he is an asshat, that puts him in the majority of young millionaires. Sideswiping someone won't inhibit his ability to dominate the line.

All that being said, I wasn't aware of this one before. I have no idea of AH feels a lot of remorse or if he is trying to do right by the kid. I think when I was 25 (or whatever AH was) I was guilty of driving stupid a few times and I'm grateful no one got hurt.

I'm not going to condemn him for this, unless I hear him trying to defend himself instead of expressing anything other than great regret. Or if he continues his reckless driving and doesn't learn from it. The right thing to do would be to go speak at high schools across the country and tell kids not to make the mistakes he has made. I have no idea if he is doing any of this or not, but I hope he at the very least learned something valuable from this.

Rastak
03-15-2009, 01:50 PM

Personally I wanted him when we ran a 4/3 and needed some pass rush.

Also, although he is an asshat, that puts him in the majority of young millionaires. Sideswiping someone won't inhibit his ability to dominate the line.

All that being said, I wasn't aware of this one before. I have no idea of AH feels a lot of remorse or if he is trying to do right by the kid. I think when I was 25 (or whatever AH was) I was guilty of driving stupid a few times and I'm grateful no one got hurt.

I'm not going to condemn him for this, unless I hear him trying to defend himself instead of expressing anything other than great regret. Or if he continues his reckless driving and doesn't learn from it. The right thing to do would be to go speak at high schools across the country and tell kids not to make the mistakes he has made. I have no idea if he is doing any of this or not, but I hope he at the very least learned something valuable from this.

I am. The idiot was driving at a high rate of speed and ran this dude straight into the median and damn near killed him. The poor fucker is crippled because this stupid ass can't get in a lane a drive like everyone else.

digitaldean
03-15-2009, 03:04 PM
I have to officially kick myself in the ass for overlooking AH's f-ups and wanting TT to get him on this team. :bang: :bang: :bang:

I hated how Leonard Little got his payday and little slap on the wrist after killing somebody during a DUI.

AH has done this crap TWICE on the road, plus his footstomping of Andre Gurode's face should make him one of the bigger ASSHAT's in the NFL.

Now I read the Redskins don't want him talking to the media during OTA's. Not 1 snap and damage control is already starting.

Patler
03-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Haynesworth was 4 days into a 30 day probation when the accident occured.
Probation for?......driving 103 mph in a 70 mph zone. In view of his indictment for the accident, the prosecutor said she may reopen the earlier driving offense too.

The guy who got injured is in for a tough time. He weighs over 400 lbs. Not good for the hip replacements.

Patler
03-15-2009, 03:35 PM
I have to officially kick myself in the ass

Here, let us help: :butt: :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
03-15-2009, 04:09 PM
I say it sounds like the guy made a horrible mistake, and could use a fresh start in a new environment. I think Green Bay could be very refreshing.

These football players are just modern-day gladiators. I guess if the guy is threatening teammates with knives or something, I would pass.

Rastak
03-15-2009, 04:10 PM
I say it sounds like the guy made a horrible mistake, and could use a fresh start in a new environment. I think Green Bay could be very refreshing.

These football players are just modern-day gladiators. I guess if the guy is threatening teammates with knives or something, I would pass.

The fresh start should be state prison.

MJZiggy
03-15-2009, 04:50 PM

If this is the dude I'm thinking of, he has a serious history on and off the field from his college days on. I want no part of him--and completely not surprised TT wouldn't touch him either.

Harlan Huckleby
03-15-2009, 05:01 PM

The fresh start should be state prison.

Let him play Sundays under the Huber Law.

I don't know about the guy. If he steals money out of other players wallets, I would pass on him, that could cause morale problem. But if he just bit off somebody's ear or something, hell, we can use a new gladiator on the defensive line.

Guiness
03-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Probation for?......driving 103 mph in a 70 mph zone. In view of his indictment for the accident, the prosecutor said she may reopen the earlier driving offense too.

The guy who got injured is in for a tough time. He weighs over 400 lbs. Not good for the hip replacements.

Are you serious? This guy weighed 400lbs? What are the odds Haynesworth hits someone bigger than him??? :wink:

I know the article says he can't walk - doesn't say if he could before. Ya, there are going to be some serious medical bills, because there are going to be some serious complications treating a guy like this. Is there a 'thin skull' type law in the US?

bobblehead
03-15-2009, 08:03 PM

This does change things a bit. Not entirely, because young people won't learn until someone gets hurt. He obviously is one of the types who thinks the rules don't apply and even though I wanted him, I'm glad we didn't get him.

Strangely he is one of the few FA's I have ever actually wanted to sign. TT is right again.