PDA

View Full Version : Bush signs Titan offer sheet

KYPack
03-13-2009, 09:29 PM
I guess Fish sees more in this guy than we seem to on PR...

Tennessee Titans have signed Packers cornerback Jarrett Bush to an offer sheet, according to Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper.

Bush, a restricted free agent, was tendered by Green Bay a one-year, $1.01 million contract. Because it’s the lowest level, and because Bush wasn’t drafted, the Packers have only a right to match the offer sheet, and they will receive no compensation if the Packers opt not to do so.

The third-year player visited the Titans last week.

Should we offer him the Mil?

With Tramon's deal still in limbo?

The plot thickens.

Partial
03-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Match unless its out of hand. He's a very good st player and a tweener.

Bretsky
03-13-2009, 09:40 PM
A million buckswanas for Bush

dude's not worth it

but TT has to spend the money one way or the other so he might keep him

I say.....SEE YA

Partial
03-13-2009, 09:54 PM
a million bucks? What is the veterans minimum? 700k? He's versatile. I pay him a 1 million gladly. It's a short term deal, after all.

red
03-13-2009, 10:04 PM
so tt gives the titans 1 million for them to take him?

good deal for us

Bretsky
03-13-2009, 10:35 PM
a million bucks? What is the veterans minimum? 700k? He's versatile. I pay him a 1 million gladly. It's a short term deal, after all.

why does it matter what the vets minimum is ? Limited upside for this guy

If TT would open up his wallet and let the dust scatter around the room he could fine a veteran DB at 1,000,000 that's better than this guy :lol:

red
03-13-2009, 10:40 PM

If TT would open up his wallet and let the dust scatter around the room he could fine a veteran DB at 1,000,000 that's better than this guy :lol:

if tt took a shit on the floor of his office he would probably find a more talented db

KYPack
03-13-2009, 11:15 PM

it's 560 for Bush, but that doesn't matter in an offer sheet situation.

ND72
03-13-2009, 11:20 PM
bye bye...

Partial
03-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Man, you guys really don't like the guy. I kind of do. Not necessarily as a defender, but he is a good gunner. One of the best since Jervey.

Bretsky
03-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Man, you guys really don't like the guy. I kind of do. Not necessarily as a defender, but he is a good gunner. One of the best since Jervey.

he's alright; I never viewed him in Jervey's league

the fumble

SnakeLH2006
03-13-2009, 11:25 PM

if tt took a shit on the floor of his office he would probably find a more talented db

Even if it was Najeh's DavenPoop, Snake would STILL support that statement.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_drUMJ9HF-tQ/SRcHo0Nv-QI/AAAAAAAAEfA/qFXkcUXUhOw/s320/NajehDavenport.jpg

Note: Never let this guy in your room at a party.....EVER.

Patler
03-14-2009, 12:40 AM
The Packers have already decided he is worth a million to them, or they wouldn't have extended the RFA tender that they have. It will be interesting to see how much more the Titans have offered. It will probably come down to a question of whether or not the Packers are willing to pay a modest bonus that is probably part of the Titans offer. Something like the $100k they gave Smith. It is also likely that the Titans offer is more than a year, but is probably not more than 2 either.

I will be surprised if the total potential value is more than Smith's, about $2M over two years. If that is all it is, with only $100k or so guaranteed, the Packers will probably match it to bring him into camp. If it is much more than that, they will let him leave.

SnakeLH2006
03-14-2009, 12:45 AM
The Packers have already decided he is worth a million to them, or they wouldn't have extended the RFA tender that they have. It will be interesting to see how much more the Titans have offered. It will probably come down to a question of whether or not the Packers are willing to pay a modest bonus that is probably part of the Titans offer. Something like the $100k they gave Smith. It is also likely that the Titans offer is more than a year, but is probably not more than 2 either.

I will be surprised if the total potential value is more than Smith's, about $2M over two years. If that is all it is, with only $100k or so guaranteed, the Packers will probably match it to bring him into camp. If it is much more than that, they will let him leave.

I hope so. I get tired of folks (few on here) yet still there are some who clamor to resign these guys. I don't care about the money. These guys (Montgomery, Cole, Bush) are fillers who didn't do anything long-term over the season to negate their downfalls/shortcomings and are stopgaps at best. TT does well in getting undrafted rookie FA's to step in for the minimum to take their places and play at least as well. Bush for 2 years and 2 million is worthless. Upgrade via the draft as Bush was good at times on ST and worthless at other times...and totally worthless at all times at DB. Fuck Bush. End thread.

Patler
03-14-2009, 12:54 AM
I hope so. I get tired of folks (few on here) yet still there are some who clamor to resign these guys. I don't care about the money. These guys (Montgomery, Cole, Bush) are fillers who didn't do anything long-term over the season to negate their downfalls/shortcomings and are stopgaps at best. TT does well in getting undrafted rookie FA's to step in for the minimum to take their places and play at least as well. Bush for 2 years and 2 million is worthless. Upgrade via the draft as Bush was good at times on ST and worthless at other times...and totally worthless at all times at DB. Fuck Bush. End thread.

These guys are cheap. You can sign them, bring them to camp while looking for someone as good but cheaper, or someone better, or someone with more potential. If you find them, you cut the vet and are only out the modest signing bonus. If you don't find someone, at least you have a player who is familiar to you.

Signing guys like Smith, Bush, Montgomery is really no risk at all, unless the signing bonus becomes too high.

SnakeLH2006
03-14-2009, 01:25 AM

These guys are cheap. You can sign them, bring them to camp while looking for someone as good but cheaper, or someone better, or someone with more potential. If you find them, you cut the vet and are only out the modest signing bonus. If you don't find someone, at least you have a player who is familiar to you.

Signing guys like Smith, Bush, Montgomery is really no risk at all, unless the signing bonus becomes too high.

Ahh..the good "ole vets"..who cares, esp. when they were the detriment to our team being 6-10. Bush, Montgomery, etc. lost games for us. Who cares about them? If we lose games with rookies or even rookie FA's so be it, at least they aren't taking up a couple of million. Knowing a system? Those guys are loss-leaders at their position. Garbage players replaced by the best young bottom of the depth chart guys TT brings in...easily. At least they (they new guys) didn't lose games for us yet with bonehead plays "knowing the system".

How can you upgrade when the lineage of player is so low, but worth millions? Fuck the bottom-tier guys making any signing bonus. They failed, get them out.....Cut your losses. Empty the garbage TT. Good riddance.

gbpackfan
03-14-2009, 06:37 AM
So the Packers should pay Bush millions and Tramon Williams should only get 500,000? Come on! Pass. Bush is junk. DBs like him are a dime a dozen.

RashanGary
03-14-2009, 07:28 AM
Patrick Lee has shown to be a physical specimen that can lay the wood and run with the best of them. He's also shown to be a shitty corner by my estimation and should only get shittier with Capers playing more zone as Lee was said to be strictly a press corner.

Anyway, we have one horrible corner that will probably be on the team because he's a physical specimen that has high ST's upside. We don't need two, not when our starting corners are so old. We need to find a legit corner prospect. Oh yeah, and Blackmon is the worst corner in the NFL and he's on our roster because of ST's. There is just not room for Bush, Blackmon and Lee. To me, you keep Lee because (MAYBE and that is a big maybe, he pans out). Blackmon is on thin ice, you really hope to find someone who can play defense and Bush has to be replaced.

Rastak
03-14-2009, 07:34 AM

What happened to talking in the third person?

RashanGary
03-14-2009, 07:37 AM
People keep complaining of the DE's. Last year we played a 4-3 and needed 3 or 4 extra DL. This year we play a 3-4 so we immediately trim the worst 3 or 4 lineman off our roster. All that's left is the cream and we have to hope for some improvement to supplement it. Just changing schemes, changed the dynamic of our DL. They went from thin to OK, not because we changed personnel, but because we don't need as much personnel and as it turns out, we didn't have enough so it was a pretty fitting switch. I do think a NT to work with PIckett is paramount. That is the most important position on the defense and while Pickett is a solid player, he can't be asked to be the best player on a defense. At worst, we need another player PIcketts caliber so they are always fresh in there.

As far as needs, Corner is up there. I like Tramon, after that, I can't stand these zeros. They are all ST's players and that is it. Our starters are getting so old, we cannot go into a season where one injury puts one of these losers in the line of fire.

Like Patler said though, if there is zero risk, bring him in to compete. Bush and Patrick Lee could go down and we could be in real need of a shitty corner that can play ST's like a madman. All you're doing is covering your tail if something bad happens at camp and not paying anything to do it. Still, I really hope he's gone by the start of the season. I do not like him, Blackmon or Lee at all. I'm hoping two of the three are replaced with better defensive prospects that can also play ST's.

Joemailman
03-14-2009, 07:49 AM
Patrick Lee has shown to be a physical specimen that can lay the wood and run with the best of them. He's also shown to be a shitty corner by my estimation and should only get shittier with Capers playing more zone as Lee was said to be strictly a press corner.

Anyway, we have one horrible corner that will probably be on the team because he's a physical specimen that has high ST's upside. We don't need two, not when our starting corners are so old. We need to find a legit corner prospect. Oh yeah, and Blackmon is the worst corner in the NFL and he's on our roster because of ST's. There is just not room for Bush, Blackmon and Lee. To me, you keep Lee because (MAYBE and that is a big maybe, he pans out). Blackmon is on thin ice, you really hope to find someone who can play defense and Bush has to be replaced.

Lee was said to be strictly a press corner because that's what they played at Auburn. There's really no evidence right now on how effectively he can play zone. Blackmon is not on thin ice unless the Packers find a punt returner who is better than him. Unlikely in my opinion.

KYPack
03-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Lee was said to be strictly a press corner because that's what they played at Auburn. There's really no evidence right now on how effectively he can play zone. Blackmon is not on thin ice unless the Packers find a punt returner who is better than him. Unlikely in my opinion.

I can't figure out Lee. He played press at Auburn. But to me, he looks more comfortable in off cover at a 1 or 3 yard technique, when he doesn't look totally lost. He may have played press in college, but he doesn't know how to play it in the NFL yet. The kid has some great skills, but he's green as goose shit.

He was so out of it last year, he's like ready for his rookie year THIS season.

KYPack
03-14-2009, 08:03 AM

Yeah!

What happened to Snake?

KY wants to know what Snake thinks.

What is Snakes' take?

Where is Snake?

Etc.

Patler
03-14-2009, 09:19 AM

Ahh..the good "ole vets"..who cares, esp. when they were the detriment to our team being 6-10. Bush, Montgomery, etc. lost games for us. Who cares about them? If we lose games with rookies or even rookie FA's so be it, at least they aren't taking up a couple of million. Knowing a system? Those guys are loss-leaders at their position. Garbage players replaced by the best young bottom of the depth chart guys TT brings in...easily. At least they (they new guys) didn't lose games for us yet with bonehead plays "knowing the system".

How can you upgrade when the lineage of player is so low, but worth millions? Fuck the bottom-tier guys making any signing bonus. They failed, get them out.....Cut your losses. Empty the garbage TT. Good riddance.

I don't care about guys like Bush. That's the whole point. You sign them because they are cheap with little to no guarantee. You look for something better. If you find better, you keep better and you release the vet. If all you find are the likes of Mike Hawkins, Patrick Dendy, Bhawoh Jue or others; you still might be better of with Bush.

The whole idea is that this guy never sees the field as a CB anyway. He is active on game days just to play ST.

SkinBasket
03-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Happy day. The guy disrupted just as many of our returns as he did the opponents. And there was that whole couldn't play defense thing. Not a positive when you're a defensive back.

Bretsky
03-14-2009, 09:26 AM

I don't care about guys like Bush. That's the whole point. You sign them because they are cheap with little to no guarantee. You look for something better. If you find better, you keep better and you release the vet. If all you find are the likes of Mike Hawkins, Patrick Dendy, Bhawoh Jue or others; you still might be better of with Bush.

The whole idea is that this guy never sees the field as a CB anyway. He is active on game days just to play ST.

agree

Patler..........dropped you a PM

Bossman641
03-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Please don't match the offer TT

rbaloha1
03-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Hope Bush is not resigned. Lee played in the SEC. Hopefully Coach Perry can develop Lee.

Rather use the money on signing Collins and Tramon Williams.

sheepshead
03-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Please don't match the offer TT

xactly--this guy can be replaced one way or another.

Pugger
03-14-2009, 06:21 PM
It would be interesting if we knew what kind of a deal TN offered... :?: then we'd have an idea if TT would match it (gulp!).

BlueBrewer
03-14-2009, 06:28 PM

You go to bat for the guy with the most penalties per snap played in a season since Ahmad Carroll, but you dont like Rodgers.......brilliant. Do you know Tank?

texaspackerbacker
03-14-2009, 07:25 PM
It certainly isn't a matter of Bush or Lee. Lee has a chance to be a good player, and should compete with Blackmon for the 4th Corner spot. Bush was the 6th last year, and if he is kept, would be that again.

Second point: there's no such thing as "strictly a press corner". Playing zone takes less skill and athleticism than press coverage. I'm sure Lee could learn and be more than decent in zone coverage. Bush, on the other hand, has serious limitations in press, but he should be better in zone coverage.

I hope and think they will match the offer if it is as low as reported. Bush ain't great, but he's better than many in here give him credit for (the old grass is greener elsewhere syndrome), and he's far better than most teams' sixth best Corner.

KYPack
03-14-2009, 08:31 PM
It certainly isn't a matter of Bush or Lee. Lee has a chance to be a good player, and should compete with Blackmon for the 4th Corner spot. Bush was the 6th last year, and if he is kept, would be that again.

Second point: there's no such thing as "strictly a press corner". Playing zone takes less skill and athleticism than press coverage. I'm sure Lee could learn and be more than decent in zone coverage. Bush, on the other hand, has serious limitations in press, but he should be better in zone coverage.

I hope and think they will match the offer if it is as low as reported. Bush ain't great, but he's better than many in here give him credit for (the old grass is greener elsewhere syndrome), and he's far better than most teams' sixth best Corner.

There's no such thing as "strictly a press corner"? That's true to an extent, but the individual player has his preferences. The closest corner in the league to being an exclusively press guy is Al Harris. Al is very quick with his first step. He has tremendously strong arms, hands and shoulders. He's also relatively slow afoot. he needs the advantages press gives him to limit the speed guys. We've all seen what a physical guy that can move Al can do to totally whip his coverage. Al hates off technique in zone cover. It robs him of his strengths.

Lee? I'd think that kid could be molded into anything you'd want. If he learns basic technique. Kid's got a ton of athleticism, but no clue how to play corner in the NFL. He's got one of the best secondary coaches in the league in Darren Perry. I think (&hope) DP will get him goin' and we won't have to worry about Bushes.

Fritz
03-14-2009, 08:44 PM

I didn't know that Mr. Hanky could play defensive back!

SnakeLH2006
03-14-2009, 11:08 PM

Yeah!

What happened to Snake?

KY wants to know what Snake thinks.

What is Snakes' take?

Where is Snake?

Etc.

Snake apologizes as an imposter ran amok on Snake's laptop last night, but failed to realize that the "real" Snake is a 3rd person entity entirely perpetuated by the "real" poster, Snake.:shock:

Snake doesn't necessarily buy into the fact the "grass is greener" logic with Bush, as some high school players have more instincts than Bush. Snake feels Bush can't play a lick and loses games with bonehead plays....FACT.

Snake would like TT to round up his legions of lower tier college scouting heads (his rookie FA gold digger posse) to find a cheap ass minimum wage replacement for Bush.

Snake's Take:

Bush is terrible and is not worth bringing into camp, esp. when such a bottom tier dude makes dumb penalties, and can't play his position...cornerback, worth a damn.

Better? :lol:

KYPack
03-14-2009, 11:29 PM
I dunno, Snake. Bush is an athlete, a ST terror, half ass at his position and a dumbshit & dunderhead.

Worth a mil per year?

AHHHHHHHHHHH,

No.

Fisher thinks he is, let him pay him.

I think TT pays Tramon, let's Bush walk.

Guiness
03-14-2009, 11:37 PM

No such thing as 'strictly a press corner'? Wrong - I was one. I was comfortable playing as long as I could keep a hand on my guy, and 'feel' where he was going. When I played off, i.e. in space, I was lost, and if my guy juked there was trouble. TD trouble.

System was to put what coach called a feeler hand on the WR's thigh and use it to follow him - with your hand there, you could track him while looking back for the ball. But like I said, if he got seperation, you were really lost in space.

SnakeLH2006
03-14-2009, 11:39 PM
I dunno, Snake. Bush is an athlete, a ST terror, half ass at his position and a dumbshit & dunderhead.

Worth a mil per year?

AHHHHHHHHHHH,

No.

Snake administers a +1, but wonders "what" CB is not an athlete? Dime a dozen bro. There's a reason we picked this guy up on the scrapheap. If he gets a signing bonus, Snake prays Bush spends it on some video archives of corners who have a clue, as Bush has no clue on how to play (seems like a nice guy, but no football instincts...see Travon...that kid has plenty...pay him).

Penalties are fine for DB's when they shut down the field/make plays (Wood and Al come to mind) but not for a guy who plays a few plays and gets roasted in the dime or makes a good play on ST, then on the next series draws a 15 yard flag. No scrilla for Bushy in Snake's book. Why give him any money (even the min.) as he sucks, sucks in the system, sucks in instincts, etc.? Give him no money. NONE.

Snake's Take:

And the funny thing is some (few) think we should re-up these guys like him and Mont. for cheap. Those 2 guys caused the biggest uproars with me and my buds as I rewinded play after play last year seeing them get toasted. WHY re-up these turds if they can't play, esp. for millions, then LOOK for replacements. Awful guideline. They are terrible and don't deserve to come into camp for free. Snake would pee on their parking spaces. :roll:

Pugger
03-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Bush might be an athlete but if he doesn't have anything between the ears what good is he? :?:

texaspackerbacker
03-15-2009, 11:54 AM

No such thing as 'strictly a press corner'? Wrong - I was one. I was comfortable playing as long as I could keep a hand on my guy, and 'feel' where he was going. When I played off, i.e. in space, I was lost, and if my guy juked there was trouble. TD trouble.

System was to put what coach called a feeler hand on the WR's thigh and use it to follow him - with your hand there, you could track him while looking back for the ball. But like I said, if he got seperation, you were really lost in space.

You're not the former high school Corner who claims to have shut down Darren Chareles, are you?

texaspackerbacker
03-15-2009, 11:59 AM

There's no such thing as "strictly a press corner"? That's true to an extent, but the individual player has his preferences. The closest corner in the league to being an exclusively press guy is Al Harris. Al is very quick with his first step. He has tremendously strong arms, hands and shoulders. He's also relatively slow afoot. he needs the advantages press gives him to limit the speed guys. We've all seen what a physical guy that can move Al can do to totally whip his coverage. Al hates off technique in zone cover. It robs him of his strengths.

Lee? I'd think that kid could be molded into anything you'd want. If he learns basic technique. Kid's got a ton of athleticism, but no clue how to play corner in the NFL. He's got one of the best secondary coaches in the league in Darren Perry. I think (&hope) DP will get him goin' and we won't have to worry about Bushes.

My point is that a guy like Al Harris--or Patrick Lee--who has the talent to play press could undoubtedly adjust fairly easily to play zone where relatively less athleticism is needed. That theory may well get tested this season.

KYPack
03-15-2009, 04:06 PM

Worth a mil per year?

AHHHHHHHHHHH,

No.

Snake administers a +1, but wonders "what" CB is not an athlete? Dime a dozen bro. There's a reason we picked this guy up on the scrapheap. If he gets a signing bonus, Snake prays Bush spends it on some video archives of corners who have a clue, as Bush has no clue on how to play (seems like a nice guy, but no football instincts...see Travon...that kid has plenty...pay him).

Penalties are fine for DB's when they shut down the field/make plays (Wood and Al come to mind) but not for a guy who plays a few plays and gets roasted in the dime or makes a good play on ST, then on the next series draws a 15 yard flag. No scrilla for Bushy in Snake's book. Why give him any money (even the min.) as he sucks, sucks in the system, sucks in instincts, etc.? Give him no money. NONE.

Snake's Take:

And the funny thing is some (few) think we should re-up these guys like him and Mont. for cheap. Those 2 guys caused the biggest uproars with me and my buds as I rewinded play after play last year seeing them get toasted. WHY re-up these turds if they can't play, esp. for millions, then LOOK for replacements. Awful guideline. They are terrible and don't deserve to come into camp for free. Snake would pee on their parking spaces. :roll:

I can't tell if you understood my post, but I agree with ya. To keep Bush we have to pay him a million a year. No way.

I think TT pays Tramon, let's Bush walk. Bush will get his paychecks in Nashville this year.

It's Tramon, not Travon. Disable that "v" on yer keyboard.

packrat
03-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Match the offer if it doesn't have much in guaranteed money. He then costs us money only if he makes the roster and there is nothing wrong with having competition in training camp.

KYPack
03-15-2009, 04:19 PM

Right Guiness, I was a corner, too. There are 'strictly a press corners', lots of 'em. I HATED press. I'm smaller and press put me in a jackpot. I far preferred off technique. Part of off cover is the fact that "peeking' is a part of your technique. That little "sneak a peek" was my lifeline. I felt like I had a blindfold on when playing press. I was almost always smaller than the WR's. What the hell do I want to hit him right away for? I far preferred getting my read and delivering a blow when I needed it, not almost every snap.

We were coached differently. The corners were taught to get in the recievers hip with our hip and run out with him. You can read his break quite well using that trick. We also played off at 3 yards and 5 yards. I also hated 5 yard technique. Why give 'em that much room to run? Tie 'em up and knock 'em off their break.

I've noticed many corners using that feeler hand like an outrigger or something, but never was coached to do it that way.

Guiness
03-16-2009, 01:09 AM

You're not the former high school Corner who claims to have shut down Darren Chareles, are you?

No, but close :?

I'm the former university corner who thought he could jump with the best of them, and got SCHOOLED by Tyrone Williams (the WR, not the CB!) when I went up for the ball, and had to look to see if he was using a step ladder, he was so high above me! :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrone_Williams (wide_receiver)