PDA

View Full Version : WHAT in the World Happened ??

Packers4Ever
07-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Last night I was looking forward to spending some time at my fave forum, Packer Rats, of course. When I got here, it was as though someone else had taken over the board, no topics posted, no friendly poster's names, nothing.
Sooooo after some pouting I finally decided it ain't gonna happen and went elsewhere.
Returning just now I did notice there was no activity here yesterday from Tues. 1:29 PM til this morning, July 12th, 9:15 AM. That's almost 20 hours.

Anyone else experience this or know what happened? A malfunction of some sort? Surely not some nameless troublemakers from past days?
I apologize if this was covered earlier but I didn't see another post.
Jude

HarveyWallbangers
07-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Apparently, routine maintenace for a venture that doesn't have a ton of capital behind it.
:D

Packers4Ever
07-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Apparently, routine maintenace for a venture that doesn't have a ton of capital behind it.
:D

Thanks, Harv, nothing that affects the ongoing operations
of Packer Rats then.
Jude

Spaulding
07-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Just another sign that my addiction to this site is getting bad. Was bummed too last night. Geez, it's getting almost as bad as my need for beer in coffee and it's still the offseason.

Throw me a fricking bone here people :)

ecwiscott
07-12-2006, 05:59 PM
yeah I tried to log on here last night too and the whole site crashed....I couldn't get anything.......thought maybe the site had up and folded and nobody told me. So I went to the JSonline site.....and found out what happened. I think I was coming over here to make a post on the Brewers forum but now I forgot what I was gonna say last night. :lol:

Partial
07-12-2006, 06:09 PM
We moved our servers from Sweden to Turkey after the police raid.

FavreChild
07-12-2006, 09:06 PM
It was all a marketing ploy to make y'all realize how valuable and important PackerRats is....

Sort of like when your favorite bar is closed for the night. Er...um...I mean, sort of like when you tune in to your favorite TV show, only to find that it's a re-run.....?

Packers4Ever
07-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Help ! We've all become badly addicted to our forum and the people who play here. :D
Wish I'd seen the explanation when I stopped off at JSO last night.
Just glad we're all back, :razz:
Jude

Harlan Huckleby
07-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Probably what happened was too many people just happened to access the site at the same moment, causing too many attempts to connect to the database, tripping a shutdown by the ISP. Just a freak thing.

Come over here, you sexy freak thing, you.

The other explanation would be that a hacker deliberately overloaded the system, but I doubt it.

Don't worry if it happens again, the site will come back up soon.

Harlan Huckleby
07-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Attention. Attention. Both of my theories proved wrong. The Big Chief does not permit me to say what really happened.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Attention. Attention. Both of my theories proved wrong. The Big Chief does not permit me to say what really happened.

Harlen, I think I can explain. I am very smart. My thoery is this: Your argument with the Nut Roll boiled to the point that you had to pull the plug, so that you can get away from him for awile. I cant blame you though, cos arguing with Nutz is like arguing with someone who is nuts: your arguments feeds his insanity.

Am I correct?

Harlan Huckleby
07-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Am I correct?

you are in the wrong thread, cowboy.

Bretsky
07-13-2006, 08:00 AM

no need to announce that IMO; for the most part people only] care that things are back up and running

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2006, 09:01 AM
what the hell, bretsky? you criticizing because a post is not necessary? A little hostile, there.

Scott Campbell
07-13-2006, 09:19 AM
what the hell, bretsky? you criticizing because a post is not necessary? A little hostile, there.

Yeah. Afterall, you meant well.

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Scott, why you trying to stir-up unpleasantness? I'm having a tiny argument with Bretsky, big deal.

Bretsky
07-13-2006, 06:12 PM

Nothing hostile HH

Partial
07-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Since the issue has been resolved, I don't feel there is a need for this anymore.

note - locking threads doesn't happen here. this is a special case.