PDA

View Full Version : Wow Bush to get 4,5 Mil

sepporepi
03-16-2009, 04:41 PM
And 1Mil signing bonus, that is a lot more than i would have paid.

Brando19
03-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Ridiculous.

Patler
03-16-2009, 05:02 PM
First details reported:

Three-years - $4.5 million.
$1 million signing bonus, with salaries of $1 million, $1.1 million $1.4 million. Other incentives.

Must be more to Bush than we appreciate. His agent said they had numerous teams interested.

I would never have expected the Packers to match a contract with that much of a signing bonus. I am surprised.

texaspackerbacker
03-16-2009, 05:07 PM
No. The 1 year $1.1 million with a 100 k bonus talked about originally, I would have wanted the Packers to match, but this? I don't think so--not for a sixth Corner.

Joemailman
03-16-2009, 05:12 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/41333162.html

Does this count as a free agent signing? :D

TigerFang
03-16-2009, 05:23 PM
That seems like a bad idea. Bush was a buffoon. I'm glad he's someone else's buffoon now.

mission
03-16-2009, 05:24 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/41333162.html

Does this count as a free agent signing? :D

Wow.

mission
03-16-2009, 05:26 PM
That seems like a bad idea. Bush was a buffoon. I'm glad he's someone else's buffoon now.

Spoke too soon :lol:

TigerFang
03-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Color me stupid. I didn't know the packers were matching the offer. I'm going to go vomit somewhere quiet now.

KYPack
03-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Man, if this doesn't knock our salary structure all out of whack, I don't know what does.

We'll make the Broncos look normal.

sharpe1027
03-16-2009, 05:49 PM
So he will be what, $1.3 mill against the cap this year? I think they already offered him over a million for the tender. I am not a J. Bush fan by any means, but it is is only an additional $300,000 and they gain three years. IMO, not a deal breaker either way. Let him go or resign? I bet they flipped a coin. 8-)

wist43
First details reported:

Three-years - $4.5 million.
$1 million signing bonus, with salaries of $1 million, $1.1 million $1.4 million. Other incentives.

Must be more to Bush than we appreciate. His agent said they had numerous teams interested.

I would never have expected the Packers to match a contract with that much of a signing bonus. I am surprised.

No, there is less to Bush, lol :D

PaCkFan_n_MD
He probably just made Williams some money.

Partial
03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Why are you guys shocked? The only thing that is guaranteed is the SB. He's a versatile DB and a solid ST player.

red
03-16-2009, 06:01 PM
jesus christ

this is a horrible signing imo

bush is a complete liability when he's on the field on d, and last season he sucked hard on st too. i do not want this guy anywhere near the field for my team. everytime he was in there he made some stupid mistake or gave up a huge play

this move is almost laughably horrible

what the fuck is TT doing, honestly?

red
03-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Why are you guys shocked? The only thing that is guaranteed is the SB. He's a versatile DB and a solid ST player.

he was absolutely pathetic at db last year, and almost just as bad on st

i'm really tired of this shit about keeping guys for special teams, we did that last year and we sucked on special teams and sucked on o and d because of the lack of depth

and this has nothing to do with the money for me, its keeping a horrible player in the first place. i would have been find with TT paying someone else to take him from us

sharpe1027
03-16-2009, 06:07 PM
jesus christ

bush is a complete liability when he's on the field on d, and last season he sucked hard on st too. i do not want this guy anywhere near the field for my team. everytime he was in there he made some stupid mistake or gave up a huge play

I am guessing you are equally pissed that they offered him the tender in the first place? If so, I tend to agree. I guess they don't have anyone better yet, they might as well hang onto him until he gets beat out? Who knows?

Partial
03-16-2009, 06:25 PM

i'm really tired of this shit about keeping guys for special teams, we did that last year and we sucked on special teams and sucked on o and d because of the lack of depth

and this has nothing to do with the money for me, its keeping a horrible player in the first place. i would have been find with TT paying someone else to take him from us

I disagree. I think he's a pretty decent 5th DB/safety. How many good ones are there? Not many. I also think he's an excellent gunner, one of the best in the NFC. This guy gets way too much undeserved heat.

red
03-16-2009, 06:31 PM

I disagree. I think he's a pretty decent 5th DB/safety. How many good ones are there? Not many. I also think he's an excellent gunner, one of the best in the NFC. This guy gets way too much undeserved heat.

he was pathetic last year on st, absolutely pathetic. he did nothing as a gunner. in fact i think he was flagged many times as well.

and as for being an ok 5th cb. i completely disagree. i expect a 5th cb to have a clue when he's on the field and not make a mistake every time he gets on the field

edit. i shouldn't sy pathetic on st. he was invisible on st last season, except for the mistakes. he was not the gunner he was 2 years ago

red
03-16-2009, 06:32 PM
jesus christ

I am guessing you are equally pissed that they offered him the tender in the first place? If so, I tend to agree. I guess they don't have anyone better yet, they might as well hang onto him until he gets beat out? Who knows?

yes, i was very confused when we tendered him. i was very happy he was a free agent

mission
03-16-2009, 06:32 PM
So he will be what, $1.3 mill against the cap this year? I think they already offered him over a million for the tender. I am not a J. Bush fan by any means, but it is is only an additional $300,000 and they gain three years. IMO, not a deal breaker either way. Let him go or resign? I bet they flipped a coin. 8-)

This is probably the most reasonable reply so far.

He's really not getting much more than he already had, but a signing bonus and more job security. Still doesn't mean he's above getting cut, outside of that bonus.

I think it's OK, I guess... just interested to see how this could affect other contract restructuring as the year progresses.

Old School
03-16-2009, 06:47 PM
I think it's a little short sighted to say "every" time he was on the field he screwed up. On 17 occasions he made a special team tackle. That was 2nd on the team.

All too often we undervalue our own players and give too much credit to opponents. That might be because much of what we see of opponents is on highlight reels when they make good plays. If we saw them game in and game out, we might discover that they have warts too.

The Packers (TT) found Bush as a free agent, and now about a half dozen teams are interested. For goodness sake; give TT a little credit where it's deserved. It's easy to be critical if we only look for the negative.

And last of all, Bush is one of our guys. Let's get behind him and hope he reaches the potential others see in him.

Joemailman
03-16-2009, 06:47 PM

The Packers did not do that last year. They cut Tracey White to keep Danny Lansanah, and it hurt special teams. I'm not a supporter of Bush, but I suspect TT does not want to let special teams come up short again.

hoosier
03-16-2009, 07:18 PM
jesus christ

Same thing the Titans, Ravens, Jets and whoever else were trying to do: sign what is potentially one of the better ST players in the league. His shortcomings in the secondary may be less evident in Capers system. Tenn and Balt don't throw money around foolishly in free agency, and if those two teams as well as TT all think he's worth it, I'm more than willing to accept their judgment over what I can see on the TV monitor.

Patler
03-16-2009, 07:52 PM

He's really not getting much more than he already had, but a signing bonus and more job security. Still doesn't mean he's above getting cut, outside of that bonus.

I think it's OK, I guess... just interested to see how this could affect other contract restructuring as the year progresses.

Not much more? Its a million dollars more. With the tender he could have been brought to camp and if cut would have cost nothing. I didn't have a problem with that. Now if he gets cut, he costs $1Million.

But, I am willing to acknowledge I have no idea at all how effective he is or isn't on ST. People complain about his penalties. He had five on ST this season, but I don't recall him having a penalty issue in past seasons. It didn't seem to scare off other teams, as a bunch were interested in him.

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2009, 08:12 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/41337897.html

Analysis: Why the Packers matched the Bush offer

hoosier
03-16-2009, 08:18 PM

Not much more? Its a million dollars more. With the tender he could have been brought to camp and if cut would have cost nothing. I didn't have a problem with that. Now if he gets cut, he costs $1Million.

But, I am willing to acknowledge I have no idea at all how effective he is or isn't on ST. People complain about his penalties. He had five on ST this season, but I don't recall him having a penalty issue in past seasons. It didn't seem to scare off other teams, as a bunch were interested in him.

I don't think the Packers are planning on cutting him in camp. Assuming he's slated to be one of their top special teams performers, a million more over three years really isn't a big deal. On the other hand, if he really doesn't put the "special" in special teams, 1.3 million per year is a lot to pay when you could be paying a late-round draft pick less than half of that.

Fritz
03-16-2009, 08:20 PM
I think one can logically infer from this that the Packers are looking ahead to renegotiating Tramon Wiliams's deal. Looks to me like this is an acknowlegement not only of Bush's worth but Williams's as well.

GBRulz
03-16-2009, 08:23 PM
I certainly hope this doesn't turn into a T Williams holdout now.

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2009, 08:36 PM
I certainly hope this doesn't turn into a T Williams holdout now.

Not sure I understand. He was going to make more than Williams anyways. He's at a different place in his career--where he had the flexibility to explore other options. Williams doesn't. What's the difference if Bush makes $1M or $1.7M or whatever? Almost every DB on the roster makes more than Williams--at least, before the bonuses kicked in.

Bretsky
03-16-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm under the weather today with the flu

Now that I see this I'm going to go get sick

mission
03-16-2009, 08:57 PM

I acknowledged the bonus ... it's still, in the grand scheme of things, not terribly big and crazy. We tendered him with the knowledge that at least one team out there would be interested and wanted to protect the invested development/coaching if anything.

I've seen a lot of 5/6 CB guys that don't play anywhere as well as Bush (honestly, think of some of the goons we've ran circles around!) has on defense. I'll get flamed for this, but Bush's problem isn't 90% of the time. It's 10% of the time when something just doesn't go right and he gets burned for a stupid big play that everyone remembers on a crucial 3rd down or something. Anyone remember him in the preseason last year or the one before where he had a couple picks and was looking hot... then he wore down and made plenty of mistakes as the year went on. For a guy not being depended on for the top 4 slots at CB, I think he has shown some flashes.

Don't see this as much of a problem unless we can't resolve the situation with T-Will, but I suspect he will get a nice little pay raise -- more than Bush's -- and we'll go on with the season happily ever after. With Bush, hopefully having to play very little defense.

Now it's time for the obligatory Bush-related comment... I really don't like the guy at all because of his miscues last year and have sworn and thrown things across rooms because of the guy ... I'm just trying to be a little open minded about it at least. It sticks with the "keep our own players" mentality, regardless if the grass appears greener. If TT is gonna talk about a strategy and only executes half (draft) of it then I can't imagine his approach to be too effective.

Charles Woodson
03-16-2009, 09:48 PM
I disagree. I think he's a pretty decent 5th DB/safety. How many good ones are there? Not many.

You know the sad thing? is that hes a decent 5th DB/safety... And thats a damn overstatement... Bush was awful as both and the stat books prove it, his penalties were ridiculous. Why someone with his stature gets that much money is beyond me. You ask how many decent 5th DBs there are? i can guarentee you that theres at least 148... to break it down for you, 4 on the other 32 teams.

Lurker64
03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Is Bush really getting paid that much more as a "special teamer who only plays on defense if somebody else gets injured" than Tracy White did to fill the same role?

At the very least, Bush has more upside than Tracy White since he's young and is improving in some aspects of his game.

Patler
03-16-2009, 10:26 PM
I have not been that down on Bush, and listed last week some of the truly miserable corners the Packers have had the last 10 years (might have been in a TW thread). Last week I said I expected the Packers to match $million/year salaries, but I didn't expect him to pay more than 100k or so in bonuses. It is uncharacteristic for TT to pay to a guy not expected to play on defense, and Bush will be pretty low on the depth chart.

texaspackerbacker
03-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Bush obviously gets a lot more respect both from the Packer leadership and around the league than he does from many in this forum. As was said, only the bonus is guaranteed, and the contract is only slightly more per season than he was previously offered. I certainly am not upset about the signing. At worst, it is a neutral non-issue. At best, we tied up a decent player for three years pretty cheap.

Patler
03-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Woodson, Harris, Williams, Blackmon, Lee
Collins, Bigby, Rouse, Smith

Throw in Bush and it seems one of the 9 mentioned above may not be on the team, and certainly will not be if there is a DB drafted.

Patler
03-17-2009, 12:04 AM
Bush obviously gets a lot more respect both from the Packer leadership and around the league than he does from many in this forum. As was said, only the bonus is guaranteed, and the contract is only slightly more per season than he was previously offered. I certainly am not upset about the signing. At worst, it is a neutral non-issue. At best, we tied up a decent player for three years pretty cheap.

Actually, he seems to get more respect around the league, if his agent is to be believed, Jets, Titans, Ravens, Browns, Bucs and Saints all were interested.

HarveyWallbangers
03-17-2009, 12:31 AM

Throw in Bush and it seems one of the 9 mentioned above may not be on the team, and certainly will not be if there is a DB drafted.

They kept that many last year. If they draft a guy, then Rouse, Bigby, Smith, and Bush could all be on the bubble--depending on how the battles go.

mission
03-17-2009, 01:04 AM
At worst, it is a neutral non-issue. At best, we tied up a decent player for three years pretty cheap.

Exactly.

Fritz
03-17-2009, 06:34 AM

They kept that many last year. If they draft a guy, then Rouse, Bigby, Smith, and Bush could all be on the bubble--depending on how the battles go.

I'm blanking out - who is this Smith? And by the way, don't forget everybody's hero - Charlie Peprah.

Patler
03-17-2009, 07:21 AM
I'm blanking out - who is this Smith? And by the way, don't forget everybody's hero - Charlie Peprah.

Anthony Smith is the FA safety they signed last week from the Steelers.
I didn't forget Peprah, I left him off intentionally because I figured he has as much chance to make the team as Joe Porter, the only other DB on the roster.

Patler
03-17-2009, 07:29 AM

They kept 10 last year, but in the past most often kept just 9. If they draft anyone someone will be gone, and even if they don't draft anyone, one of the 9, most likely a safety, might be gone.

I would have to say Bush is not on the bubble, regardless. I can't imagine they will pay him a $1M bonus, and then cut him this year. He will be in GB at least in 2009 regardless of how he plays on D. It would seem to come down to Rouse or Smith that would get cut.

KYPack
03-17-2009, 07:34 AM
Well, if I'm paying attention, Thompson will now,

- Sign Williams to an incentive laden contract.
- Draft Jenkins the Ohio State CB, throwing everybody into a tizzy.

He might, he's tricky, that TT.

I think this signing means we're getting a OT in the draft, but who knows?

Patler
03-17-2009, 07:49 AM
Well, if I'm paying attention, Thompson will now,

- Sign Williams to an incentive laden contract.
- Draft Jenkins the Ohio State CB, throwing everybody into a tizzy.

He might, he's tricky, that TT.

I think this signing means we're getting a OT in the draft, but who knows?

There might be a WR available, so you never know! :lol:
I can see it now, a WR, a corner and a safety on day 1, then a QB, a punter and a runningback! :lol:

Packnut
03-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Well just another stupid move by a man who is getting accustomed to them. Don't get into bidding wars for a player that might help, but spend a boat-load on one of the most useless players EVER to where a Packer uniform.

I guess Teddy is paying this clown by the penalties. He gets rid of our best ST player last season and now gives up all this cash for our worst ST player.

I feel bad for the Thompson crowd here. This latest blunder has to make it even more difficult to defend him................ :cry:

Patler
03-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Well just another stupid move by a man who is getting accustomed to them. Don't get into bidding wars for a player that might help, but spend a boat-load on one of the most useless players EVER to where a Packer uniform.

I guess Teddy is paying this clown by the penalties. He gets rid of our best ST player last season and now gives up all this cash for our worst ST player.

I feel bad for the Thompson crowd here. This latest blunder has to make it even more difficult to defend him................ :cry:

Well, it could be that Bush is a younger version of Tracy White. White took several years and several teams before he was considered irreplaceable on ST. I don't consider the signing of Bush to be a mistake at all, I'm just surprised that TT gave him that much guaranteed.

As for releasing White last year, he almost didn't make the final 53 coming out of camp, and TT had told him so at the time. The article at the time said his ST play had deteriorated the second half of '07 from the physical beating he had taken on ST. It may have been his leadership more than anything else that was missed.

None of us can really assess Bush's value on ST because all we see are the replays of the penalties. Yes, he had 5 or 6 of those on ST, but he also had probably 250 or so other plays on ST. How did he do on those? Kind of like Favres 15-20 interceptions a year. If you focused only on those he wasn't much of a QB, but when you throw in the rest he is a HOFer. Not saying Bush is a HOFer, but maybe apart from his penalties he is a pretty darn good ST player. Sure were a lot of teams interested in him at a million+/year.

Guiness
03-17-2009, 12:19 PM

I'd add Blackmon to the bubble - if they have another punt returner. Maybe even a DB they draft.
If he doesn't show he can play D this camp (or if he gets hurt) he could be in trouble.

Fritz
03-17-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm having a hard time imagining Rouse getting cut - he made some big plays as a rook. In addition, safeties often seem to take a few years to develop.

Let's see...Woodson, Harris, Williams, Lee, Blackmon, Bush, Collins, Bigby, Smith, Rouse - that's ten.

And who would you cut if you kept nine? I see them keeping ten, unless someone gets hurt. Again, I can't see Rouse being cut in year three. Too many big plays his first year, plus he's still young and learning.

It'd be weird to draft someone in the early rounds, given this group.

sharpe1027
03-17-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm having a hard time imagining Rouse getting cut - he made some big plays as a rook. In addition, safeties often seem to take a few years to develop.

Let's see...Woodson, Harris, Williams, Lee, Blackmon, Bush, Collins, Bigby, Smith, Rouse - that's ten.

And who would you cut if you kept nine? I see them keeping ten, unless someone gets hurt. Again, I can't see Rouse being cut in year three. Too many big plays his first year, plus he's still young and learning.

It'd be weird to draft someone in the early rounds, given this group.

With a new defense, some of the borderline guys might get lost in the transition. I see Rouse, Smith, Bush and Blackmon as each having some question marks.

I see your point about Rouse, but I still think he needs to show improvement or he could get left out of the mix (I think he probably will improve).

Bretsky
03-17-2009, 11:03 PM

Smith is our forgettable free agent :lol:

TT read the poll is here about how soon his first free agent signing was going to be so he decided to get in with some bottom feedin action.

Maybe we need another poll for #2 ? :lol:

Stevogbfan
03-17-2009, 11:14 PM
question 4 u... is three-years - $4.5 million really alot of money these days in the nfl?

Bretsky
03-17-2009, 11:16 PM
question 4 u... is three-years - $4.5 million really alot of money these days in the nfl?\

nope; kind of a forgettable contract too; that's why everybody forgets the dude's name.

Smith should not be hard to remember :lol:

vince
03-18-2009, 08:02 AM
question 4 u... is three-years - $4.5 million really alot of money these days in the nfl?
That's Bush's contract, and while I hope he gets beat out by a rook, it's not a "boat-load" by any objective means. Very manageable cap hit, particularly for a team that has put themselves in position to be able to make such decisions based on players' abilities rather than being handcuffed by their contracts.

RashanGary
03-18-2009, 04:41 PM
I only like this move if Blackmon or Patrick Lee are replaced with a legitimate corner prospect or two. If we have the same group as a year ago, I'm not happy.

If you think Bush is better at ST's than Lee or Blackmon, great, but we need another young prospect to go along with Tramon. Blackmon is the worst corner in the NFL and who knows if Lee is any better. It sure doesn't look like he is.

KYPack
03-18-2009, 07:03 PM
I only like this move if Blackmon or Patrick Lee are replaced with a legitimate corner prospect or two. If we have the same group as a year ago, I'm not happy.

If you think Bush is better at ST's than Lee or Blackmon, great, but we need another young prospect to go along with Tramon. Blackmon is the worst corner in the NFL and who knows if Lee is any better. It sure doesn't look like he is.

Give Lee a break, he's young and super green. Greener than goose shit, said an old line coach.

I don't think Blackmon sees himself as a corner. They converted him his last year at school. This is his 4th year coming up. The light should be on a little, but it isn't. I think he should be emergency corner/ emergency WR/Return freak. It should be tough for a rook to break in this environ.

Bush should improve, he's gettin' all that jing.

Joemailman
03-18-2009, 08:02 PM
KyPack,

Unless I misunderstand what you're saying, you got it backwards with Blackmon. He was a DB for 3 years in college, and switched to WR as a senior. Packers drafted him as a DB.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Blackmon

SnakeLH2006
03-20-2009, 12:35 AM

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!Snake lost beer out his nose again!!! Thanks Partial for that solid post.

Bush is one of the most versatile guys to get toasted in a dime or nickel...not so much as a starting CB cuz he sucks so much. Yea, for every good play on ST, he makes the same (throw your beer at the Plasma play) in retrospect. Fuck these low-tier millionaires! Bush sucks much ass.

At least TT is loyal. Snake would pray to lock up a min. contract to be the towel/waterboy at Packer camp cuz I'd get 3 years and much over my value as such. Fuck this shit. Bush is garbage. :evil:

Kyle.McCarroll
03-21-2009, 02:07 PM
So he will be what, $1.3 mill against the cap this year?

Here are his cap numbers, excluding the escalators he could earn in year 3.

2009: $1,333,333
2010: $1,433,333
2011: $1,733,333

This makes Bush the 20th highest paid Packer.

KYPack
03-21-2009, 04:09 PM
KyPack,

Unless I misunderstand what you're saying, you got it backwards with Blackmon. He was a DB for 3 years in college, and switched to WR as a senior. Packers drafted him as a DB.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Blackmon

You caught me on that one, Joe. (& it took me 4 days to figure it out.)

Yeah, I thought he was a WR that switched to DB.

A lot of the college tape I saw was of Blackmon returning kicks. I love the guy. He is a brilliant return man. Most mortals should have both feet planted and be squared up when you catch a punt. Wil is one guy who catch on the move and make a little shake move while he's catching it. Most young players botch the hell out of that move. Not Blackmon, he's a special return man.

Wish I could say the same about his DB play. His fundamentals there suck. He keeps his hands too low and his footwork is all wrong. Washington couldn't get him straightened out. Let's see if Darren Perry can get Blackmon going.

I guess I read his background wrong and had assumed he was a recent convert to the DBack world. There's even less of an excuse for his problems at DBack.

I am serious that maybe he could be a poor man's Troy Brown. Weak DBack, 7th WR, All-Pro returner.

We could use one of them, couldn't we?

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-21-2009, 05:03 PM

How are you so sure Lee sucks? He was a rookie last year and didn't get to play. I personally think we are set at corner this year.

RashanGary
03-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Blackmon is a horrible corner (fact)

Bush is a horrible corner (fact)

Lee was a horrible corner last year, had a hard time breaking the starting lineup at Auburn and is said to be strictly a press corner. We're switching to a zone scheme (fact). I highly doubt he pans out to be anything more than a STer and junk. (opinion)

Harris is strictly a press corner and we'll be transitioning to a zone scheme over the next couple years and is also very old (fact)

Woodson is getting older and he's already old (fact)

Tramon Williams is not proven, but he's the closest thing to a long term answer we have on the roster.

We are very far from set at corner.

Patler
03-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Blackmon is a horrible corner (fact)

Sorry, but that is just an opinion (yours) which I believe is incorrect.

Patler
03-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Bush is a horrible corner (fact)

That is also an opinion, (yours) about which I do not agree because of the vehemence with which you state it. Is Bush a good option now as the 3rd corner? No. The fourth corner? Probably not. The 5th corner? Yes. Many teams would love to have him as their 4th or 5th corner. He would be a strong upgrade for them. Heck he would have been the best option as a 3rd or 4th corner for the Packers just a few years ago. For that reason he is not "horrible", just not 3-deep caliber. But guess what? No one has a starting caliber corner as their #4 or #5, and very few have a starting caliber corner as #3. Some don't even have a starting caliber corner as #2 (see the pre-Woodson Packers).

Joemailman
03-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Way too early to write off Lee. The fact that Lee started only 1 year at Auburn may just mean it will take him a bit longer to develop than a guy who had several years of starting experience. It could also mean he's a guy who needs some time to learn the intricacies of the defense. Plus, there's also a chance that the new defensive coaching staff will prove to be better at developing young players than the previous one.