PDA

View Full Version : Mike Montgomery Signs

KYPack
03-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Not exactly earth shattering news, but Mike Montgomery is a Packer once again. A 2 year contract was inked, no financial aspects of the deal were disclosed. He will report to the team’s off-season program next Monday.

Montgomery, 6 feet 5 inches and 275 pounds, has been rumored to be adding weight for the new job, DE in a 3-4 defense. Mike becomes the top backup at end. Starters Cullen Jenkins and Johnny Jolly are considerably heavier than the lean Montgomery . Although the Packers are moving from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense, Montgomery is confident he can play in the 3-4 at his present weight.

He shared the RDE spot with Jeremy Thompson, but Thompson is expected to move to a LB spot in '09.

Bossman641
03-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Come on TT. Montgomery sucks.

Partial
03-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Agreed. What the hell?

Bretsky
03-17-2009, 11:07 PM
who cares; TTT will sign his own scabs and bring in players from the late rounds to compete with them.

CaliforniaCheez
03-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Montgomery is not a good fit in the 3-4.

I figured he would take an offer elsewhere.

He has been more valuable than Harrell.

Some of you are acting like he is Jamal Reynolds or something........

Bretsky
03-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Montgomery is not a good fit in the 3-4.

I figured he would take an offer elsewhere.

He has been more valuable than Harrell.

Some of you are acting like he is Jamal Reynolds or something........

Nah, he's not Reynolds. He's about as good as he should be for where he was picked. He's the guy that you hope never has to come in and produce. By not being in love with the signing people are just saying we were hoping to improve there. Maybe we will with our draft picks.

CaliforniaCheez
03-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Like Bush I thought he was gone because somewhere else would be better fit for him than the Packers.

I look for too small Barnett to be traded.

Thompson and a couple other "LB's" to get cut.

Aaron Kampmann will be back on the D-line.

This whole 3-4 thing is going to blow up unless they can find a great NT like Gilbert Brown in the draft.

Bretsky
03-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Like Bush I thought he was gone because somewhere else would be better fit for him than the Packers.

Thompson and a couple other "LB's" to get cut.

Aaron Kampmann will be back on the D-line.

This whole 3-4 thing is going to blow up unless they can find a great NT like Gilbert Brown in the draft.

Most now think the top NT will be gone
I'm not sure it will all blow up
Bottom line is we have to get the quality of players better on defense

If it blows up it's because we are not talented enough

Lurker64
03-17-2009, 11:24 PM

Quiz:
Which of these players is too small to play ILB in the 3-4?

Player A: 6' 2" 243 lbs
Player B: 6' 1" 248 lbs
Player C: 6'2" 236 lbs
Player D: 6'2" 243 lbs

Two of those players are the starting ILB tandem for the superbowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers. Two of them are Barnett and Hawk. I don't think 1" or 7 lbs is going to make or break anybody's job in this scheme.

vince
03-18-2009, 07:50 AM
I guess Monty and Bush are relatively cheap insurance, but I hope they both get beat out by rooks.

sharpe1027
03-18-2009, 09:43 AM

You mean like HoF'er Jason Ferguson? Or the famed combination of Garry Howe and Joel Steed?

You would have more of a point if they planned to play a 2-gap scheme, which the are not.

Fritz
03-18-2009, 01:44 PM

Quiz:

Two of those players are the starting ILB tandem for the superbowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers. Two of them are Barnett and Hawk. I don't think 1" or 7 lbs is going to make or break anybody's job in this scheme.

Superb post, Lurk.

TigerFang
03-18-2009, 03:57 PM

Quiz:

Superb post, Lurk.

I agree as well. I think that gets you one of these: 0

Oh, never mind. I was going to give you a light bulb, but it tells me that file doesn't exist. You'll have to use your imagination I guess. That zero is a light bulb.

TigerFang
03-18-2009, 03:58 PM
On a related subject, but not football, how do I get a picture by my name like you guys? Do you pick them or does someone else?

mission
03-18-2009, 04:04 PM
On a related subject, but not football, how do I get a picture by my name like you guys? Do you pick them or does someone else?

Go into your profile settings. You should see an option for "Avatars" somewhere... upload a picture, make sure it fits within the size limits.

Patler
03-18-2009, 04:05 PM

After you have been around long enough so we get a feel for your personality, nominations are accepted, then we all get to vote on it.
Right guys and ladies? :wink: :wink:

Patler
03-18-2009, 04:06 PM

Go into your profile settings. You should see an option for "Avatars" somewhere... upload a picture, make sure it fits within the size limits.

Mission, Mission....you forgot the PROCEDURE.... :wink: :wink:

TigerFang
03-18-2009, 04:06 PM

I looked everywhere in there, but there wasn't anything for avatars. Maybe I have to make more posts first. My options end with the date settings. Is there more I have to click for?

mission
03-18-2009, 04:08 PM

I looked everywhere in there, but there wasn't anything for avatars. Maybe I have to make more posts first.

Naw, Patler is right. I forgot the PROOOCEEEDUURE.

:oops:

TigerFang
03-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Someone's going to give me a picture of a butt aren't they?

Patler
03-18-2009, 04:15 PM

Naw, just teasing you TigerFang. It's the off season, and I get bored!
You get to pick out your own, but old age prevents me from remembering how I did it.

I'm sure Mission and others can help you out.

Zool
03-18-2009, 04:17 PM
I looked everywhere in there, but there wasn't anything for avatars. Maybe I have to make more posts first. My options end with the date settings. Is there more I have to click for?

You should be fine right away to put one up. Click profile, then scroll all the way down. Find a pic that is 140x140 pixels or less. Upload it. Good to go.

TigerFang
03-18-2009, 04:38 PM

You should be fine right away to put one up. Click profile, then scroll all the way down. Find a pic that is 140x140 pixels or less. Upload it. Good to go.

I did what you said. The last thing at the bottom of the page is this "Date format: The syntax used is identical to the PHP date() function." And a box with some letters or something in it.

Then there's a Submit and a Reset button. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong. I tried going to the "Home" page before and it said it's broken or something and something about jenga. And the smile faces over there don't work either. Maybe this is broken too? I'm starting to think my computer can't run everything on this site.

MJZiggy
03-18-2009, 06:06 PM
There's supposed to be an avatar control panel below the date. When stuff like that goes wrong for me, the first thing they always tell me is to clear my cache and try again.

Guiness
03-18-2009, 06:18 PM

If you were hoping for an ultra cool shot of a tiger or something, forget about it. Closest to that that we'll vote for you is one of those pictures of a cat with 'ownz u!' on it.

Do you not see this in your control panel?

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3041/prcontrolpanel.jpg

TigerFang
03-18-2009, 06:42 PM
I don't have any of that stuff under the date format. It's just not there. Oh well.

Zool
03-18-2009, 08:44 PM
I don't have any of that stuff under the date format. It's just not there. Oh well.

Hey Retail or Bretsky, why dontcha help the guy out?

SnakeLH2006
03-20-2009, 12:31 AM
Dude if you put up an avatar of Montgomery it'll be the first one Snake has EVER seen. Goddamn, why though??? WHY?? TT sure likes the cheap vets. Montgomery sucks so much ass... :cry: