PDA

View Full Version : Darren Sharper to the Saints

packers11
03-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Saints signed FS Darren Sharper, formerly of the Vikings.

Free safety has been a trouble area in New Orleans since Sean Payton took over as coach. It's just hard to imagine Sharper being the answer. There's a reason nobody else gave the 33-year-old a serious look and he's no longer a playmaker. Sharper brings some leadership, but coordinator Gregg Williams will have to generate more pass rush for this defense to truly improve.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

KYPack
03-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Sharper is a fool. He should have gone to a vet team that has some experienced hands back there. This could be his last hurrah.

MJZiggy
03-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Did he have a choice?

Bretsky
03-18-2009, 09:51 PM
IMO he'd still be effective on a team with a lights out pass rush....Ravens...Steelers...etc. He's still a ballhawk.

Rastak
03-18-2009, 09:56 PM
IMO he'd still be effective on a team with a lights out pass rush....Ravens...Steelers...etc. He's still a ballhawk.

Well, having watched him all last year, he's slowing down. He was a good signing by the Vikes and I'm glad it worked out. I feel they got his last productive years. He was slipping last year and they determined they outright didn't want him back this year. He played out his contract and it worked out but they've got a 2nd year guy ready to step in so we'll now get the chance to see if he can thrive in a new system at his age.

SnakeLH2006
03-20-2009, 12:24 AM
Sharper is a fool. He should have gone to a vet team that has some experienced hands back there. This could be his last hurrah.

True but Snake always liked Sharper ass-hat or not....hard to believe it's been what 4-5 years or so and now peeps are saying he's done?? I thought so years ago, but damn if he didn't still stay playmaker worthy in Vikeland. Does he have a chance for HOF...his stats are nuts, but Snake doubts it based on HUGE wins...but his stats are almost up there with Rod Woodson for safeties....Just sayin'... :shock: 8-)

Fritz
03-20-2009, 07:19 AM
...and of course Sharpy had to take a shot at the Vikes' defensive scheme once he got out the door.

But it'll be different in N'awlins, Sharpy says. This scheme's gonna work, for sure!

I liked Sharper as a player, but I'm a little put off by what seems to be a pattern of taking parting shots on the way out of every door.

Pugger
03-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Was Sharper traded or was a FA?? :?:

Pugger
03-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Was Sharper traded or was he a FA?? :?:

retailguy
03-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Was Sharper traded or was a FA?? :?:

Free agent

Cheesehead Craig
03-24-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm going to miss Sharper on the local FOX news programs. His "great" insights for games and letting the cameras follow him around while he gets manicures and goes clothes shopping were Emmy-quality work right there.

He's trying real hard to "audition" for a TV gig after his playing days are done. He's got the look for TV, but he's about as insightful as Emmitt Smith or Michael Irvin.

Pugger
03-24-2009, 09:47 AM
He had a TV show when he played for the Pack and I thought he sounded like he had marbles in the mouth when he talked! :roll:

Gunakor
03-24-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm going to miss Sharper on the local FOX news programs. His "great" insights for games and letting the cameras follow him around while he gets manicures and goes clothes shopping were Emmy-quality work right there.

He's trying real hard to "audition" for a TV gig after his playing days are done. He's got the look for TV, but he's about as insightful as Emmitt Smith or Michael Irvin.

That at least earns him the privledge of being hired and fired by ESPN...

The Leaper
03-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Perfect...that's where all good disgruntled Packer DBs go to watch their career fade into obscurity.