PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the main page Mad?

CaptainKickass
03-19-2009, 12:16 PM
For the last several days I get this message from http://www.packerrats.com

"Joomla
packerrats.com
This site is down for maintenance.
Please check back again soon"

Fortunately I'm smart enough to add the extension to the URL to get here
http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat but the graphics are missing from the top of the page as well.

I know it's the offseason and that the board is slow anyway, but I wonder if we're missing out on posters comments as a result?

Bossman641
03-19-2009, 12:18 PM
I was wondering the same thing. And the board does seem even slower than normal, I'm guessing there's quite a few people who think the site is down and didn't add the "index" extension.

Jimx29
03-19-2009, 12:25 PM
My machine doesn't show and pic up in the center header. It's just a linked underlined "Packer" which takes you to the forum main page

Guiness
03-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Big things coming!

There's a server upgrade in progress so MTP can properly stream the fight of the decade, Skin Basket and Nutz in a no holds barred, Mazola oil lathered wresting match. With their wives taping it.

I've already paid my $5. Have you?

Zool
03-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Big things coming!

There's a server upgrade in progress so MTP can properly stream the fight of the decade, Skin Basket and Nutz in a no holds barred, Mazola oil lathered wresting match. With their wives taping it.

Skin has hired me to be his cut man. Hope Nutz is ready for the chloroform soaked hand wraps.

MadtownPacker
03-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Don't worry amigos. Just gonna be like that for a week or two. Gonna try to upgrade it a little. I will add a link to the forum for those that might be coming in through there.

falco
03-19-2009, 05:19 PM
mad, can you finally take this shithole mobile? tired of not being able to read these fuckwads posts while driving down the freeway

red
03-19-2009, 05:26 PM
i'm embarrassed by the way the place looks

i hope no one shows up and sees the place like this

pbmax
03-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Big things coming!

Skin has hired me to be his cut man. Hope Nutz is ready for the chloroform soaked hand wraps.
Try Plaster of Paris in his wraps as well. It have worked before.

SnakeLH2006
03-20-2009, 12:13 AM
mad, can you finally take this shithole mobile? tired of not being able to read these fuckwads posts while driving down the freeway

WTF? Snake's posted on here for years using his smartphone. All you need is a PDA phone with Windows 6.1 or even 6.0 and use Opera (it's free) for your browser. Slick as fuck...kinda like Snake. 8-)

KYPack
03-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Big things coming!

I'll be in the corner, too.

First sight of puffiness around Skin's eyes, I'll slit his eyelid, so he can keep fighting.

Zool
03-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Big things coming!

I'll be in the corner, too.

First sight of puffiness around Skin's eyes, I'll slit his eyelid, so he can keep fighting.

CUT ME MICK!

Freak Out
03-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Razor cuts on the glove then soak them in water.....just like that fuck Panama used to do.

MadtownPacker
03-20-2009, 09:47 PM
i'm embarrassed by the way the place looks

i hope no one shows up and sees the place like thisYou are more than welcome to help out. Or you can just keep running your mouth.

red
03-21-2009, 12:14 AM
what do you need help with

i'm only really good with smart assed remarks

Joemailman
03-21-2009, 11:35 PM
what do you need help with

i'm only really good with smart assed remarks

Don't sell yourself short. You're also good with dumb ass remarks. :satan:

SnakeLH2006
03-22-2009, 01:23 AM
Snake did some research to find out the meaning of the new Internet jargon:

1. Joomla (jew-meh-lah)

A Joomla is a bewildered response to a Rat's crazy post. The "jew" part comes from the crazy posters tendency to "pounce" on you when they are trying to provide a baseless argument with loud interjections like "TT SUCKS" or "AROD IS AVERAGE AT BEST".

Though its debatable whether the crazy poster is truly interested in what you are saying or if he/she is just patronizing you, the story usually ends up being truncated for no other reason than to avoid being loudly interrupted. Thus, the "meh" part of Joomla, as it's the only logical response to end the rant.

CRAZY POSTER: Jesus christ, you guys are blind! We are doomed with guys like TT running the show and getting rid of Favre for Arod. Let's trade our next 3 1st round picks for Cutler.

BEWILDERED FOLLOWUP POSTER (hoping to end the argument): Joomla!
:lol:

LL2
03-22-2009, 07:29 AM

1. Joomla (jew-meh-lah)

A Joomla is a bewildered response to a Rat's crazy post. The "jew" part comes from the crazy posters tendency to "pounce" on you when they are trying to provide a baseless argument with loud interjections like "TT SUCKS" or "AROD IS AVERAGE AT BEST".

Though its debatable whether the crazy poster is truly interested in what you are saying or if he/she is just patronizing you, the story usually ends up being truncated for no other reason than to avoid being loudly interrupted. Thus, the "meh" part of Joomla, as it's the only logical response to end the rant.

CRAZY POSTER: Jesus christ, you guys are blind! We are doomed with guys like TT running the show and getting rid of Favre for Arod. Let's trade our next 3 1st round picks for Cutler.

That's pretty good. What about the "lah" part of Joomla?

SnakeLH2006
03-25-2009, 11:07 PM

1. Joomla (jew-meh-lah)

That's pretty good. What about the "lah" part of Joomla?

The "lah" part of Joomla is when you put your fingers in your ears going, "lah, lah, lah, lah, lah" trying to pretend the Joomla worked, but, alas, the crazy poster just keeps on posting.... :lol:

Snake thanks you for pointing out the omission on his definition...Joomla!! :)

MateoInMex
04-03-2009, 01:40 PM

WTF? Snake's posted on here for years using his smartphone. All you need is a PDA phone with Windows 6.1 or even 6.0 and use Opera (it's free) for your browser. Slick as fuck...kinda like Snake. 8-)

I have a certain cell service...it rhymes with Rearizon...I have a Blackberry..supposedly their upgrading for mobile video and newscasts. I stayed connected to the web and PR using my Crackberry...I'm unfamiliar with Opera, do I just Google that shit and download it?

SnakeLH2006
04-03-2009, 11:26 PM

I have a certain cell service...it rhymes with Rearizon...I have a Blackberry..supposedly their upgrading for mobile video and newscasts. I stayed connected to the web and PR using my Crackberry...I'm unfamiliar with Opera, do I just Google that shit and download it?

Internet Explorer for mobile phones is useless and hard to browse complete websites. With Opera you can do that by hitting your touchscreen to zoom in at any point and again to zoom out. Real nice.

Use your mobile phone browser and google Opera Beta 9.51...the latest one...hit the mobile download links and there ya go...it's free..and insanely fast and awesome for ANY website.

BTW, don't buy the Opera 8.65 "full" version as it sucks ass and costs money...the beta 9.51 is fully operational and great.

Snake accepts PayPal donations. :D

digitaldean
04-06-2009, 06:58 PM
For those who are unaware, Joomla is a CMS (content management system).

It allows you to handle more complex websites and their updates. My assumption is he is doing some renovation work.