PDA

View Full Version : Could Ted do something unexpected in the draft?

CaliforniaCheez
03-20-2009, 05:21 PM
I learned of this player a couple of years ago and he had a good game against Wisconsin last year.

Could Ted draft this guy and call him a TE?

Small School, good character, broke many of Jerry Rice's records.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80f5d28e&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Perhaps if Jennings is not going to sign an extension ... this is some insurance.

It seems bizzare but Ted has done some unusual things and does not always draft for need.

Just something to think about. A 6' 6" 230 lbs TE who can run like a WR and would be great in the red zone with the 2nd round pick.

wist43
03-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Jermichael Finley already fits that bill... assuming he every grows up.

That said, of course TT is going to draft someone completely unexpected.

RashanGary
03-20-2009, 08:46 PM
This guy is a good WR. He doesn't seem similar to the other players Ted has drafted at WR.

Jennings, Rodgers, Nelson, Jones, Swain, Murphy were all guys who could make things happen after the catch. This guy is a hell of a player. I like him a lot, but he's not like what we have so I just don't know if Ted is going to value him has high as someone else might.

packrulz
03-21-2009, 08:44 AM
I keep hoping Denver will trade Cutler to the Jets as rumored, and trade with TT to move up and select a QB like Sanchez or Josh Freeman. Denver has the 12th pick, TT would only have to move down 3 spots, and could still draft a quality player, makes sense to me. I won't be suprised at all if TT trades the 9th pick.

Patler
03-21-2009, 09:40 AM
The thread title is intriguing.
"Could Ted do something unexpected in the draft?"

I would answer this way, "Could the sun rise in the east and set in the west?" :lol:

MJZiggy
03-21-2009, 09:52 AM
I wonder if anyone will call it correctly. I sense a contest brewing....

Bretsky
03-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Trade up in round one or round two; to me that would be unexpected

SnakeLH2006
03-22-2009, 02:06 AM
This guy is a good WR. He doesn't seem similar to the other players Ted has drafted at WR.

Jennings, Rodgers, Nelson, Jones, Swain, Murphy were all guys who could make things happen after the catch. This guy is a hell of a player. I like him a lot, but he's not like what we have so I just don't know if Ted is going to value him has high as someone else might.

Who??

Snake's off to Vegas in a week. $100 going down at MGM for a 3rd round punter...That's never been done before. :shock: :roll:

Packnut
03-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Something un-expected would be to have a great draft with at least one freakin impact player.

Un-expected would be drafting for need since we have so many holes. We don't use free agency so how do the holes get plugged?

Tarlam!
03-22-2009, 08:13 AM
I'd be the first to admire your stamina and perseverance at ratting all over TT, Packnut, except for the fact that you completely disappeared during the height of the 13-3 season and didn't raise your head much until after the Championship game.

Fritz
03-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Something un-expected would be to have a great draft with at least one freakin impact player.

Un-expected would be drafting for need since we have so many holes. We don't use free agency so how do the holes get plugged?

Aaron Rodgers, anyone? Or Nick Collins, perhaps, who led the league in nterception return yardage? Or ow about greg Jenins?

None of them impact players? Packnut, your blinders get bigger every day, it seems.

The Shadow
03-22-2009, 10:06 AM
I prefer the wicked rather than the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest.
-- Alexandre Dumas pere

Joemailman
03-22-2009, 10:10 AM
I'd be the first to admire your stamina and perseverance at ratting all over TT, Packnut, except for the fact that you completely disappeared during the height of the 13-3 season and didn't raise your head much until after the Championship game.

Give ol' Packnut a break. I'm sure that season was a very traumatic experience for him. I'm sure gonna miss him if the Packers bounce back with a great season this year.

cpk1994
03-22-2009, 10:24 AM

Un-expected would be drafting for need since we have so many holes. We don't use free agency so how do the holes get plugged?Umm Arron Rodgers isn't an impact player?

MJZiggy
03-22-2009, 10:34 AM

Give ol' Packnut a break. I'm sure that season was a very traumatic experience for him. I'm sure gonna miss him if the Packers bounce back with a great season this year.

You will?

bobblehead
03-22-2009, 12:46 PM
NO, ted would never do someting unexpected. If we run a poll the day before the draft whoever gets the most votes will be exactly who TT takes.

Partial
03-22-2009, 01:20 PM

Un-expected would be drafting for need since we have so many holes. We don't use free agency so how do the holes get plugged?Umm Arron Rodgers isn't an impact player?

How many "Impact" quarterbacks are their in the league, then? Quarterbacks certainly have a huge impact on their team as they touch the ball every offensive snap... but I don't think you're discussing impact in the same way.

texaspackerbacker
03-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Like Johnny Carson used to say, "HOW unexpected will it be?"

Different things would be unexpected to different people--like taking Crabtree if he's available at #9.

Partial
03-22-2009, 07:55 PM
As much as I would hate to take another receiver, I would be hootin' and hollarin' and calling for Ted's head if Crabtree was there and he passed him up. That is unbelievable value at #9. Crabtree is just flat out sick.

Joemailman
03-22-2009, 08:03 PM
People knocked TT for taking a DT at #16 who was injury prone, and now you want him to take a WR at #9 who is sick?

Partial
03-22-2009, 08:07 PM
People knocked TT for taking a DT at #16 who was injury prone, and now you want him to take a WR at #9 who is sick?

:lol: :lol:

The Shadow
03-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Team has plenty of receivers.
Pass on Crabtree. Bigger needs elsewhere.

Bretsky
03-22-2009, 09:44 PM

We had DL when we took Harrell too; maybe TT knew Williams was on a one year stay

SnakeLH2006
03-25-2009, 11:12 PM

We had DL when we took Harrell too; maybe TT knew Williams was on a one year stay

Thank god that Harrell pick worked out, eh...? :cry: Partial, Snake will find you on draft day if we pick Crabtree now. Snakes don't lie. :x

retailguy
03-26-2009, 07:34 AM
I didn't read this thread, but I thought we should have a competing thread titled:

"Could Ted do something EXPECTED on draft day?"

:P

You'd probably get better responses. :wink: