PDA

View Full Version : Carpe diem

Freak Out
03-20-2009, 05:37 PM
A very good friend of mine passed away this afternoon...started coughing up blood and was dead in two minutes. Nothing could be done.

I have to remind my wife occasionally that it's great to save and plan to live a long life and enjoy our "golden years" but you have to enjoy the day...live life, you can't just work and save for a day that may never come. That's why I love to travel and will pretty much try anything once.

This is one of those days that jumps up and kicks you in the nuts and reminds you of that fact.

red
03-20-2009, 05:41 PM
sorry about your friend freak

but that's a motto i agree with

MJZiggy
03-20-2009, 05:48 PM
My sympathies. Times like these definitely remind you of what's important. Drink a toast and remember the good times.

HowardRoark
03-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend.

You really never know when your time will come.

BallHawk
03-20-2009, 06:55 PM
I echo the sympathies of all the other poster. It's a tough loss.

oregonpackfan
03-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Sorry to learn about your loss, Freak Out.

Your advice to value each day and the loved ones in each day is sound advice.

Perhaps the most profound loss I suffered was my 49 year old father dying of a heart attack when I was just 22.

Certainly the most "unfair" deaths were the lives of four of my third grade students. One boy(who was gifted in math) died of a brain tumor as a third grader. Another former bright student died using recreational drugs as a high school student at a party. A third student died of a kidney disease in his 20's. The final student was a young police officer who was shot to death while on duty. His assailant has never been found.

The losses are always painful but we have to offset them by the joys of the good people in our lives.

retailguy
03-21-2009, 06:07 PM
sorry to hear that Freak out. My thoughts are with you.

RashanGary
03-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Sorry for your loss, freakout.