PDA

View Full Version : Opening weekend Prime Time schedule & etc.

K-town
03-23-2009, 04:00 PM
From ESPN:
Pats to host Bills on Monday night
DANA POINT, Calif. -- The Super Bowl champion Steelers will open the 2009 NFL season in Pittsburgh on Sept. 10 against the Tennessee Titans.

In announcing the opening weekend's nationally televised games, the league also said the Chicago Bears will play at Green Bay in the first Sunday night game. Both the Titans-Steelers and Bears-Packers games will be on NBC.

The Monday night doubleheader on ESPN on Sept. 14 will feature Buffalo at New England, followed by San Diego at Oakland.

On Thanksgiving Day, the Detroit Lions will host the Packers in the early game on Fox. The Dallas Cowboys will host the Raiders in the second game on CBS -- Oakland's first Thanksgiving Day game since 1970. In the nightcap to be televised by the NFL Network, the New York Giants will visit the Denver Broncos.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

jramsey495
03-23-2009, 04:07 PM
i'm happy we get the opening sunday night and another thanksgiving game (although i always think the lions play better on thanksgiving), but why on earth do we have to watch buffalo and oakland, and all afc teams at that, on the opening monday night of the season?

Tarlam!
03-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Buffalo = T.O.

Fritz
03-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Yes - I get to see the Packers the first game!

Hey..Maybe this year I should go to Ford Field for Thanksgiving....hmmm...

jramsey495
03-23-2009, 07:58 PM
ahhh... pft explained it. afl's 50th anny so they're using old afl teams on teh opening mnf

BobDobbs
03-24-2009, 01:39 AM
That and Brady returns.