PDA

View Full Version : Packers - Bears season opener Sun. night game

digitaldean
03-23-2009, 10:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4009856

Sunday night, Sept. 13 is the first game. It'll be the Packers kicking the arses of the Muppets of the Midway!

:cow: :pack:

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Great way to start the season. Good old division rival.

BobDobbs
03-24-2009, 01:32 AM
I personally hate having divisional games early in the schedule. That first game is always a crapshoot. Players getting used to new positions and schemes. The timing isn't on yet.

I know its untenable, but I don't think the NFL should even play divisional games until week 3.

I still cn't wait for the game though.

Tarlam!
03-24-2009, 01:35 AM
What Bob said.

sheepshead
03-24-2009, 07:31 AM
Why extend preseason-lets get at 'em right away- Big Fun!

LL2
03-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Has the full schedule been posted?

packers11
03-24-2009, 11:54 AM

No... I think that comes after the draft... They just posted some of the prime time games...

With one Sunday Night game already... A Thanksgiving game... We will have 1-2 Monday Night games... And maybe another Sunday Night (Flex Scheduling) if we do good down the stretch...

We could be having 4-5 prime time games this year (potentially 5-6 if we get a NFL Network game)... :) :wow:

Gunakor
03-24-2009, 12:14 PM
With one Sunday Night game already... A Thanksgiving game... We will have 1-2 Monday Night games... And maybe another Sunday Night (Flex Scheduling) if we do good down the stretch...

We could be having 4-5 prime time games this year (potentially 5-6 if we get a NFL Network game)... :) :wow:

I can't remember a single instance of one team having that many nationally televised games in one season. Is this even allowed?

LL2
03-24-2009, 04:49 PM

No... I think that comes after the draft... They just posted some of the prime time games...

Many were saying that wouldn't happen in the post Favre era!

Gunakor
03-24-2009, 04:52 PM

It won't. We never got 6 nationally televised games (excluding post season, obviously) in any one season with Favre, we certainly aren't going to without him. I don't even think it's allowed. If we have a Sunday Night game and a Thanksgiving game, then it's highly unlikely we'll get more than one MNF game.

Partial
03-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Glad this is a home game. Would not like opening the season on the road against the bears.

Hopefully, we get 'em in the fall both times versus the cold winter.

cpk1994
03-24-2009, 05:12 PM

It won't. We never got 6 nationally televised games (excluding post season, obviously) in any one season with Favre, we certainly aren't going to without him. I don't even think it's allowed. If we have a Sunday Night game and a Thanksgiving game, then it's highly unlikely we'll get more than one MNF game.I think you are missing the point. Many were saying that the Packers wouldn't get ANY prime time games after Favre left. That appears not to be the case.

MadtownPacker
03-24-2009, 05:13 PM
I personally hate having divisional games early in the schedule. That first game is always a crapshoot. Players getting used to new positions and schemes. The timing isn't on yet.

I know its untenable, but I don't think the NFL should even play divisional games until week 3.

I still cn't wait for the game though.This is a great way to kickoff the season. If it does make it a crapshoot it would favor the Packers anyways cuz the defense is going to be new. Unlike the bears who will almost be the same exact team from last season.

MadtownPacker
03-24-2009, 05:14 PM
I think you are missing the point. Many were saying that the Packers wouldn't get ANY prime time games after Favre left. That appears not to be the case.Shut the hell up with your Favre shit you little bitch. It's really annoying. Talk about this great match you panocha.

Gunakor
03-24-2009, 05:49 PM
I think you are missing the point. Many were saying that the Packers wouldn't get ANY prime time games after Favre left. That appears not to be the case.Shut the hell up with your Favre shit you little bitch. It's really annoying. Talk about this great match you panocha.

Relax Mad, he wasn't bitching about Favre or anything surrounding that deal. He was just making the point that LL was trying to make, and he's right. Not too many people thought that we'd have very many prime time games after Favre left. The fact that there are 2 already known about, before the full schedule is even released, is quite surprising indeed. Especially considering we are coming off of a miserable 6 win season.

cpk1994
03-24-2009, 05:58 PM

Relax Mad, he wasn't bitching about Favre or anything surrounding that deal. He was just making the point that LL was trying to make, and he's right. Not too many people thought that we'd have very many prime time games after Favre left. The fact that there are 2 already known about, before the full schedule is even released, is quite surprising indeed. Especially considering we are coming off of a miserable 6 win season.Thank you. That's exactly the point I was making.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-24-2009, 06:07 PM

I love Favre. In a gay way.

Freak Out
03-24-2009, 06:27 PM
We need to hammer the damn pedo bears into the turf and make a statement in week one. A home game against the Orton lead bears is just what this team needs to get on track for a successful 2009 campaign. How can anyone not be fired up for this game?

Gunakor
03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
We need to hammer the damn pedo bears into the turf and make a statement in week one. A home game against the Orton lead bears is just what this team needs to get on track for a successful 2009 campaign. How can anyone not be fired up for this game?

It's March. I'll get fired up for this game come August, don't you worry. Right now I'm not even fired up for the draft just yet.

sheepshead
03-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Full schedule usually comes out the second week of April. Used to be first week and slowly has moved a few days. April 8-12 somewhere in there.

Bretsky
03-24-2009, 06:59 PM

Maybe we should bring paco back to fight with cpk :lol:
Having one extreme here without the other seems like we are missing a twin

Bretsky
03-24-2009, 07:17 PM
[quote=cpk1994]I think you are missing the point. Many were saying that the Packers wouldn't get ANY prime time games after Favre left. That appears not to be the case.Shut the hell up with your Favre shit you little bitch. It's really annoying. Talk about this great match you panocha.

annoying....yup....Perhaps we should bring paco back to fight with cpk; having one extreme here without the other seems like we are missing a twin

digitaldean
03-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Shut the hell up with your Favre shit you little bitch. It's really annoying. Talk about this great match you panocha.

Who needs Rosetta Stone? All I have to do is check back for Mad's postings to expand my Spanish vocabulary! :lol: :lol:

Rastak
03-24-2009, 09:23 PM
[quote=cpk1994]I think you are missing the point. Many were saying that the Packers wouldn't get ANY prime time games after Favre left. That appears not to be the case.Shut the hell up with your Favre shit you little bitch. It's really annoying. Talk about this great match you panocha.

annoying....yup....Perhaps we should bring paco back to fight with cpk; having one extreme here without the other seems like we are missing a twin

He is right though. Some speculated that when Favre left Green Bay there would be no national TV interest, but I think Rodgers doing well but the team struggling has made a good story and I think the NFL wants to followup on that and see how it turns out.

cpk1994
03-24-2009, 10:07 PM

Having one extreme here without the other seems like we are missing a twinSo are you denying that people said that once Favre was gone there would be any prime time games? People did say that and it appears they are wrong. No shit starting, justs facts.

GrnBay007
03-24-2009, 10:10 PM
So are you denying that people said that once Favre was gone there would be any prime time games? People did say that and it appears they are wrong. No shit starting, justs facts.

I don't remember anyone saying there would be NO prime time games. I remember people said there would be LESS.

Bretsky
03-25-2009, 12:32 AM

Having one extreme here without the other seems like we are missing a twinSo are you denying that people said that once Favre was gone there would be any prime time games? People did say that and it appears they are wrong. No shit starting, justs facts.

You gravitate to all anti Favre facts for your bashing agenda; at least you are consistent...like...

cpk1994
03-25-2009, 08:36 AM

You gravitate to all anti Favre facts for your bashing agenda; at least you are consistent...like...This isn't an anti Favre fact. Let me slow this down so you understand:

1: People said the Packers wouldn't have prime time games anymore after Favre left.

2: This year, a year after Favre left, the Packers have 2 prime time games with more possibly on the way.

3:So doesn't the fact in #2 refute the statment from #1? Doesn't that hold true no matter what you think of Favre?

I simply stated a fact. It is you and Mad that are making this out to be Favre bashing. I mean, why aren't you accusing LL2 of Favre bashing? After all, I merely repeated his original point. The only one with an agenda in this thread is you in going after me.

Zool
03-25-2009, 08:39 AM
I hate to agree with the current outcast of the forum but he's right. There were a couple people who said "we'll be lucky to get a single prime time game this season" (pre '08).

If pressed I spose I could search for it. I'm going to guess it was one of the usual suspects who said it, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it was said.

Gunakor
03-25-2009, 01:02 PM

You gravitate to all anti Favre facts for your bashing agenda; at least you are consistent...like...

He wasn't trying to start anything here though. Just because Favre was mentioned by cpk doesn't mean it was said as a slight against him. The original comment that started all of this was directed at me, and I didn't take it as a slight against Favre at all. So let it go please. Everyone. Thank you.

Packers4Ever
03-26-2009, 07:25 PM

He is right though. Some speculated that when Favre left Green Bay there would be no national TV interest, but I think Rodgers doing well but the team struggling has made a good story and I think the NFL wants to
followup on that and see how it turns out.

I think you nailed it, Rastak !