PDA

View Full Version : Contest: Pick TT's Position Picks

Tarlam!
03-25-2009, 10:50 AM
TT says we have no glaring holes. TT always manages to surprise. TT has 9 picks that he could turn into 12 picks or 7 picks - that'ss anyone's guess! Makes for a good guessing competition, no?

The goal of the contest is to pick the position of the drafted player in the order TT drafts him.

Points will range from 5 - 15, covering 11 draft picks from the outset. This will be adjusted after the draft so that the final draft pick will get 15 points and the first will get, say, 7 if TT only picks 9 times. Pick 10 and 11 won't count.

3 points awarded for the position in the wrong round. But only once: e.g. you select a CB on pick 4, TT picks a CB with 5 & 6, you only get 3 points.

For ease of use, quote the next post and enter your selections. GOOD LUCK!!

Tarlam!
03-25-2009, 10:50 AM
(5 pts) Pick 1:

(6 pts) Pick 2:

(7 pts) Pick 3:

(8 pts) Pick 4:

(9 pts) Pick 5:

(10 pts) Pick 6:

(11 pts) Pick 7:

(12 pts) Pick 8:

(13 pts) Pick 9:

(14 pts) Pick 10:

(15 pts) Pick 11:

Tarlam!
03-25-2009, 11:46 AM
(5 pts) Pick 1: DE

(6 pts) Pick 2: NT

(7 pts) Pick 3: OT

(8 pts) Pick 4: OLB

(9 pts) Pick 5: CB

(10 pts) Pick 6: RB

(11 pts) Pick 7: CB

(12 pts) Pick 8: LS

(13 pts) Pick 9: CB

(14 pts) Pick 10: OLB

(15 pts) Pick 11: WR

texaspackerbacker
03-25-2009, 12:04 PM
This is a little bit complicated. A low score is better, right? Like golf?

I'll go with OT in the first (TT's first), CB in the second (TT's second), RB/Slash player like Pat White in the third (TT's third), NT with the other pick in the third (TT's fourth), another OT in the fourth (TT's fifth), a punter in the 5th(TT's sixth), another D Lineman in the 6th (TT's 7th), a WR and a LB in the 7th (TT's 8th or 9th)--assuming the other extra pick is in the 7th.

Tarlam, perhaps you could illustrate the point system for your contest by making up a fictitious draft and comparing it to my picks.

Tarlam!
03-25-2009, 12:09 PM
No Tex. I think it's harder to pick the later rounds than the earlier ones. So that's why the high score wins.

Hit the quote button on the second post of this thread. It is not which DRAFT ROUND, it is which TT DRAFT PICK. Lord knows, he might trade out of the first round...

I can't give you a dummy score until I know what TT does draft day...

cheesner
03-25-2009, 12:09 PM
(5 pts) Pick 1: OT

(6 pts) Pick 2: OLB

(7 pts) Pick 3: DE

(8 pts) Pick 4: G/OT (do i get extra credit?)

(9 pts) Pick 5:CB

(10 pts) Pick 6:WR

(11 pts) Pick 7:NT

(12 pts) Pick 8:OLB

(13 pts) Pick 9:TE

(14 pts) Pick 10:WR

(15 pts) Pick 11:WR

Tex. High score better. Quote Post #2 to maintain same format.

Tarlam!
03-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Yes, you can have G/OT, but you only get the points if that is his depicted position. If depicted as G or OT = no points.

sharpe1027
03-25-2009, 12:24 PM
(5 pts) Pick 1: DE (No good explanation, just a gut feeling)

(6 pts) Pick 2: WR (They always has an ace up their sleeves for a WR early)

(7 pts) Pick 3: OG (I think there might still be some good value linemen later on the first day)

(8 pts) Pick 4: CB (You can never have too many)

(9 pts) Pick 5: DT (Looking for a solid contributor in the rotation, seems about the right spot.)

(10 pts) Pick 6: OLB (Seems about right spot to take a chance on a DE for conversion to OLB)

(11 pts) Pick 7: OLB (Seems about right spot to take a chance on a DE for conversion to OLB)

(12 pts) Pick 8: TE (Why not?)

(13 pts) Pick 9: DE (3-4 is supposed to be less demanding, need a guy that can hold up, but doesn't need to get consistent pass-rush, get someone late)

14 pts) Pick 10: RB (Take a chance on a little-known guy or a guy with some problems, but good talent)

(15 pts) Pick 11: OT (Who knows?)

texaspackerbacker
03-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Yes, you can have G/OT, but you only get the points if that is his depicted position. If depicted as G or OT = no points.

OK. I would have thought more picks for the high rounds because they are more important, but it's your contest. I was gonna ask also about how specific it has to be--O Line only or specify OT, G, or C, D line only or NT or DE, DB only or CB or S, LB only or ILB or OLB?

texaspackerbacker
03-25-2009, 12:26 PM
oops double post.

Tarlam!
03-25-2009, 12:30 PM
OK, this is a mock score using Tex's selections as if the were TT's actual draft. There wer 9 picks made, so, pick 1 is worth 7 and 9 is worth 15 points.

(7 pts) Pick 1: OT - OT 7 points awarded

(8 pts) Pick 2: OLB - CB - 3 points awarded (see pick 5)

(9 pts) Pick 3: DE - RB - 0 points

(10 pts) Pick 4: G/OT - NT - 0 points awarded

(11 pts) Pick 5:CB - G/OT . 3 points awarded (see pick 4)

(12 pts) Pick 6:WR - P - 0 points

(13 pts) Pick 7:NT - NT - 13 points awarded

(14 pts) Pick 8:OLB - WR -3 points awarded (see pick 6)

(15 pts) Pick 9:TE - OLB - 3 points awarded (see pick 8)

Total = 32 points Edited becuase DT = NT in the 3-4 system

Gunakor
03-25-2009, 12:31 PM
I would hope TT doesn't use another 2nd round pick on a CB. I'd like to see my 2nd round pick on the field at some point this season.

First round I'd like to see him draft Raji, but I'm assuming he'll be off the board at this point. So I'll go ahead and guess that he'll likely draft an OLB with his first pick.

Second pick I think he gets his NT.

Third pick I think he gets a DE or perhaps an OT, and will use his fourth pick on whichever of those two positions he does not spend his third on.

At some point in this draft he's going to draft a player at an offensive skill position, as he always does, so I'll guess that he drafts another WR with his fifth pick.

With his sixth pick I think he might take a CB. The reason I rank CB so low is because they already have their starters at CB, T-Will has the nickelback gig, and they used a 2nd round pick on Pat Lee last year.

With his seventh pick, I think he takes another stab at an OL. Probably a guy who can play all over the line rather than a pure guard or pure tackle. Which is fine, because by this point in the draft you are only looking for depth anyway.

With his eighth pick, I think he'll look at a hard hitting SS to backup Bigby (if there are any left). I would hate to see Woodson being shifted to SS in this defense and asking him to help in the box with run support. Visions of him being bowled over by Brandon Jacobs are still fresh in my mind. I'd definitely address this at some point in the draft, but not early as there are bigger needs right now.

With his ninth pick I think he goes back to LB. He'll likely be looking for ST's value here.

The last one I'm going to guess at is a tenth pick, and if it goes that far, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him draft another QB. Ron Wolf had a habit of regularly drafting QB's, and I think Thompson might follow suit in this regard.

Tarlam!
03-25-2009, 12:35 PM
I was gonna ask also about how specific it has to be--O Line only or specify OT, G, or C, D line only or NT or DE, DB only or CB or S, LB only or ILB or OLB?

Great point. We should go with

QB, RB, , FB, OG, OT, C, TE WR, G/OT
P, K, LS
DE, NT, OLB, ILB, CB, FS, SS (DT = NT)

Sharpe, would you mind editing your LB into OLB's, DB eith CB, FS or SS

Gun, please use the second post in this thread for your selections to make scoring easier. Add your comments by all means...

Gunakor
03-25-2009, 12:45 PM
(5 pts) Pick 1: First round I'd like to see him draft Raji, but I'm assuming he'll be off the board at this point. So I'll go ahead and guess that he'll likely draft an OLB with his first pick.

(6 pts) Pick 2: Second pick I think he gets his NT.

(7 pts) Pick 3: Third pick I think he gets a DE or perhaps an OT, and will use his fourth pick on whichever of those two positions he does not spend his third on.

(8 pts) Pick 4: See above. Score these two however you'd like. They'll both be wrong anyway :lol:

(9 pts) Pick 5: At some point in this draft he's going to draft a player at an offensive skill position, as he always does, so I'll guess that he drafts another WR with his fifth pick.

(10 pts) Pick 6: With his sixth pick I think he might take a CB. The reason I rank CB so low is because they already have their starters at CB, T-Will has the nickelback gig, and they used a 2nd round pick on Pat Lee last year.

(11 pts) Pick 7: With his seventh pick, I think he takes another stab at an OL. Probably a guy who can play all over the line rather than a pure guard or pure tackle. Which is fine, because by this point in the draft you are only looking for depth anyway.

(12 pts) Pick 8: With his eighth pick, I think he'll look at a hard hitting SS to backup Bigby (if there are any left). I would hate to see Woodson being shifted to SS in this defense and asking him to help in the box with run support. Visions of him being bowled over by Brandon Jacobs are still fresh in my mind. I'd definitely address this at some point in the draft, but not early as there are bigger needs right now.

(13 pts) Pick 9: With his ninth pick I think he goes back to LB. He'll likely be looking for ST's value here.

(14 pts) Pick 10: The last one I'm going to guess at is a tenth pick, and if it goes that far, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him draft another QB. Ron Wolf had a habit of regularly drafting QB's, and I think Thompson might follow suit in this regard.

(15 pts) Pick 11: forfeit this score if TT picks 11 times, I couldn't possibly guess at what a GM's 11th pick in any one particular draft would be. Not very often at all that happens, even to a draft pick whore like TT.

red
03-25-2009, 07:56 PM
(5 pts) Pick 1: DE (listed as DE, he'll be a OLB for us)

(6 pts) Pick 2: DT (he'll be a DE for us)

(7 pts) Pick 3: DT

(8 pts) Pick 4:OG

(9 pts) Pick 5:RB

(10 pts) Pick 6:CB

(11 pts) Pick 7:OT

(12 pts) Pick 8:TE

(13 pts) Pick 9:LB

(14 pts) Pick 10:C

(15 pts) Pick 11:DT

those are all just guesses except the first 3 or so

1st- i think rak, everette brown or maybin. i think raji will be gone

2nd- i'm thinking jerron gilbert

3rd- sammie lee hill

or if raji is there

1st -raji
2nd-clint sintim, or larry english, or jerron gilbert

at least thats what i would go for if i was TT

i think lol

wist43
03-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Sintim and English will both be gone by our 2nd round pick... TT won't have much interest in them either I fear, as I like both of them; at least to the extent that I've scouted them - which hasn't been much yet, but what I've seen of them I like.

bobblehead
03-25-2009, 10:24 PM
(5 pts) Pick 1: OT

(6 pts) Pick 2: CB

(7 pts) Pick 3: NT

(8 pts) Pick 4: DE

(9 pts) Pick 5: LB

(10 pts) Pick 6: LB

(11 pts) Pick 7: DE

(12 pts) Pick 8: DE

(13 pts) Pick 9: DE

(14 pts) Pick 10: NT

(15 pts) Pick 11: NT

Waldo
03-25-2009, 11:01 PM
(5 pts) Pick 1: DE/OLB (3-4 OLB)

(6 pts) Pick 2: C

(7 pts) Pick 3: DE (5 tech)

(8 pts) Pick 4: NT

(9 pts) Pick 5: TE

(10 pts) Pick 6: WR

(11 pts) Pick 7: RTO

(12 pts) Pick 8: DE/OLB (3-4 OLB)

(14 pts) Pick 10: DE (5 tech)

(15 pts) Pick 11: RB

Kampmanfan4life
03-25-2009, 11:23 PM
(5 pts) Pick 1: NT

(6 pts) Pick 2: OT

(8 pts) Pick 4: OLB

(9 pts) Pick 5: OL

(10 pts) Pick 6: DE

(11 pts) Pick 7: OG

(12 pts) Pick 8: TE

(14 pts) Pick 10: RB

(15 pts) Pick 11 :OLB

SnakeLH2006
03-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Snake is easily pleased. If we all get a top-notch BJ, or some boobs, aka "Manboobs" Smith at OT.... I'm sure everyone wins. 8-)

GrnBay007
03-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Drawing from a hat will give you the best chance! :P

But I'll play....I love contests! Good idea Tarlam.

(5 pts) Pick 1: DT

(6 pts) Pick 2: CB

(8 pts) Pick 4: LB

(9 pts) Pick 5: TE

(10 pts) Pick 6: OT

(11 pts) Pick 7: OG

(12 pts) Pick 8: OLB

(13 pts) Pick 9: WR

(14 pts) Pick 10: RB

(15 pts) Pick 11: CB

packrulz
03-26-2009, 06:17 AM
(5 pts) Pick 1:OT

(6 pts) Pick 2:WR

(7 pts) Pick 3:OLB

(8 pts) Pick 4:CB

(9 pts) Pick 5:WR

(10 pts) Pick 6:OLB

(11 pts) Pick 7:NT

(12 pts) Pick 8:CB

(13 pts) Pick 9:RB

(14 pts) Pick 10:DT

(15 pts) Pick 11:OLB

sheepshead
03-26-2009, 07:36 AM
I'll bet he takes a running back on day one.

Gunakor
03-26-2009, 10:13 AM
I'll bet he takes a running back on day one.

I'll bet he doesn't take a runningback this entire draft. We have 4 guys all 26 years old or younger already in our backfield (Grant, Jackson, Wynn, Lumpkin). If he does take one, it won't be until very late, and he'll only be a camp body/PS material.

wist43
03-26-2009, 12:13 PM
If we get to our pick in any round, and the BPA on TT's board is a RB... you can bet your ass he'll take him. Afterall, we'll "need" a RB in 4-5 years :)

Gunakor
03-26-2009, 12:23 PM
If we get to our pick in any round, and the BPA on TT's board is a RB... you can bet your ass he'll take him. Afterall, we'll "need" a RB in 4-5 years :)

I disagree. When drafting for future need, like the Rodgers pick, it is a need we know will arise sooner rather than later. Or the Nelson pick, considering Driver's age. But there is nothing I can see that would signal even future need at RB. There's a whole lot of tread left on each set of tires.

Tarlam!
04-08-2009, 02:19 AM
Since Joe started a new contest, I thought I'd bump mine.....

GrnBay007
04-23-2009, 10:33 PM
BUMP

In preparation for the big "D" Day!! :D

Gunakor
04-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Well I had guessed TT might draft a SS with his 8th pick, but that was before he signed Anthony Smith at SS. Now I'm almost positive he won't draft one at any point this year.