PDA

View Full Version : I made it.

KYPack
03-26-2009, 05:56 PM
It is with a lot of mixed emotions that I post this.

All those bullshit stories I tell about old Packer games are true. Because I am old, I was there.

I sit here typing with a shot of Crown Royal in front of me.

I'm getting ready to go to the Keys for a Birthday dive trip. It's my 45th year as a scuba diver. I went to my first Packer game 51 years ago.

It's also my 60th year on earth. Today is my birthday and I'm 60!

A lot of people said I'd never make 30 and they are all wrong.

Happy B'Day to me, fellow Packer Rats!

mission
03-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Happy birthday, old timer!! Congratulations!

As another person who has heard "you'll never make it to 30", I appreciate your accomplishment.

I have about 18 months to go... to 30, that is. Hopefully I make it. :D

Ill drink one for ya :glug:

Brando19
03-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Happy Birthday, KYPack! 60 years young. Make sure you don't have a crown royal in front of you before you go scuba diving!

gbpackfan
03-26-2009, 06:07 PM
60 years! Wow, you are f-ing old. Ha ha. Just kidding.

Happy B-day and I hope you have many more!

:D

gbpackfan
03-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Happy birthday, old timer!! Congratulations!

As another person who has heard "you'll never make it to 30", I appreciate your accomplishment.

I have about 18 months to go... to 30, that is. Hopefully I make it. :D

Ill drink one for ya :glug:

Misson, I just hit 30 the other day. It's strange not being in my 20's any more. Are we supposed to be calling kids "whipper-snappers" and "buggers" now?

The Shadow
03-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Turned 60 last November.
Happy birthday, Young Whippersnapper.

red
03-26-2009, 06:14 PM
holy cow you guys are old

i never would have guessed you two being that old

happy birthday KY

diving sounds like a great way to spend the time

wist43
03-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Happy birthday :glug:

Noodle
03-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Keep on keepin' on, KY, you make this board a much better place.

We oldsters need to stay strong to give these damn kids with their pierced noses and their break dancing some dag nab perspective.

Enjoy the Keys, but if you see any sting rays, keep yer' friggin distance. Steve Irwin had to learn that lesson the hard way!

Rastak
03-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Happy Birthday KY!

Many more to come!

Lurker64
03-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Happy Birthday KY!

oregonpackfan
03-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Happy Birthday, KY!

May you have many more birthdays. It is good to have posters on this forum who were around during the Lombardi glory days.

Gunakor
03-26-2009, 06:46 PM

All those bullshit stories I tell about old Packer games are true. Because I am old, I was there.

I'm getting ready to go to the Keys for a Birthday dive trip. It's my 45th year as a scuba diver. I went to my first Packer game 51 years ago.

Happy B-Day KY!

HarveyWallbangers
03-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Happy B-Day! And you aren't one of those old, angry codgers that always talk about the glory days of Lombardi.

oregonpackfan
03-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Happy B-Day! And you aren't one of those old, angry codgers that always talk about the glory days of Lombardi.

I resemble that remark! :)

Packers4Ever
03-26-2009, 06:57 PM
A BIG Happy Birthday to you, KY, hey you're just a kid yet far as I'm

concerned, and there's still lots of fun ahead. Be sure to stick around

b'cause you are definitely needed here. :P Have a great trip and watch

those Crown Royals!

sheepshead
03-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Happy Birthday my main man. Age is only a number. The keys sounds very cool. I have been a padi diver for about 15 years now. I want to hear how the dives were. I took the kids there a few years ago and we did a glass bottom boat thing, good vis at times not not much to see.

Cheers my Packer Brother.

Bretsky
03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Happy B'day

falco
03-26-2009, 07:17 PM
how pretentious of you to put this thread here, instead of the romper room :lol:

MJZiggy
03-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Happy Birthday, KY! Keep on keeping on!!

Enjoy!

retailguy
03-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Happy Bday KY! And many more too!

KYPack
03-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey, many thanks everybody.

I hope the youngbloods make it to this point, can't believe I did it somehow.

Don't sweat it, it's Crown at the bar, no shots on the boat.

Now you know there's that post-dive Bud, right?

texaspackerbacker
03-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Happy Birthday, KY. You're only about two years behind me.

Fritz
03-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Happy Birthday, you old coot.

Be safe, dive slow, and savor the Crown Royal.

Then get back here to keep the young 'uns in line.

Tarlam!
03-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Happy Birthday, Shep.

I'm no longer a Naui Instructer, but I was when I was 23.... That was 23 years ago!

GrnBay007
03-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Happy B-Day KY!! Enjoy your trip too...sounds great!!!!

Packnut
03-26-2009, 09:25 PM
May the football god's grant all your Bithday wishes today and for many years to come.

The Leaper
03-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Congrats KY...I drink a beer to you.

KYPack
03-26-2009, 09:58 PM
how pretentious of you to put this thread here, instead of the romper room :lol:
Oh, OK Falco.

Yeah, I've been laying for ya since that "pretentious" shit, but I see you are too clever for me.

Thanx fer the sentiments.

Maybe even our blue leader, MTP will chip in, what the hell it's free.

Zool
03-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Holy shit 60?! I had no idea. Shadow and Tex yes, but I would never have guessed. Good job on 3/5ths of a century.

http://www.bobpazsignshop.com/images/OldFartXingL394.jpg

Rastak
03-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Oh, OK Falco.

Yeah, I've been laying for ya since that "pretentious" shit, but I see you are too clever for me.

Thanx fer the sentiments.

Maybe even our blue leader, MTP will chip in, what the hell it's free.

If ever a thread deserved to be front and center.......

Freak Out
03-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Enjoy the water and the scenery...happy birthday.

BTW...what's the secret? Fried food?

MadtownPacker
03-26-2009, 11:31 PM

Shit I didnt know you where that old. Hopefully ARod can win a championship before you bite the big one. :lol:

Happy Birthday and I say drink a shitload when you go diving. Youre playing with house money now anyways.

BZnDallas
03-26-2009, 11:34 PM
happy birthday KY!!!

Tarlam!
03-27-2009, 12:28 AM
Youre playing with house money now anyways.

Coffee outta my nose funny, Mad! :D :D :D :D

Brohm
03-27-2009, 12:50 AM
Happy B-Day!

vince
03-27-2009, 06:05 AM
Happy belated birthday and enjoy the trip pal! 60 years young! I hope the Crown hasn't gotten the best of you today.

I'm jealous about the dive trip. Enjoy the Keys and don't get anywhere near a computer to visit us Rats. There's more intelligent life undersea anyway. :oops:

Let us poor northerners know about your trip OK? And remember KY, if you see a bull shark, stab your dive buddy and swim like hell!

SkinBasket
03-27-2009, 07:12 AM

Yeah. Happy birthday, be safe, drive slow, and stay the fuck out the way of us who still have the will to live!

You know I'm kidding. But 60 is the new 40. Go buy yourself something red that looks like a penis to drive around in.

Fritz
03-27-2009, 07:27 AM

Yeah. Happy birthday, be safe, drive slow, and stay the fuck out the way of us who still have the will to live!

You know I'm kidding. But 60 is the new 40. Go buy yourself something red that looks like a penis to drive around in.

LMAO!!!

KYPack
03-27-2009, 08:50 AM

Shit I didnt know you where that old. Hopefully ARod can win a championship before you bite the big one. :lol:

Happy Birthday and I say drink a shitload when you go diving. Youre playing with house money now anyways.

You don't know "where" shit is, Bro.

But I knew that.

Thanks back at ya.

Birthday hangovers are a lot tougher at this advanced age.

I'm headed to a peep show in my red Sebring to recover.

GBRulz
03-27-2009, 09:13 PM
I didn't see this earlier, KY as I don't get on here much anymore, but I wanted to say HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY !!! Have an excellent time on your trip.

Because not all of us are as old as you :wink: and probably don't appreciate it as much... I thought I'd pass along that I ran into Carroll Dale down in Myrtle Beach about two weeks ago. I had a Packer shirt on and he came up and talked to me, showed me his rings and stuff. Nice guy.

Brando19
03-27-2009, 09:22 PM
I didn't see this earlier, KY as I don't get on here much anymore, but I wanted to say HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY !!! Have an excellent time on your trip.

Because not all of us are as old as you :wink: and probably don't appreciate it as much... I thought I'd pass along that I ran into Carroll Dale down in Myrtle Beach about two weeks ago. I had a Packer shirt on and he came up and talked to me, showed me his rings and stuff. Nice guy.

I have gone to Myrtle Beach every year for the past 20 years and nothing like this has ever happened to me! :(

KYPack
03-27-2009, 09:24 PM

Cool. Did Carroll have his teeth fixed. Last time I saw him interviewed he had that "Old ex-NFL player" gap.

Thanx, Michelle.

SnakeLH2006
03-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Happy B-day old man!!

Now Snake really wonders...could you really handle Drew Barrymore at 60? Then again, if you really do some diving, I'm sure she'd be applicable to your advances! Good day bro!! :D

red
03-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Happy B-day old man!!

Now Snake really wonders...could you really handle Drew Barrymore at 60? :D

not without pills

SnakeLH2006
03-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Happy B-day old man!!

Now Snake really wonders...could you really handle Drew Barrymore at 60? :D

not without pills

Ah who cares though...If I was 60 and horny for Drew Barrymore I'd take a shit-ton of pills to have the chance (who cares if you die..you're old anyway...go out with a bang yo!)...

But being 28 and able to/and have had the time to knock hella girls hotter than Drew Barrymore (Snake never thought she was all that) prob. not.

Relax Red....I was only trying to brighten the old man's day. We've all banged Drew Barrymore...c'mon..... :lol:

oregonpackfan
03-28-2009, 12:15 AM

This "Old Fart" always liked Carroll Dale. He was a high character guy on and off the field. He was one of the more reliable receivers Bart Starr had along with Max McGee and Boyd Dowler.

KYPack
03-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Happy B-day old man!!

Now Snake really wonders...could you really handle Drew Barrymore at 60? Then again, if you really do some diving, I'm sure she'd be applicable to your advances! Good day bro!! :D

Please Snake.

Fritz staked that claim and I will honor his intentions.

Diving at advanced age? Sure. Jacques Cousteau dove until he was 82.

Sex after diving? Well, if you ever get to this age you'll learn it's the bedroom OR the ocean. But you ain't gonna go in both places on the same day.

Fritz
03-28-2009, 08:59 AM

This "Old Fart" always liked Carroll Dale. He was a high character guy on and off the field. He was one of the more reliable receivers Bart Starr had along with Max McGee and Boyd Dowler.

I used to love those ol' receivers...but I always thought, what funny names. Carroll and Boyd.

privatepacker
03-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Another AARP PADI certified diver saying happy birthday and also enjoy all of those old games. Still keep the 66 game vs. Dallas as my favorite not the Ice Bowl.

GBRulz
03-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Cool. Did Carroll have his teeth fixed. Last time I saw him interviewed he had that "Old ex-NFL player" gap.

Thanx, Michelle.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/packer.jpg

They looked pretty normal to me. Now, only if McCarren would get his finger fixed....yeah, right.

MJZiggy
03-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Oh he flaunts that finger like a badge of honor!! No way he ever fixes that!

GBRulz
03-29-2009, 10:48 AM
I have gone to Myrtle Beach every year for the past 20 years and nothing like this has ever happened to me! :(

Well, on the downside, I also had some ex Cowboys player at some bar in Greenville, SC, flaunting his rings from when they beat the Bills,(and knocked the Pack out of the playoffs). I can't even remember his name...but I know I talked to B and Harvey about it at the time, maybe they remember!!

GBRulz
03-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Oh he flaunts that finger like a badge of honor!! No way he ever fixes that!

you're absolutely right about that, but one can hope :lol:

Patler
03-29-2009, 11:49 AM

Dale had a funny way of catching the ball for a pro. Sort of cradled it in his arms/hands against his chest when he could. Did it frequently. Coaches would go bonkers if they saw that now. Also ran a little bit hunched over. He was the exact opposite of Boyd Dowler, who was straight and tall and caught with his hands, arms extended. Great WR combination.