PDA

View Full Version : Proud Papa of Alt. Rock band drummer!!!

AtlPackFan
07-12-2006, 08:29 PM
My son's band is starting to make some noise outside of Atlanta and I just have to brag to someone. All my family has already heard me a hundred thousand times and the people I work with listen to Country and could care less so who better to brag to...er, I mean tell, than my fellow posters at Packerrats!

They have had some pretty decent breaks in the past few years (Opened for Jet once and Weezer) but up until about 6 months ago all they were playing were local clubs in the Atlanta area. However, in the last six months they have played at clubs in Nashville, TN; Birmingham, AL; Orlando, FL; and Charlotte, NC. And this past week they played at the DarkRoom Bar in Chicago and at CBGBs in New York (I'm told CBGBs is a big deal...lauching club for The Ramones and Blondie).

Now, there CD is on sale on both iTunes and on Amazon!

I just want them to become famous so he makes lots of money and thanks his Mom and Dad by giving us a bunch of the moola so we can buy a house on the beach in Destin and I can retire!!! :mrgreen:

Name of the Band: Second Shift, www.secondshiftmusic.com
Name of the Album: Boozed and Bruised.

OK...I'm done bragging.

Deputy Nutz
07-12-2006, 08:33 PM
You have every right to brag, congrats on raising an already successful son

GrnBay007
07-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Congrats Atlpackfan!

I checked out a review they got -

Second Shift
Boozed and Bruised

This Atlanta quintet combines blistering guitar solos with fast-paced rhythms and quirky melodies for a sound that evokes comparisons to bands ranging from Nirvana and Weezer to The Cars and Green Day. Boozed and Bruised exudes a rock 'n' roll confidence sure to propel the band to big things in the near future.

Sounds like they have a good thing going!!

FavreChild
07-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Bring on the Dirty South ROCK! :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
07-12-2006, 08:53 PM
That band must have had some incredible parental support back in the garage band days. Bragging, er...announcing is justified and to be expected.

AtlPackFan
07-12-2006, 08:59 PM
That band must have had some incredible parental support back in the garage band days.

The band practiced in our basement for the first two years of their existance until my wife got sick of the mess they kept leaving and kicked them out. We laugh about it now...but at the time... :smile:

HarveyWallbangers
07-12-2006, 09:13 PM
CBGBs is closing. CBGB stands for Country Blue Grass & Blues. It ended up being the breeding ground for a lot of punk bands.