PDA

View Full Version : Jennings: I want to be a Packer

digitaldean
03-31-2009, 09:03 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090331/PKR01/90331163/1057/PKR&located=RSS

Good article, Greg Jennings. Read it, but here's one heartening quote.

"In my heart of hearts, honestly, I feel like I’m going to be a Green Bay Packer for my career"

Article states he did a total body scan and he has less body fat than last and more muscle. Lets hope that translates to a bigger season to an already good start to a fine career.

Bossman641
03-31-2009, 09:22 PM
Greg Jennings is not only a great player, he seems like a great guy as well. Lock him up!!!

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-31-2009, 10:09 PM
DD Jr.

bobblehead
03-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Absolutely, while TWill is holding out we should do everything we can to extend this guy. Pay him fair market for his numbers and all. Show the world that a class act who earns it gets it.

steve823
03-31-2009, 10:41 PM
makes me happy i got his jersey :D great guy and a class act. unfortunately there aren't too many of them left in the Nfl as most of them are convicts

pittstang5
04-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Absolutely, while TWill is holding out we should do everything we can to extend this guy. Pay him fair market for his numbers and all. Show the world that a class act who earns it gets it.

Not to get off topic, but, Tramon is not holding out, at least not yet. He's there participating in the workout sessions. He may not workout at the OTAs because he has yet to sign his tender and if I'm not mistaken, he can't until he signs his tender. Collins isn't there, unless something changed.

Anyway, This is good news, but I won't be overjoyed until an extension is signed. At the very least with all the potential free agents next year and Mucho cap space, there should be no reason Jennings can't be given an extension now. Get it done!

wist43
04-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Be a hoot if Jennings blows his knee out in the 1st game b/4 he signs an extension... and TT boots him to curb, ala Walker, lol.

sharpe1027
04-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Be a hoot if Jennings blows his knee out in the 1st game b/4 he signs an extension... and TT boots him to curb, ala Walker, lol.

Bear fans everywhere agree with you.

Gunakor
04-01-2009, 11:05 AM

3 things about this. First, GJ has had more than just one productive season for us. Second, GJ is a TT pick. I have to imagine that TT has more invested in GJ than JW, and would give him a chance he wouldn't give to Walker. Third, GJ has a much better attitude than JW. Bigger fan favorite than JW was as a result. All things considered, if the same thing happened to Jennings as did Walker, my guess is GJ remains a Packer regardless.

bobblehead
04-01-2009, 11:36 AM

3 things about this. First, GJ has had more than just one productive season for us. Second, GJ is a TT pick. I have to imagine that TT has more invested in GJ than JW, and would give him a chance he wouldn't give to Walker. Third, GJ has a much better attitude than JW. Bigger fan favorite than JW was as a result. All things considered, if the same thing happened to Jennings as did Walker, my guess is GJ remains a Packer regardless.

Point one is the only one that really matters. JWalk had about 10 good games on his resume and wanted big time money. GW has 2 good seasons on his resume (not great) and from the little that has been printed, he is looking for a fair contract.

packers04
04-01-2009, 12:15 PM
greg jennings is an allworld player and person, no way the pack lets him leave. guaranteed.

Fritz
04-01-2009, 01:20 PM

I'm completely disappointed by this statement, Wist.

PlantPage55
04-01-2009, 03:47 PM

No shit. How cynical can you get?

Bossman641
04-01-2009, 03:51 PM

Agreed. I don't think it'd be a hoot to see any player blow out his knee, especially Jennings.

Interesting question though. Who is the most begative between Wist, Packnut, and Merlin?

swede
04-01-2009, 03:59 PM

Agreed. I don't think it'd be a hoot to see any player blow out his knee, especially Jennings.

Interesting question though. Who is the most begative between Wist, Packnut, and Merlin?

Like the three fates that share one eye, they kind of take turns going over the top on being a downer.

wist43
04-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Settle down guys... I don't think it would be a "hoot", I was being sarcastic. GJ is our best player, and I do want us to win; which, necessarily means TT has to succeed.

Packnut
04-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Well, out of a billion draft picks, Jennings is the only blue chip player Thompson has drafted. I doubt even Teddy is stupid enough to not lock this guy up.