PDA

View Full Version : The Cutler story just gets a little more screwy...

packers11
04-01-2009, 10:44 PM
pft.com

Cutler: “I Was Surprised They Decided To Trade Me This Soon”
Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 1, 2009, 11:27 p.m.

Breaking his public silence and speaking out for the first time since he was officially placed on the trading block, soon-to-be ex-Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler told Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com that he was “shocked” that the Broncos decided to give up on a potential reconciliation.

Ultimately, Cutler said he didn’t want to be traded in an article co-written by Alex Marvez.

“I was surprised they decided to trade me this soon,” Cutler said. “I didn’t want to get traded. This wasn’t me. They [The Broncos] had been going back and forth saying things, wanting me to be their quarterback and then they didn’t.” I really didn’t want this. I love Denver. I really like my teammates. I didn’t want it to get this far.”

Cutler denied the Broncos’ claims that he didn’t respond to their repeated efforts to get in touch with him over the past 10 days, saying that he hasn’t heard from the team during that span.

According to Cutler, the first time he heard from the Broncos over that period of time was when they told him Tuesday that they had given up on any attempts for a compromise and would now actively attempt to trade him.

As for where Cutler will wind up, the quarterback said he thought that he will land in the NFC. He didn’t express a preference for his next NFL employer.

Citing a source, Glazer and Marvez reported that the Broncos want more than a first-round and a third-round draft pick in exchange for Cutler.

Glazer interviewed Cutler at a UFC Fight Night 18 card in Nashville, Tenn.

If UFC really wants to create some buzz, perhaps they could broker a no-holds-barred cage match between Cutler and Broncos coach Josh McDaniels. Just kidding.

easy cheesy
02-09-2011, 11:26 PM
pft.com

Bump... hahaha!!!

Bossman641
02-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Damn, here I was hoping I would have some more material to razz Bear fans on and then I saw the date of the original post.

mission
02-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Damn, here I was hoping I would have some more material to razz Bear fans on and then I saw the date of the original post.

Yeah Im not sure what's going on here. :P

easy cheesy
02-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Jay Cutler blows chunks... I am from Nashville... I couldn't believe someone from Vanderbilt acutually "made it"... turns out he didnt'... I also lived in Denver for the duration of the Elway Regime... that wimpy ass prick (Jay) doesn't hold a candle to John....once Bowlen got rid of Shanahan, Elam, etc.... et al... I wrote them off... Bowlen fucked himself.... Josh Mc Daniels was/is a piece of shit... good riddance to bad trash....

easy cheesy
02-10-2011, 12:27 AM
What's going on is I am roasting Jay Cutler... and I am bringing the "Puff" kleenex along to soften the "blow".... My grandma used to be the Secretary to Vice Chancellor Purdy at Vanderbilt... we normally suck at all sports... we had hope with the "mopey one"... NOT!!!!