PDA

View Full Version : Plax Released!!

Bossman641
04-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Oh boy

Bossman641
04-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Anyone have any ideas what will come of his legal problems?

If the Bears were to pick him up, then I'd be a bit scared.

Patler
04-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Now if he were to end up in Chicago.........!

packers11
04-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Woah... Now if he goes to the Vikings/Bears we'd have a bit of trouble... He's a playmaker...

I wonder how that leg is healing :lol:

sheepshead
04-03-2009, 02:34 PM
If they have any cap room, theyre on the phone I'm sure.

Gunakor
04-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Isn't Plax going to jail? Thought the crime carried mandatory jail time in New York. That's what I thought I heard anyway.

red
04-03-2009, 02:39 PM
this could get scary

but i'm pretty sure that he's due some jail time for carrying an unregistered gun in NY. it was suppose to be mandatory jail time, no if ands or buts

but if the guy gets off scot free like most nfl players do, then it would appear that the gods are smiling on the bears right now

Gunakor
04-03-2009, 02:43 PM
this could get scary

but i'm pretty sure that he's due some jail time for carrying an unregistered gun in NY. it was suppose to be mandatory jail time, no if ands or buts

but if the guy gets off scot free like most nfl players do, then it would appear that the gods are smiling on the bears right now

I'd want to wait until I knew the outcome of this case before I offer any kind of a reasonable contract to Plax. Not to mention the NFL's reaction to that outcome.

sheepshead
04-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Sports radio's talking it up now. Cutler press conference this afternoon. ( Im sure Partials down here with his home-made Cutler Bears jersey on)

Bossman641
04-03-2009, 03:07 PM
( Im sure Partials down here with his home-made Cutler Bears jersey on)

LOL

AV David
04-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Plaxico is charged with a felony gun law violation that has a mandatory minimum of 3 1/2 years in prison. (not jail, prison) Even his lawyer agrees he is factually guilty. The prosecutor is willing to negotiate the charge down to a lesser crime without a mandatory minimum. The catch is he wants Plaxico to do some amount of hard time, but less than 3 1/2 years. Plaxico won't go for it yet because, oddly enough, he does not want to go to prison. Plaxico has no leverage at all. The elements of the crime are:

1. Posession of a loaded, concealed, short barrel firearm
2. The weapon is not licensed in NY state.

Plaxico absolutely cannot go to trial. If he does he gets the 3.5 years upon conviction. The prosecutor said he wants to send a message to athletes and celebrities about carrying concealed weapons. At this point the prosecutor is reportedly offering about a year in prison.

That would certainly screw up at least one football season.

Can you imagine Michael Vick and Plaxico Burris on the same prison team? They would be unbeatable.

Cheesehead Craig
04-03-2009, 03:28 PM
The NFL may very well suspend him anyways so I highly doubt the guy is playing this upcoming season regardless.

Dabaddestbear
04-03-2009, 03:38 PM
I doubt anyone would want him due to his future sentence he will be facing for felony gun charges. Every deal they have offered him is rumored to include jail time, so he hasnt accepted them.

But I predict there will be more cap casualties before the season starts at WR.

KYPack
04-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Fairly obvious the Giant brass made a run with their lawyers and learned Plax is toast for a year +.

They will move on a WR in the draft for sure.

Plaxico?

I think a year, maybe 18 months in the cooler.

Lurker64
04-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Yeah, it's hard to see anybody going for him now. Since not only is he a habitual knucklehead with problems with authority and following direction, but he's also going to prison.

sheepshead
04-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Fairly obvious the Giant brass made a run with their lawyers and learned Plax is toast for a year +.

They will move on a WR in the draft for sure.

Plaxico?

i think a year, maybe 18 months in the cooler.

Yup Bloomberg has already made his feelings known. He'll pressure the prosecutors on this one.

gbgary
04-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Now if he were to end up in Chicago.........!

:shock:

Tyrone Bigguns
04-03-2009, 06:44 PM
You don't release a talent and playmaker like Plax unless you know you can't use that asset....no different than any other player with a high cap number.

Plax won't be playing anywhere this season. Relax.

pittstang5
04-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Plaxico is charged with a felony gun law violation that has a mandatory minimum of 3 1/2 years in prison. (not jail, prison)

What's the difference between jail and prison?

Guiness
04-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Plaxico is charged with a felony gun law violation that has a mandatory minimum of 3 1/2 years in prison. (not jail, prison)

I think AV was referring to the difference between stuff like landing yourself in the drunk tank, or being given some time, but being able to serve it on week-ends. Prison is behind bars, menace to society type stuff. You go in, you come out when your term is up. If you're lucky you have enough soap on a rope to last you.

sheepshead
04-03-2009, 10:06 PM

I guess maybe it's a good thing that you dont know.

Prison is a state or federal sentence. Much more serious. The drunk tank in Racine vs. Waupun for instance.

mission
04-03-2009, 10:31 PM
You don't get assigned a girlfriend in jail.

KYPack
04-04-2009, 12:04 AM
You don't get assigned a girlfriend in jail.

Yeah, Homie.

I knew you were playing us on this one.

Jail is the county. Drunks, fools, and people waiting for trial. They come and they go.

Prison is the joint. Everybody is locked up and they live there. Each week people get released.

A friend of mine's son played with Plax an MSU. He said Plax is a real nice guy, but a goof. He's the kind of guy who plays practical jokes that nobody laughs at. After it backfires on him, he feels bad and everybody tries to cheer him up. But he's a great teammate. A real stud who can play his ass off.

He is an airhead, and really pissed Cowher off with his shit. But he's an honest guy who plays hard, and the guys all like him.

He's the kind of teammate everybody likes, but nobody would let him watch their kids. He's no gangster, just a screw-up kind of dude.

SnakeLH2006
04-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Anyone have any ideas what will come of his legal problems?

If the Bears were to pick him up, then I'd be a bit scared.

Rest easy...He's good, but hardly the playmaker Moss has been, yet much more the headache...It's opportunity cost vs. production...Moss produces more for less headache...Yet it's negotiable as he's still a headcase few teams wanted to take on a few years ago. For all of Plax's production..he's gonna cause gangsta issues few want.

Bring it on to the Bears or Vikes...He's out the league in a year or two anyways.

Quote the Snake. Never more.

Lurker64
04-04-2009, 12:17 AM
He's out the league in a year or two anyways.

I think you mean "for a year or two". If he doesn't cut a deal on the gun charge, he's going to prison for at least 3.5 years. If he does, well he'll go for as long as the deal specifies. Both the DA and the mayor are playing hardball with him, trying to make an example of him specifically because he is a celebrity athlete, and he is factually guilty.

The only reason the Giants cut him is because he won't be able to play for the Giants for at least one season, possibly up to four.

SnakeLH2006
04-04-2009, 12:52 AM
He's out the league in a year or two anyways.

I think you mean "for a year or two". If he doesn't cut a deal on the gun charge, he's going to prison for at least 3.5 years. If he does, well he'll go for as long as the deal specifies. Both the DA and the mayor are playing hardball with him, trying to make an example of him specifically because he is a celebrity athlete, and he is factually guilty.

The only reason the Giants cut him is because he won't be able to play for the Giants for at least one season, possibly up to four.

That's why you quote the Snake and never more.

Nope..I really meant year or two...as he's old regarldess. Plax is done no matter what.

GrnBay007
04-04-2009, 01:56 AM

Actually there is more "free" time in prison then county jail time....time in the yard, classes to occupy time. Most would rather do 1 year prison than 1 year jail time. Although a person might not be as "safe" in prison as one would be in jail.