PDA

View Full Version : Arod's Trade Value Vs. Cutler?

SnakeLH2006
04-03-2009, 11:49 PM
So, here goes...Snake just back back from Las Vegas today (it was warm, fun, and costly) and first heard about the Cutler trade on here. I see Denver got 2 firsts and a 3rd for a hotheaded, childish, and crybaby punk who can also throw it a mile.

Snake thinks Cutler has talent, but not to the extent the Bears value him. I won't nitpick the physical side as both have had injuries or health issues, and both have strong ass arms and mobility...So it's a horse a piece there.

The question now is...Is Arod worth less, the same, or more.

I'd argue more..

They both have incredible physical skills and have yet to make the playoffs at QB at a similar age.

Yet...

1) Arod keeps his mouth shut.... +1
2) Arod is a team player... +1
3) Arod has more to grow arguably, having played less than Cutler... +1
4) Arod had a better 2008 statistically.. +1
5) Arod has proven to be better at his West Coast system craved by other teams... +1

Snake's Take:

Both are good young NFL QB's...yet I believe ARod has a few intangibles in his advantage...the Bears were greedy and I don't blame them, but hey...on an open market ARod would be worth slightly more.

Snake voted more based on those options...as I'd much rather have Arod with a correct head vs. Cutler's crybaby BS...Imagine if Cutler was in ARod's shoes with the Favre mess...not even close. After reading articles/quotes the last year or two about Cutler bragging it up...crying, etc. This meltdown didn't surprise me at all...In fact...I wouldn't mind/doubt a TO type meltdown again for Cutler if things don't go well in his new system in Chicago.

Opinions??

Lurker64
04-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Right now Rodgers has more value, if for no other reason than because Denver had to trade Cutler because he wasn't going to play there anymore and he wanted to be traded. In order to get Green Bay to trade Rodgers, since he wants to be here and is going to continue playing here, you'd have to back up the Brinks truck.

It's always cheaper to acquire something that somebody else wants to get rid of than to convince somebody else that they want to get rid of something by giving it to you.

SnakeLH2006
04-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Right now Rodgers has more value, if for no other reason than because Denver had to trade Cutler because he wasn't going to play there anymore and he wanted to be traded. In order to get Green Bay to trade Rodgers, since he wants to be here and is going to continue playing here, you'd have to back up the Brinks truck.

It's always cheaper to acquire something that somebody else wants to get rid of than to convince somebody else that they want to get rid of something by giving it to you.

True...Sorry, Snake didn't even acknowledge that yet, that would possibly bring more to the trade table...Snake would like to (but can't) bargain up his chips to 3 first round picks (if Cutler got 2 firsts and 1 3rd) for a bitch ass QB who HAD to get traded. Sorry...Snake got back from Vegas and still feels like betting...

Snake's only advice....Trade more for ARod than Cutler...as ARod is NOT a bitch. Good bet there. Good luck Bear fans though, as Snake's not worried as Bears fans are used to inept O's....I hardly see this as much more than a roadbump. Get a WR then we'll talk bitches.. :shock: